Chapter 6

Too Far Out

Chapter six

“What’s your problem with me anyway?!” I ask Han severely as he finally makes his way down the stairs. I have been waiting for him at the bottom since we finished our practical and I really didn’t appreciate his earlier actions.

He embarrassed me for no reason and that was a move on his part. What did I ever do to him, besides bruise his ego- if that even counts as an offence.

“I don’t have a problem with you. Why would I?” he ask me in a frustratingly cool and collected manner that irks me to no end. What is this guy’s problem anyway?

I take a second to collect myself before shoving his exam pad into his arms, causing him to jolt backwards at the slight force I put behind the transfer. Looking at him stark in the eyes I release a long held and kept breath before finally speaking again- trying best not to show my weaker more temperamental side.

“Look,” I say calmly and he quietly listens with an interested l expression on his face, waiting patiently for me to get to the point. “I don’t know why you’re being like this and quite frankly I don’t care. I don’t want to fight with you so what say we just go back to the way we were before; you ignoring me and me trying not to notice all the weird looks you keep on giving me in class. I’m fine with you having a problem with me, as long as you don’t inconvenience me with it by talking to me about things that aren’t school related, okay?” I ask sweetly, though I’m sure the bitterness in my voice is evident even through the fake smile I have on. Well, nobody can say I didn’t try to be nice no can they?

I watch as Han nods a little bit before giving me another one of those irritating meaningful looks he always gives me. The action makes me want to hit him but I restrain myself and settle with just a question.

“Why the hell do you keep looking at me like that?” It comes out a bit more exacting than I intend for it to and that causes Han to laugh because apparently my annoyance is amusing to him. I cross my arms over my chest defensively and wait for he is laughter to die down before I shoot my next question at him.

“What is it exactly that is so funny?” I ask in a softer tone that still shouts “exasperated” but isn’t quite as demanding as the previous one I used. I don’t know what is up with this guy but it’s getting old and I’m sick of it now.

“It’s you,” he simply says to me in response without a hint of hesitation. I raise my brow at the answer I get but don’t have an opportunity to ask what he means as he is way ahead of me. “You can’ even see that you’re living in a lie.” He says with a smirk on his face that gives way to a disappointed expression before returning soon after as if nothing has ever changed.

I watch him push past me, showing me with a dismissive wave of his hand that he’s done with this conversation as he utters a few final words to me before turning the corner that will lead him to his the school gate as it is the end of the day.

“You can’t even see that I’m not the one that has a problem with you…”

His voice drifts off as he walks out of my sight and I think for a few minutes what that could possibly mean.

If he’s not the one with a problem with me, then who the hell else is?

***

 

Hey dear readers.

I'm sorry to have been gone for so long but life sort of had its way with me. But no worries, I'm back and I can't promise regular updates for any of my fics but I can confidently say that I will definately make time to update each one in turn so please be patient with me if it does take a while before the next chapt. Just know that I missed all of you and I really wish you all had a lovely festive season and a Merry Merry Christmas. I also hope for the new yar to bring much joy and love for us all <3

Just one thing from an authors pov here; I'd really love to hear more from all of you on this fic because so far I feel like I'm writing blindly and I don't really know how you all feel about the direction I've decided to take for this fic.

I hope to hear more from you all before the New year and lets all stay blessed ;*