Chapter 2

My Voodoo Doll

"Phoenix?  Is there such thing?” I asked, gaping.

“I don’t know, my uncle told me about it. That someday ‘the phoenix in me will awaken’,” he rolled his eyes. “I’m starting to doubt if that’s true, I mean, I’m 22! It should have been ‘awakened’ by now.”

“Can’t you ask him what he meant by that?” I suggested, looking at the little girl again. She looked different from her brother.

“He’s dead,” he said flatly, no emotions laced in his words whatsoever. I tore my eyes away from her and looked at him wide-eyed. “I’m sorry I brought it up,” I said, feeling embarrassed. “Why’d the house go on fire?” Xiumin asked from beside me, successfully diverting the subject away from his uncle.

“Oh... It’s sort of personal,” he nudged his head discreetly towards his little sister who was oblivious to the 3 sets of eyes that were trained on her.

“Tell us later,” I said through telepathy and amusedly watched his expression turn to shock. “Was that you?” he gasped. I smirked.

“Woah! What the hell happened here?” someone said, coming from a house on the other side of the street. Chanyeol sighed. “Nothing, Kyungsoo.” I turned to get a better look at him and my mouth flew open. “It’s him! Grab him!” I told Chanyeol urgently making him look all flabbergasted and out of panic he just grabbed ‘Kyungsoo’, not knowing why. I saw the humongous watch on his wrist and snickered, he covered it up eh?

“It’s big eyes, Min!” I charged towards the smaller and grabbed his arm, trying to take the watch off.

“Let go of me you freak! You’ll never get me!” he screamed, a hint of fear evident in his voice. The ground shook violently and I stared at him, blinking repeatedly, not sure what was going on when it clicked. “Woah, woah I’m sorry I just didn’t want you getting away so quickly again and I wanted to make sure!” I rushed out and breathed a sigh of relief when the shaking decreased. I showed him my wrist. He let out an inaudible gasp and thumped his head down, “you didn’t have to scare me like that,” he said.

“What’s going on? Why would you just show him your mark?” Chanyeol squawked. “Wait how do you know about them? How did you know about mine?” Kyungsoo addressed Chanyeol first then me. “I saw it one day, your eyes are easy to notice and remember so I recognized you,” I grinned proudly and then smugly to Xiumin. “Shut up,” he murmured. “You too?” little one gasped.

We nodded.

“Even the giant ?” he shook Chanyeol off. He looked at him blankly. “Yes, me too.”

“So, five of us huh?” Kyungsoo asked. “We don’t know any others so I don’t know who the fifth you’re talking about is,” Xiumin raised an eyebrow. “I’m telling you that blonde and eyeliner dude had them!”

“This one has one, I don’t know what his ability is but his sign is basically a triangle and a circle inside,” Kyungsoo informed. “Does he call everyone a ?” I whispered not so quietly to Chanyeol. He nodded and sighed.

“I heard you, .”

I breathed in, and then out. “You shouldn’t talk to elders like that.”

“Elders,” he scoffed mockingly.

“I bet I’m older than you, you owl-looking midget!”

“You look 10!” he shot back.

“Look who’s talking! I’m 24!”

“Oh- sorry~,” he said sheepishly, looking down. Xiumin gaped. “Two faced motherer,” he snickered in my ear. “So, you have the power of… nature?” I guessed. “Earth,” he corrected. “I have the power of telekinesis, I’m Luhan” I showed off, lifting a rock and throwing it to the other side of the road. “You stupid- I told you not in public!” Xiumin hissed.

“He’s frost, Minseok, or Xiumin,” I gestured towards the worried boy who was looking around to check if anyone was watching.

And someone was.

“I have the power of fire, I possess the phoenix,” Chanyeol introduced coolly, his little sister asleep in his amrs. “I think,” he ended lamely and I sighed. Kyungsoo was silent for a few seconds before his head snapped up towards the house. “You caused that?” he shrieked. “Sure, why not scream it out to the world,” he groaned.

“Who cares about that, do you know where this guy lives? The triangle sign dude?” I asked excitedly. “Sadly yes, why?” he asked.

“We’re going to go give him a visit.”

 

 

 

“You’re ing nuts! Doing this at 11PM what would people think if they saw you?” Xiumin whispered harshly as I started climbing the tree near the kid’s window. “Come on! Then you can all live in our house and we’ll have adventures and we’ll find out why we all have these abilities and then we’ll find more people like us, it’ll be fun!” I laughed lightly, excitement showing on my face. “Why would we leave our houses to live with you?” Kyungsoo laughed. “Because Chanyeol here burned his down so he has nowhere to go, nor his sister so you guys have no choice,” I climbed more, Kyungsoo now making the branch I was on stretch towards the window. “Right…” Chanyeol murmured, looking at his sister.

The branch expanded all the way until the window and I reached for the handle, pulling it up. He left it open, hah, I thought and carefully climbed in. I stayed on the window sill for a little, looking around to see if anyone was on the bed but the light was . I placed my feet on the ground one by one and stood up, looking around the large room when I heard the shower. “Oh,” I whispered. I thought for a second. What was I planning to do anyway?

I laughed silently at my idiocy and looked around for a paper and pen.

“Meet me at 4PM tomorrow near York park” I wrote on it when the shower turned off. I snapped my head towards the bathroom door and placed the paper down, trying to make a run for it when I tripped on his school bag and fell flat on my face.

“,” I groaned and rubbed my face. I turned around to see a tan guy in front of the closed door with a towel hung low around his hips. My face turned beet red since he caught me checking out his body but I’m pretty sure that wasn’t what he was thinking about right then. “Who are you?” his low voice startled me, snapping my out of my daze.

“Oh, I-I’m sorry! I’ll leave!” I got up quickly making my way towards the window when he popped up beside me, stepping in front of the window. He was only a few centimeters taller than me but I felt oddly intimidated by his piercing stare. Did he run that fast?

He looked over my shoulder and at the note I wrote. My face turned red in embarrassment.

“I asked you who you were,” he shut the window and my mouth flew open.

“You don’t know me, what’s the use of telling you my name?” I tried to act calm but inside I was dying because he barely had any clothes on and he was so close to me and oh my god he has a nice body. His eyes narrowed at my response. “Okay then, tell me why you snuck in through my window and how.”

“It’s not exactly hard, I mean the tree is right there and you left the window unlocked as for why, I can’t tell you,” I smiled sweetly. He stepped closer to me and I held my breath, all confidence and reassurance gone.

“I wasn’t asking you,” he whispered near my ear. I stole a quick glance and his wrist and noticed there was in fact a sign, a triangle with a circle in the middle with another two circles inside and some sort of design. I stepped back and looked around his room for something to throw at him or to avert his attention from me but that’s pretty hard since I just snuck in his room and I’m pretty sure no one would not put all attention on the intruder. So, I settled with lying and seducing seeing as he was fine with being almost in front of a stranger.

“I go to your school,” I acted shy, looking down. “It might seem creepy but I have a thing for you and I just wanted to meet you alone,” I bit my lip, adding onto the effect. His eyes narrowed, staring me down. “I’m pretty sure I would’ve recognized you,” he said lowly.

“It’s not my fault I’m not noticeable,” lies. I knew I was to be honest. I looked like a girl. And it was in no way a good thing. I put my hand on his chest to convince him more. “I just wanted to be able to touch you,” I whispered then I blasted telekinetic energy, sending him flying to the wall. I smirked and opened the window,  jumped on the window sill then down to the ground, landing messily onto the ground but thankfully not getting hurt. As soon as I got down however he was right in front of me again.

“What the ?” I shrieked.

“Kyungsoo?” he said in disbelief once he spotted the rest of the guys. 

“Well .”

“Okay what the hell is going on?” the guy said, exasperated. “You explain,” Minseok pointed at me. “Yeah, I’d like you to explain too, what the did you do to me up there?” he exclaimed. “I’m guessing you can teleport or something like that seeing as if you jumped your towel would have flown away,” I wriggled by eyebrows, more comfortable then since I wasn’t alone with him. “Well you’re some sort of magic freak because you freaking threw me away without doing anything!” he screeched. “Not exactly, I emitted telekinetic energy to make a blast, I could have destroyed you but I merely pushed you away. Basically, a shockwave,” I explained. He still looked clueless so I merely shrugged and showed him my wrist. His face etched into a frown and grabbed my wrist. “Do they know?” he whispered and looked at the rest. “Yes, and they all have the sign too.”

“Wait how’d you know I had one?” he asked.

“Well, you made no move to cover it up at school, so,” Kyungsoo said casually and the guy snapped his head towards Kyungsoo as if shocked that he even talked to him. “Don’t get used to it.”

“Wait you too? How come you never told me! I thought I was the only one and you- ugh!“ he groaned loudly. “How about we get to know each other at our place?” I raised both eyebrows in a suggestive manner. “Go put on some clothes, we need to talk.”

I eventually talked them into coming along and sleeping over for ‘one night’. I definitely meant more than one night, but it’s alright, at least they came along. Jongin packed some clothes and we stopped at Kyungsoo’s house to get stuff too. Something was odd though. Everyone lived alone.

“Isn’t that a bit odd? All of us live alone?” Chanyeol wondered aloud but no one spoke of why. I looked at the ground, not wanting to explain why when we reached the house at last. I unlocked the door and smiled satisfyingly seeing as Xiumin cleaned up in the morning before he left. Our house was pretty big since it was Xiumin’s uncle’s before he moved. Four rooms had beds in them and since there were 6 of us, the guy, Kai was his name, volunteered to sleep on the couch while Chanyeol tucked his little sister into bed.

We sat around the living room and began introducing ourselves. “You know me obviously, I have the power of earth,” Kyungsoo revealed his mark, watching his expression. “I’m Minseok, or Xiumin and I have the power of frost.”

“Luhan, telekinesis,” I smirked when Kai glared slightly at me. I’ve always known that I was interested in guys and not girls but this guy just made me feel like acting like high school guy I was, flirting around and stuff. I winked cheesily at him and he looked away.

“Chanyeol, fire. I possess the Phoenix.”

“Kai, or Jongin, and I have the power of teleportation.”

We talked around a bit about our experiences and if we know anyone else with a sign but nothing. We slept that night in peace but in worry.

But what we didn’t know was someone was watching the whole time.

“Damn it look everwhere!” he shouted, enraged. “Find the real ones or I will kill you all.”

“Just you wait boys, you don’t know what’s coming for you,” he laughed hysterically, the madness taking over, blinding him of sanity.

 

 

 

 

 

WHOOP SECOND CHAPTER! Hehehehe thank you guys for subbing and commenting! Who do you think was watching them?

Hint: he’s part of EXO.