Chapter two, in which all is Sorted

With Friends Like These Who Needs Voldemort

Jongdae POV

Jongdae was bored. Sehun and Jongin were talking, but frankly he wasn't interested in the merits of this or that Chocolate Frog card. It would probably be nice to get involved, though...Nah. He'd already spent a grand total of forty-eight minutes in social contact today.

After exactly one hour thirty five seconds the train arrived at Hogwarts station. Wait. Make that thirty-six.  Oh well. At least Jongdae didn't need to wash his hands twelve times a day anymore. That had really been tiring.

Sehun bustled him off the train in a flurry of trunks, robes, feathers (Damn! he was allergic to owls.) and Jongdae wasn't that sure how exactly he had exited the locomotive. Needless to say he must have, because now Jongin was shoving him towards a veritable giant (who was three metres forty one centimetres tall).

"Here you are Hagrid!"Jongin yelled "Another first year! He's my cousin, Jongdae."

The giant looked up, "Mornin' Jongin! Mornin' Jongdae! 'Nother firs' year?"

"Umm...Yes?" replied Jongdae nervously, looking round for Sehun and Jongin, who were nowhere to be seen. Damn it! They must've scuttled off, leaving him at the mercy of this giant.

He sat on a rock at the edge of the lake, awaiting his fate.

After a few more kids in robes turned up, Hagrid made a short speech. Apparantly they would navigate the lake in groups of three, before arriving at the Great Hall for the sorting. Whilst all this was going on, Jongdae counted the blades of grass (387 so far), and he didn't notice when Hagrid asked them to decide on the groups.

"Jongdae! Have ye no found yersl' a group yet? " questioned Hagrid  "Leh me see...Yeh can go wi' those two, o'er there. See?"

Jongdae followed his pointing finger and saw two nervous-looking skinny boys with glasses.

"...Hi" he said "I'm Joonmyun."

The smaller, skinnier boy was quiet, but the other was quick to reply.

"Hiya!" he said exitedly "I'm Kyungsoo, and this is Bakehyun! I bet we'll find lots of stuff to talk about!"

Oh, God.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joonmyun POV

Joonmyun, Chanyeol, Luhan, and, well, basically everyone, strolled into the Hall engaged in raucous conversation.

Chanyeol was going on about some skirt he'd got that summer: "She was absolutely gorgeous, and she was up for all-"

"Are you sure" drawled Yixing "that you don't mean your sister?"

That shut him up, but Yix continued:

"Because I seem to remember her being just like that last time I saw her...."

They all had to split up by then, as they all sat at different tables. Joonmyun sat next Chanyeol and some idiot third year at the Slytherin table. The sorting soon began.

"Do you think they could hurry this up a bit" Chanyeol hissed "I'm starving!"

But Joonmyun didn't reply. The cutest boy he had ever seen had just taken his place on the stool. He had gorgeous hair that curled under his nape, and such full lips...Wasn't his name Jongdae? That didn't matter. Joonmyun didn't swing that way, but he could still imagine doing this and that to such an attractive specimen...shame he was underage, really.

"Joon? Jooonmyun?"

Chanyeol's voice broke him out of his reverie.

"What?"

"Oh...Nothing"

The boy was a Hufflepuff anyway.

!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris POV

Kris, sitting at the teacher's table, watched the sorting with visible ennuie. Even the cheerful charms teacher, Flitwick, noticed his black mood and stayed well out of his way.

Kris was angry at himself for fantasizing about a student. A student! What was wrong with him? Well, he sort of knew.....

After a Kyungsoo had been sorted into - ravenclaw?? - it was time for McGonagall's speech.

The only interesting new development was a special potions lesson for the fifth-years. Slughorn seemed to think that none of his OWL students would be able to explain potion formulae to the instructors. So for one two-hour period, they'd have to help first-years with their potions skills.

It was a very admirable idea, but Kris couldn't concentrate. He would have sworn that Tao, sitting with a group of other Gryffindors, was looking at him.

And not in a "should I ask him about something later" way. Oh no. Tao was practically undressing him with his eyes.

Kris blushed, and Tao winked at him.

In a most unprofesional way, naturally.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baekyun POV

The speeches were so boring! Even Kyungsoo, a self-confessed speechaholic who loved Churchil and had downloaded his lectures on iTunes, was slumped over in a puddle of drool.

At least he could look at the eye candy over at the Slytherin table. No! He was not thinking of Chanyeol as eye candy. Definitely not! No siree, he did not think Chanyeol was eye candy. Absolutely not. He was sure he didn't. 100% sure! Even 110% sure! And he was definitely not shooting glances at Chanyeol.

The speeches finally ended, and Baek helped himself to sausage and mash, followed by chocolate pudding.

"Well," he told Kyungsoo "I think I won't starve."

"Me neither!"

"Everyone's leaving" remarked Baekyun "We should go."

"Ok." said Kyungsoo "Race you!"

Kyungsoo bolted and Baekhyun would have followed, if a hand hadn't grabbed the back of his robes and pulled him to face Chanyeol. ! , , ! He was doomed.

"What were you looking at?" sneered Chanyeol "I saw you looking at me."

"I,I wasn't! I swear! Really!"

"Oh-"

"Chan, there you are! Making out with a first-year?" Joonmyun turned to Baekhyun "Just make sure he buys you dinner first, kiddo."he whispered, before carrying on with Chanyeol "Come on! Lu brought some firewhisky and we're going to get sloshed!"

The two hurried off as Baekhyun leaned on the wall, holding his breath.

Would Chanyeol have kissed him if Joonmyun hadn't arrived......?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi again! I'm proud to see that 70 people have read this so far. Let's make it 100! Tell everyone you know (OR YOU WILL DIE MUAHAHA)!! I had fun writing in the guise of Jongdae this chapter. Yes, he is OCD (in my fanfic anyway-i have a warped mind) but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Also,  i haven't been spelling baekhyun properly (i am no die hard exotic- this is just my excuse to write :)) i wont go bak and correct it (itd take wayyyy too long) but sorry! Btw, i think it would be much easier if they all dyed their hair different colours (yeh, this is just because luhan looked amaz in the video where he has pink hair :D) so we could tell them apart by that. and if they TATTOOED THEIR NAMES ON THEIR FOREHEADS (yup, im a maniac. its cause i always got the names mixed up and now emily wants to kill me or something :(  ). I probs wont update for a week or so as am on a computer course. Bye!!