The Haunted Past

Bloody Secrets And Scars

 Elana's POV: "Everyone, wake up." A voice said harshly from above me. I slowly groaned, feeling like I haven't slept in ages. I opened one eye to see blurry shapes begin to stirr around me. "That means you to, princess." A harsh and deep voice said. I slowly sat up, before rubbing my barely open eyes. I sighed, remembering what happened yesterday. I guess it seriously wasn't a dream. "Everyone stick together, It's better to head out now." Kris said before stretching his arms over his head. I looked at Kai who automatically walked over to me. "Come on. I'm not letting you out of my sight." He growled in my ear, his black bangs covering his eyes slightly. I sighed before looking back at him. "You don't have to watch me like I'm so prisoner." I snapped, feeling more angry by the second. "You might as well be. One wrong move and I will freaking kill you." He growled, and I felt the blade dig into my back. I snickered, before flipping my bangs out of my eyes. "Wow, your actually scared of me it sounds like." I said before looking straight ahead. I grunted as he grabbed my arm violently, before making me face him. He pointed the silver blade to my throat. "I am not scared of you." He growled, his light blue eyes like fire. "Calm down Kai." Tao laughed, looking over at us. Anger management much? I looked at Rylee and my other sister talking to each other softly. Luhan and Sehun was both watching them, talking casually. "Where are we going exactly?" Xiumin asked Kris softly. Yeah... I really wonder why were going through the woods like this. "I'm not sure yet. But were supposed to find some type of person that can show us were to go." He explained. Wow, so this must a very important mission for them...To venture far like this. But for what? Everyone looked interested as well.

                                 "Didn't Syno say it was across the river or something like that?" Sehun questioned, looking slightly confused. I'm still not to sure about everything that is going on right now. I know that me and my sister...Have powers. But I would never guess that'd it be something important. I looked at the boys that was guarding as like soldiers, talking softly to each other. "So, some type of Angel...?" Rylee asked, making me jerk back to reality. They all nodded before shrugging slightly, as if they were still trying to figure it out. "I hate angels. They think their so great." Kai growled, before looking at Tao that was walking beside him. He really pisses me off. "Can you stop shoving me?" I growled, before looking back at him. He smirked slightly, before exchanging a michevious look with Tao. "Your not the boss of me. And it's not my fault your going so slow." He said before rolling his eyes. I grinded my teeth together, and struggled to ignore him. I grunted as I felt somebody step on the back of my shoes, making me stumble foreword. "Stop it!" I shouted, spinning around. He raised a eyebrow before mimicking me. Kris looked over his shoulder before stopping, making everyone bump into him. "Kai, stop picking on her." He scolded. He sighed before looking at Tao, as if they was talking to each other through their minds. "Shh...Did you hear that?" Luhan asked, holding his arm out to make everyone stop inches away from it. "I hear rain." Kai said after a moment of silence. I jumped as one of the cold droplets landed on my shoulder, making me look over. Everyone grumbled at the sudden weather change.

                                 I sighed as I felt my feet slip on the mud from underneath my feet. The rain got heavier, and I felt my long hair began to get matted to my fore head. I can't believe this.. "How about we all venture off and look around?" I suggested, feeling slightly worried about something about to leap out at any moment. "Good thinking." Kris said before nodding slowly. Everyone looked at each other, as if sudden thoughts was running through their heads. "Wait, we can't trust her." Kai said before standing directly in front of me. He sighed before running his hands through his caramel hair. "True, so that's why your going with her." He said before looking at us both with a slight smirk. "What?!" We both blurted out at the same time. Doesn't he see how mean he is to me? "Just go." Kris said before shaking his head. Kai glared at me before sighing, and shoving me in front of him. We both walked ahead of everyone, and I felt everyones gaze burn into me intensely. "Are you freaking stupid? Since Kris is generous, he's letting you get some slack...That's why were going along with this stupid plan." He said angerily from behind me. I rollled my eyes, before sighing exaggeratedly. "I never asked for you to come with me." I grumbled before looking over my shoulder at me. We both ducked under low hanging branches, and I let my hand scrape against the damp bark of the trees as we passed them. "Shh..." I said before looking around. He glared at me before snickering. "Are you trying to have me freaking kill you?" He snapped. I slapped my hand over his mouth irratatedly, pointing to a motionless body ahead of us. 

                                           He stopped talking and dropped his intense glare, before looking straight foreword at the motionless body. It looked like it was torn apart by something...Some type of animals. He slowly walked towards it, being extra cautious. The persons throat was torn out, making blood spill out on the grass and plants underneath it. It had huge claw marks raked across it's whole body. "This is deffinately a-" He began to only be cut off by a huge roar. He went wide eyed, and slight horror flashed in his light blue eyes. A second later, a huge black panther creaped around a tree, glaring at us. He had smoldering green eyes and huge claws that jutted out. Kai tensed up, and he gave me a look to stay were I was. Before I could say anything else, Kai leaped in the air towards it, turning into his black wolf in mid air. He crashed into the huge black panther, making them both fly backwards. I watched them both wiggle widely on the ground. Kai dug his huge wolf fangs into the panthers side, making it screech loudly. I went wide eyed as it swatted it's huge paw at him. Kai yelped loudly before flying backwards and crashing into a tree. I got to do something! Kai shook his head, making blood droplets splatter everywhere. He leaped towards it one more, clamping down on the panthers neck and scraping his huge claws in it's skin. The panther tried shaking him off, but couldn't. Without thinking, I looked around widely. A gun! I leaped for it, grunting as I hit the ground. I went wide eyed as Kai flew backwards once more, hittitng the ground. The panther roared before leaping over him, pinning him down. 

                          Rylee's POV: "Aren't you worried about Elana?" The little girl asked softly from beside me. I looked at her before sighing heavily. "Of course I am." I mumbled flatly. I went wide eyed as there was the sound of a gun firing from further ahead. Everyone looked at each other before dashing foreword quickly. I felt millions of thoughts go through my head at once, making my blood turn cold. I dashed foreword, passing everyone, ignoring them as they tried warning me to slow down. I skirted to a halt as I saw a bloody scene that stretched ahead of us. Everyone was quiet, and I slowly stepped foreword with everyone following more cautiously from behind me. "Rylee?" A voice whispered, making me spin around. Elana was leaned up against a tree, a black gun in her hand. I went wide eyed before knealing down to her. I didn't see any wounds on her, but she looked super shaken up. "Kai?" Tao shouted, looking around widely. There was no reply, and I felt my heart stop inside my chest. "I'm here." A voice choked out softly, and I looked over to see Kai slowly limping towards us. He was in human form, and blood was smeared all over him. "What happened?" Xiumin asked softly, before observing him. Kai held his side, and grunted as he took a deep breaths. "We have a serious problem..." He whispered softly, sounding slightly scared. Everyone looked at him, and didn't say anything as he scanned everyones faces. "What?" I asked.  He snickered, giving a half smile. "Panthers." He said softly, before leaning against a tree. Panthers? Are they dangerous then what they are? I gulped slowly. 

                                     "Me and Kai was both attacked." Elana said, slowly standing up. Everyone looked at them both, as they glanced at each other. "I was afraid Kai tried killing you and you attacked him." Luhan said, giving a shaky laugh, placing a hand over his heart. I laughed slightly, agreeing with him as well. "So, did she save you?" Tao asked, looking at her with slight amusement. She looked down at the black gun that was clenched tightly in her hand, before akwardly dropping it and standing up. "Wow, she did!" Xiumin laughed, before pointing. Kai snickered before whipping blood off his lip. "I owe her nothing. Don't think were friends or anything." He growled before slowly stalking off. Everyone followed him before whispering to each other softly. I looked over my shoulder at my sister before smiling slightly. "That was pretty brave." I said before wrapping my arm around her shoulder. She just forced a smile before shrugging like it was nothing at all. We all winced as the the rain splattered on our faces, and I took a deep breath, not knowing exactly were we was going. "Rylee..." The voice of my sister said softly, my sister said softly, making me turn around. I tilted my head at her, not knowing exactly what she was going to say. Everyone else stopped, and looked back at us. She had tears in her eyes, and she was clenching something tightly in her hand. I went wide eyed before looking at it. It was a silver cross necklace, with diamonds.  I held the cold and smooth jewerly, remembering that our mother used to wear it. "Are you guys okay?" Luhan asked from further away. I bit my bottom lip slowly. 

                                               They all walked towards us, before looking at us worriedly. Before any of us could say anything else, I went wide eyed as there was the sound of people screaming/screeching. I gulped slowly before looking at my sister then to the boys. I looked over and went wide eyed as I saw something running straight at us. Before I could have any chance to react, I was tackled by the creature. I crashed on the ground with a loud thud. I opened my eyes to see a middle aged women with long black hair, with bright red eyes, and teeth that jutted out of . Warm blood trickled onto my skin, and I struggled to push her off. She screamed loudly in my face, muting everything around me. I screamed as I felt her huge claws dug into my shoulders, and I felt the warm blood ooze out onto my skin. I sighed with pure relief as the weight disappeared, and I could see Kris pulling her off of me. I sat straight up and went wide eyed as she was shot throught the head violently, cutting off her roaring. She dropped to her knees in front of Kai who hade his gun pointing at her. Not a single expression was spread on his face. I stood there rigidily, feeling the world around me start to fade. The only sound was the sound of the raining druming on us. "That was mom." I said breaking the silence. I heard Elana gasped as if she was in pain, and I didn't dare to look at her. The boys looked at us with mixed emotions showing on their faces. "Come on, let's try and find some where else to shelter at." Kris said, reaching his hand out to me. I looked up at him, feeling warm tears roll down my cheeks. "Ok." I said.

                                     I looked at Kai who was taking the lead, all of his weapons still covered in blood. He sure doesn't show emotion. The little girl beside me looked at me before looking down. "I'm sorry that happened in front of you." She apologized. I closed my eyes but didn't say anything except give her a small nod. I looked at everyone as they came to a sudden halt. "You got to be kidding me!" Kai shouted angerily, making it echo around us. I ran foreword and struggled to look over everyone. There was a clearing, and rocks jutted out everywhere from in front of us. A thick and powerful river roared in front of us, destroying everything in it's sight. "I...Don't do good with rivers." Luhan whispered, looking at everyone slowly. We all sighed, struggling to think what we could do. I know Elana can't swim at all, and I can hardly swim either. Kai walked foreword, stepping over the pointy rocks. "What are we going to do?" Xiumin whispered, looking at Luhan who trembled beside him. Kris bit his bottom lip before shaking his head slowly in slight fusteration. I looked over my shoulder as the sounds of twigs snapping greeted us. I went wide eyed as two red cat eyes glowed brightly in the shadows of the trees before slowly creeping foreword. "Great..." Elana whispered, before backing away slowly. I felt my heart stopped as alot more appeared, but they didn't do anything. They just watched us, with a lust in their eyes and their claws flexing in then out. I took a depe breath and prepared to fight, but stopped when a human slowly walked foreword. He had short, messy black hair and bright blue eyes. "Dad.." I whispered. 

                                    Kai's POV: I tensed up and glanced over at Rylee. What? That's her father? I clenched the gun in my hand, not knowing exactly what to do. The man walked closer to us, and I held his threatening glare. Elana looked at her father longingly, with tears in her eyes. "We thought you was dead..." She said, her voice filled with different emotions. The man smirked, revealing sharp pointy teeth. "No...In fact, I feel alive." He said, before his appearance completely changed. His human looking face twisted and looked deformed. His skin fell off, to be replaced by black, flesh rotting skin. He screached loudly, making the panthers leaped foreword. I grunted as one tackled me, making me smack into the pointy and sharp rocks. I turned my head and struggled to keep the huge panther off of, and I could feel the warm drool splash on my face. I looked into the piercing bright red cat eyes, without a trace of fear inside of me. I took a deep breath before kicking him off of me. It slid backwards before racing towards me once more. I jumped in the air, before landing on it, making it move widely from underneath me. I grunted and pulled out my huge sword before shoving it straight through it's chest. It made a high pitched cry, before stumbling foreword. I flipped over in mid air before yanking the sword out and slicing it's head off. It's head fell off, making blood spray all over my face. I looked at everyone else, that was fighting violantly beside me. "Let me go!" Elana cried, making me look over in pure alarm. She wiggled lightly, her father keeping a tight grip on her. I went wide eyed as he shoved her off. !

                                    Without thinking, I ran towards the edge, before leaping off. I heard everyone scream my name before I disappeared underneath the black water. I was engulfed in the cold and dark black water, and I struggled to keep myself above the water. I went wide eyed as a huge wave crashed down on me, making me go under once more. I did flips and weird turns from the current as the water pulled me down stream. I shot up above the water, taking a huge gulp of air. "Elana!" I shouted, before I was pushed back underwater, and salt water filling my mouth. I struggled to swim, but I began to fill my body grow weak. Got to save her... Nobody told me being her guardian would be this hard... She should have known better then to trust him. But..I owe her, she saved me earlier. I blinked the water out of my eyes and I could see her further ahead of me, not moving at all. I swam madly towards her, making the current harder to swim against. I reached out to her, before grabbing her hand. I pulled her towards me before struggling to keep a firm grip on her limp body. She wasn't breathing, and her skin felt ice cold. Great. "Kai!" A voice yelled, over the pounding of the water in my ears. I shot back up, my black bangs sticking to my forehead. I could see my brothers running along the rocks, watching us in dismay. "Swim this way!" Kris shouted, making me panick slightly. I grabbed Elana and wrapped her arms around my neck before swimming towards the edge. I sighed with relief as I could feel the rocks under my hand. I pushed her onto land first before Tao and Xiumin pulled me out as well. 

                          "Is she breathing?" Rylee asked, running over to us. I took a deep breath, feeling my body tremble from exhaustion. Luhan knelt down in front of her, before leaning foreword, angling his ear above her face. He went wide eyed before shaking his head. "We got to do something!" Sehun exploded, looking at us all in pure fear. I sighed, before rolling my eyes. "Do I have to do everything?" I asked through clenched teeth. I leaned over her, before leaning down and pressing my lips firmly against hers, feeling my jet black bangs dangle in my face. "Why is he kissing her?" The little girl whispered, sounding peer shocked. I breathed air into her life, before plugging her nose. I hope this works... I opened my eyes as she fidgeted from beneath me. I scooted away and she sat straight up before puking, getting the water out of her lungs. I sighed and watched her, before looking at the orange and pink sunset as it slowly began to go down. She trembled, and she looked at all of us slowly. "Kai kissed you!" The little girl blurted out, making me shoot a glare at her. "It's not like I wanted to. It's her fault she drowned." I said in pure annoyance. She looked at me before giving a small and greatful smile. "Come on, let's get some rest." Kris said before gentle resting his hand on my wet shoulder. My whole body ached, and I longed to just lay down and sleep. We all walked further through the dead silent woods, and I glanced over my shoulder at Elana who kept glancing at me. "Look, forget about earlier. That doesn't mean were friends or anything. I saved you because I have to." I snapped sharply at her. 

                            People always piss me off so easily. "Dude, you should really consider being nicer to her." Xiumin said, making me jump. I glared at him, making him smile slightly at me. "She doesn't deserve it. She almost got everyone killed." I growled feeling my annoyance rise. He sighed, before looking back at her as she walked all alone. "Just...Think about it. You guys are alot alike, if you think about it." He said before smiling. I stared at him expressionless before he walked foreword once more. I looked at the sky that was starting to darken rather quickly, and I sighed heavily. Me and her are nothing alike. "Somebodies stressing." Tao said making me look up. He smirked at me, before resting his arm on my shoulder. "I just think this whole thing is pointless." I mumbled flatly, speaking my mind.He shrugged before smirking at me once more. "Who knows. I thought you was thinking about that kiss earlier." He joked, making me shove him violently. That was the most worst thing ever! "She's not even my type!" I shouted angerily. He just winked at me before patting my shoulder and taking the lead. Kris stopped and stretched  making everyone mumble in relief. We was in the middle of the woods, perfectly sheltered. Huge trees emerged around us, and I cracked my knuckles. Everyone was already starting to lay down, getting settled. "Kai, do you want to take the first shift?" Kris asked as he watched everyone. I nodded before leaping in the tree. I climbed higher, before settling down on a thick and smooth branch. The only thing that matters, is keeping my brothers safe. I don't what I'd do if I ever lost them. 

                                   The Little Girls POV: "What are you still doing up?" A voice asked softly. I looked up to see Kai looking down at me. I sighed, looking straight up at the dark black sky. The light bright stars barely gleamed brightly in the sky, and I felt soothed by the scenery. Everyone else was asleep around me, and I looked at him and struggled to remain quiet. He scares me... "If your up, you might as well take the shift with me." He said before rolling his light blue eyes. I smiled, feeling slightly important. I began to climb the huge and thick tree, my feet sliding slightly. He was sitting on one of the thick branches, his weapons resting beside me. I akwardly balanced as I walked towards him. I sat beside him, before looking at the sky once more, feeling closer to the stars. "So, you really don't have a name?" He asked, breaking the akward silence. I closed my eyes before tucking my knees in towards my chest. "No. My parents never named me, they never even wanted me." I choked out, feeling tears threaten to over flow my eyes. "Aleigh." He said suddenly, making me look over. I blinked at him in confusion, afraid why he just said that name. "That's your name." He said, looking straight ahead. Aleigh...I looked at him before smiling, feeling tears of joy surge through me. I looked at him before hugging his arm. He jumped before akwardly looking down at me. "Thanks Kai." I whispered, pressing my face against his arms. "Uh...Sure." He said akwardly, before akwardly pulling his arm away from me. We both silent once more, and I couldn't help but keep glancing at him. He's really different. "Yes?"

                                 He growled, rolling his eyes and looking at me. "I just feel bad for you...Having to look after your friends like that." I said, speaking my mind. He looked at me before his expression softened for a moment. "Their my brothers." He whispered, making me strain to hear him. Brothers? No wonder he's always trying to make them happy and protect them. "I think...Your my favorite." I said, before smiling at him. He glanced at me, before slowly giving me a barely visible half smile. "Your not bad either." He mumbled before looking foreword once more. We both jumped as their was a growling and roaring sound in the distance. "Shh..." He said before standing straight up, and balancing on the thick branch. I obeyed and bit my tongue, struggling not to make any noise. "I'm going to check it. You stay here with everyone, ok?" He demanded, his old personality crawling to him. I shook my head and blocked him, holding my arms out. "I'm going with you." I said making him glare. "It's to dangerous. I can't let some kid come with me." He growled, before rolling his eyes. I'm not scared. For once, I feel like I belong some where, I feel like I was made to be around these people. He leaped out of the tree, and I heard him land with a soft thud. A second later, I did the same thing. I grunted loudly as I landed. "What are you guys doing?" Elana whispered, making Kai stop in his tracks. He sighed, before rubbing his head for a second. "Nothing." He growled, before clenching his teeth. We all froze as there was the faint roaring sound once more, and we all gasped. Elana leaped to her feet before running. 

                                            "Wait!" Kai shouted, before running after her. I went wide eyed and dashed after them. Kai was struggling to keep up with Elana as she ran, and I held my hands out in front of me to see where I was going exactly. I listened to the sound of Kai's footsteps in front of me, and I struggled to see with the faint moonlight that was provided. Elana stopped suddenly, making Kai do the same thing. I walked over to them, breathing heavily. "Are you stupid?" Kai shouted angerily at her. She jerked away before glaring at him through her dark brown bangs. "I was wanting to figure out what it was." She argued, before glaring heavily at each other. "That's why you always get hurt. Your reckless, and I'm tired of saving you." Kai snapped, his eyes like fire. I opened my mouth to speak, only for Elana to stop foreword. "I don't need your help. Your such a jerk..." She said, her true sad expression showing. Kai looked at her before snickering, before looking around. "Well, I don't even know why you came with me. Your just going to get in my way." He growled before walking. She made a face in disbelief before walking with him. "I was only trying to help! Your going to get yourself killed...You need to let people help you." She scolded, struggling to keep up. "I don't need-" He began but to only be cut off as his feet flew up from underneath him. He jerked up wards, before dangling upside down. Elana's mouth dropped open before she bursted out laughing. "Get me down!" He shouted, trying to sit up and unwrap the rope from his ankle. Elana snickered before looking up at him from directly below him. "Nope." 

                                      He glared at her, struggling to get down. "Remember, you don't need help." She said flatly, before acting casual. He glared at her before looking at me. "Aleigh! Get me down." He said beggingly. I looked at him and blinked, and Elana shook her head and mouthed no. "See? I don't need-" She began before screaming loudly and flying back wards the same way he did. A second later, she was pressed against him, faces inches away from each other. I smirked, before giggling and flipping my black bangs. "See? You'd get yourself killed if it wasn't for me." Kai snickered, looking at her with pure hatred. "Whatever! Your the one who walked intot this stupid trap first." She growled, rolling her eyes. Wow, this is super amusing. Should I help them down, or let them work it out? "This is why I can't stand you." Kai snapped, making Elana glare back at him. "Whatever, mutt." She snapped. I rolled my eyes before slowly climbing the tree were they both were hanging upside down on. I carefully balanced on the thin branch, struggling not to fall. It bounced underneath me, making them move as well. I pulled out my pocket knife before slowly cutting the rope. "I'm more smarter then both of you." I said flatly, before the rope snapped and they plunged towards the ground. They both landed with a hard thud. I leaped down a second later before smirking at them. "Let's head back. I can't wait to brag about this." I said, feeling super amused.  They both walked after me, limping slightly while mumbling stuff at each other. Everyone else was still asleep back at camp, and me and Elana layed down.