Chapter 2

Betrayal comes from the blood

The younger doesn't answer but looks directly at his leader with a frown on his face. He shows his chops and growls. Alphas are astonished by this behaviour but they are even more offended when ChangSub quickly jumps on EunKwang, hiding his head in the crook of his neck and his fangs start to rip his skin while his nails leave deep marks on his arms. Luckily YoungWoon is an agile combatant and understands what ChangSub wanted to do. The young omega ends on his back on the floor, a strong alpha pushing his elbows and knees, roaring at his face. 

EunKwang takes few steps aback and looks at his pack member with round eyes. ChangSub struggles, growling and trying to get free. His face's still pale, his veins show under his skin and his eyes are red. He looks like he's haunted are crazy, he would never try to attack his alpha or any other superiors, his sense of hierarchy is as sharpened as other's one. His bones start to split, his limps twist, his face contorts and fur appears on his. YoungWoon quickly turns himself into his wolf form and attacks the other's jugular vein, stopping any action he's trying to do because he's strong enough to rip his skin, his organs and everything he wants to. He changes into his human form again and looks at all his friends.

"What?"

"You just killed someone from another pack YoungWoon." JungSu says on an authoritarian tone. This was forbidden, unless the other alpha agreed.

"It's... I think it's OK."

"Are you sure EunKwang?"

"Yes, it would have been me if he didn't. I... I read it in his eyes."

People start to gather in front of the kitchen, they are shocked when they see their friend, dying on the floor, gargles escaping from his throat. Some of them try to approach and help him but YiFan keeps them far from ChangSub yelling that he deserved what happened when he tried to hurt the leader of his pack. There are two ways to become an alpha, you're born this way, with natural authority, the genes to command everybody and submit them to you, or you can rip an alpha's head from his body and take his place. YiFan looks at JunMyeon with a provocative smile. It's what happened in their pack. 

JunMyeon had been trained by their father. He taught him how to behave with subordinates, to be tolerant with them and kind, he taught him that you can receive more with kindness than fear and he helped him training his skills. YiFan had been neglected by their father, he worked out on his own, he fought with omegas and betas, he focused on his strength to extend of winning over their father during a competition and killing him, releasing all his bitterness against him. The result of this was to give two leaders to the pack, two brothers extremely different and unwilling to work together.

YiXing manages to push everybody in order to enter the kitchen and his face contorts. He feels like he should do something, he's the healer but he can't do anything, YiFan and YoungWoon are even daring him to touch the traitor. JunMyeon's eyes meet YiXing's and he suddenly remembers something.

"Where is SungJong?"

"Don't know, certainly in his room. Why?"

"I saw him earlier and he seemed sick, like ChangSub."

"What do you believe?"

"Nothing, I just hope he will be fine."

EunKwang and another alpha take care of the unmoving corpse and solemnly bury it in the back garden. It would be a real lie to say that everybody went to live their lives as usual. Nobody dare to attack an alpha if he doesn't want to take his place and everybody knows EunKwang is a loved alpha, a respected alpha by his pack, ChangSub's attack doesn't make sense. All of them are anxious, it really is odd. All of them do what they want, JunMyeon goes back to his room and lies on his bed. 

His thoughts are interrupted when a slightly taller man enters. He has brown hair, deep eyes, thin lips and squared jaw line. The alpha looks at him and has a grin, he's always found him charming and elegant. Moreover, JongDae is a pleasant company. It only is a list of his personal qualities, he also is a strong wolf, not as strong as YiFan or YoungWoon but he knows how to fight, he is a real strategist. The beta sits next to him and caresses his forehead. Their relationship has always been special, they mated few times but it never ends in a fruitful way, thus they are really close to each other. 

"Myeon, are you all right?"

"Hum... I guess. At least I'm still alive."

"Babe, ChangSub was certainly mad. You don't have to worry about that."

"You're certainly right."

The alpha smiles at the other and JongDae presses his lips on the other's one.  They kiss slowly, the alpha tugging the other's hair. They part and JunMyeon looks at the beta. He knows his gaze, the younger is giving him his bed eyes, those telling he just wants to have .

" 'Dae, I already ed with MinSeok yesterday."

"It doesn't matter, it's time for you to widen the pack. And I know you want it too, you've never denied me the honour of spending the night with you." JunMyeon sighs and finally gives in. The other grins maliciously and bites the alpha's bottom lip. The leader of the pack growls and tangles his fingers in JongDae's hair.

"By the way JongDae, I might be your best friend, I'm still your leader. Don't babe me." The beta is about to reply but his words are stifled by the older's kiss. The latter quickly switches their position and ravishes his lips. Their clothes quickly end on the floor, their skin rub, they share their heat and release their . Having with JongDae is always so good and relieving. He groans when his partner starts riding him, his inner walls rubbing around his stiff member. They reach their and collapse on the mattress. JunMyeon feels all his tensions and anxiety leaving his body, the other giggles and nip his neck.

"We definitely should more often. Sometimes I even wonder if you know how to impregnate someone." He says with a laugh.

" you JongDae. So you don't believe the rumour about SeHun?"

"Which one? You just came once at the mansion with a baby boy in your arms."

"So you don't think he's my son."

"To be honest, I don't give a . He's a good guy, I don't care about who are his parents and I like you a lot. If he really is your cub, just great."

JongDae brushes their talk with a move of the hand and starts rubbing his head on the alpha's torso. Sometimes JunMyeon wishes JongDae could be his real mate, they were so close to each other, affectionate and caring. It would be easy and comfortable. The only thing missing is this precious connection between soul mates. Moreover the beta is almost always bathed in his smell, looking for friction in order to be soaked up with JunMyeon's smell.

"Let's get some sleep. I'll start the stock-taking tomorrow and you know it's boring."

JongDae purrs and cuddles the other. They close their eyes and let sleep taking them away. It was pretty fast for JongDae who starts snoring but it was harder for JunMyeon. He keeps thinking about ChangSub, his attack wasn't normal, it was fishy. He always seemed to admire EunKwang, to respect him thus there were no reason for him to try dethroning his alpha. He flattens his hair on his forehead and closes his eyes tightly to force sleep.


His eyes open wide when he wakes up because of a piercing scream. He doesn't understand what's happening and shakes his best friend to wake him up. JongDae seems utterly lost and looks at JunMyeon with puppy eyes. Another scream catches their attention and they get up quickly, putting on their pants and tank tops. Someone screams and they run in the corridor. Everybody is woken up, JunMyeon hears strange noises coming from the next door and hurries there. He's surprised to see JungSu, lying on his bed, overhung by an omega, visibly trying to rip off his jugular vein. He's pushed against the wall and sees YoungWoon jumping on the bed and fiercely biting the small figure.

"Get off of him or I'll make you suffer until you beg me to kill you."

The omega doesn't answer but tries to get free from the strongest wolf of the community. They hear other roars which persuade YoungWoon to kill the stupid omega quickly. He then hugs a groggy JungSu and carries him bridal style. The whole mansion is on chaos, JunMyeon and JongDae follow YoungWoon and JungSu in the garden, other omegas try to hurt JunMyeon and JungSu on their way but the two other always manage to hurt assailants. Alphas are gathered outside with their pack members, some have blood on their clothes and all of them are dumbfounded.

"Were you attacked?"

"Yes! SungJong shown up in my room and tried to kill me! He didn't seem fine at all! I've never seen him like that. I... I don't understand!" SungGyu stammers. Things seem to ease a little bit but every one of them here knew they've lost a lot of wolves, JunMyeon raises his head when he hears a growl from a young girl he's pretty closed to. HyeRim comes closer to him, her gaze is threatening and he knows what it means. He doesn't want to fight her! She speeds up, he sees everybody around him looking at him, trying to know what will he do but he can't resign himself to hurt, or worst, kill her! She jumps, fangs and claws out to hurt him but she fails when he sees a reddish brown wolf interpose himself between him and the young woman, diverting her with a brutal blow. She stumbles and falls in the lake. 

The wolf turns into his human form and JunMyeon is soon hugged by a tall man with unkempt reddish hair. His face meets the taller's chest and he notices few scars on his pale skin. He looks at him and meets a worried look. He then looks behind the tall figure surrounding him and sees HyeRim terrified face, he sees her hands moving, he sees her struggling to surface. He tries to make a move to help her but his friend stops him and it's confirmed when they hear HangIl's deep voice.

"Let her drown. She deserves it. She should have stayed at her place."

"But" JunMyeon tries to retort but he's stopped by a hand pressing his face on the muscular chest.

"Hyung, HangIl's right. No one has the right to threaten you. Have you been hurt tonight?"

"N-no. JongDae and YoungWoon protected us."

"Are you sure? No one touched you, did they?" 

"ChanYeol, I promise you I'm fine, just... unquiet."

The alpha takes his beta's face in his hands and smiles to reassure him. The taller examines his face, checking any scars but he's glad to see nothing. He eventually releases JunMyeon from his grip and gets back his clothes on the ground to dress up. ChanYeol comes back near from their leader and stands beside him in a protective attitude. JungSu looks at everybody. He doesn't know if all survivors of the attack are here or if some of them still are hidden in the mansion.

"Something is fishy. We need to leave and understand." All of them agree him, if they were other enraged betas and omegas, they would be in danger right now. "Does anyone know a place where we can hide?"

"I... My cousin leads few packs in the South. We can go to his mansion, he'll help us." Softly says SungGyu.

"OK. Pack your things if you can access to your room. We leave in two hours."

 

_________________________________

 

OK ! So now I need you ! I need your opinion for an important point. As it was mentioned in Chapter 1, JunMyeon's mate isn't revealed. Actually it's because I'm still hesitating between 3 characters so I'll let you deciding now that the 3 of them've been more described. I need to know in order to keep writing chapter 3.

  • Chen
  • Lay
  • Chanyeol

Just leave a comment with your choice! I hope you liked the chapter! And thanks for subscribing and votes ^w^