Chapter 3

Betrayal comes from the blood

They stay still few seconds, time for JungSu's words to make sense to them and they part away. JongDae instinctively follows his alpha to protect him in case of attack. They peacefully reach his room, JunMyeon is in front of his wardrobe, putting clothes in his bag whereas the other is looking at his bookshelves.

"Myeon, which books do you want to take?"

"I don't think I can afford taking some."

"But they mean everything to you."

"Dae... We're fleeing. We can only take necessities. By the way, you should go to your room and gather your things."

"I have to watch after you." JongDae says firmly. JunMyeon turns to look at him and sighs.

"You always forget I'm an alpha. I can stand up for myself. Go to your room."

The beta lowers his head and follows his leader's command. The latter looks at his books, touches them and sighs. He doesn't want to leave this place but they don't seem to have the choice... He stuffs his bag with more things and intends to leave but he's stopped because of a black haired man, his small eyes were curved in anger. He slowly approaches him, hands in front of him as a peace sign but the other doesn't care. The alpha quickly understands it's useless to be polite and tactful so he stands up straight, power piercing his eyes, showing his natural authority.

"GiSeok. Step backwards."

The younger ignores his words and turns into his wolf appearance. JunMyeon does the same, his golden fur shining because of the ray of sun through his window. Both wolves start rotating, the older wolf growling in a threatening way. GiSeok runs toward the alpha and jumps on him but the golden wolf is faster and he catches his assailant by the throat, sinking his fangs in his flesh. He vigorously shakes his head and rips his skin. He releases his grip, throwing him against his bed. JunMyeon finds his human form again, takes his bag and leaves the room urgently. He's stopped when he feels long and sharp claws around his left ankle and screams while kicking GiSeok's head to let him go.

He goes back to the garden where alphas and the remainder of their packs gather. He tries to ignore the ache in his limb and waits. When the two hours end, JungSu goes at the centre, looks at everyone and starts to speak.

"I don't know what's going on here but we all agree on the fact that we need to leave. Our wolves are becoming crazy and theyy rebel. As alphas of our race we have to protect ourselves that's why we'll now leave this mansion behind us."

"Will we come back?" YiXing asks with a low voice. JunMyeon looks at him, relieved to see he's fine, protected by YiFan. The latter's gaze to the healer's stomach remains him that his brother desperately wants to have babies from the younger and so he'll be out of danger until he gets pregnant and delivers.

"I don't know YiXing. I wish we could but I don't know." JungSu answers. Many could think he's acting out of his responsibilities, he should only command his own pack but he's always been considered as the leader of the mansion and this was exactly what they needed now. "We'll follow SungGyu. He's going to guide us to his cousin's mansion."

The alpha hesitantly takes the lead of the whole group. Many of them catch glimpse behind them, feeling like they're letting a part of themselves behind. SungGyu explains briefly where his cousin lives. They are heading to the South of the country, to a town where several packs gathered four years ago, thus the werewolf residence there isn't as developed as their was. His cousin, HyunJin is the leader of a small group of werewolves, he belonged to a wider pack but was get out because of his alpha genes and some young wolves followed him until this city. 

JungSu looks at everybody, their number considerably decreased. He feels a twinge but quickly decides to forget what happened tonight to lead their group. He joins SungGyu to talk with him about their journey. Daegu isn't that far from Seoul but they have to deal with the matter of number. More than twenty people riding the same train, all of them looking exhausted and hurried can easily seem suspicious and they don't want to be found by enraged werewolves. They go to the railway station by subway, separated in group of five or less. Once outside of the station, they gather and the older explains what will happen next.

"So, we are lucky because there are four trains for Daegu today. SungGyu, YiFan and four people among betas and omega will take the first one. JunMyeon and I will choose three of you, take the second train. YoungWoon-ah and EunKwang will do the same for the third and HaKyeon will lead the last group."

All of them agree and exchange glances. YiFan and SungGyu go to the automatic distributor and pay six tickets by batch of two to be located at three different places of the train. They come back with others and look at every body. YiFan hands two tickets to YiXing and LuHan while SungGyu does it to DongWoo and SangHyuk. The six of them get ready and leave for Daegu. During their wait before their leaving, JungSu and JunMyeon go speak with their pack members. The younger meets JongDae and ChanYeol to decide who'll come with JungSu and him.

"Hyung, you should go with ChanYeol. He'll protect you better than I could."

"Thanks JongDae. Take care of others, OK?"

"Of course, you know me." JongDae says with a grin. He hugs their leader and gives him a light peck. The other beta slaps him on the head and takes JunMyeon's arm to hold him against his large body. The elder quickly escapes their embrace and goes to SeHun. The young and discreet werewolf looks at him and offers him a small smile. JunMyeon hugs him tightly and tenderly ruffles his hair.

"You're leaving with JungSu and I, agree?"

"Of course. I'll protect you." SeHun says proudly. JunMyeon laughs and hugs him even more.

"You're so nice SeHunie, my little SeHunie~"

"Aw stop it, you're too cheesy!" The elder pinches the other and smiles happily. He didn't doubt SeHun would agree on leaving with him, even if they are often apart at the mansion, they still have this unique bond a father and his child have together. The young werewolf takes a small nap, leaning his head on his father's shoulder. He only wakes him up when their train is announced and JungSu gives him a clue. The older alpha doesn't forget to kiss his mate before the latter hugs the fifth member of their group. 

The five of them are in the same truck but SeHun and DongHae sit together in the front, left side, ChanYeol goes in the back, right side and alphas sit in the middle, right side. JunMyeon considers it as a good opportunity to sit next to JungSu, he's always respected him and wished to be a good leader as well. Moreover JungSu seems so successful: his pack loves him, he has a strong mate who loves him and is ready to die for him, and he even has a child with this mate.

They're on their way to Daegu and both alpha are quietly thinking when JunMyeon dares to draw the elder’s attention to him. JungSu looks at him with a kind smile. Another point which makes JunMyeon respecting him. 

"Can I ask you something?"

"I don't really like talking about my stuff but OK."

"How is it to... find your real mate?"

"Oh." JungSu smiles softly when he catches a glimpse at DongHae. The latter is smiling and laughing with SeHun. It's cute to see how much they're close to each other even if they don't belong to the same pack. Some could laugh because they form a weird pair: a young wolf considered as illegitimate by most of people and the spoilt child, most protected cub of two leaders.

"Just forget it, it doesn't matter if you don't want."

"No, YoungWoon is an important part of my life. What do you exactly want to know?"

"How did you know YoungWoon was the right?"

"It appeared to me when... When was it? Oh yes! When we first fought."

"When you fought? Isn't it supposed to be a romantic thing?" JunMyeon asks, dumbfounded and JungSu laughs at him.

"It depends on both of you. My parents wanted me to submit to another alpha, a dumb and crual one. YoungWoon belonged to his pack. He's always been warm-blooded and I once had to stand between him and another wolf but he ended up hurting me. It will sound masochistic but the instant his claws entered my skin, I knew he had to be a part of me."

"It's weird but at least, you met your soul mate."

"You will. Most of us find it during reproduction but it's not enough. Your hearts must meet. You can mate with someone three times and link to their mind the forth time."

JunMyeon groans pathetically and leans his head on the head-rest. He was sure he wasn't made for any of his partners but what JungSu just told him changes everything. No. He really knows none of them was his true half. 

"What's DongHae's story? I mean, it's hard to believe he really is YoungWoon's and your child."

"It was when I still was with the other alpha. After YoungWoon hurt me, he started protecting me and we grew really closer. We often... We had when the alpha wasn't there, it really was because of love or I would have topped every time because he's able to bear children and I'm not. I did it once and... Well, he got pregnant. Believe me, it was so funny."

"DongHae will be your only child?"

"Oh, he has two brothers. But he's the only one we were allowed to keep with us. When YoungWoon got pregnant, the alpha and my parents knew we had an affair and separated us, when our children were born, they took HyukJae and SiWon away from us, sending them to another pack. Our alpha hated me and treated me like . YoungWoon was so crazy because of him, the distance with our children that he killed the alpha."

JunMyeon stays still when he hears that and looks at his friend. His look is so soft, his gaze serious, he seems so infatuated with YoungWoon and proud of DongHae. He can relate to it, he loves SeHun like the apple of his eyes, cherishes him the most and wants to protect him forever even if he knows his baby will eventually entrust his life to someone else. He deplores his lack of mate but he's not missing someone to carefreely with. He wants to feel this need to protect a lover with his whole life, he wants this love to be mutual and everlasting.

"Mind me if I switch seat with DongHae? Kinda need to..."

"Be with what's important in your life? Don't worry. If YoungWoon were here, I would probably be so enclosed in  his arms, no one could see me."

JunMyeon stands up, laughing, and goes beside the young wolves. He pats SeHun's shoulder and softly smiles at him.

"Don't mind spending the end of your trip with your grumpy father?"

"You're not grumpy daddy. And no, I don't mind. Plus I think DongHae-yah wants one of his fathers." Indeed, the older cub happily gets up and innocently jumps till the seat next to JungSu, almost instantly begging him to hug.

 

_________________________________

And ~ This was chapter 3! Did you enjoy it? 

Aish I want to talk with you but I don't know what I could ask you ToT Don't hesitate to comment, I'd gladly reply to you! Promise you ~