Chapter 3

All She Wrote

Seeing


 

 

 

 

Yells.

 

 

I could hear yells-- sounds of an argument-- as they grabbed hold of my consciousness, pulling me back to reality from the world of sleep. Opening heavy lids half way, I groaned, shifting my head to turn towards the source of the noise.

 

 

It was the window by the tree.

 

I could make out the figures, but my mind was still far gone to register what was being spoken. The figure was shouting at another, the other shouting back. They moved their hands animatedly as their mouths moved in fury. The other figure walked away, the sound of a door slamming reached my ears and just as sudden as it came, the noise was gone.

 

The other figure paced, instinctively going towards the window and opening it like it was an innate action. Just when he was going to reach across to grab the tree, he stopped and slowly went back inside his own room. Grabbing something in the distance, I heard the door slam close once again before it was quiet again.

 

A chilling breeze passed through the room, caressing my skin as I shivered from the touch. I heard it faintly, a light hum, as it felt as if someone was gently through my hair. The touch slowly calming and relaxing me back into the unconscious realm I was once in.

 

Maybe it was because I was to tired from having to be woken up at such an early time to question the event that just happened. Maybe it was because that I was tired and half awake that my mind dismissed that most of this occurred. The humming now engulfed my ears, the feeling through my locks grew too comforting.

 

 

 

My consciousness was quickly fading and it was with that my eyes closed back.

 

 

 

 

“You sure call me hell of early.”

 

 

 

"Early? It's like ten."

 

 

 

 

"Exactly. Early."

 

 

I chuckled as I watched my friend through the device screen. The brunette on the other end was facing on another area beside the screen, eyeliner in hand, as he poked his tongue out in concentration.

 

 

“Well at least I’m calling early than not at all.” I retorted.

 

 

“Thats true, huh.” Baekhyun smiled to the screen as he turned back to doing his make up. “What were you planning on doing today? Gonna go flirt with them neighbour boys?”

 

 

Flirt.” I scoffed. “I do not flirt with guys I barely met.”

 

 

Baekhyun paused his actions to give me a pointed look.

 

 

“Oh shut up.” I rolled my eyes, smile lightly grazing my face. “What are you putting liner on so early in the morning for?”

 

 

“You know that hot guy I was telling you about yesterday?”

 

 

“Yeah.”

 

 

“Well he’s about to be my boyfriend once I see him again.” Baekhyun smirked at me, face screaming pure confidence so much that I couldn’t help but laugh at him.

 

 

“Go get him, tiger.” I stopped laughing as something popped into my mind. “Speaking of yesterday... Baekhyun?”

 

 

“Listening.”

 

 

“What did you mean about that ‘her’ that you... saw.” I wanted to put my mind at complete ease and get passed this paranoia.

 

 

“Her?” Baekhyun cocked an eyebrow before his face went into realization. “Oh! I was just joking. You were taking so long that I wanted to get back at you. Why? Did you get scared?” He grinned tauntingly.

 

 

“Yes!” I pouted but inside I felt a bit lighter. “Why am I still friends with you?”

 

 

“Because we’re like peas and carrots, Soo.” Baekhyun winked at me. “Besides, you don’t really believe in ghost do you?”

 

 

‘Do I?’ I wondered.

 

 

“No.” I stated firmly, a chill running down my spine unconsciously.

 

 

“Same.” Baekhyun leaned back in his chair. “But you know, ‘seeing is believing’. We wont ever know until we experience something ourselves.”

 

 

“Kyungsoo sweetie!” I heard from downstairs.

 

 

“Gotta go Baek. Good luck with your guy.”

 

 

“Thanks. Bye Soo.” I watched my friend wave off before the screen went blank. Closing the laptop, I made my way downstairs to where I estimated the voice location.

 

 

 

I walked into this kitchen and saw myparents putting grocery bags down upon the kitchen counter.

 

 

“Oh sweetie!” My mom snapped up when she saw me. “Your father and I have to go run back to the stores to go get some more things. Can you finished putting these groceries up for us? We might be gone for a few hours.”

 

 

‘A few hours left alone here...’ I didn’t want them to know that I was still slightly afraid of this house.

 

 

“No problem.” I smiled brightly, assuring my mom I would be fine with the task.

 

 

She walked over and placed a kiss on my forehead. “Call us if you need anything, alright?”

 

 

I nodded, wiping away the area my mother kissed meat. “I’ll be fine. I’m a big kid now mom. Now go on so you two can be back sooner.”

 

 

I watched as my parents walked out, letting out a unknown held breath as I heard the door close behind them, signalling their departure.

 

 

The silence engulfed the room, enough of it to make me shift uneasy in my spot before I turned to the grocery bags. “Well let’s start with the cabinet foods.”

 

 

Taking a bag in my arms, I trotted over to the cabinets, humming as I walked along. Placing the bag down, I began to separate the items inside from cans to boxes to food that was to go in the refrigerator. I continued my work in content until I heard a noise.

 

 

Knock, Knock.

 

 

I stopped, whipping my head in the direction of the noise. Leaving the last bag on the floor near the counter, I moved my body towards the front door where the noise originated.

 

 

I opened the front door slowly, eyes being greeted by the familiar body I had talked with before.

 

 

"Hey," Suho greeted with a smile so gentle it made my heart skip a beat. "How are you?"

 

 

"I, uh, I'm great." I mentally slapped myself for stuttering.  "You?"

 

 

"I'm doing good." Suho scratched the back of his head nervously.  "I was wondering if you wanted to go look around town with me today. If you still wanted to that is. "

 

 

"Yes! I mean,um, yeah," I cleared my throat nervously as I felt my face heat at the outburst. "I just have to put on last bag up inside."

 

 

A cool breeze grazed the back of my arm, the feeling making me reflexively turn back to look inside the house.

 

 

"You okay?" Suho asked, I turned back and saw quirked a brow at me.

 

 

"Yeah, I was just thinking..." I shook the feeling off. “ Would you like to come inside while I put things up? I'd hate to have you waiting out here. ”

 

 

"Sure," Suho stepped inside the house as I stepped aside for him. "It's been awhile since I've been in here. "

 

 

I stopped at the kitchen door frame looking back at Suho. The latter was trailing his eyes around the interior, almost as if he was observing a change in the room.

 

 

"You've been in here before?" I watched as Suho stopped looking to instead turn and give a melancholic smile.

 

 

"I knew they person who use to live here... We were very close." Suho looked down at the floorboard.

 

 

"What happened to the person?" I felt uneasy as a heavy silence filled the room following my question.

 

 

"She.. left me."

 

 

I felt a small dread and sympathy fill inside of me after sinking in the information. "Oh, I'm sorry to-"

 

 

"It's fine." Suho assured with a brighter smile. "I have moved on now. What did you have to do again?"

 

 

"Oh yeah!" I turned around to walk into the kitchen, glad he wanted to move on from the topic and didn’t seem hurt. "I was-"

 

 

 

 

I stopped as I tripped over an object in front of me causing me to collide with the floor. I groaned as I pushed myself to sit up. Suho was quick to run by my side.

 

 

"Are you okay?" Suho asked worriedly as he helped me to my feet. "You shouldn't leave items in the middle of the doorway.”

 

 

“In the middle of the...” I looked towards the object I tripped over.

 

 

The grocery bag.

 

 

‘Didn’t I leave that by the counter..?’ I was sure I did, but right now the situation had me questioning myself.

 

 

Suho walked over to the bag lifting it up. “Want me to help you put these up so we can head out?”

 

 

I smiled, my mind dismissing the phenomenon as a small incident of my carelessness.

 

 

“That’d be great.”

 

 

 

 

 

I fell back on my bed with a content sigh. Hours later from touring around town with Suho after I called my parents to inform them I was out the house, I made it back home. The town wasn’t as bad as I thought it was. It had two massive arcades, a great book store, the music stores were beautiful as well. The best part of the day was spending time with that gorgeous smile and charming personality that made me feel like squealing like a teenage girl. Sorry if I’m talking a bit off terms about him.

 

The day had turned so eventful all of the sudden that it drained the rest of my energy from my body. Sliding my eyes close, I fell into a dreamless slumber.

 

 

Or so it felt...

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

I felt it.

 

 

The eyes the eyes that bore into my body. A feeling as if someone was watching me.

 

 

My eyes hazily fluttered open as I gazed down to the foot of the bed. I saw nothing there except my dresser in the far distance.

 

 

My eyes dragged closed before I willed them half- opened in my drowsy state.

 

 

This time I saw something.

 

 

White.

 

 

Through the illuminations of the moon I saw something in white by the end of my bed now.

 

 

My eyes closed again before I opened them fully this time to observe the space. There was nothing there again.

 

 

‘I’m going crazy...’ I thought again as I sighed.

 

 

I closed my eyes back as I turned over on my side towards the window. Letting out another deep exhale, I pulled the blankets further up my freezing  upper body, the icy air in the room was too cold right now.

 

 

I opened my eyes one last time but now it was different.

 

 

Dark coal eyes looked back into my own, inky hair fell on either side of a snow white face. The figure, a girl, moved back with my unwavering eyes watching her retreat back a few paces. I found myself captured in the moment. I could see the rest of her body, all covered with a white gown that left only her wrist and ankles exposed. The dark mane draped over her chest while the rest down her back. She didn’t smile or frown with her pink lips, but I couldn’t find any word to fit her but ‘beautiful’.

 

 

But then I blinked. I wished to the heavens that I didn’t once I did. It was like the midnight spell broke from her, the luring enchantment was gone.

 

 

I looked back at the girl, body now bloodied along her clothes. Her hair was now cut short, stopping no further than at her neck where the end of a cut on both sides reached from behind. Her ankles and wrist were cut and restitched and Kyungsoo could even count the number of bloody stitches that failed to stop the red liquid that still seemed to have seeped out.

 

 

 

Her face, my body is trembling thinking about it. Her face was now dirtied, stains sanguine and coal upon it. Held along with it was the stitched mouth like patched-up doll, was now crimson red.

 

 

 

And she watched me. The onyx eyes that looked into my own and scared the depths of my soul.

 

 

My heart trashed against my chest fighting to be released, the adrenaline of fear made my body shake violently as I let out a horrified scream into the silence of the night.

 

That was the first time I saw her.