9

XiuHun Drabbles/Oneshots

2.6 kw

summary: “Well,” Minseok his lips, “I like the way he smells.”

notes: dunno what this is, just came to me


 

 

 

 

 

“Well,” Minseok his lips, “I like the way he smells.”

Like rock music, adrenaline, and uhmm...

.

Joonmyeon groaned when Minseok told him that. Minseok responded with a look. You asked. Although,  he knew that Joonmyeon’s what do you even like about him was probably not really asking for an answer, mostly just suggesting doubts about Sehun. Yet again. It’s not about Sehun per se, but with Sehun and Minseok - together. People don’t get them. The law student and the rocker, it’s just, it doesn’t make sense yeah. Incompatible. Plus the gap in age, only four years actually, but which seems more considerable given Sehun’s lack of maturity and sensibility.

And obviously, as Minseok’s bestfriend, Joonmyeon feels obliged to point these out, all the freakin time.

Fine, maybe Joonmyeon has known him long enough to catalogue what it takes to fall into Minseok’s “type”. And Sehun, obnoxious, bratty, stuck-up Sehun, doesn’t fit in the category. Aside from him being tall, he doesn’t. Minseok does seem to really like them tall.

But then, Sehun was the first one to take interest and when someone who looked like that was practically begging for it---well, Minseok’s only human. And single. And admittedly needed to get laid that night that they met.

It was supposed to be a one-time off too. But things happen, and maybe, Minseok really really likes how Sehun smells.

“Rock music?” Baekhyun had asked joining them in the couch of his and Chanyeol’s apartment. “What does that even smell like?” he challenges. “And adrenaline too? I know about sure, because, I mean,” he swept his thumb self-importantly down his body.

It’s sort of a mystery. It’s just, whenever Minseok could catch Sehun’s band, it’s like the smell of the bar or club or wherever they perform at is coming from their songs, while also constituting it - the music, the pumped-up feel, the strong bass, the heat. And after particularly good gigs, Minseok could smell it on Sehun – on his skin, on his sweat, clinging on his hair, on his breath, on his shirt when he manages not to lose it between sets. It should be weird, how he’s tallied all that. But it’s a strong smell not to catch. Strong and earthy – the smell of sun on skin, of rain on stone pavement, the smell of boy, and booze and cigarettes and weeds.

Joonmyeon raised an eyebrow at the last one and Minseok shrugged. Sehun’s in a band, it should not come as a surprise that he puffs. Besides, Minseok does too and Joonmyeon knows that. Law school could get a lot stressful.

It’s another thing that Sehun’s always after gigs, always grabbing Minseok, always had the excess energy. Adrenaline. Almost desperate, or a lot desperate, demanding hands all over him. Not just touches, caresses, but grip, strong hold, and push and pull, yanking, consuming, owning. A need so strong, so bad, you can taste it. Smell it. Adrenaline and .

“The smell of ual attraction, really hyung,” Baekhyun said. “You’re like an animal.”

“Can smell when your mate is in heat,” Chanyeol chimed having joined their conversation as well.

Minseok and Joonmyeon grimaced for different reasons. Minseok thinking – nah they don’t get it. But the beautiful thing was, it doesn’t matter. Minseok didn’t have to explain them - how he and Sehun worked. He didn’t think he could explain anyway.

Joonmyeon gave him a friendly slap then. Minseok was very familiar with it, it was Joonmyeon’s whatever floats your boat bro. Minseok was usually in the receiving end of that, but never really appreciated it before then, had always felt like a divide between him and his best friend honestly. That time though, was different. Joonmyeon wasn’t simply tolerating him, he’s giving him a go signal, a blessing. Minseok can’t help but slap Joonmyeon back.

-

Sehun smells exactly the way Minseok is expecting – familiar - when he opens the door to him and gets pounced on by the younger boy, hands coming straight to cup his face and kiss him. Hello and missed you at once, pressed against his lips. And then, Sehun's hands and lips are everywhere. Minseok barely retains the sense to kick the door shut before he's holding Sehun closer, into him, indulging him and at the same time trying to calm him down. Wet kisses and “god I missed you” are pressed all over his face, mouthed at his jaw, down his neck - Sehun almost crushing him against the wall - before the younger finally settles into Minseok's hug, relaxing.

 

From the small of Sehun's back, Minseok runs his hand upwards till his fingers can card through the hair at the back of Sehun's head. It’s nice – holding Sehun and Sehun melting into him. "Hey," he whispers just below Sehun's ear.

“Hi.”

Leaning Sehun's head back, he noses down the long line of Sehun's neck. Inhaling, nuzzling. Until Sehun is squirming and pulling back.

". I'm gross," he says. "I probably smell like the airport." His face crumples into a grimace of disgust and Minseok pushes up to his tiptoes, kissing it away. I don’t care.

"Went straight to me, didn't you?" Minseok teases, landing back to the sole of his feet and pulling Sehun down, nosing along his jawline – fleeting, lingering contact. Sehun groans. Yeah, there's the smell of travel clinging to Sehun, airport and people and wind.

"Yeah. I did," Sehun answers quietly, a little breathlessly like this is no joke for him and that simple yeah summarizes what it feels like the whole week of not seeing eachother. Minseok gets it. Sehun’s silent for a breath and then he recovers and steps away. "I'll do you a favour and go shower-"

"No," Minseok reaches for him, holds on to his hand, tugging him back against his body. "Later. I want to taste you, not soap."

Sehun’s expression slowly darkens into filthy scowl, like he can’t believe Minseok said that but that he really really wants it. He pushes up to Minseok, hands coming up to run up and down Minseok's side. "Is that so?" he mutters, voice rumbling, provoking.

Minseok his lips. An obscene yes.

Sehun’s hands go lower to Minseok's hips, his thighs until Minseok feels his feet leave the floor - Sehun trapping him between his body and the wall and slotting their hips together. They both gasp and Sehun's head falls forward, capturing Minseok' bottom lip between his. Minseok pulls his lip away, yanking on Sehun's hair, exposing his neck and a broad long, deliciously slow, stripe. Sehun's breath hitches. He shakes.

“."

Minseok can practically taste Busan off Sehun, can taste all those sets, all those screaming girls, the thrill and the exhaustion of tour. He bites on Sehun's skin earning himself a groan. He does it again, alternating biting, , until the skin is angry red.

Until it stings and Sehun has to tug him away and up for a kiss, Minseok pushing back on Sehun’s hips, hard. Sehun's mouth fell open and Minseok into his mouth, tastes redbull and mint candy and Sehun. Minseok doesn’t know who moans, it's gotten too hazy too fast.

Next thing, they're losing clothes. Walking back to the bedroom. Falling to bed.

Scrambling.

With the urgency and desperation of not seeing each other for long. But they slow down. Because this is not just missed you and want you so bad, but also been thinking about you, only you. Because they want to fall to what’s familiar, and touch all the places they’ve been craving to touch. To reclaim. Because it makes sense like this.

-

Minseok's favourite is how Sehun smells in the morning. It's still the same, but subdued. Mild. Calming.

Sehun hands him his second cup of coffee before collapsing on top of him on the lounge chair, head falling on Minseok's shoulder. "Thanks," Minseok mumbles belatedly against Sehun's hair. It smells of Minseok's shampoo.

On one of his hands, he has his coffee and on the other, a case file he's reviewing, Sehun in between them. All of the most important things in his life, inside his arms. He puts the files down on the balcony floor, the coffee on the small table, and holds Sehun with both hands. Now, only the most important. Sehun nuzzles into him, sleepy-soft and heavy and warm. Minseok smiles against his hair.

Sehun has this habit: waking up when Minseok does - not wanting to get left alone in bed; and then following Minseok around the house, the kitchen while making coffee, breakfast; draping himself all over him, falling asleep all over him.

Minseok leans down. Sehun's dozing again, his eyelashes falling over his cheeks; the sunlight hitting him making his lashes appear golden. All of his six foot frame feels small tucked into Minseok like this, his sharp bones digging into Minseok, a little painfully but not uncomfortable, their legs tangled together. Sehun likes folding his jeans up his ankles, claiming his ankles must be free at all times. And Minseok laughed the first time he saw Sehun fold his pajama as well. Now, it only makes him smile - looking at the flawless stripe of skin and tendons that show from Sehun's folded pajama.

"What are you smiling about?" Sehun mumbles against the fabric of Minseok's shirt. Because, apparently, he's not asleep.

Minseok presses his smile on the crown of Sehun's head, rubs his hand on the beautiful curve of Sehun's back. "Just happy," he says quietly.

Sehun hums then lifts his head to look at him, smile, a little bashfully. After all this time, the way Sehun's eye crinkle to crescents while he smiles still makes Minseok's chest light. Sehun leans forward and brushes their lips together, feather-light. "Me too," he whispers, punctuating it with a deeper kiss.

He settles back on Minseok's chest, studying him. If Sehun's not half-asleep as he is, he would have taken the micky, tell Minseok he's being all soft and sappy. That's why morning Sehun, is Minseok’s favourite especially for moments like this.

"Do you know," Minseok starts, hands moving up from Sehun's back to the soft locks of his hair, "according to studies, smells bring back the strongest of memories."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," Minseok affirms then he takes a huge inhale, his chest rising with it, and Sehun too. He closes his eyes, inhaling again.

"What are you doing?" Sehun ask s, the hint of laughter lacing his voice.

"I'm remembering this." Minseok opens his eyes, finds Sehun’s. "You."

"U-hu. And what does this smell like?" Sehun asks, pushing up on his hand and crawling on top of him, his face hovering out of kissing distance, expectant, goading. "How do I?"

Minseok runs his palms on the fabric of Sehun’s pajama, up, up, till he’s cupping his . He considers giving the same answer he gave to Joonmyeon, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. But that's an answer you give to the outsider of this, from this moment, to someone who doesn't understand. And Sehun will probably not to let him live down the cliché of what he's about to say next but, well, he asked.

"Home," Minseok answers finally, hands now on Sehun’s hips. "This. You. Smell like home."

"Oh," Sehun says, his eyes widening slightly. And he sits up, the milky skin of his face not doing anything to hide the flush invading it. "Really--that's—cute--wow I—that’s really so cute, I dunno why—I-"

Minseok laughs, he can’t help it. And Sehun, he looks put-out, embarrassed. He probably thinks Minseok’s joking. Doing it for the sole purpose of embarrassing him, which Minseok always does. Sehun jabs him on the sternum, Minseok yelps. Sehun might have no qualms overstepping boundaries and being generally shameless, but when he gets shy, he gets shy. And making him flustered, blushing and stuttering has become one of Minseok’s hobbies.

Minseok picks his coffee, sips some, but mostly he just hides his grin behind the cup as he watches Sehun pout at him, crumpling Minseok’s shirt and reprimanding him with: "awful", "not funny", "I thought we're having a moment", “you’re an idiot.”

Minseok isn't lying though. His bedroom, his sheets, his pillows, they all smell like Sehun. And whenever they don't, Minseok notices. It doesn’t feel right. Before meeting Sehun, he's got the flat only for a few months and Minseok pretended to enjoy those months of wide, vacant unfamiliar and impersonal space.  Until Sehun started messing around the place, leaving his traces, his smell and warmth in Minseok's bed, in his life.

With his free hand, Minseok reaches out for Sehun and laces their fingers together. "What I'm really saying is," he says before Sehun can say anything more. "What I'm saying is," Minseok pauses, then: "you should move in.”

Sehun makes a little sound of surprise, jerking from his seat on Minseok's lap and making Minseok spill some coffee down his front and the balcony floor. He groans, putting his coffee safely away.

"You're not joking? Move in? Me?" Sehun is saying, his voice escalating in a pitch he'll definitely deny later on. "Here? With you?"

"Yeah-no," Minseok says, stopping short of laughing, "in case you have some other boyfriend you'd like to move in with--ow!"

Sehun smacked him in the face. And then goes and buries his embarrassed grin on Minseok's neck, hiding. He always does whenever Minseok makes a grand gesture or says a grand declaration. Romance is not their thing. They’re both straight-forward, a little too casual. Easy.

Minseok can feel the heat of Sehun's face radiating against the bare skin of his neck. He can’t help but laugh at him, at his silliness but he lets Sehun hide for a moment, holding him.

Maybe Sehun is trying to retain some dignity, because when he resurfaces, he starts to talk a hundred miles per hour, his nose in the air. "You know I wouldn't say no to that hyung, you've seen our place, there's only one window, it always smells like unwashed clothes, of course you know that, you're the one who made that comment. I'm just a little surprised is all. I mean, you never even--you haven't even given me a spare key yeah. Feels like that's the obvious next step, been waiting for it honestly and I thought that's what you'll say. But I guess who cares about proper steps righ-"

Minseok reaches up and clasps both hands over Sehun's mouth. "Babe for the love of god, shut up," he laughs. "I only need a okay or a no."

Sehun wraps his fingers on Minseok's small wrists and tugs his hands down, forcefully. " yes," he says, suddenly back to being himself. "I'm not an idiot."

"No?"

" you."

And that’s Sehun for you, when he’s wide awake and kicking. He presses down on Minseok, kissing all over him like he did the night before and Minseok has to shut his eyes, because it's sloppy and open mouthed and Sehun's doing it on purpose, almost drooling over him. Minseok has to literally wipe his face with his shirt after Sehun pulls away, grinning.

"Coffee," Sehun declares. "You smell like coffee, tastes like it. Whenever I smell coffee, I remember you. Always." Sehun leans down and kisses him again, chastely this time. “Always,” he mutters against Minseok's lips, noses down his jaw, his neck.

Suddenly, he comes up with a teasing grin. Minseok saw this one coming.

“I smell like home huh?”

And so it begins.