Chapter Fifteen: Complications

A New Healing Start

Our stage names and our group name was accepted to our delight. Our manager sent us the good news via text message since we were still in school. My last class ended earlier than expected so I warned manager oppa that I would take the bus to go to the company. I greet the receptionist and I head to the locker room to change clothes. I head to our local practice and I salute my eonnis already happened. It is surprising to see that our choreographer is not there and it was decided to start with our usual stretching. Manager Oppa between later followed with another man I did not recognize it and look behind me makes me uncomfortable. We learn that we have a new choreographer and we will learn a new dance. We look surprised because we spent a lot of time and effort to learn the latest choreography and now we had to start all over again. Normally, we spend a few minutes to listen to music to feel the tempo, but no. He wants us to put in place and seeing our positions, he decided to move us up without explanation.

"Alysa, your place is not in front," he said. "You're not the lead dancer is therefore go to the back."

"But I'm still the lead dancer," I said without understanding. "Normally I'm in front with Huo eonni and I have to be up front to do my stunts."

"I decided not to include acrobatics," he said. "So your position is back now and do not forget you're not the main dancer."

"So you want me to back down, and that I make mistakes on purpose?" Surprise I said.

"If it can humble yourself, then yes," he said before turning back. "As long as you do not slow me my choreography."

I look at him shocked and I lower my head to put me in position. It puts new music and I realize very well that dancing will be y style like most women choreography groups. It's not really my style so instead I dance like a robot, without putting any emotion. For hours, I make my mistakes and criticize by it belittles me more. I told Sae eonni not to intervene and she looks at me, trying not to lose patience. Throughout practice, it leaves us with only a five-minute break and another hour to eat. I am so tired I do not even have the strength to move. Our manager is not there to attend our practice and I do not think he would have done something to the order. I take my strength to get up and go get something to eat. I put my headphones on and walk quietly, too exhausted. I go to the small cafeteria and I find myself something to eat. I'll sit down at a table and I have no appetite to eat small meals that I chose. Without actually doing anything, I stay there, sat listening to music to relax and I get up an hour later to throw the food I have not even touched. I go back to the practice room where I have just enough time to arrange my music before the choreographer told us to set us up. It’s a few hours later, when our manager oppa between he decided to end our practice and leaves without saying anything. Frustration and anger overcame me and everyone notices. Manager Oppa approached me confused and wonders what's going on. I send him a cold look before taking a sip of water and return to my practice. I put the music and I start to dance then this is where manager oppa realize that it's not the same song or the same choreography.

"But it is neither the right music nor the right choreography," he said, looking at me dancing.

"The new choreographer decided to change the dance and the song" Asa tells her eonni. "He even changed our positions."

"Alysa is now in the back and he hasn’t even included acrobatics." Sae eonni said. "He was really harsh and rude to our maknae. I wanted to speak, but she did not want me to. "

"He said what?" He asked seriously.

"That it was not the main dancer and she had to put on the back," said Huo eonni. "He even told her to belittle and even make mistakes so it does not show too much talent."

"And she just listened?" manager oppa says.

"The worst part is the choreography is not his style and not ours either," admits Yi eonni. "He did not stop belittling and she even told me she had not even the appetite for dinner."

I'm really exhausted to the point of feeling dizzy and without actual data, I found myself kneeling on the ground. My manager oppa eonnis and run to me and helps me to lie down on the couch. My eyes are empty of emotions and they are surprised to see tears of frustration streaming down my cheeks. I confess them it's the first time I did not even feel like dancing and they look at me sadly. Asa eonni approaches me and I get up a little to let it sit and then I put my head on her lap. She my hair and Sae looks at me without saying anything before leaving, saying she cannot stand idly by. I do not even have the strength to tell him otherwise and manager oppa approached me to apologize for not having been there and he sighed when he saw that I look coldly. He receives a call from the CEO who wants to see him in his office and he looks at me sadly before leaving us. Fifteen minutes later, Sae eonni back and you look at all walking towards us head down. This is the first time we see it like that and I understand his behavior, seeing the choreographer enter. He looks at us sternly, wondering why we are not going to practice and Sae eonni said that he himself has said that our practice was over. She adds that since we all had to go back to school tomorrow.

"You think school is more important than your debut?" He asks angry. "I do not understand why the company let you continue to go to school because it just makes you slow down! I want to see any follow-up and you leave here you will know only when the dance without making any mistakes. "

Seeing that my eonnis are getting into their position and I looked at him with hatred. I get up and I told him that they know all the choreography and is just angry because I demean everyone. Uncontrollably, I keep saying that it was he who asked me to put me down, and now it makes him angry. To the surprise of my eonnis, it hits me in the face and he told me to put me up. I stand there without moving and I start to cry and said I prohibited demean and mistreat my eonnis. Again, I get a steal on the face and I look at him saying that he can keep hitting me all he wants, but I would not budge. He's about to hit me again when I take the rest of the forces I have to block his hand and I look at him savagely, warning that if he did not want me to defend myself, it is better to stop now.

"You must not know me if you do not think I do not know how to defend myself," I said angrily. "I'm therefore black belt in martial arts, so I would be, I would wear my hand ever more about me or even less on my eonnis."

The door opens and JYP surprised me between my take on the choreographer. I loose and I bow before the founder. He really wonders what happening here, especially after seeing my fatigue and the red marks on my face. I start to tremble before falling again on his knees and ask why I am in a state as fatigue. I told him that this is the result of a hard drive with just a one-hour break and supposedly our practice is not yet complete.

"Why do practice as much?" He asked the choreographer

"They still do not know the choreography sir," he said.

"Yet you have practiced for months," he said, looking at us.

"He changed the whole dance and even chose another song" says Sae eonni. "He wants us to learn a new dance in only an afternoon."

"Seriously?" He said, looking at the choreographer. "You try to make them work till they pass out?"

"Anyway, we already know it by heart," said Sae eonni helping me up.

Sae eonni looks at me and I'm a sign of affirmation before we could get them all up. It plays music and starts dancing. JYP watching and noticed that the choreography is too y for us. He also points out our positions and he wonders why I'm back. He asked why I dance mostly emotionless and he did not see the passion when I dance. We finish and I can feel the angry look of our choreographer. JYP said that our practice is over and it comes out in anger.

"I'm more curious to see the original choreography," he says. "Is it possible to show it to me?."

I'm the first to put me up even with all my exhaustion and already notice my emotional change. Sae eonni exchange music and starts dancing. I become the dancer I am and I manage all my stunts even though my whole body hurts. JYP moves to the rhythm of the music and he likes the choreography is more our style. One ends and I even told him about my ideas where we would dance in the water and in the sand. Seeing that I do not stand up, we are sitting on the floor and we wonder what really happened. Sae eonni tells him what happened and even the fact that struck me. We are surprised when we now apologized and said he did not think he was going to change everything especially not to be as violent with us. He added that it was the choreographer himself, who said that our ancient dance would not be popular and he wanted himself to become our new choreographer. He assured that he will talk with the CEO so that we have again our old choreographer and we continued with our old routine. We bow in front of him to thank him and he even gives us a day off so we can be well rested especially me.