Mary Me!

Marry Me!

They stood side by side when waited for green light in silence. Since Chinese restaurant they didn’t said any words. When the traffic light showed green light, Yonghwa hold Seohyun hand, then they crossed the road together. Seohyun hide her smile with looking to another direction. Meanwhile, Yonghwa who happy because Seohyun didn’t push his hand, smile wide like a fool.

They arrived in opposite road, but Yonghwa dragged Seohyun to where his car parked instead to her office building.

“Where we will going?” Seohyun asked as she try to pulled her hand. Yonghwa stop walking.

“You didn’t need your bag, wallet and phone?” Yonghwa remind her about the bag and phone that she left last night in his apartment. 

“Tsk, where is your car?” She said as she walk first. Yonghwa chase after her, hold her hand then they walking hand in hand until arrived in his car.

Yonghwa open passenger back door, then slightly pushed Seohyun enter the car. Yonghwa also enter the car.

“What’s wrong?” She asked as she moved inside.

“I think I can’t concentrate with anything before ask this to you”

“What?”

“Wonie? You call him Wonie?” Yonghwa said with jealous expression. Seohyun grinned. “Its not your first time meeting him, right?”

“No. it’s our first time”

“Our? And you already call each other comfortably?”Yonghwa hate heard Seohyun call her and Wongeun as our.

Me and him are same age oppa” Seohyun said “me and him” with pressuring. Yonghwa want to protest but Seohyun quickly add “We meet with for married so we think it’s much better to start with call each other comfortably”

“You… you intend to married with him?” Yonghwa asked with hurt expression.

“I didn’t know should I say sorry or not to you, but……. when I agree to meet him, I have commit to try love him”

“So, you want to continue to try love him?”

“You want me to?”

“No. Of course not” Yonghwa replied quickly in panic toned. Seohyun giggled.

“It’s funny for you?”

Seohyun nodded while bitted her lower lips to hold back her laughed, Younghwa sighed.

“I guess you not love me as much I love you” he said

“Why you think like that?”

“I unintentionally reject you yesterday and today you meet with your new husband-to-be”

“I’m frustrated okay. My parents forced me to married soon, you never make a move, my mom said to leave you and meet her friends son, then you reject me. It’s just make realize what my mom said it’s true. So, I’m just heartbroken woman who sick with her mom nagging, but then try to be loyal daughter”

“Sorry” said Yonghwa softly and caressed Seohyun cheek lovely. They only look into each other eyes without saying anything for a moment.

“I need to back to work. My lunch break almost end” Seohyun broke the silence. Yonghwa come out from car, then open the front passenger door. He take out Seohyun’s bag and give to her who already stood beside him.

“I’ll fetch you later”

“I can go back home alone” Seohyun replied as she take her bag from Yonghwa hand.

“But I want”

“I think it’s not your place to nagging”

Yonghwa sighed. He know Seohyun still punish him.

“Fine” He said as he take one step forwards, kiss Seohyun cheek.

“Then, bye”

“Don’t said bye it’s make me worried”

Seohyun rolled her eyes, “Then, see you later oppa”

Yonghwa smile and wave his hand to Seohyun who already walks away.

 

 

 

 Yonghwa is man who keep his words. Since three days ago, he keep on proposed to Seohyun, and Seohyun keep on rejected him. Her mother who can’t get what Seohyun have in her mind, this morning tell Seohyun her thought.

“I can’t understand you Kwon Seohyun. Before, when he never proposed, I asked you to leave him but you didn’t. Now, he proposed to you, you leaved him”

“I’m not leave him mom”

“So you play hard to get games?”

“No…. He rejected me but proposed me in next day. I just want to make sure he really serious about marrying me. After all he said he would proposed to me everyday until I say yes. If he can keep his words, then I can start to believe him again

Her mother sighed.

“Just don’t to harsh to him, Hyunie. He is man with pride too. Don’t make you regret if he leave you in the future because he think he is on the edge of lost his pride because you keep pushing him” her father said

Seohyun have deep thought about her father words.

 

 

Three days ago (next day after Yonghwa proposed at Chinese restaurant)

Seohyun back to her room after have lunch. When she enter her room her surprise found her room become flower store. Lilies fill every space in her room, only give her a little space to her walk to her desk. There is one bouquet on top her desk with big pink card. She open the card then smiled when read that sort message.

            Will you marry me?

Someone enter her room. She lift her head and her eyes meet the figure who enter her room with proud smile. Yonghwa face smiling when saw Seohyun smile when read his card. Yonghwa approached Seohyun without broke their gazed. Yonghwa kneeled in front Seohyun then take the ring box out.

“Will you married me Hyun?” he asked after he open the box, showing the ring to Seohyun.

Seohyun still smile as her hand stretch out to the ring box. Then Her smiled died as she closed the open ring box while said, “Maybe later”

Yonghwa smile fade away. He sighed then stood up.

“You really means when you said I should proposed you everyday”

“Why? Already tired?”

“No” He answered quickly. He move forward, kiss Seohyun forehead. “I’ll fetch you later” he said before walks to the door.

His hand in door handle, but he turn his head to Seohyun then said, “Oh I’ll take out this flower out from your room quickly, don’t worry”  Yonghwa said

“No I’ll take it”

“…okay” Yonghwa hide his smile.

“At least she likes the flower” Yonghwa said in his mind

 

 

Two days ago

Seohyun surprise found Yonghwa in her office lobby. Yonghwa didn’t tell her that he would fetched her.

“Have dinner with me Hyun, please” He said. Seohyun nodded.

They have dinner in Seohyun favorite restaurant. They talked casually. They interaction is like normal couple. Their desert come. It was cake with ice ream. Yonghwa look to Seohyun excitedly when the waiters serve her plate. He anticipate Seohyun reaction when saw her plate. Yonghwa asked the chef to write “will you marry me” on Seohyun plate.

One.

 

Two.

 

Three.

 

Nothing.

Seohyun didn’t said anything or looks surprise. Yonghwa lift his a little bit to take a peek into Seohyun plate. He sighed after he saw Seohyun already wipe the chocolate words “will you marry me” with her cake.

“It’s ‘No’ again?” Yonghwa know the answered but still ask.

“It’s delicious” Seohyun said, didn’t care with Yonghwa question.

“It’s okay I already make one hundred plan of proposed” Yonghwa said before ate his dessert.

 

 

Yesterday.

To day is Saturday, her off day. She woke up late today. She check her watch and decide to wake up when saw it was already 11 AM. She take a bath first, then come out from her room. The smells of fried chicken make her stomach hungry. She walks to kitchen but surprise found Yonghwa at her livingroom watched television with her father.

“Good morning sleeping beauty” Yonghwa .

“Finally you wake up” her father said.

“Yong~ come here a minute” said her mother. Her head come out from kitchen. “Oh Hyunie, you wake up”

Yonghwa walks to kitchen as said “You need my help omma?”

“Omma?” Seohyun give “I don’t understand” looks to Yonghwa. Yonghwa just give her wink as an answered. Seohyun walks to living room, sit beside her father.

“What happen when I still sleep appa?” Seohyun asked  with curious looks.

“Why?” her father grinned

“Yesterday omma give Yong oppa cold shoulder when he send me home, but today”

“Just ask your mother”

“Appa!”

Her father laughed but still didn’t tell her what is make her mother treat Yonghwa well.

 

After lunch Yonghwa asked Seohyun to hang out. Seohyun didn’t want first, but her mother scary eyes makes her agree.

“What have you did to my mother oppa?” Seohyun asked when they already in Yonghwa car.

“What you means?” he asked as his car start moved.

“Yesterday she gave you cold shoulder but today she treat you well”

“Oooh. I didn’t do anything”

“Don’t lie to me oppa. You know I still learn to believe you again, don’t make everything back to zero again” Seohyun threaten Yonghwa.

“I’m not. I just ask your parent permission to marry you” Yonghwa said in flat tone.

“You what?” Seohyun surprise with Yonghwa confession.

“Why? You don’t like it?”

“You know so well I can’t win against my mother so, you use this to make me say yes. Right?”

“Omo. You think too much Hyun. I’m never thought about that. But thank you to give me suggestion. I know now how to make you say yes”

“Tsk” Seohyun pouted.

 

They go to theater, after watch Avatar, Yonghwa ask Seohyun to have walk to near restaurant, leave the car in theater’s  parking area. In their way to found restaurant, they saw painter. Yonghwa ask Seohyun to have paint of their face. Yonghwa choose chatting concept; painter will draw them with bubble text, they can write by their self what they want to said into bubble text. Yonghwa and Seohyun didn’t move for three minutes, after the painter finished draw  the outline of their face, they can move freely again. They wait while eat red bean iced that Yonghwa bought in near stall.

“Finish” said the painter. “Who will write first?”. Yonghwa lift his hand, his mouth full with red bean iced. He put the plastic glass on the ground then took the drawing paper and pen after make sure his hands clean. After he finished wrote he give the drawing paper an pen to Seohyun.

            Will you marry me

Seohyun give Yonghwa smile. Yonghwa can’t guess what Seohyun write. Even after Seohyun smile he still didn’t want to assume she give him yes answer. He didn’t want his hope fly too high.

Seohyun give back the paper to Yonghwa. Yonghwa quickly read Seohyun bubble text. He smile bitter.

“Yes” she write in big size. Then write something below that with small size “You want to hear that? Maybe next time oppa”

 

 

(present)

 

“Just don’t to harsh to him, Hyunie. He is man with pride too. Don’t make you regret if he leave you in the future because he think he is on the edge of lost his pride because you keep pushing him” her father said

Seohyun have deep thought about her father words.

She still didn’t want to said yes to Yonghwa soon. Call her childish, she enjoy to saw Yonghwa’s disappointed face when she reject his proposed. But what her father said it’s right.

“If he proposed again to me today I’ll said yes” she thought.

 

It’s time to back home, Seohyun’s phone ringing. Yonghwa call her.

“Yoboseo?”

“Hyun sorry I can’t fetch you. I have new cases, the difficult one, so I’ll have over time today. You must back home alone, sorry”

“It’s okay oppa”

“Mr Jung” a woman call Yonghwa. Seohyun lift her eyebrows, wondered who is she.

“Sorry Hyun I must back to work. Be”

“Okay bye” Seohyun cut the line. She throw her phone to her bag, he take her bag then walk out from her office room. But the ring of her phone interrupted her. She take her phone and saw Yonghwa photo.

“What again?” she asked in angry tone

“What happen Hyun why you end the phone”

“You said you should back to work, so I end the call”

“That’s it? Are you okay? What happened? Why you sound so angry now?”

“Who the hell that woman beside you?!” she scream in her mind

“Nothing” she answered in flat tone. “So, why you call me back?”

“Oh, you cut the line before I finished my words”

“So, what you want to say?”

“Be careful. Call me when you arrived in home”

“Okay” Seohyun voice become sweet after heard Yonghwa concern words.

“Bye. Love you” Yonghwa said before he end the phone.

Seohyun stare her phone. Yonghwa even didn’t wait her to respond. After that night, Seohyun never said “Love you too” when Yonghwa said “I love you” to her. Seems that Yonghwa already get used to not expected her respond so he just end the phone without let her said “I love you too”

 

 

On the next day, Yonghwa didn’t call and send her a message. Seohyun get used to get minimal one message from him everyday or one call, so it’s feel strange when she didn’t get any. Yonghwa even didn’t call her to let her know he  want fetch her. she wait an hour, then back home with taxi.

Curious win over pride, She decide to call Yonghwa first. But she can’t reach him. She start to panic. Minhyuk came to her mind. She call Minhyuk.

“Hi Hyukie”

“Hi . What’s wrong Hyunie”

“Are you with your Hyung now?”

“Who? Ah, stupid me. No, I’m not with Yonghwa Hyung. Wae? You can’t reach him?”

“Hmm ”

“Maybe Hyung forget to charged his phone. He didn’t went home last night”

“Really?”

“Yeah, this morning I saw him still used the same clothes. He has a new cases, the difficult one. You know Hyung personality, he won’t rest until his work finished”

“So he has overtime too to night?”

“I guess. Sorry Hyunie I’m in middle meat with someone. He already back from restroom so”

“Ah, sorry I disturb you Hyukie”

“Don’t said that”

“Then, bye. Thanks for your information”

“Your welcome, bye”

 

 

“Ah I’m full” Yonghwa said as he put his chopstick on the table. His back lean on chair back. He rubbed his stomach.

“Thanks Taeyon-ssi” He said to her assistant who is cleared the table from their diner box.

Taeyon smile polite to Yonghwa.

“You want to eat your dessert now Mr. Jung?” she asked as pointed cup puddings on plastic bag. “No. I’ll eat that if I’m starving later. You can go home Taeyon-ssi. It’s already midnight” he said

“Ne. I’ll back after make you a cup of coffee” She said then walk out from the room.

“Thanks” Yonghwa shouted then back to works. He read carefully the paper on his hand. He hear footfall approached his room.

“You really fast Taeyon-ssi” he said as he saw to figure who stood in front him

“Who is Taeyon?” Seohyun in cold tones

“Hyun!” Yonghwa crumpled face suddenly becomes happy. He automatic stood and hug Seohyun. “You come” he said after broke the hug.

“We run out of coffee, you still want coffee? I can …” Taeyon stopped talking when realized Yonghwa have guess. They stand really close and Yonghwa hands is in Seohyun shoulder.

“Sorry I didn’t know you have guest Mr. Jung”

“Oh No. come here Taeyon-ssi, you should know her” Yonghwa said as his hands leave Seohyun shoulder. Taeyon obediently come near Seohyun.

“Hyun, here my new assistant Kim Taeyon. Taeyon-ssi, here my… eng, my VVIP client, Kwon Seohyun” SEohyun giggle heard Yonghwa call her VVIP client. She never agree when Yonghwa said they was back together again. It’s make Yonghwa difficult to introduced her to Taeyon.

“Nice too meet you Seohyun-ssi” Taeyon said after light bow.

“Nice to meet you too Taeyon-ssi” Seohyun replied with light bow.

“If she comes just let her enter my room, don’t let her wait outside”

“Even if you in a meeting with client Sir?”

 “Except that of course. You didn’t mind right?”

 “Don’t worry oppa. It’s not like I’ll come here often. I’m busy too you know” Seohyun said in joked tones.

“Eng, Mr Jung, about the coffee”

“It’s okay Taeyon-ssi I’ll take care of that” Seohyun said then give Yonghwa killer stare.

“Then, I will go first”

“Thanks Taeyon-ssi. You can come at nine tomorrow. Rest well tonight”

“Thank you Mr. Jung. Then,  ” Taeyon bow to Yonghwa and Seohyun. After that she walk out from Yonghwa room.

“Here. I came to your house then I bought clean clothes for you” Seohyun give Yonghwa paper bag to Yonghwa

“Really? Thanks Hyun” Yonghwa said with aegyo

Taeyon take her bag in her desk, beside Yonghwa office room door. She already out from room but still can heard their conversation.

“So she is her girlfriends. They really good together” she said in her mind as she walks to elevator.

 

“So I am VVIP client?” Seohyun asked her sit down

“You didn’t like if I introduce you ask my fiancé” Yonghwa replied as he sit beside Seohyun.

Seohyun cleared . “It’s dinner for you” Seohyun changed the topic. She put the other paper bag in table. “You don’t eat right?”

Yonghwa gulped. “Yeah”

“You always forget to eat. I won’t nagging you about how much cup you have today but at least please don’t forget to eat oppa” Seohyun’s hand trimmed up the coffee table from paper. Give enough space to her put the food box.

“I get it Hyun. Sorry. Thank you to bring me dinner” Yonghwa said with wide smile.

“Spaghetti ! It’s look so tasty” He said after Seohyun open the lids of food box.

“Yummy. You make it?” Yonghwa asked then take another big bite.

Seohyun nodded happily when saw Yonghwa enjoy her food. Seohyun eyes catch the bill in the table. She feel guilty after read the bill.

“You don’t need to forced your self oppa. I know you already eat”

Yonghwa almost chocked. He didn’t get how Seohyun know, but then he saw the bill in Seohyun hands.

“No, that’s the bill from last night”
“Don’t lied oppa. I hate when you lied. You bought two box food and three cup pudding tonight at eleven pass twenty minutes in convenience store” Seohyun showed the time and date that printed in the bill.

“Well I just eat one box, my assistant eat the other. And I haven’t eat the pudding. I plan to eat that if I start to feel hungry again” Yonghwa pointed the pudding into plastic bag that placed in his desk.

“Okay, I believe you. So now stop eating, your stomach will hurt if eat to much”

“No” Yonghwa said as take the food box away from Seohyun reach.            

“Oppa, I get you sincerity. Stop eat now or your stomach will hurt”

“You make it in middle of night” Yonghwa keep eat.

Seohyun smile widely saw Yonghwa stubborn. Somehow she feel grateful with Yonghwa stubborn.

“That’s right, where I can find another man like this. He is choding but he really patient with my stubborn side. Nobody perfect. The Important thing is he loves me and I love him” Seohyun thought as she keep staring to the gluttonous Yonghwa.

“Here” Seohyun show her open palm to Yonghwa face. Yonghwa knit forehead, didn’t get what Seohyun mean.

“Put the ring here now oppa” she said impatiently. Yonghwa gulped half chewing spaghetti hardly.

“You mean…?” Yonghwa can hide his shocked face. When saw Seohyun nodded, he smile ear to ear.

“Oh Hyun. Let me fix my self first” He said as stood and grab the paper back that Seohyun give to him before. He sprint to door inside his office room. That room is his rest place. There are small bedroom and bed.

He comes freshly from his restroom after two minutes. He clean her face and change his clothes really quickly. Since step out from that restroom he can hide his happy smile. He takes Seohyun hand ask her to walk to balcony.

“Lets have a nice view” he said

 

They facing face to face after arrived in balcony. Seohyun giggled saw Yonghwa nervous face.

“Ehm, Kwon Seohyun, I didn’t bring any flower tonight, didn’t give you romantic dinner or romantic event tonight, but still I want to ask you” Yonghwa kneeled with one foot as he open the ring box then continued his words “Will you marry me Hyun?”

Seohyun smiled happily since she take Yonghwa offered hands before walks to balcony. She looks staright to Yonghwa eyes.

“It will really funny if I said no” Seohyun thought

Yonghwa wait nervously because Seohyun just stare to his eyes. Didn’t answered his question.

“Hyun?”

“Yes”

“Can you answer me now?”

“I already give your answer oppa”

“When? Oh!” Yonghwa gasped when realize Seohyun said Yes. He stood up and give Seohyun “Are you serius” looks.

“Yes. I said yes oppa” Seohyun said as she understand Yonghwa still didn’t believe what his heard.

Yonghwa punch the air, “Yes” he said with grinned. Then he hugged Seohyun tightly and she do the same. Yonghwa keep repeat “Thanks Hyun” so many times. Yonghwa let go Hyun from his embrace then put the ring in her left fourth finger.

“Beautiful” Seohyun admire her new ring. “Thanks oppa” she said after give Yonghwa light peck on his lips. Yonghwa grab Seohyun waist  then drag her to his body. Seohyun reflect put her hands around Yonghwa neck.

“You more beautiful” He whispered in Seohyun lips then kiss her passionately. 

 

 

Note:

Yes it’s ending but lets go to next chapter. I make bonus chapter ^^