Chapter six, including copious amounts of alcohol

With Friends Like These Who Needs Voldemort

Warning : alcohol drunk by minors. I am not in any way advocating this. But you can't say that it never happens.

Baekhyun POV

It was the day of Chanyeol's party and Baekhyun was scared less.

"What am I going to wear?" he wailed to Kyungsoo, who was sitting on the bed blowing bubblegum bubbles.

"Mate, I'd be more worried about Chanyeol than your crap dress robes." advised his friend neutrally.

Baekhyun sighed. Soo just didn't understand clothes. And he was not a steriotypical gay guy for being obssesed with what he wore, by the way!

Maybe he still had time to go out and get something? Probably not....

"Kyungsoo, my bestest, most wonderful friend, could I borrow your shirt?"

He didn't even look up. "No."

Baek didn't really care. He went over to their other roommate's closet (the one with the giant tipp-ex scribble on it that read Everything in here is Kevin's keep off you suicidal nutter) and grabbed the first folded shirt he could find. Paired with freshly-ironed jeans and Kevin's badly hidden genuine fake Ray-Bans he probably didn't look too bad.

"How do I look, ungrateful owl guy?"

Ungrateful owl guy's jaw dropped. "If I wasn't straight, you'd be in serious danger."

"Thank you for that mental image."

Straightening up, Baekhyun grabbed the plate of sandwiches he'd made. Yelling out that he'd see Soo later, he almost missed the fake step on the grand staircase but quickly righted himself, much to Peeves' disapointment. He found himself infront of the Slytherin dorm sooner than he had anticipated. Taking a deep breath (what the hell was he going to do), he pushed the door open.

Within Joonmyun, Luhan and Yixing were rushing about hanging streamers, disco balls and bottles of booze (bottles of booze?) from the walls, whilst Chanyeol stood in the middle barking out orders. They were all shirtless. . Baek's brain briefly toyed with the idea of leaving and pretending he had never been here, but his mouth was already shouting out in a loud voice : ''Food for the troops!"

All four boys immediately dropped whatever was in their hands (which in Luhan's case resulted in a nasty Bacardi stain on the carpet). They ran over and began guzzling Baekhyun's tomato sandwiches.

About two seconds later there were only crumbs left. Joonmyun sighed blissfully. ''This one's a keeper for sure, Yeol.''

Chanyeol mussed Baek's hair. "I know."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin POV

Sadly, Kyungsoo hadn't wanted to come to the party with him. Sehun was nattering on about Yixing whilst powdering his nose, or whatever he had been doing for an hour in the bathroom whilst Jongdae seemed blissfully oblivious to any sort of social norm. He was ironing his limited edition Big Bang t-shirt for the party. Oh, and whistling.

Jongin, dateless and making it worse by listening to Thin Lizzy, was simply wearing his grey robes. He knew that most people would be in muggle clothing but he didn't give a . He was only planning to be there long enough to snaffle all the Cheese Poofs anyway. And maybe a Snickers?

Jongdae held his shirt up for his cousin to inspect. "It's not creased is it?'' he asked nervously.

"Nah." he replied, slipping one of his earbuds out. "How long do you think Sehun'll be in the bathroom?"

Jongdae was too busy checking his shirt for creases to reply. It really didn't matter as Sehun exploded (for want of a better word) out of the en-suite in a riot of, well, glitter.

"How do I look?"

"Ummm....Pink? And sparkly." said Jongin.

"I like it." Jongdae commented. "We only have twenty minutes and 47, wait, 43 seconds before the party. I'm gonna go get changed."

Nineteen minutes later (apparently), they were standing in front of the Slytherin dorm.

"How are we going to get in, Jongdae?" grumbled Sehun, wishing Yixing could just be here already. Both he and Jongin wern't exactly sure how their resident nutter was planning to get them access to the party. He said he had a plan, but with Jongdae...let's just say his last 'plan' had ended very badly.

"Don't worry, Joonmyun's going to open the door for us in a minute!" said Jongdae cheerfully. He sounded like he had absolute faith in the man known as Hogwarts' richest (and coldest) pupil.

His two companions were less sure. Joonmyun was known for his elaborate pranks and complete lack of compassion, but the door sure enough as the clock sounded seven o'clock to reveal Joonmyun-hyung's features.

"You're twelve seconds late!" Jongdae pouted.

"Come on, babe. It's not that long!" Joonmyun chuckled, before pulling the younger in for a quick kiss.

Sehun and Jongin could only stare, mouths agape.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minseok POV

Chanyeol had surpassed himself this year.

Minseok's goblet was full of some unidentifiable green liquid (absinthe? that was bad .), some utterly blitzed (as in so drunk they'd gone the other way and were actually sort of sober) third years were making punch in a cauldron, flashing lights illuminated the barely-clothed students gyrating on the impromptu dance-floor, Yeol himself was face with his date, the music was blaring, Skrillex into Imagine Dragons into the Stranglers into Dead Kennedys into Dubstep till his head was spinning.

He hadn't even touched the menthol some eighth-years were smoking (drugs wern't his style). He was simply high on the atmosphere, the pounding music, a little buzzed from his two beers.

Shame about Luhan, really. He missed him, missed him so bad, but somehow with his head spinning, with the hot girl on his arm, with the loudness of it all, he didn't care. Not now, not here, but the part of his brain that wasn't going to pot, wasn't crazy, wanted Luhan here, wanted him just to be there, to still love him.

He really, really wanted that part to shut up. So he drank whatever was in his glass, danced, danced, and when Rose pulled him close and kissed him, it seemed like a good idea.

Even though he could see Luhan out of the corner of his eye.

"Mate." Yixing was there, and Minseok was so smashed, that it seemed funny, everything seemed hilarious. He laughed at the absurdity of it all.

"Mate." repeated Xing, "Man, you're so smashed...Luhan just ran out. Go say you're sorry, you complete and utter bastard."

Somehow that penetrated Minseok's booze-clouded brain : "A'right." he slurred, and ran out after his ex.

"Han! Han! W't 'p! Han!"

Luhan turned at Minseok's voice and he saw how drunk his boyfriend was. He didn't care. They ran up to each other and pressed their mouths together, hot and sloppy, rushed and thoughtless.

" Minseok, we need to get our together." Luhan mumbled.

It could wait until morning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin POV

Best. Party. Ever.

Jongin had stuck to non-alcoholic beverages after seeing the state of most everyone, but Sehun had passed out after one beer. Handing him over to Yixing, with death threats promised should any harm come to the vulnerable Hufflepuff other than his eventual hangover. Yixing could probably be trusted with him, but it pays to be careful with unicorns. They cannot be trusted.

He suddenly noticed Kyungsoo sitting over on a wrecked couch (as in someone had already spilt punch on it). A scheme came to mind and he grabbed two Cokes before heading over.

"Coke? It's still sealed, look." he asked hopefully.

Kyungsoo, who by this point didn't care about this party ; Baek was off with Chanyeol and frankly all this loud music wasn't his cup of tea, just nodded.

Jongin handed him the beverage and took the liberty of sitting next to him, cracking open his own Coke.

"Hot, isn't it?''

"...Yeah." replied the Ravenclaw. "You're not going to accost me are you?"

"Only if you want me to." 

Kyungsoo laughed, feeling a little giddy. So giddy, in fact, that he said something he'd later regret : "Wanna dance?"

Jongin was ecstatic. He didn't reply, just pulled Soo up and whirled him around as the music ebbed and flowed, drunk on the moment. Of course, he'd wonder exactly how this happened later, but hey! And he lost a perfectly good free Coke. Realists do not make the best romantic momenters.

After the slow song was over, Kyungsoo seemed to recover himself, much to Jongin's chagrin. The cute owl suddenly realised it was Jongin he was dancing with and not, say, -bomb Jessica. Stuttering some sort of apology, he ran off to tear Baekhyun away from Chanyeol.

Jongin sighed. A little fresh air would work wonders on his Ravenclaw-related stress. He walked out of the dungeons. It was only a short stroll over to the B.S Johnson designed ornamental shrubbery.

He paused at a curious wiggling bush. Peering closer, he just about made out Minseok and Luhan h                                                                    (censored!). 

Maybe he'd be better off indoors.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris POV

The party Park Chanyeol had organised seemed a little rowdy now, with lights and music at eleven o'clock. However Kris was comfortable in his leather armchair, grading third-years' papers. He had a nice cup of tea boiling and a small piece of Honeydukes' chocolate for later. It wasn't really that late, was it? Nah, couldn't be. On to the next spelling mistake, slurp of tea, next violent thump coming from below...Next violent thump from below?

He probably should go check this out. He pried himself from his chair, looking back sadly at the small forlorn square of chocolate he'd never get round to eating now. The dungeons weren't too far from his office.

He opened the door - and was greeted with the massivest and  maddest  most totally school inapropriate house party he had ever heard about in legend. There was booze. There were girls. Chanyeol himself was practically humping some poor kid in the corner, spin the bottle was in full swing, booming gangsta rap was exploding from the walls (a complicated spell, he wondered who had cast it?).

He cast Sonorus! on himself. "Listen up! If this common room is not completely empty of all non-Slytherins in twenty minutes, isn't clean and tidy by this time tomorrow and I find vast quantites of illegal alcohol anywhere on school grounds later, expulsion can always be considered!"

The revellers, frozen to the spot because - horror of horrors - a teacher had caught them, soon began to disperse, and after a quiet word with Chanyeol he got back to his tea

 

Mmmkay...here goes nothing....baek helping yeol out with party prep, joon arrivng wth jongdae and jongdae getting lectured by s and jongin,  luhan getting drunk and confessing to minseoksehun and jongin being idiots (......),, kris finding tao stumbling bak to the dorm drunk 2sep chaps???? im so screwed. nts; must use phrase smoking menthol, use train in vain lyrics for lumin, dk quote