It's just the beginning

Bloody Secrets And Scars

 

Elana's POV: I woke up to the sound of Luhan telling me to wake up. Slowly, I opened heavy-feeling eyes and I yawned, everyone was awake. The incidents of the day before filled my mind and I closed my eyes remembering mom and dad. I looked up and questioned Kris, "Kris, why were mom and dad..." I trailed off, unable to complete my own sentence. I quickly glanced at Rylee who shook her head as I felt everyone's gaze on me. Kris didn't say anything so I questioned him again, "What are Rylee and I exactly?" Kai who was leaning on a tree nearby snickered and I shot him a look. Kris sighed as he began the story, "Elana, you and Rylee are both Archangels. Your mom and Dad both were Archangels as well who were sent to Earth from heaven in order to destroy demons and evil on Earth who were creating a chaos. However, your mom fell pregnant with you and Rylee due to which your mom became weak. They were supposed to have returned to heaven but your mom's weakness gave the evil the oppurtunity to take revenge and so they did; demons, changelings and all sorts of evil creatures were able to distract them on their way to Heaven's Gate and your mother was already beginning to feel the need to lie down to deliver you two." He paused and took a deep breath as if the next part was very tough. Even Kai's smile had vanished and everyone had straight faces. "S-she was in a situation where she would die because of the pain..." I closed my eyes as I began feeling the heaviness of my heart, guilt washing over me. " Just then, Satan appeared. Your dad loved your mom a lot Elana and Rylee and everyone knew it. So, Satan had an offer; he offered your dad your mom's life but in exchange he wanted you and Rylee." Kris mumbled, looking at everyone. 

My breath hitched, I knew where this was going. "You and Rylee are special Archangels because you were born on Earth. According to legend, two Archangels would have been born on Earth through an Archangel and once they entered Heaven's Gate, all evil would die. That's why Satan wanted you and in fact, even today, all sorts of creatures are hunting down you two. Your Dad agreed on the offer because you two had just been born and your mom was about to die protecting you two because she was extremely weak. God came to know about it and immediately sent a couple of angels to rescue you two but since your dad had already agreed, he and your mom were snatched of all the angelic powers and turned to evil creatures. Your dad became a werepanther and your mom survived but was turned into a half banshee, half demon. The two angels took you two to the orphanage but were killed while returning to Heaven's Gate for rescuing you two and not telling where they hid you." A tear rolled down face after listening to what had happened. Silent tears flowed down my face as I whispered "sorry"s to mom and dad. I could also hear Rylee's silent sobs. So the truth finally comes out. After all this time of thinking that our parents were alive...Somewhere, they weren't. Why? I felt like shouting at the sky, but instead I just bit my tongue and struggled to remain calm. Kai looked at me before looking at his feet. "And you call me the freak. Not so great being being some type of creature, huh?" He said before shaking his head and stalking off. I can't believe this. Aleigh looked at me from creaping out behind Tao. "Elana.."

                          I hardly heard her as I shoved my hands in my face, tears rolling my down my cheeks. So many thoughts ran through my head, and I struggled not to loose my insanity. Here we are, in the moods...And I don't even know what were fighting for. It seems like when we do fight, we just end up hurting people around us that mean the most. "Listen." Tao said knealing down beside me, straying away from Kai who was walking away. I looked at him through my watery eyes, and he looked away and hesitantly touched my shoulder. "I know it's not easy. Take us for example. When we was younger, our mother and father were terrified of us. Our mother would call us mean names and was even afraid to just touch us. It was awful, and when we got older, we realized what we was. And soon after, people came for us. We fighted to protect our mother and father...But, they were still killed in front of us." He explained, his voice filled with emotion when he finished. He looked over his shoulder at Kai, who was watching everyone expressionlessly. "We even had a little sister, named Chezamae. Her and Kai were close, but she was killed right in front of him and died in his arms. He's never been close to anyone since then." He said before straightening up. I was stunned with shock, before glancing over at the heartless boy. Maybe...That's why he's like that. "I-I'm...So sorry." I stammered, feeling heart broken hearing that. "We better get going before every thing notices that were around here." He said before looking around and resting his huge blade/sword on his shoulder. I stood up shakily and nodded in agreement as well.

                                I looked over at Rylee. She looke alot more angry then anything else. She was still crying slightly, but it seemed to be more towards anger. Luhan looked super worried as he looked at her, he kept glancing at her before looking straight once more. Kris blinked at me before looking straight once more. "Let's head out." He said before taking the lead. And with that said, we all walked foreword. The sun wasn't even up yet, and the dark  sky still gleamed faintly with stars. It seemed alot colder then usual, and I shuddered. I looked over to see Kai staring at me, his jet black bangs covering his ice blue eyes. "I'm sorry about your parents. It ." He mumbled, not looking at me. That's the nicest thing he's said to me since we met. I just simply nodded, before he slowly handed me a black gun. It felt heavy and cold as it layed in my hand. "Since you said you can take care of yourself, here you go." He said before walking off. I looked at it before puting it in my back pocket. Before, he would just completely refuse to give me a weapon. He said that I would end up getting everyone killed. I guess...Everything in working out better between us. I observed all of them, and I pondered in deep thought. So...If they are our like guardians...Then...Why are they doing this? I looked back and slightly smiled at Luhan. He sighed before slowly walking towards Rylee, before puting his arm around her shoulders, before looking away from her slowly. She glanced at him, but didn't say anything but keep crying it looked like. Everyone looked back at him before different reactions showed, good and bad ones. 

Rylee's POV: Luhan put his hand around my shoulders as I cried my heart out.  We didn't even know our parents were alive and we were the reason why mom had been killed yesterday.  After I was done crying, anger ran through my veins as I asked Kris, "We have powers right? I want to know how to use them." I said. He stopped and looked at me, slightly shocked. " We'll help you guys." He smiled as he nodded. "You have the powers of angelic possession, induced sedation, ressurection, memory manipulation, teleportation, telekinesis, killing touch, healing, telepathy, soul reading, time manipulation, and being archangels, you also have additonal powers of electrokinesis, weather manipulation, holy white light, cryokinesis, shapeshifting, pyrokinesis, molecular combustion and granting invunerability. You are immortal as many supernatural creatures are and invunerebal." He finished. I was amazed by how much power we had but instead of showing the surprisement, I asked "How do we use that?"I questioned making everyone stop. "I have no idea, you just do. Feel the power and let it flow through your finger, that's all I know." He said with a slight shrug.   But before I could question further, a blood-freezing scream made us all freeze in our places. Elana immediately stood up and closed her eyes, and opened them which were now glowing red, "It's a banshee." She whispered. I was slightly surprised that she was able to trigger her power. Kai tensed up before everyone stood close together, looking over their shoulders. Kai smirked and looked at her, "Impressive princess." He said before smirking. 

                        Everyone were on alert and Xiumin pointed into the woods where a pair of red eyes were staring out from among the trees at us and I could just make out the shape of a woman with loong hair and blood-stained clothes. "I sense trouble." Tao said his eyes already glowing. The banshee disappeared and we were face-to-face with ugly-looking creatures. I closed my eyes, "Wraiths. I hate these stupid creatures." I found myself saying automatically. "What are they? We've never encountered them before." Kai said, his eyes flashing blue with a hint of fustration and annoyance. "The feed on human brains. Be careful everyone, they have the ability to make people hallucinate." Elana informed everyone. Soon, we were face-to-face with wraiths. The boys turned into wolves while the little girl hid behind me. I just closed my eyes and felt power surging through me as I put my hands infront of me to produce holy light which just made the wraiths disappear. Everything went quiet, and I stood there slightly dumbfounded, still feeling the warm sensation in my hands. The boys still held their ground, before slowly looking around and growling slightly. "What the hell was that?" Kai growled, baring his teeth in a snarl at me. "Holy light." Kris responded, his ear twitching. "You, Luhan, Kai and Elana go ahead and scope everything out." Kris demanded, dipping his head slightly. I looked down at my hands in deep thought, wondering what else I could do. "So, we have pryrokinesis?" Elana mumbled, as a bright red flame suddenly engulfed her hand. She went wide eyed before screaming slightly. "Fire!" She squeaked loudly. 

                                  I went wide eyed as she shook her hand, making a huge wave of fire fly towards Kai and Luhan. They both went wide eyed before ducking. Kai turned around before barking then growling at her. "Watch it..." He snarled, baring his huge fangs. She laughed weakly before nodding and holding her hands up in surrenduer. We went wide eyed as there was another scream of another banshee. "Elana, cover me." Kai barked, before dashing off. She ran beside him, before they both disappeared into the darkness. "Am I covering you?" I questioned, looking over at the Luhan who looked like he was thinking deeply. He nodded before dashing off after Kai and Elana. They were both already fighting a banshee, it screaming shouting. Elana kicked off the tree before using her hands to fling the banshee towards Kai. Kai leaped in the air with his teeth bared and his whole body stretched out. He catched it in mid air before snapping it in half with his teeth. Luhan looked at his brother, his ears shooting straight up and his mouth slightly open. "I'm getting used to my powers." Elana said before looking at everyone. I smriked as Kai sighed. "She nearly killed me earlier. " He snarled in annoyance, his ice blue eyes piercing me like a thorn. I struggled to block them out as they both argued. They are like little kids when they argue. We both walked back slowly in the way we came from, and I could already see the outlines of the others. Aleigh was on the back of Tao, her hands dug into his dark blue/black fur. "Come on, let's go." Kris said his caramel fur gleaming slightly, sticking out from the dark. 

                                   I looked  back as Elana stopped walking, and she was just standing there. "Elana, come on." I said urgingly, straying away from everyone. She was looking to her left, before ducking down and straining her neck as if she was trying to look at something. "Do you see that?" She questioned, before looking at me. I sighed before following her gaze. A little girl was sitting with her back to us, and she sounding like she was crying. She was wearing a white dress, and she had messy long brown hair. Her face was burying in her dirty knees that was pressed close to her. "Hello?" I asked softly, to see if she'd hear me. The little girl stopped, before slowly raising her head. I went wide eyed as she slowly looked at us, before smiling slightly. We both were frozen as her face started to go all disformed. Her skin was covered in blood, and she had two dark holes for ice. She screamed loudly before leaping towards us. I screamed before falling backwards. I landed with a loud thud on the ground. I looked over to see the little girl over Elana. I felt my eyes stretch wide as Elana let out a piercing scream of pain. I felt my eyes glow and I looked at the creature before it exploded a second later. I ran over to her, before bending over her. She slowly sat up, before holding her neck. "A-Are you ok?" I asked, looking at her. She nodded, and I looked at her hand had blooc running throgh it quickly. I made her move it to see two fang marks. I gasped and backed away quickly. "I-It bit you..." I stammered, feeling pure worry and fear surge through me. She looked down and began to sob once more. "It's going to be ok."

                                       Tao's POV:  "What's wrong with them?" Kris snarled, looking over his shoulder. I turned around, looking back at Elana and Rylee. They both were walking slowly from behind us. "Probably broke a nail or something like that." Kai snorted, his ice blue eyes gleaming with annoyance. Elana was holding her neck, and I could smell the strong smell of blood. Xiumin wrinkled his nose in disguisted before sneezing. "Ew! Are you bleeding?" He asked before giving a violent shake. Before anyone said anything else, Elana stopped directly in front of us, before scanning everyone. "Are you-" I asked, but she collasped on the ground, her knees buckling from underneath her. We all looked down at her, and I rolled my eyes. Everyone looked at Kai who was looking at Xiumin. "Why is everyone looking at me?" Kai snarled, his ears pulled back and he dug his huge wolf claws in the ground in pure fusteration. "I guess that means Kai's carrying her." I said, my ears standing straight up in amusement. My brother, looked at me before shaking his head slowly. "I can't believe your trying to do this to me." He mumbled as he picked her up by the back of her shirt, before gentle puting her on his back. We all continued to to walk, and I stopped and looked back at them. Elana moaned loudly, and Sehun gasped. "What are you doing to her Kai? Are you her?" He asked, making everyone look back in pure alarm. He went wide eyed, and he quickly turned into human, catching her as she almost fell on the ground. "No. I would never do that to a girl like her." He snarled, before glaring at me intensely. 

                                 "I wonder why she passed out like that." Kris mumbled, looking back at her. Kai frowned as he looked down at the pretty girl that hung loosely in his arms. "I seriously don't know. She's stupid." He grumbled before walking beside me. Xiumin looked at her before sighing, and he gentle rested his nose against her forehead. His tail flicked, and he shook his head slowly. "She's warm. Something's wrong." He said before looking at Kris and everyone else. She's probably sick. This weather has been pretty harsh lately. "Are you sure nothing happened back there?" Luhan questioned Rylee, as she walked beside him. She had her arms wrapped around herself, and she looeked very scared and worried about something. "Yes. I'm positive, she was laying on the ground screaming in pain. I don't know what happened to her exactly." She said before shaking her head slowly. I jumped as there was the sound of fighting from further away, and we all tensed up. Sehun jerked his head, before dashing off, in the signal for us to follow. I ran foreword, my feet churning up dirt from behind me. I narrowed my eyes and felt the wind through my fur. The awesome thing about being a wolf is the awesome adrenaline rush you get. I skirted to a halt and tensed all of my muscles up. A outline of a boy was fighting some type of hellhound. We all observed from a far, not doing anything. "Shouldn't we help that guy?" Luhan questioned softly, whimpering slightly. Kris glared over his shoulder and shook his head. I went wide eyed as there was a hgue black shape crashing towards us. I went wide eyed as at the deformed hellhound.

                                           We all tensed up, and I looked over as jet white eyes looked over in our direction. "Get out so that I can see you." A voice shouted, and I looked at Kai who was glaring intensely, with no fear in his eyes. "Hold her." He growled, before tossing Elana onto me. "Kai, what are you doing?" Kris snapped with pure annoyance. Kai turned into his huge wolf, his ice blue eyes glowing with anger. He leaped out, his claws stretched out. They all rolled their eyes before dashing out from behind him. The boy turned around and gasped as Kai tackled him to the ground. Rylee knelt down beside her sister that was starting to wake up. "What the..." She mumbled, before looking at her with sleepy eyes. I went wide eyed as the boy lifted his hand, making Kai fly away from him and smack into the tree. "Guys! Stop! It's a dark angel!" I howled, making them all look at me. Kai stumbled on his feet, and snarled, before charging at him once more. He smacked the boy across the face intensely. Once he was gone, he grabbed his leg before smacking him against the tree. "Kai! Stop!" Kris snarled. The boy layed there for a moment, breathing heavily. "You think you can kill me?" Kai snarled, leaning over the boy. I dashed foreword to tell him to stop, I went wide eyed as the boy pulled out a pure silver sword. He slammed it into Kai, making him yelp loudly. We all stood there in pure shock, and Kai slowly fell to the ground. He turned into his human form, breathing heavily. The boy gasped softly, before knealing down beside him on the ground. "Get away from him!" I snarled, leaning over my brother. "I'm sorry." 

                                          I examined the person closer, to see that it was infact a boy. "What are you morons doing? Kill him..." Kai grumbled in pain from under neath me. "I didn't know you was the guardians." The boy said, and I looked at him more closely and gasped. He had jet black angel wings that spread out, and it blocked out the moonlight for a moment. "Who are you?" Kris said, before turning into his human form. We all did the same, and he looked at all of us. "I'm Jung Kook." He whispered, before looking over at Rylee who helped Elana walk over to us. Rylee went wide eyed as she looked at him. "W-Who are you?" She stammered looking at him. "He's your guardian. He's going to help us." Sehun explained, nodding slowly. Kai struggled to stand up, ignoring Xiumin's protest to stay down. "We...Don't need your help." He growled, looking at him. The angel smiled, before shaking his head. "Well, as I see it.... Your no help right now." He said before looking at Kai with a glare. I held my arm out, in case my hot headed brother decided to attack him again. "So, your our guardian?" Elana whispered weakly, making him look at her. He flipped his swoopy black bangs and studied her worriedly. "She's sick? This is no condition to travel." Jung Kook scolded, before gentle picking her up. She looked up at him weakly before smiling greatfully. "Your seriously going to trust him?" Kai whispered in Kris's ear. "Not now, let's go." He said before walking behind Jung Kook. "I can't believe this..." Kai blabbed on, struggling to walk. "Me neither, look at yourself. You retard, almost got yourself killed." 

                                           Elana's POV: Who is this boy? I looked up at him and felt my body go slightly limp. I feel like I'm dying... I slowly lifted my hand and gentle touched my aching neck. It felt like it was on fire, and I struggled to not scream in pain. I looked past Jung Kook at everyone else. They were walking beside each other steadily, watching Jung Kook's every move. We all stopped as there was a soft surprised gasp. "Oh you poor kids!" A voice said softly. We all looked over to see a middle aged women look at us with shocked expression. She walked towards us, the moonlight dancing across her pale face. "Hello." Jung Kook replied, cutting everyone off. The lady looked human, and she was carrying a small lamp beside her. "What are you doing out here?" She asked softly, sounding worried. She observed us, her eyes narrowed. "Were lost. Me and my friends were attacked by people, and we could really use some help." He explained, shooting them a look to not say anything. The women sighed, before letting her body relax. "Follow me. You can stay with me and my son for tonight." She said before walking in the oppisite direction. "Are you stupid?" Kris snapped, grabbing Jung Kook's shoulder. They all glared at him, and they looked outraged. "You guys are hurt. And it will give me a chance to explain everything." He said in a low whisper. I sighed heavily, knowing that he was right. I can't go on much longer like this. We all followed the lady, and I clung onto Jung Kook tightly. "So, what are your names?" She asked over her shoulder, the lamp lighting up our path. Everyone was quiet.

                                           She chuckled, before nodding, her long straight brown hair bouncing on her shoulders. "I understand. It's dangerous to trust people around here." She mumbled, half to herself. I looked at Jung Kook before slowly climbing out of his arms. "I should be fine." I said softly. He looked at me worriedly but didn't question me. Rylee was walking with Luhan, talking to him quietly. "I think this lady might be a hunter." Luhan whispered as I walked beside him. I looked over at Kai, who was grabbing the knife that was in his side. He took a deep breath before pulling it out. "You think? What will happen when she finds out were Veils?" He questioned, glaring at his brother through his jet black bangs. I looked at him sympathetically, feeling slightly bad. He's always fighting, no matter what were dealing with. Kris opened his mouth to reply, but to be cut off as the lady faced us. "Were here." She declared, and I looked a huge white house that towered over us. It was pitch black inside, and there was hardly any noise at all from inside. It looked slightly worn down, and there was trees all around it. She beckoned for us to follow her inside. The porch groaned and creaked from underneath our feet. Kai stopped and stood on the porch, not taking a step further. "Aren't you coming?" I whispered, looking back at him. He stared at the house for a long time, before sighing. "Yeah, but I don't trust them." He mumbled before he scooted closer to me as we both walked inside the house. "Oh, there's the two love birds." The lady cooed, sounding far away. I blushed heavily, akwardly looking away from Kai. "No." 

                                    Kai growled, sounding more like a warning. Everyone was sitting in the living room, candels all around them. "Why exactly are there candels everywhere?" Xiumin asked, sitting cross legged on the ground. "Because the lights draws vampires and other creatures." Another voice said, making us all look over. A boy about our age was standing at the hallway entrance, glaring at us. "This is my son, Mino." She said, giving a shaky laugh. He stepped foreword, observing everyone. Kai automatically grabbed his black gun that was laying beside him. "You know about supernatural creatures?" Jung Kook questioned. Mino snickered before nodding. He sat down with us, before observing all of us slowly. He had slightly spiky hair, but it was shaved on both sides. He was wearing a black hat that was on backwards. "What smells like dog?" He asked suddenly, before making a face in diguist. I automatically looked at the boys. "We just got done fighting a wolf." Sehun said suddenly, making everyone nod. The lights danced across our faces, and I struggled to remain cool. "Veils. They are dangerous." He said before nodding. Kai clenched the gun, looking around as if he was planning his escape. "Me and my mother are hunters." He said before giving a half smile. Kris nodded and smiled sweetly at him. "We thought so." He said before looking at everyone else. "They are injured, let me go and get some supplies." The women said before standing up quickly and hurrying down the hallway. "Oh, you won't be needing these, we will protect you." Mino said before reaching for Kai's black gun. No...

                                    Kai went wide eyed, before grabbing Mino's arm before leaping onto him. I went wide eyed as they both crashed on the ground. Kai pinned him down, his ice blue eyes flashing with anger. He was pointing the gun directly at his face, and leaning over him. "Touch me again, I dare you." He snarled. Mino was wide eyed with shock, but just simply shoved Kai off of him. "I'm really sorry about my brother...." Tao apologized, before shooting him a warning glare. "You better watch yourself, mutt." He snapped, making everyone gasp slightly. He made a face as if he couldn't believe that we didn't know that he already knew. Does that mean he'd kill us? I was jerked out of my thoughts as the women reappeared. "Here's the supplies. Who's first?" She asked, setting down a bucked of water, some stitches, a rag and other supplies. Everyone looked at Kai, and he glared at all of us. "I'm fine." He objected, but I grabbed the rag and gentle began cleaning his wound. He winced, and stared at me. "You need this." I objected, making him roll his eyes. I went wide eyed as he slowly lifted up his bloody shirt, revealing his perfect body. I gulped and struggled to keep focus. "Do I dazzle you, princess?" Kai said smirking slightly at me. I shook my head, even though my cheeks were probably as red as blood. I tried to be as gentle as possible, and he watched me carefully. "You should really...Try and give them a chance." I said softly. He looked at me before raising a eyebrow. "I don't know. I just don't trust them." He replied flatly. Wow, that's the first time he shared how he felt with me. I smiled slightly.