Deep In The Woods

Bloody Secrets And Scars

Elana's POV: "Are you okay?" A voice asked concernedly from next to me. I jumped, jolting back to reality. I looked over to my right to see my sister Rylee looking at me concernedly. I sighed, before fidgeting, from staying in that thinking position to long. "Yeah, I'm just thinking." I said softly. She looked at me through her dark blue eyes. We were in the busy and bustling Orphanage, a really big day for everyone. I looked around at the huge room, with kids of all ages scattered everywhere. The white walls made the little girls white dresses look faded. The dusty and wooden floor creaked with every step that they took, and I struggled to block the noise out. "You know were not going to get any chance again." Rylee said from beside me, making me close my eyes slightly. "Yeah, I know." I sighed, making us both sit there. We both have been here almost half of our lives...And not even a single adult or person has looked at us. What's so wrong with us? The more I thought about, I could feel my anger in my chest boil over. I listened to my rock hard bed groan underneath me, not used to the movement. "Ok children, the couple should be in here in a little bit." The voice of a middle aged women cooed, making the kids circle here with thousands of questions. No one ever wants two fifteen year old sisters, were just..Unwanted. "I don't see why we just-" Rylee began but was cut off as a women walked towards us, her feet making the wooden floor board come to life. I smiled shyly at her. "Yes?"  I questioned, always knowing that we always do something wrong apparently to these people around here. "Aren't you guys going to join in on the excitement?" She asked, looking excited herself. I felt myself frown of her forcing excitement. "Come on, you guys at least have to try...Please?" 

                           She asked, sitting down on her knees between me and Rylee's bed. We both exchanged expressionless glances before shaking our heads. "There's just nothing to be excited about." I said with a slight shrug. The lady narrowed her light brown eyes, making wrinkles form. She slowly her long brown hair over her small elf like ears. "It doesn't hurt to try..." She said, trying to swallow down her fusteration. I just calmly stared back at her, not saying anything. Before she could argue with us anymore, there was voices from outside of the room. The wooden door swung open sharply, making the kids go nuts. What the...? I slowly strained my neck to get a better view, and gasped loudly. Two grown ups was standing in front of the room, smiling hugely. They both looked like they were filthy rich, and they both beamed as they looked around slowly at all of the excited kids that swarmed them. "I still think we should just escape." Rylee whispered, glancing at me through her light brown bangs. I sighed, knowing that she was right. It'd be so much better if we did... I looked out the small window behind our narrow beds. The white, dusty curtian blowed in the wind, and I longed to feel the warm summer wind in my long hair. When we was younger, I remember men trying to come and kidnap us. I shuddered, shutting my eyes tightly at the memory. I was jerked out of my thoughts, as I felt a warm hand rest on my shoulder. I gasped. I looked over to see the women knealing down in front of me on the ground. She was smiling at me warmly, her long black hair messily resting on her shoulders. 

                                  She smiled sweetly, making it slice through my heart. A young little girl was standing next to her, looking about twelve or eleven. "You both are very beautiful." The women said, before smiling sweetly. I gulped, not knowing how to react exactly. The little girl showed no expression as she looked at me, and she smiled slightly at me, her light green eyes sparkling slightly underneath her dark black bangs that covered her eyes. "Thank you." I whispered, my voice coming out alot more softer then usual. Rylee stood up from her bed, before sitting down beside me, making it squeak loudly from underneath me. I gave her a slight nod, making her sigh softly, before looking at me. "What are your names?" Another voice asked, before foot steps followed. The man was wearing a black tux, making us both feel slightly worried. He had dark black hair, and it was slicked back. "Rylee and Elana." Rylee said, speaking up slightly. The little girl looked at her before beaming with admiration. The lady stood up, whipping the dust off of her dress. "What are you looking at, you little brat?!" The mother boomed suddenly, making the little girl go wide eyed. She shoved her daughter hard, making her stumble backwards. I watched in pure horror as the mother lifted her hand up, before racing it towards the little girl hand. There was the echoing sound of the sickening sound of her hand meeting her daughters face. The girls head jerked to the side, and she stood there and let her head hang down, clear tears streaming down her face slowly. I leaped in front of her protectively, just as the women raised her hand. 

                              "Move." She growled, her eyes narrowed into slits. The little girl whipped away her tears violently, before looking at me sadly. "You had no right to hit her." I snapped, before I could feel everyones gaze gradually rest on me. The women snickered and made a face in disguist. "Why would you care? You don't even know this little girl." The women laughed evilly, before stepping foreword to step around me. I glared at her through the corner of my eye, before raising my hand and doing it right back to the women. A pure stinging sensation surged through my hand, and I clenched my teeth in pain. The lady screamed before stumbling backwards, in a attempt to catch herself. She landed clumsily, making everyone gasp as she landed with a loud thud. I looked back at the little girl before smiling. She looked slightly amazed, and she smiled before lunging herself into my arms. Rylee patted me on my shoulder, before smirking. "You are such a trouble maker." She scolded playfully. "Keep the brat! She's going up for adoption!" The women yowled, as her husband tried comforting her. The little girl gasped, before going wide eyed. She watched her parents shout at everyone as they walked out of the room. The little girl stood there, but she didn't follow. She took two steps foreword before crying softly, not saying anything. "Rylee, let's leave." I said softly, not looking at her. She was quiet, and she pumped her fist in the air of a triumphant gesture. I looked up and jumped with surprise as I realized that the little girl was facing us. "I'm coming." She said in a quick whisper, making me blink. "You can't come."

                                      Rylee's POV: "Elana, are you awake?" I whispered, peering straight ahead in the dark. It was late at night, and nothing stirred. I listened to the steady breathing of the people that barely stirred around us. I struggled to let my eyes adjust to the darkness, but it barely worked. The windows alined between every bed was open, letting the bright moonlight drift in slightly, making shadows dance everywhere. There was the squeak of the bed, and I heard a soft reply from my sister. She looked at me, before giving a curt nod. "Were still sneaking out, right?" She asked softly, making me nod curtly. We both walked soflty on the creaky woonden floor board, and I struggled to keep my feet light. "Wait." A voice said gentle, making us all look over. The same little girl walked towards us, stepping lightly and glancing at the endless kids that was still sleeping slightly. "What are you doing?" I hissed, struggling to keep my voice down. She stopped in front of us before glaring through he black bangs. "Because I have a right. I don't want to stay here...And I want to go with you guys. No one has ever defended me like that." She explained, looking at us, her gaze softening. I took a deep breath, before shutting my eyes in slight annoyance. "Fine, but be quiet." I said before taking the lead. I looked around to find a way out, but the little girl ran ahead of me. She stopped in front of a open window, before leaping up, her body slamming against the side. I clenched my teeth as I watched her. She hung half way out of the window, her feet only inside. A second later, she disappeared outside. I ran foreword. 

                                  I peared outside of the window, before looking straight down. She was standing there, the ground not to far down. The silver moonlight seemed to make her creamy skin glow and she waved her arms signaling for us to hurry. "You go first." Elana said softly, before shoving me towards the window. I took a deep breath and looked at the empty beds from beside me. I grabbed the window ceil, my feet slipping along the smooth wall. I struggled to pull myself up, and I hung slightly out. I screamed as I lunged towards the ground at full speed, the wind blowing through my hair. I grunted as I landed on the ground with a loud thud, making me groan. The little girl helped me up, and she looked at me worriedly. A second later, Elana appeared, sitting on the window ceil and leaning foreword. We both went wide eyed as the lights flashed on from behind her. "Hey!" A women shouted, and Elana went wide eyed in horror. "Jump!" I shouted urgingly. She leaped out, before crashing on the ground on her feet. Without thinking, we all bolted off. I looked straight ahead, the short bright green grass springy under my feet. "The woods!" The little girl panted from beside me. I didn't dare look over my shoulder as we ran, and I felt like my lungs were going to burst. I glanced back to make sure that they both were right there with me. I skirted to a halt in front of the looming woods, that didn't have any signs of light in it. Elana shoved me foreword, making me duck down and creep foreword. I winced as twigs and branches poked my whole body, and I struggled to see. "Are they coming?" I asked demandingly. 

                                   They both shook their heads, and I looked around sharply as the woods thinned out. We were in the middle, and the faint moonlight streamed down on the woods floor. Shadows loomed everywhere, and I felt way more paranoid then ever. "Stay close." I warned, before creeping foreword. I jumped and stopped as there was the sound of voices around us. "Well Well..." A voice growled, making me tense up. A shadow creeped towards us, and a man appeared in front of us. He was wearing a black cloke, and he had black spiky hair. His left eye was missing and left with a huge whole, with claws marks from some huge animal across it. Other people was standing behind him, looking like shadows. "Who are you?" Elana asked, her voice sounding very calm. The little girl hid behind Elana, before ducking down slightly. The man crept foreword, his dark brown almost black eyes gleaming. "We are nothing more then people that just want to help you." He cooed, before stepping foreword. I gasped as he lunged foreword sharply, grabbing me by my neck. I went wide eyed, and pain bursted through my whole body. My first instinct was to reach for his hands that was clamped around my neck. He shoved me hard against a tree before glaring at me. I glanced over to see the same thing happening to the little girl and my sister. His eye glared a dark red color, and he smirked slowly, making my heart stop. "Help you end this all. You think your so powerful, don't you goddess?" He growled, revealing his sharp teeth that looked like fangs. I went wide eyed, feeling tears form in my eyes. Help me! 

                                     I went wide eyed as there was the sound of low growling. I looked past the man to see bright red glowing eyes all around them. A second later, a huge black creature leaped out of the woods. I screamed as it tackled the man. I dropped the ground, feeling the air seep back into my lungs once more. I went wide eyed as I realized what it was. It was a huge black wolf... It tackled the man before throwing him in the air and clamping it's huge teeth around it. More huge wolves appeared, attacking the vampire like creatures. I stared in horror at the bloody sight. People screamed in pain, and the black wolf slowly walked foreword with the lead mans head dangling from it's mouth. In a matter of seconds they were all dead. I stood there rigidly, still pressed against the tree. The wolves huddled together, before slowly looking over at us. They were way bigger then other wolves, and their claws were as thick as a tigers. I gasped as a second later, the wolves slowly shrank, and as quick as a blink of a eye, they turned into humans. Boys stood in front of us. I gasped, feeling my mouth drop open in pure horror. "W-Who are you?" Elana stammered, paler then usual. The boy that was once the black one with slight red in his fur smirked, before slowly the blood off his face. "I'm Kai." He whispered gentle, flipping his jet black bangs. The other boys observed us slowly. "Are you sure this is them?" Another boy asked with silver hair. I looked at my sister before going wide eyed. A handsome boy with caramel hair creeped foreword, before looking at me intensely, his eyes like fire. "Who are you?" 

                              Little Girl's POV: I continued to hide behind them. "I'm Rylee and That's my sister Elana." Rylee explained, holding their gazes calmly. I gulped and looked at all of the angry looking boys. "Who is this little girl?" A boy with shorter black hair, and slightly flippy bangs questioned. I shrank back, and slowly backed away from them slowly. Another boy with light brown hair and slightly flippy bangs smiled at me sweetly, making me relax slightly. "What's your name?" He asked sweetly. I gulped before looking down at the dirt covered ground. "I...Don't have a name..." I whispered, avoiding the hostile looks. Even Elana and Rylee looked slightly surprised. Kai glared at me before giving a disbelieving laugh. "That's stupid, she must have a name." He said before glaring at me through his jet black bangs. The leader shot him a warning glare before looking at the silver haired boy who smiled slightly. "Were taking them to the pack." He said before looking at everyone. "Were not going anywere..." Elana said before looking at them, with slight fear. Kai lunged towards her like lightning, before pressing the silver blade against . "You are doing what we tell you to do... I can easily kill you right here if I want to." He growled, shoving her against the thick tree. "Kai, Control yourself." The lead boy said, glaring intensely at him. Kai glared but let Elana go. With that said, they all shoved us ahead of them. "What's going to happen?" I asked gentle, walking beside Rylee and Elana. "I really don't know. But were going to be okay." Elana said gentle, resting her hand on my trembling shoulder. 

                                  We all walked in silence and deeper in the woods. "If you shoved me once more time, I'm going to hit you." Elana snapped, before looking over her shoulder at the boy named Kai. He snickered before glaring intensely at her once more. "Do it Princess, I'm not afraid to kill you." He snapped angerily. "Kai, stopped messing with her." The leader growled, making Kai roll his eyes and look away. A second later, I could make out a lake gleaming brightly futher away as the woods stretched out into a huge field with long grass. I stuck close to the boys as there was the sound of low growling. "Who are these people?" A voice boomed from in front of us. A man was standing on a huge gray rock that towered over everyone. He had dark gray/blonde hair and scars all over his face. He was super tall and buff, and he was blind in one eye. "We have brought them. We think they are the goddesses." The leader mumbled, stepping foreword. I looked around as dark clumps moved around, and a second later I realized it was wolves. They snarled and growled as I made eye contact. "I think there has been a mistake..." Elana whispered, backing away slowly. Syno, the leader stepped towards her and glared intensely. "They don't know? They look like normal humans to me!" He shouted before glaring sharply at everyone else. The boys exchanged looks,but before any of them could answer, the leader leapedd towards them, turning into a huge pure white wolf. I gasped and hid behind Rylee and Elana. He swatted at the boys, making them fly in different directions. I gasped in pure shock. Oh god... 

                                 They all slowly stood up, some of them limping or bleeding heavily. "Stop!" Elana shouted, as he snarled and crept foreword to do it once more. I went wide eyed as fire surged around her, and her eyes glowed a bright red color. Syno went wide eyed as he flew backwards, smashing into the huge rock. All the wolves looked at her, before slowly growling threatingly. Rylee looked at her sister in pure horror, before stepping away slowly. The boys looked at her expressionlessly, before nodding slowly. Syno looked at us all, before growling at us before looking at the boys. "Make sure you keep them by your side." He warned before looking at us. Before we could say anything else, there was the sound of a screeching/human scream. All of the wolves tensed up sharply, before looking at each other. "Get them out of here." Syno growled, making the boys tense up. "What about you?" The lead boy with caramel hair said softly, looking at the pack leader worriedly. He leaped down before snapping at him, making him jump away. "Just go! It's Zeri's!" He yowled before racing foreword, with the pack at his side. "Come on, Princess." Kai said before running towards her and turning into a black wolf. He grabbed her by the back of her shirt before flinging her on his back. I screamed as a huge gray and white wolf did the same thing to me. "Calm down, it's just me." The boy said in my head, and I sighed with slight relief. We alll ran foreword, and the dirt kicked up underneath the boy's feet. Rylee was riding on the back of a dark black/bluish wolf, looking fearless. "Sehun, watch her." He said. 

                               The leader snarled, as they ran beside each other, and Rylee smiled at me slightly. Kai was racing ahead of everyone, and I went wide eyed as the same screaching echoed around us. I shrunk down and dug my hands into Sehun's gray and white fur. Their was grayish white creatures in the trees with blood smeared on their human like flesh, and they hard huge black eyes that looked like huge holes. They roared loudly, and they had huge thin black wings, and huge claws that jutted out of their feet like a animal. Kai snarled before leaping up and grabbing one in mid air before it could leap on him. He smashed his huge paw down on the creatures face before throwing it in the air and snapping it in half with his huge teeth. "Disguisting!" Elana screamed, whipping the blood off her pale face. I felt us all gradually begin to slow down. The roaring seeemed to stop, and the only thing that echoed around us was the sound of crickets. "What about the pack?" A huge wolf with different colors in his fur asked softly, his ears pulled back in slight worry. "Xiumin's right, we should check on them." The black/ blusish wolf said slowly. Kai turned around, before tensing up to race off. "Kai, you know what Syno said." The leader growled, his ears drown back and his teeth sticking out. "I don't care. Come on princess." Kai said before looking up at Elana. The lead boy howled his name, but Kai ignored it with a slight growl. "Sehun, go after him." He said. I looked down at my wolf, and he snorted, before rolling his dark brown eyes. He raced off, making the summer air blow through my hair once more. "Hold on, Kid." 

                                    Elana's POV: I looked around, making sure to keep a firm grip on Kai. I went wide eyed as I realized that it was super quiet. Kai stopped, before tensing up. He had his head down for a moment, and I followed his gaze. There was a motionless wolf laying in front of him. It's throat was torn out, and it's eyes was wide with horror, and it's brown fur was covered in blood. "Do you think their dead?" I whispered, feeling slightly scared. He glared at me in the corner of his eye before snarling, but didn't say anything else. I screamed as he jerked his body so that I slid off of him. I landed with a painful thud, making my whole body go numb with pain. He towered above me, and he slowly looked around. He titled his head back and let out a loud howl that echoed around us. Once he was done, he looked around and slowly turned into a human. "Their dead." He replied after a long pause. I opened my mouth to say something, to only be cut off as there was the sound of screeching. "Do what I say, and don't get any Idea's." He growled at me, making me nod obiedently. The same ugly creatures crept towards us slowly. He tensed up and slowly pulled out a silver blade that curved slightly. It had a red outline on it, and it was almost as big as him. A ugly creature leaped towards him, before roaring, it's claws stretched out. Kai ran foreword, before holding his sword straight up. It landed directly on it, and he flung it off violently. I gasped loudly, as more appeared. He ran foreword fearlessly, not a care in the world. He ducked as one leaped over him, and he spun around sharply, facing it. He slashed it in half. 

                            Both sides of the creatures flugn over him. He tensed up and waited for more to come. He spun around sharply as two came at him from both sides, making him leap up in the air. He did a perfect back flip, avoding their sharp claws. He stabbed his sword through both of them, making them both die and stay on his sword. He stopped, and panted heavily. Blood was everywhere, and so was the monsters body parts. I slowly avoided the bloody puddles and the motionless monsters that layed on the ground. "Ka-" I began, gentle touching his shoulder. He spun around sharply, pointing the huge bloody blade at me. "Wow! What happened here?" A voice asked in pure shock. I looked over to see the little girl and Sehun walking towards us. "Zeri's killed the pack." Kai explained, before puting his sword away. He grunted and held his shoulder, and I gasped. Blood oozed between his fingers, and he breathed in sharply. I reached my hand out, to only have him glare at me, his eyes glowing red once more. "Don't touch me." He snarled. I looked over as the rest slowly appeared, and I sighed before slowly backing away. He saved me... "I can't believe the packs actually dead." The boy with dark black hair said softly. They all were quiet, and I could see the remains of the wolves that were here a little while ago. "I'm sorry that you are dragged into this mess." Kris, the pack leader mumbled. I sighed and looked at my sister and the girl. I listened as they all finally introduced themselves. "Why are you guys trying to protect us?" Rylee asked softly, sounding more scared then ever. Kris smiled slowly.

                                       "We are supposed to protect you." He said before stepping foreword. Before I could say anything else, they all surrounded us slowly. "You both have some type of special power." He said slowly, making us all freeze. Me and Rylee? I gulped remembering what I just did a while ago. I didn't know what that was...I had no idea I could do that. "Everything will gradually make sense." Sehun mumbled slowly, as he smiled slightly at us. The others exchanged looks and I looked at Kai worriedly. He ripped his black shirt before mumbling to himself. I should really thank him for protecting me back there, even if he had to. I sighed before standing in front of him. He glared at me through his jet black bangs. "Thanks for-" I began, but he glared at me sharply before raising a black gun straight up in front of me. I gulped as he pointed it directly at me. "Let's get something straight...Were not friends. So stop trying to be my friend. The only reason I protected you was because I had to." He said coldly, making me take a step away. He slowly walked off, before talking softly to Tao who snickered back at me. I stood there and sighed, feeling slightly helpless. "Don't let him get to you." A voice said kindly to me, making me look over. Xiumin was smiling sweetly at me, and the way he smile made me feel al little bit better. "Why does he hate me so much?" I asked gentle, making him chuckle softly. "Kai's bark is worse then his bite. He's just the more harder brother to get along with." He explained, before resting his hand on my shoulder. I sighed and looked at them all slowly, they are kind. 

                           We all stopped, and I looked at Kris and Sehun. They both were sitting down, another field straight ahead of us. "Were going to rest her tonight and figure out what's going to happen tomorrow." He said before looking at all of us. We all nodded in agreement, and I sighed before laying down on the long grass that made me feel itchy. A huge tree stretched out above us, and it branched off in multiple directions. "Who's taking first watch?" Kris asked as we all sat down in different spots. "Me." Kai said before glaring at me as I opened my mouth to volunteer. I glared at him as he walked past me, and he did the same right back. "Kai, I am puting you in charge of watching over Elana." Kris commented, seeing our hostility. "What?!" We both blurted out at the same time, making him smirk slightly. "There's no way I'm taking care of princess." He growled, before glaring. Kris raised a eyebrow before shaking his head. "You did a pretty good job protecting her earlier. She's your responsablity now." He said before shooting him a glare that he shouldn't agrue back. He mumbled under his breath before climbing up the huge tree. "That's a bummer." Luhan said before laying down next to Xiumin. I looked at Tao that smirked and layed down beside me. "I'm watching you, human." He growled before rolling over and closing his eyes. I looked at the star covered sky, before closing my eyes. Please....Just let this all get better. I am so scared now, I don't even know what to do anymore. Should I stay or should I go? I sighed and rolled over, facing my sister who was scooted closer to me. It's going to be okay.