epilogue

If..

Seohyun was about to go to the canteen to buy a cup of tea. It was lunch hour but she doesn’t feel like eating at all. This morning she come early to school, feels bad after she ditch the class yesterday, just to find Yonghwa and Shinhye already there in the class, sit side by side.

 

It was an awkward moment.

 

Her heart palpitating, half of it was curious if yesterday Shinhye really confess her feelings to Yonghwa or not. If Yonghwa was really accept Shinhye to be her girlfriend like he said yesterday in the rooftop or not.

 

She tried to act naturally, walk to her seat and drop her bag pack at the table.

 

She felt an intense stare from Yonghwa, but try to ignore it.

 

She just rejected him yesterday and asked him to be with Shinhye, so she has no right to feel jealous.

 

She has no right to feel anything at all.

 

By her chair, she can still clearly hear their conversation. He ask Shinhye about a book store and she wants to accompany him to go there. Obviously it’s a date.

 

But why book store?

 

It’s unlikely Shinhye to go to such a place.

 

Can’t take it anymore, Seohyun walk to the door, leave the couple behind with their dating plan.

 

She has a lot of things to do to keep her busy and she determine to do it all at once before her mind start to get deceived and betrayed by her heart.

 

Seohyun sigh when she sip her tea. What is she doing exactly? She just try keeping herself busy. She even already finish her homework for next week at school. She can't lie to herself that she was distracted.

 

Whatever she did, her thoughts always come back to Yonghwa and Shinhye.

 

The next day, she walk pass them in the corridor on her way to the teacher's office. Shinhye was leaning in the wall while Yonghwa in front of her, smiling.

 

That scene Irk her. Why she kept crosspath with them was beyond her imagination. It break her inside to saw them intimate in front of her eyes. She should knows that it will happen when she decide to reject him, but it hurts more than what  she think it should be.

 

 

Seohyun confront him one day about his intimacy with Shinhye. She wasn't plan to do that but when they are coincidentally left alone at the class after school was over, she can't keep shut.

 

Apparantly her heart just can't take it anymore.

 

"Please be considerate to others. We don't want to saw your intimacy at school. Go get a room."

 

She was prepare to hear some anger, shout or irritated answer from him, but to her surprised, he just chuckled.

 

"There are many others who did more than what I did. Why you make a fuss about me?"

 

"It's irritating."

 

He walk from his seat closer to her who stand behind the teacher's desk.

 

"May I know why you are irritated seeing me and Shinhye together? Did you forget that you were the one who push me away to another woman?"

 

That's true.

 

She was at a loss. She blame who can't keep shut, making her feel embarassed.

 

"Just be considerate, please.."  Her voice cracking. She grab her bag and try to leave.

 

But his hand catch her hand faster.

 

"Tell me why are you irritated, Seohyun?"

 

No answer from her, he continue. "Do you love me?"

 

"No." she lie.

 

"But I love you. Not Shinhye but you, Seo Joo Hyun. Remember that."

 

He let go of her hand and walk pass her out of the class.

 

 

In one afternoon when they were eating lunch, Shinhye suddenly blurt out in between their conversation,  "I got rejected."

 

Seohyun got surprised by her sudden confession, stop munching her food and give her 'I-am-not-saying anything' look.

 

"You never ask anything, so I'm just telling." Shinhye continued.

 

Studying her eyes, Seohyun caught a little sadness in there. Seohyun want to ask her why she keep being so close with Yonghwa after that then but afraid of being rude.

 

"Yonghwa.. he loves you, you know." Shinhye add. "Actually, I already knows that from the beginning but I just too stubborn to admit it, hoping that from our friendship he can slowly fall for me. But things not going as I planned."

 

"I guess you wondering why it looks like we were having a relationship these past few days? or why are we always crosspath with you?"

 

"We did it intentionally whenever you were around. He said that you push him away to me. I really appreciate it but you hurt me more by doing so."

 

Shinhye hold Seohyun's hand and smile. "Seohyun-ah, I don't want you to force him to accept me and lie to your own heart. I like him and I like you, too. Stop torturing him and yourself."

 

Shinhye voice echoed in her mind. Should she tell him the truth?

 

 

One week later, she got a small note in her table.

 

"To Seohyun. Meet me at the back yard after school."

 

She frowned. Is it a prank?

 

She looking at her left and right side, hoping to catch the writer of the note but found no one.

 

Her conscience keep telling her that it was just a prank and she wasn't suppose to follow the note but her curiosity win over her.

 

She decide to took a peek at the back yard and left if it really a prank.

 

She got surprised when she saw Yonghwa at the bench in the back yard, holding a box wraping in a beautiful pink ribbon. He catch her eyes and give her an intense look.

 

Slightly his lips forming a small smile.

 

Her brain keep telling her to move and run, but her body betrayed her. Seohyun stand freeze in her spot instead. Yonghwa walk closer to her, giving her the box, mouthing “for you” which she replied, “What is this?”

 

She opened the box and saw a book that she intended to buy next week. She was looking up at him with a confused look. “How do you know I want to buy this?”

 

He just shrugged his shoulder, giving her a wide grin. “I just know.” Actually, he asked Shinhye for help.

 

“Why are you giving me this?”

 

“Can’t I give you a present with no reason?”

 

She gulped an invisible lump in .

 

“I thought you wouldn’t want me to give it in public so I call you here. I hope you like the present.”

 

Her heart beat faster. Her mind couldn’t form any words to say to him beside thank you so she said that, “Thank you.”

 

“Aniya.. Okay then I just want to give you that. See you tomorrow.”

 

He is giving her a warm smile and turn over to leave when Seohyun blurts suddenly, “Did you think by giving me this you will get me?”

 

Yonghwa was turning back to see her, “what?”

 

“I hate you.”

 

His heart skipped a bit, breaking from hearing what she said. Knowing she doesn’t love him back was breaking him, but he never thought that she would hate him. Anger and sadness filled his mind and heart. Anger by the way she treated his heart and sadness by his hatred towards him.

 

He just doesn’t know which one he should felt right now.

 

He sigh in frustration, “I never having any hidden intention for giving you this present. I..”

 

“I hate you for making me feels like this..” She cut him before he finish talking. “I hate you for always catching people’s attention. I hate for always lose to you, even without you trying to win. I hate you for always being very nice to me despite my behaviour towards you. I hate you for always distract my thoughts. I hate you when you look very cool in sweat when you play basketball. I hate you..”

 

He gaped in amazement and surprise. “Wait, Seohyun-ah.” He took a second to pause. “Is this the way for you telling me that you loves me?” He can’t help to show his wide grin.

 

“What? I’m not saying that I love you at all in my statement. I am not i..” She knows her cheek might be blush by now.

 

“I know..i know..” he shut her by circling his hand in her waist, giving her a big hug and pat her back lightly. His face was grinning like an idiot. “I love you, too.”

 

She isn’t push him, instead she reply the hug by circling her hand in his back.

 

“You are a bad girl. I thought you really hate me. You really have a strange way to be honest.”

 

She just smiles hearing his statement. She never knew being loved by the one you love could be this wonderful.

 

When you are being honest with your heart, love will find you.

 

 

“Baby, you are daydreaming.” Yonghwa said. He just finished showering and get ready to go to bed when she saw Seohyun, now his wife, smiling into thin air. Clearly, she was thinking about something good.

 

“What are you thinking?”

 

Seohyun turn her body to face him in their bed. “If I think about it, I can confidently say that I never make a decision I regret in my whole life.”

 

He took her body to lean on him, her head now resting in his shoulder.

 

“How?” He asked while kissing her temple slowly. His hand her shoulder slowly.

 

“That because when I choose you, I know it was the right thing to do.”

 

END.

 

AN : A short epilogue how they gor together in high school. I hope you like it. Not edited since I'm in a rush to go somewhere.

I would like to hear your thoughts about this story if you don't mind.

Thank you all for reading this story. Actually I really like this story, this is the first story I make for Yongseo thought it took longer to finish it.

Many things to learn more in writing but I will try giving my best.

See you in my next story, now i really want to focus to Scoop..

 XOXO