Chapter 1

Betrayal comes from the blood

Alphas are gathered in the patio, looking at the green grass where their omegas are playing. Some of them fully transformed into their wolf form, others only awoke their strengths and they are now involved in a sort of championship to show their skills. They are enjoying their tournament, having fun but this isn't the only use of this competition. To them, it's obvious their alphas are watching them, judging them, assessing them. They all know the strongest among them are thinking about who's going to endure pregnancy.

Wolfs are getting ready to struggle, they make a ring and sniff the air. Alphas come nearer and sit. One of them opens more his eyes, turns his head in another direction and smiles. A quivering spreads over every wolf ready to fight and they part away to make some space. A dark wolf slowly moves forward, shakes his mane. He is twice bigger than most of them and roars to intimidate his opponents.

"Why does YoungWoon take part to this fight?"

"He only wants to have fun." The previous alpha says.

"He'll hurt our wolves." A smaller alpha adds. He stands up and goes to his pack. His omegas and betas aren't as strong as YoungWoon and he wants to be sure they won't be too hurt. He scratches the ear of the first wolf from his pack going to fight and nuzzles his mane. He's in his human form, his beta could bit him severely but he trusts him. "Be careful ChanYeol, beating YoungWoon isn't your goal. And JungSu would certainly threaten you if you do."

"JunMyeon, let him be. I wanna watch them fighting." A tall alpha yells. 

"Tss keep calm HangIl, you know how JunMyeon is."

"Yes, always too caring with his subordinates."

JunMyeon joins them and ChanYeol and YoungWoon start to fight. There isn't a real suspense, everybody expects the bigger to win, first because he is naturally stronger, then because he is one of their most powerful combatants, and finally because well... He is an alpha, and who's a beta or an omega to dare dominating an alpha? ChanYeol fights few minutes, he manages to bite on YoungWoon's hoof, but eventually ends laid on his stomach, his opponent’s weight on him.

The bigger lets his enemy leaving and roars because he waits for the following wolf. Another beta moves forward, competes with the alpha and loses. Alphas seated in the patio start to mutter and also come closer to their packs and JungSu moves the other aside to let him goes to the centre. YoungWoon transforms in his human form and puts an arm around the other's shoulders.

"You’re ruining their competition. Come with me."

They walk together and leave their comrades, YoungWoon not caring about his . It was a common thing to see people , people turn into wolf, turn back into human and go back to their room in their birthday suits. Combats resume and last more than two hours. Betas quickly stop and let omegas do it, this type of fight is always violent and they bite each other a lot. 

JunMyeon quickly loses interest and goes to the library to find something to read. A wolf from his pack, YiXing, joins him and sits next to him. 

"You're not with others?"

"No, it's kind of boring." 

"You already know who'll be your mate tonight?"

"Yes, I think I'll be with MinSeok. He's the strongest among you." The alpha says, not even looking at the other. He only chose MinSeok because he feels like the pack need strong wolves and mating with him until their union is prolific will provide them wolf cubs with great potential. YiXing leans his thin body on the alpha and nuzzles his neck.

"Will you mate with me once?"

"YiFan would probably kill me. He wants you to carry his part of our genes."

"Your genes are the same, after all you're brothers." YiXing starts to caress JunMyeon's torso. The older feels the need of the other but he's not the only alpha of the pack, his brother, YiFan is also one of the heads of their group but they really are different and he doesn't want to be in conflict with him.

"You should go to see him." He says while rejecting him. YiXing stands up and sighs. 

"You should start impose yourself JunMyeon. Everybody in the pack wants you to be our real leader. YiFan couldn't even touch you if we all are on your side."

The smaller leaves, not hiding his hunger against the alpha who denied his needs. He sees some couple of alphas and omegas coming back in the mansion and heading to the floor with all the bedrooms and understands the mating marathon started. They all need to "renew" the number of wolves in their packs so those rituals of showing off abilities are always followed by a night of bestial mating to ensure the survival of species. YiFan notices him in the library, sends him a cold glare and takes the same direction as YiXing earlier. Of course a mix of YiFan's and YiXing's genes would create powerful wolves, the alpha has a lot of strength and the other one is really intelligent. 

He raises his head when he notices someone standing in front of him. Oh, MinSeok was already here. MinSeok is so small in his human form, seeming so weak, but when he turns into a wolf, he is tall and strong, his muscles showing behind his fur. Actually, JunMyeon was so stunned when he learnt this strong wolf only is an omega. 

"Can I help you?"

"YiXing told me you wanted to see me."

"Oh, he did so?" JunMyeon closes his book and the other's small grin tells him both of them know why they're together. "He was right. Beforehand I wanted to know if you accepted it."

"Of course."

They leave the room and goes to JunMyeon's. They mate for a long time, for JunMyeon it's not only a matter of having descendants. He hasn't found his true mate yet and he's still looking after him. But he knows it, inside of him that MinSeok isn't the right one, their minds don't connect. They might give to the pack great wolf cubs, MinSeok isn't the perfect fit for him and his genes. The omega knows what his leader is looking for and he hoped he could be the one for him but he understands too that he's not made to complete the other.

JunMyeon leaves and goes to the main living room. He sits with his friends, YiXing's words still in his mind. He knows the wolves from their pack prefer him to YiFan, he is way softer than the older, he always asks for their point of view even if his is always the final one. YiFan, on the other hand, always forces his opinion on others. His attention is caught by something else when he sees SangHyuk panicking.

"SangHyuk, what's happening?"

"I need to find a healer. ChangSub is feeling really bad."

"YiXing certainly is in YiFan's room. Tell him I sent you, he'll help you."

The younger thanks him and climbs the stairs. JunMyeon isn't totally sure the other alpha will let his mate leave but he knows for sure YiXing will do his best to sort out things and help ChangSub if he's the one asking for it. Each pack lives on its own even if they are in community. They are a gathering of packs so each pack takes care of its own business, it's only in some situation that they work together. That's why ChangSub's health only worried his pack members and YiXing who became his doctor.


It's only the following morning that others start to feel concern. JunMyeon walks on the healer of his pack with ChangSub's friends. He sits with them and notices SungJae's frown.

"What's happening?"

"I'm worry about ChangSub. I thought he just had fever and treated him yesterday. He should have recovered today because of our humanity system but it's even worst. I've never seen or heard about that. I went to visit him this morning, his canines even started to show in his human form."

"Really?"

"Yes... Yesterday he was so tired he couldn't even walk and now that..." YiXing seems really anxious even if he's an experienced healer. They decide to visit him and confirm YiXing's words. The healer eventually decides to tie him to his bed and they leave. JunMyeon goes to the garden and walks for few minutes. He meets other residents, he's particularly shocked by SungJong's health. The latter is an omega from another pack, he usually is strong and healthy but here he seems exhausted, feverish. 

"SungJong, how are you?"

"Bad. I want to throw up and my head hurts so much..."

"Have you told it to a doctor?"

"Not yet. I'm gonna rest in the forest."

"Take care of yourself. And try to talk with YiXing."

The alpha continues his walk and leaves to go to work. He got a comfortable job as bookseller and he enjoys working everyday. Sometimes one of his pack members comes with him and helps him with the shop. When he comes back to the mansion, his path crosses ChangSub's one. The older is really so pale, JunMyeon wants to stop him to ask him how he is but he looks at him angrily and growls. He keeps walking aimlessly, worrying the young alpha.

He joins other alphas for dinner, they often eat separated from betas and omegas. JungSu is the one cooking for them, they can enjoy thin pieces of raw meat marinated in olive oil and herbs. It would be useless to deny they have advantages because of their alpha condition and eating delicious meals is one of those advantages. ChangSub enters the room, not even caring to ask for permission. His alpha, EunKwang, comes nearer from him, puts a hand on his shoulder and tries to get his attention.

"ChangSub? Are you feeling better?"

 

_________________________________

Here is the first chapter of my fic ^w^ 

So, what do you think?