chapter 2

If..

She remembers after her confrontation with Yonghwa that day in the rooftop, she cry and for the first time she ditch the class. She never knows whether shinhye already confess to him or not, whether he accept her like he said or not. She didn't dare to ask.

 

But the next morning, she saw them both talking about going to a book store. Apparently, they plan to going to a date.

 

 

 

"Seohyun, you are daydreaming." Yuri nugded her. "Shinhye is coming here."

 

There she saw him, Jung yong Hwa, walking beside the bride, smile brightly while looking at her intensely. After all this year, her heart still beats faster at the sight of him, as he walk closer and closer, but she try to keep her poker face.

 

"Ahh Seohyun ah ~ I'm glad you can come. Thank you." Shinhye said while pulling her into a big hug.

 

"Congrats, shinhye. I hope you can have a beautiful marriage with many kids around"

 

"Well, I hope you won't be too surprise knowing your wish will become true soon enough."

 

"You mean...?"

 

Shinhye nodded and Seohyun gaped. "Ah congratulation, I don't know you already pregnant. Your tummy was still so small."

 

Shinhye put her hand in her stomach slowly, caressing the belly, "It's only been 6 weeks, so it's not too obvious. I don't feel anything strange in my pregnancy so I just find out a couple days ago. I'm glad we already have the wedding planned before the dress can't fit me anymore." She laughed and stared at the man beside her with love.

 

 

As the party still goes on the bride and groom still mingle around, getting congratulatory from others. Yuri and Hyoyeon are gone somewhere in the crowd. Seohyun sip the wine in her hand fidgety, she can feel there was a pair of eye keep staring at her.

 

She tried to concentrate talking with Wongeun whom she bumped coincidentally at the party but she felt the stare from her back keeps getting intense.

 

She knows who is it, it's Yonghwa’s eyes.

 

She excused herself from Wongeun and heading to the rest room, she tried to compose herself. Before she close the door, there is a hand blocking the door and push it open. Yonghwa walk in fast and lock the door behind him.

 

She was surprised by his impulsive behaviour.

 

How can he leave the party?

 

"What are you doing?" she asked.

 

"I should be the one to ask that, I suppose. What are you doing out there, Seohyun? Wearing this y dress and flirting with Wongeun."

 

"It's none of your business, Yonghwa. You should back to the party."

 

"No, I won't. Not when I can't leave you alone out there and be the victim of those pry eyes."

 

"You are impossible."

 

It's fortunate the rest room is empty when she come so no one would see how he trapped her in the sink, start to pull her nape and kiss her hard. Seohyun grab his collar, surprise by his attack. She try to push him but he is so strong and the kiss start to loosen her sanity.

 

Before she can refuse it more, she realize she just kiss him back with the same eagerness.

 

They stay that way a couple more second, battling their tongue, showing who is in the lead. She runs her hand in his hair, pulling him closer. His left hand circle her waist, his right hand stoke her tight.

 

Both of them are struggling with the desire, he start to give butterfly kiss on her neck up to her earlobe, a place he knows as her sensitive area. She moaned by the pleasure. Hearing her own moans make her get back her sanity. She started to push him to stop when he bit her ear.

 

They were panting hard and she knows their making out session make them looks really indecent right now. His eyes stare at her with desire. For a second they stay like that, just staring at each other, understanding what they both feels with no words in needed.

 

He wants her.

 

She wants him.

 

But it isn't right.

 

He should be back to the party before people realized he was gone. And she doesn't want making a scandal in her friend's wedding by making out in the rest room.

 

"You should go back."

 

"We should talk first."

 

"Later.. We can talk later."

 

"If only you accept me hyun.. Maybe we will be the one walking down the aisle and having the congratulatory greetings out there.." he let his words hanging.

 

He put back her shoulder strap that fall when he kiss her shoulder, rake his hair and his shirt so it look decent enough to people outside and giving her one last glance before leaving.

 

She stand there silently, froze in realization of what happen earlier. Yes it will be so simple if she accepted him that day.

 

 

She kept throwing glance at Yonghwa while he was putting some dessert pudding at the plate. He must have been feeling Seohyun gaze on him when suddenly his eyes met hers. He gave her a smile before walk to the bride and handed the plate to Shinhye who busily chat with her mother.

 

As a hard worker as she is, she always put her carrier first since her school day. Her competitive and perfectionist self can’t be that easily to change. She wants to earn what best, fair and square, everything by her own hard work.

 

He knows her best, but he was considerate enough to understand her and wait for her. But she was the one who reject him.

 

Is it too late for her to feel regret now?

 

Seohyun studied Shinhye in her white gown. She can be like her, a bride, loved and happy if she was not too cowards to admit his feelings to him and being committed.

 

She was not ready when he asked her that time.

 

She was afraid being too attached.

 

She knows what she wants now.

 

She wants Yonghwa.

 

Suddenly her accomplishment doesn’t feel important anymore.

 

She doesn’t have to be competitive all the time when she can took a step back and rest in the shoulder of the one who can give her comfort and understand her best.

 

She decides she will talk to him. And this time she will be honest, He will only hear the truth.

 

She can only hope, he still loves her enough to forgive her.

 

 

Seohyun stand silently waiting for Yonghwa until the party finished. When he was about to walk through the door, she block his path.

 

He was surprised by her sudden appearance but manage to keep his tone calm enough, “Seohyun?”

 

Giving him a small smile she said, “I think this is the right time to talk.”

 

She drags him to one of the small unlocked room that had been used by the family of the bride earlier.

 

After closing the door, she looks at him, anxiously.

 

“I realize you keep glancing at me meaningfully earlier. Why? Regret of your decision?”

 

Seohyun amaze by how this man always understand her just by looking at her eyes even before she says anything.

 

She decides to just saying the truth since he always know what’s inside her heart.

 

“Yes.”

 

“You know there is no one who understand you like I did, right? No one as considerate as me?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Then what you should say?”

 

She knows he wants to prolong her torture by making her saying the words.

 

“I’m a ?”

 

He laughed but shook his head.

 

She sighed.

 

“I regret it, Yong. If I said I want to come back at that time and accept your offer, what do you say?”

 

“Isn’t it too late for that? I hurt when you did that, Hyun. It’s hurt that after all this years, you still not even sure with me”

 

She bit her inside lips, feels her heart skip a beat, tears are in her eyes, ready to fall.

 

“I’m sorry, Yong. I’m such a fool for only realize how much you were meant to me now. I’m sorry I hurt you, I never know things would be like this. It’s not you I’m not sure of, It’s me. I’m afraid to committed and I’m selfishly just thinking about myself, my carrier, and my life over you. I never want to hurt people, until I realize I already did to you. When I saw Shinhye earlier, walking so beautifully and happy, I just realize I was such a fool.”

 

The tears that threatening to fall now fall freely in her cheek, her voice unclear with the sob she make. “I’m jealous by her courage of seeking her own happiness.”

 

Yonghwa cursed himself for being such a mean guy and make her cry. It wasn’t his intention at first, he just wants her to regret her decision and admit it.

 

He walk closer to her and wipe her tears, holding her cheek, he smile and hug her.

 

But it only makes her sobs getting harder.

 

“Almost half of my life just spent for loving you, Hyun-ah. Your rejection hurts me but at the wedding, I realize that I still loving you.. I love you, and I think I will keep loving you even until I grow old and ugly. What should we do, Seohyun-ah? We are such a fool for making thing turns out this way. But I can’t bare living without you anymore.”

 

Yonghwa’s hand her back then pat it lightly when he heard her sob gets harder and louder.

 

“I love you too, Yong. With all my heart. I’m sorry I just realize it now.”

 

He looks into her eyes, give her smile and search for her lips. Seohyun close her eyes, knowing exactly what will happen next.

 

Just when their lips was almost meet, the table suddenly shrieking.

 

They stop what they were about to do.

 

The noise behind the table can be heard clearly. Apparently they are not alone in the room as what they think they are.

 

They walk closer to the table, where the sound clearly heard earlier.

 

They got shocked.

 

“Shinhye..”

 

 

The brides still in her white dress, but her appearance not as decent as earlier. Clearly she was doing something naughty earlier in this room. “I.. uhmm.. I”

 

“Oh my God, are you here since earlier?” he asked.

 

They just got busted.

 

Suddenly the table move and show another human with an eye smile and disarray shirt. His tuxedo is somewhere gone inside the room.

 

“Minhyuk..”

 

“Why are you hiding under the table?” Yonghwa asked curiously.

 

“We didn’t mean to eavesdropping, but you suddenly come in and make us trapped here.”Minhyuk explain, feeling a bit guilty.

 

Yonghwa massage his forehead.

 

“Oh my God, you newlyweds really can’t wait till both of you in your honeymoon room to make out, eh?”

 

Minhyuk and Shinhye just smile shyly hearing his statement.

 

Even before the party finish, Shinhye already drag her groom to this room and make out with him.

 

The desire of pregnant lady, she just can’t resist.

 

But when they were just about to get in the mood, suddenly Yonghwa and Seohyun come to the room.

 

Panic, Shinhye and Minhyuk quickly hide under the table. She cursed them at first for ruin such a mood but never know they would hear such a blunt confession of a lover since high school who just breaking up last week, rare experience.

 

If only her dress doesn’t make her body weary in such position, she won’t accidentally kick the table and make some noise, revealing their secret hiding.

 

“At least we can hear something wonderful here.” Shinhye said, dragging her now husband to the door. “I think we will just continue in our room upstairs then. You two should continue where you left off too.”

 

“I’m happy knowing both of you already solve your problem and be together again. Yonghwa really devastated when you reject his marriage proposal last week, Seohyun-ah.” Minhyuk said.

 

“It’s your turn to invite us, though I can’t be your bestman like what you did to me today, Yonghwa. Annyeong,”he said, waving before closing the door.

 

Suddenly Seohyun chuckled. “It’s funny how not only us who got busted, but they were too.”

He laughed.

 

“Yeah, and knowing I’m the best man of those two who doing all the tiring job to keep entertain people while they were gone making out in this room is just too much.”

 

“You do a good job as a best man and a bridesmaid.”

 

“It’s hard to be both of it. I should keep my eyes for both groom and bride while the real bridesmaid hospitalized for stomachache before the party begin. I hope she will get well soon though.” He said.

 

“But, that’s not what important right now.” he added.

 

“Ne..”

 

“Where are we earlier?”

 

She smiles at his seductive voice. “I’m not sure..”

 

“It’s true I feel devastated and broken when we break up last week. For a whole week I felt like a soulful body. Busy schedule as a best man helps me a lot to get through it though.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“No need sorry anymore.”

 

He circles his hand in her waist. His right hand her cheek then his index finger touch her chin, keeping her eyes in his view, reading each other thoughts.

 

No words needed when their hearts are one.

 

The question and the ring can wait.

 

The answer is already shown clearly anyway.

 

Now is their moment.

 

When their lips met, they just forget the world.

 

END.

 

 

AN: How is it? I would never make a fanfic that make our Yongseo couple unhappy in the end.. I just can't..hehe..I hope you like it.

Some of you may curious about their past.it will be on epilogue next..

Thank you for all of you who already subscribes, comment and upvote..and thank you for all of you who already read it..

See you..