Chapter 3

My Voodoo Doll

I leisurely opened my eyes and rubbed the sleep off them while stretching to wake my body up. I sniffed and the delightful smell of fried eggs and bacon floated into my nose, waking me up fully. I got up and stumbled out of the room to find Kyungsoo with an apron on. “Where did you get that?” I asked, startling him. “I sort of brought it with me,” he replied sheepishly. I smiled inwardly at how cute he was compared to the devil soo he was yesterday. I happily skipped to the bathroom to wash up when I found Chanyeol in there, his head leaning on the wall with a toothbrush in his mouth. I looked closer and I saw his eyes closed. I snorted.

“Asleep, eh?” I whispered when I pulled the tap up and filled my hands with water. I raised my hands cautiously and splashed the water on his face, effectively knocking him out his slumber. He thrashed around for a bit, his toothbrush falling with a ‘tak’ onto the ground. “Lord! Why’d you do that?” he shrieked.

I smirked and pushed him out of the bathroom, “you were asleep.”

He shrugged me off and walked groggily to the living room. I picked up his toothbrush and washed up then strolled into the kitchen where chef Soo was preparing breakfast. “You made some for us, right?” I asked just in case.

“Obviously,” he rolled his eyes as I stuck my tongue out at him and fled the kitchen, meeting face to face with Xiumin. “Where’s Kai?” I wiggled my eyebrows. “You ing creep he’s like 4 years younger than us,” Xiumin said distastefully. “I’m only asking,” I shrugged innocently and went on my journey to find the tan boy.

“Kaaii~” I called out cutely. “Oppa!” I screamed mockingly. I found him in the backyard on his phone, talking up a storm. I plopped down next to him when his blabbing stopped, his angry stare now directed at me. “Can I help you?” he asked prissily.

I narrowed my eyes. “No.”

“I need to go now, bye,” he mumbled to whoever he was talking to and pressed the button harshly. “Who was that?”

“A certain prick.”

“With the name of..?” I questioned.

“Baek-ing-hyun.”

“Why’re you so pissed off?” I asked. “Because the head owes me 30 bucks!”

“That’s it?” I probed. “Yes,” he replied sassily.

“Well remind me not to get on your bad side,” I dusted my pants and stood up, walking back into the house. Everyone was gathered around the dining table, the food set. I rushed to the table and took a seat next to Chanyeol, my stomach grumbling loudly. “Thank you chef soo!” I yelled out and clapped my hands, getting ready to eat. Kyungsoo smiled shyly and to be honest it shocked me. He seemed like the normally bold type to be obnoxious and proud whenever someone complimented him but it now it just looked like he just had a more obvious evil side to him than others. I grinned at the thought. Satansoo. I giggled to myself and ate peacefully with the rest when Jongin barged in. “No one told me there was  food!” he whined childishly and quickened his pace to where we were all sat. The wood table was covered with food like eggs, bacon, salad (wot), cheese, bread, milk and the tea was on the stove. “Baekhyun hyung is coming over later to give me my money,” he casually announced. “Another ?” Kyungsoo groaned. He’s back, Satansoo is back!

“‘Hyung’? With the way you talk about him it sounds like he’s younger,” I laughed. “Yeah well he’s annoying. Kyungsoo hyung can confirm that.”

We ate silently when something suddenly crashed down on me. “Holy where’s your sister?” I exclaimed in Chanyeol’s ears who was frozen in shock for a second. “You scared the out of me! I took her back in the morning.”

“Took her back? Back where?”

“You’re very nosy, you know that? But yeah I’m kind of concerned too,” Xiumin spoke up. “I risked my life for her, of course I’d like to know,” I looked at Chanyeol expectedly.

He heaved a sigh.

“She’s at the foster care place thing,” he murmured and continued to eat his food. “What? She what? Did you sneak her out or in?” I exclaimed. “Out because they don’t treat her right! That’s why that stupid house went on fire, they hit her and I got angry!” his ears were red, he was obviously getting angry again. “They do it at night so every night I sneak her out, the sad thing is they don’t even notice.”

“Do they drink or something? Is that why they hit her? We have to tell the police! Why don’t you just keep her? You’re of age,” Minseok said worriedly. “I’m dangerous, what happened at the house could happen at any time, I don’t want to risk her life like that again,” he said dejectedly. I exhaled out of my nose and made up my mind. “We’re calling the police. Then, we should get her a new family, god knows we can’t take care of her,” I announced, nodding to myself.

Chanyeol sighed but agreed nonetheless. “I need to go to the café now, care to come along? You all should,” Xiumin grinned. He loved his café and was in no way shy to show it off. “Get dressed and we’ll go.”

 

 

“Welcome to my beautiful café!” Xiumin displayed and walked into the busy café. The employees all waved at the proud owner who was beaming. “Hello everyooonee!” he yelled out, like every morning and the employees bellowed “hello boss!” just as loud. I could tell that some girls liked him more than just a boss and the guys looked up to him, Xiumin was just naturally loveable.

The daily customers also greeted him as well as him to them. The atmosphere was always friendly; it was an additional reason as to why I enjoyed going there every day. Kai smiled as he took a seat on the couch near the window. “I was told about this café somewhere, I would never have thought you owned it,” he grinned.

“Not many people would think so,” the eldest chuckled as he put on his apron and immediately went to the kitchen to help out. “Nice, eh? I helped decorate,” I boasted with my chin held high. “Of course you did,” Chanyeol said with his tongue poking out from in between his teeth while grinning.

“! Baekhyun!” Kai abruptly jumped up and fished out his phone from his pockets. He dialed in the number and walked out the café to talk. “Xiumin hyung is really organized,” Kyungsoo pointed out. I looked at my wrist for a second; Xiumin gave us all something to cover our signs up. I already had my watch and so did Kyungsoo so he gave Chanyeol and Kai wristbands and bracelets. I walked up to the counter again while the guys continued to talk about whatever and looked at the donut which was yet again, the last one left. “If you give it to anyone I will on your pillow,” I threatened. “Unless you’re buying it, I’m giving it to whoever’s going to actually pay.”

And again, the doorbell had rung. I looked around to see the tall blonde yet again walking to the counter. I ran to the table to fetch my wallet. I ripped it open and looked around for some change when he ordered. “Can I have that chocolate glazed donut?”

“No!” I slammed the money onto the counter.

Xiumin blinked for a second before grinning widely. “Idiot.”

“Of course,” he said nicely. I glared at the man who was staring me down and stole a quick glance at his wrist. A little black was peeking out of his sleeve, and he yet again pulled it down. “Aw hell naw!” I let out a battle cry and decided I would just man handle him. Despite his height he seemed very weak as I grabbed his arm and tried to pull up his sleeve.

“Luhan! Luhan you let go of my customer!” Xiumin shrieked. The man however looked like he was trying not to laugh as his lips curled up into a grin, his gums showing. “What are you doing?” he screamed, about to laugh. “I know you have it!”

Chanyeol was now up on his feet and trying to pull me away. I thrashed around. “Please just tell us what you have,” I pleaded and he started laughing. I pulled up his sleeve and there was nothing, just a small black sign that looked like it was pen or something. I pulled back slowly.

“I am so so so sorry! It just looked like a nice tattoo, y’know? Heh. I was planning on getting one… Yeah,” I chuckled nervously.

“Right..” he paid for the donut and escaped the café as quick as he could. “You ing- ugh!” Xiumin gave up and just stormed into the kitchen. I pouted guiltily at where he was stood before.

I thought about it while everyone else was talking about school or whatever.

I checked his right arm…

It could have been on his left.

But mine is on my right, and so is Xiumin’s.

I looked at Kyungsoo and his giant watch was on his right hand too, Kai’s right wrist was also decorated in bracelets. I looked over to my side where Chanyeol was and his sign was surprisingly on his left arm. “Guys, I only checked his right arm, could it be on his left like Chanyeol’s?” I wondered aloud.

“Look man, he probably didn’t even have it,” Kai said frankly.

“Why didn’t he act all freaked out when I basically jumped him? Or why did he cover up his wrists whenever I looked?”

“There could be other reasons you know,” Chanyeol pursed his lips.

I nodded but I wasn’t convinced. Then someone came and sat next to us. “Damn, you really should get your directions straight,” the boy spoke. I blinked in surprise at his sudden entrance and Kyungsoo sighed. “Aw don’t act too happy to see me soo,” he added sarcastically.

He looked familiar somehow but I ignored it, not exactly sure since a lot of people looked like people I knew. “I just forgot about you, now give me my money.”

“No manners, tsk,” the boy took out his wallet and handed him the money he owed. “Are you like dealing drugs or something? If so, please do it somewhere where we can’t see, thank you very much,” Chanyeol said, receiving attention from the stranger.

“God no!

 

I’m just a e,” he said sarcastically. Chanyeol frowned and simply turned his head the other way.  “Gross. He just always asks me to buy him and never pays me back,” Jongin stuck his tongue out at him.

“Well, it’s all good now. I need to go do my eyeliner,” he excused himself and went to the bathroom.

“Eyeliner? The fuu-“ my voice slowly faded until it was like a light bulb was switched on in my head. I breathed in and out and decided to keep it to myself and find out like a normal person would rather than attacking him or sneaking into his room through his window.

I sighed at myself.

Idiot.

The boy came back and sat where he was a few minutes ago. “How rude of me, I’m Byun Baekhyun, nice to meet you all,” he introduced politely and the rest did the same, well, Chanyeol and I did. We also told him about Xiumin who was running here and there. “That’s a nice sweater,” I praised. And it was, it was white and the hem of the t-shirt was black with a picture in the middle. It was also big and complimented his small figure. “Thank you!” he grinned brightly. “It was damn pricey!”

Little by little everyone started to get to know each other and by then Xiumin’s shift was over; he handed the keys to one of the employees, took off his apron and got ready to leave. We all exited the café and walked around, in 3s or 2s, we walked to the park. The sun was slowly setting and my time was running out. “Where do you live?” I asked. “Quite far away from here, I live in an apartment,” he responded. “Oh, you should stay at ours for the night then, the guys here are staying too,” I invited casually but inside I was jumping with excitement at the chance I got.

“Awh no that would be rude of me, I can just go back home seriously it’s not that far away,” he waved his hand in the air dismissively.

“Nonsense! You’re coming with us,” I beamed at him and he gave up. “Wait hold up you said one night,” Chanyeol interfered our little talk.

“Sh, you probably heard wrong when you agreed,” I clenched my teeth, making my smile look quite unpleasant.

“Oh but that’s not what we signed up for,” he said with a fake giant smile. I smiled widely at that.

“It’s okay, it’ll be fun, isn’t that right Baek?”

“Sure hyung…” he trailed off. Once we reached the house everyone went in, changing their attire while I stayed near the door, putting my jacket on the coat rack. It was September but at night it would get a little chilly so I carried it around usually. In the corner of my eyes I saw a shadow but as soon as I turned my head, it moved away from my sight. I walked to where the shadow was coming from, the backyard, and I saw the back of someone escaping.

A robber?

Aw hell nah! I’m not letting you escape!

I ran to the front of the door where I was met with a masked man. The blonde hair peeking out of his hat looked familiar so I looked for something to throw at him. The rubbish bin lid was on my left so I telepathically moved it and threw it on the chest of the outsider. He let out at ‘oof!’ and landed on the ground. I sprinted to him and ripped off the mask to reveal the donut thief.

You!” I gasped.

 

 ☠

He looked at the doll in his hands and squeezed it. He dug a pin in the hand, watching it carefully for any unordinary occurrence but nothing happened. He slammed the doll down furiously. “Another ing fake!” he roared and flipped his table, efficiently knocking down everything in its way.

 ☣

Oh god.

R.I.P RiSe..

I send my deepest condolences to the members, the families and friends. 

On a less sad note,

UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAATE! Yas.

No wifi.

 

For.

four.

Days.

Next update is probably either really soon or after ages because I moved and I’m starting school.