six

Say Something

Dara couldn't believe it had come to this.

She hadn't seen Seunghyun since the day of their last meeting six days ago. Now a week later, they had once again come together to sign their divorce certificates.

After today, she would officially be Dara Park again.

She stood outside the door to the room that would change her world and took in a deep breath.

For two days after their last counseling meeting, Seunghyun had tried to contact her through calls and by text.

She had ignored his attempts, not being ready yet to hear his explanations and reasons.

She was ready now.

She opened the doors with one strong push and the sound caused the men in the room to turn their heads over to her.

"Miss Park," her lawyer greeted. Hearing her maiden name hurt her.

Dara gave him a tight smile before nodding her head to the other two occupants of the room.

Seunghyun's lawyer murmured her name briefly and Seunghyun said nothing.

He didn't even look at her.

She walked over to the table they were all seated at and took her own seat.

Seunghyun's lawyer cleared his throat. "Well, now that we are all here we can get down to the signing. My client has already signed in the necessary places so Miss Park—if you will?"

Dara stared at the pen being handed to her. She took it woodenly and looked down at the pieces of paper that had been placed in front of her.

The pen hung limp in her hands.

"May I have a moment alone with Seunghyun please?"

She directed the question to the lawyers and saw Seunghyun's head fly up at her words.

Her lawyer agreed instantly. Seunghyun's waited until he'd been given a nod of approval.

Both then moved out of the room.

The silence prickled uncomfortably up Dara's back and she cleared .

"I want to know why," she told him from across the table.

She knew when Seunghyun registered her question because his sharp jaw tightened.

When he didn't immediately reply, Dara forced to remain shut.

"Know what?" he finally said.

Dara simply stared at him for two seconds.

Really? He was really going to do it like this?

"I want to know why you lied to me," she stressed each word.

Seunghyun shifted in his chair and briefly glanced away from her before looking back.

Dara gritted her teeth and forced her eyes to stare right back into his.

"...Sign the papers, Dara."

Dara took in a deep breath. "I deserve to know Seunghyun. Why? You said—"

"I know what I said," he cut in. "But things have changed." It was a whisper.

And it broke her.


word count: 455