009. Morning Mayhem

Destiny In Disguise [HIATUS]

??? :

 

“Have you found the girl yet?”

“No, sir.”

“Hurry up, I don't have enough time for messing around! You find her or you can forget about coming back, ABOUT YOUR CREDIT CARD. Forget about seeing me again.”

Who cared about whether I was going to see the old man again, but my credit card!? He wouldn’t…

I quickly promised him.

“Yes, sir.”

 

✰✰✰

 

Choi S e o h e e :

 

Sunlight flooded the neighbourhood as morning crept over the silent houses. Finally responding to the blinding rays that have found their way to me, I made an effort to roll out of the hot spot on my bed sheets. Instead, pain shot through my head. A train of thoughts rotating the images of the previous night followed afterwards, and immediately I remembered the stench of alcoholic fruit punch, the sound of pounding music, and lifting of my weight off the ground as someone carried and slipped me into bed...

Quite awestruck, I opened my eyes to rid my now aching head of these memories. I still didn't know where I was, who I was, and waking up in the same room I did yesterday morning wasn't going to improve my situation. My head spun as my eyes tried to adjust to the sunlight in the room. As I turned my body, hoping to find a more comfortable position on the other side of my bed, my hands fell upon something warm and my elbows connected with something fuzzy. I turned around to look.

“…”

WHAT.

THE.

CRAP.

It was Kim Jonghyun, thereal one, the one from the party last night.

Normally, a girl would blush at the lack of space between my body and his, but seeing him up close with arms wound ever so tightly around my waist just made me really want to stick my fist into his face. Or in this case, chest, because that was all I saw in front of me.

So I did.

And in less than a second, he plummeted onto the ground. Accompanied by a loud thump, Jonghyun landed face first onto the carpet. Tasting the delight of déjà vu from the night before when I flipped him through the air, I sighed, wishing the floor was made of brick instead so that a scar would form across his face. However, when he realised he was pushed out of his own bed and snapped back, he returned me to my senses.

“YAHHH, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?” He rubbed his torso where I had punched him like it was itchy. “YOU HURT MY HEART.”

I coughed under my breath with no intention for him to hear my subtle apology. Served him right for being annoying last night. “Whoops.”

Before he could stand up and beat me into a pulp, if he could, Key came rushing in through the door. “WHAT HAPPENED SEOHEE ARE YOU HURT!?”

Jonghyun glared at me while I sat there in the midst of the moment, unable to glue my words into properly formed sentences. But that didn’t matter, because soon, Key seemed to have already found an explanation for the scene himself. Gasping, he did a little dance and pulled Jonghyun away from me. I watched as a battle between the roommates broke out. Despite being thinner than him, Key used the spectacular advantage of his height and successfully dragged Jonghyun out the door. Silence was restored at a terrifying speed as they boys travelled further down the landing, leaving me with no alternative but to try and sleep again. I cuddled the blanket to my knees and waited for slumber to come, but to no avail.

Plus, I heard nothing.

Wondering what was up, I got out of bed and poked my head into the corridor, hiding behind the door frame just enough to not get spotted by the two, who were now indulged in a conversation by the stairs. It was only now that I realised Key was wearing sunnies. I wondered why, but then I remembered. His eye was still bruised from yesterday.

“Why were you in the same room as Seohee… DID YOU DO ANYTHING TO HER–” But Key was stopped short when Jonghyun cut in.

“You meant to say, why is SHE in MY room?”

Silence.

“Oh wait… I think I carried her there myself…” Jonghyun whispered.

Wait, he carried me?

What?

“But anyway–”

Before I could understand, Key had already interfered.

“What d’ya mean, hyung…” He eyed Jonghyun suspiciously, but then continued after a few more moments of quiet. I had never seen such calm argument; maybe it was just the way things worked around here. “By the way, I... ugh... sort of promised to let her stay with us until she could find a place to stay at.”

Jonghyun tried really hard to pull an indifferent front. “I don’t care–”

But when his slow brain finally registered what Key had said, it seemed to me that he halted in his tracks. Along with him, I took a bit of time to think to myself. So Jonghyun and Key were roommates? Ah, of course, his name was in the bedroom earlier anyway. I felt ultimately stupid for not having realised earlier. Great, now I’m going to have to be stuck with him before I found a place I could move out to. This was going to be so awkward. Especially after what happened last night. I contemplated for a really long time, not realising that Key was giving him a weird glance. And then I remembered, he didn’t know the story yet.

Jonghyun changed the topic and proceeded. “Wait… so she lives here with us now!? Who’s room is Seohee going to be staying in…”

 Key didn't pause to think. “Well, since your room is dangerous, she can have mine.”

“BWO, how is my room dangerous!?”

Jonghyun was now flustered beside a snickering Key.

“Hyung, c'mon. Who knows what you might be hiding under your bed–”

“YAH!”

Key yapped on, and I imagined precisely a talking canine in my head. Jonghyun’s expression told me he was, too. “What? You think I'm happy with that as well!? If you haven't realised that means I have to put up with your short for the rest of the nights in my bedroom! Ugh, you better sleep on YOUR side of the bed.” He diva-flicked his hair, leaving Jonghyun speechless for a really long time.

I made the mistake of laughing at Key’s retort, and in no time I was uncovered from my eavesdropping business. Figuring it was no longer sensible to hide behind the door, I made my way towards them, blanket still in my hands. My body scraped against the soft material as I moved; I realised that I was still in my party dress, and my heels seemed to scream out in pain every time I took a stride forward along the landing.

Seeing me, Jonghyun looked the opposite way and folded his arms across his torso, sticking his chin out in the air as though to tell me I wasn’t welcomed. I rolled my eyes epically and ignored him.

“Oh, Seohee!” Key said, jumping to my side. “Did you hear everything…?”

I nodded, though finding it hard to take things seriously when I couldn’t see his eyes behind the dark shades of his polka dotted sunglasses. And he nodded too, understanding. Then, a little too excited, Key was about to take me somewhere when suddenly, Jonghyun reignited the argument.

“KIM KIBUM. I’M NOT DONE WITH YOU.”

“Hey, you were the one who stopped talking.” I suddenly said, wanting to stand up for Key. This guy was seriously screaming too much for a Saturday morning. “So shut up.”

Damn, that felt good.

Key joined in. “OOOOOOH SNAP! Seohee just told you off!” He oooh-ed some more, and then peeked from behind my shoulders at Jonghyun while moving his head in a circular motion.

“SHUT UP!?” Obviously, he was talking to me now. “I was being nice to you! And I haven't even said anything about you kicking me off the bed y...” Jonghyun spoke with much confidence, but he lost his tough façade when his words wandered off into another world. He ended up mumbling them towards the end and his words were barely audible, so I let them pass.

When Key decided to just ignore him altogether, the corner of Jonghyun's mouth concaved down. Chuckling silently, with the blanket still wrapped around me, I made no hesitation to follow Key down the steps and mehrong-ed at Jonghyun. Before turning to the front, the last thing I saw was his face adopting a reddish shade on his cheeks, looking like a dinosaur on rage mode. I could practically visualise the steam billowing out from his ears.

For some reason, after everything, I pitied the poor boy. And all the way to the kitchen with Key I was mentally doing backflips in the head–no, Choi Seohee, Kim Jonghyun is a hateful guy. Kim Jonghyun is not cute.
 

✰✰✰

 

A/N: Ngaawww, this chapter is so short T^T and okay, so maybe we lied about the appearance of a new character, but YOU GUYS JUST HAVE TO READ ON TO FIND OUT WHO THAT WAS. LOL. Don't stop reading, hope you guys can continue supporting this fic~ Found ---> Destiny in Disguise. It's all just comedy now, no serious stuff. Sorry if we're side-tracking from the main plotline.............. We'll be back shortly with more fantabulous moments between the trio and the new characters :D Love you all, xxx

 

hyukxin ft.  ayshienjulie ©