seven

Say Something

"…Have you met someone else?" Dara asked as her mind brought up an image of his leading lady.

"What? No! I would never do that to you. You know that."

Dara scoffed and raised an eyebrow at his words. "Do I?"

There was silence for the next ten seconds.

"Sign the papers, Dara."

"Not until you tell me why. I told you when we first started dating. You're the one who told me that it didn't matter to you. That there were other ways we could have children."

"Things changed," He repeated softly.

"Then tell me what changed! I need to know Seunghyun!"

"What does is matter now? We're getting divorced!"

"Because you wanted to!"

Her loud words were met with silence again.

"We were married for three years Seunghyun. Please—I have to know why."

When he still didn't respond, Dara struggled to swallow the despair rising in .

As her eyes glazed over with tears, she quickly looked back down at the papers in front of her.

She could barely make out the crosses where she needed to sign as she scribbled her signature angrily.

"Dara…"

She didn't pause in her signing.

"Don't! If you're not going to answer my questions then I don't want to hear a word you have to say. You want to get out of this marriage then out you'll be."

A sob escaped and she began to sign quicker.

"We should never have got married…I should never have got married," she whispered.

"Dara…"

"I said don't!"

His hand reached out and grabbed her signing hand.

"Don't!" she cried as she wrenched her hand away from under his.

Reaching out to remove the papers from under his outstretched arm, she brought them down to her lap.

Tears dripped onto the sheets as she scrawled her signature everywhere.

"I should never have got married," she said quietly to herself.

"It isn't your fault Dara."

Dara's mouth opened to let out a loud scoff but with the sobs contained in , it came out as a gurgle.

She wiped at her eyes angrily and fixed them bitterly on her soon to be ex-husband.

"It isn't my fault?" she cried out sarcastically. "I'm the one who can't give you a child! I'm the reason why we're divorcing! I'm the reason—"

Her voice broke as a series of sobs compressed her chest.

With her eyes closed, she didn't see Seunghyun stand from his chair and move around to her side until she felt his hands touch hers.

She tried to jerk them away but he held on tight. Crouching down so they were both level, one of his arms came to palm her cheek.

His fingers wiped her tears away as she twisted her head away from his touch.

"Don't t-touch me. Seunghyun- d-don't."

He ignored her and simply murmured for her to hush.

That only caused her to cry harder.

When he moved forward to pull her against him, Dara sank into his body without hesitation.

Her face burrowed against the warmth of his chest and she fisted his shirt in both hands as she wept.

"I can't give you a baby!" she cried. "I can't give anyone a baby! It's all my fault!"

Seunghyun's body was yanked from her hold as he moved backwards at her words.

Dara's fists dropped heavily to her sides as she stared at him.

"It isn't your fault Dara…It's mine."

Dara's brow furrowed at his words. "What?" she murmured.

Seunghyun stood and backed away from her.

Dara's head tilted upwards so she could look at his face.

"It's isn't your fault that we can't have a baby…It's because of me. It's my fault. It's all my fault."

Dara's throat closed up at his words. Her brain struggled to comprehend.

"What?" was all she managed to choke out.

"It's all my fault," Seunghyun said softly. He looked like he was in a trance, saying the words to himself.

And then he came back to reality and with one last look at her, he quickly strode towards the door.

Dara gasped in a breath. Her body turned in her chair to follow his body as he hurried away.

"Seunghyun…"

He paused when he reached the doors. Turning back, Dara saw his own face was wet with tears.

"Sign the papers, Dara. Please…sign the papers."

And then he opened the door and walked out.


word count: 735



a/n:

i'd like to thank my dad who served as the proofreader for this fic. he demanded i credit him. lol