Chapter Seven: KPOP Star 5

A New Healing Start

It's been a couple of months since I am in Korea and I always stay with my brother and GOT7. They are really busy so I rarely see them, but I work as I want. I spend often my days skateboarding around town and keeping the dormitory clean. I'm getting a little tired of this same routine and I'm starting to be more jealous of guys who can do what they like to do most is to say, sing and dance. For me, music is my joy, this is the only time I'm really happy and where I show my true emotions. I'm watching clips Akdong musician when they were on KPOP Star 2 and yes; I like their style of music when the door opens. The noise tells me that my oppas are back and I shout to them that I have prepared a snack for them.

"You're the best, Alysa!" BamBam said all happy.

"I know…I know..." I said.

"What you looking at?" my brother asked sitting on the couch next to me.

"Akdong Musician when they were on KPOP Star 2" I said. "So, how was your practice?"

"Tiring, but it was good!" He replies.

"Speaking of KPOP Star, PD-nim hyun will be busy again," said BamBam the kitchen. "It is announced that there will be a fifth season."

"Who are the judges?" I asked curiously.

"JYP, YG and SM" answers Yugyeom. "As the first two seasons'

"You said SM?" I asked.

"From what I see, you still do not like SM" Mark said.

"I like their artists, but not the company," I said.

I do a search on the internet and in fact, I saw the audition ads for the new season of the show. I stand there looking at the ad, lost in my thoughts and all my oppas notices. They tried repeatedly to get me to audition to JYP, but I always refused. They see that I am concerned with the KPOP Star issue and they know that I have enough talent and even more to attend the program.

"Why don’t you register?" propose Jr., making me come back to reality. "You have enough talent to be admitted"

"Because a judge is the boss of my brother and his group," I said. "People will notice my resemblance to Mark and what people will think when they find out I'm his sister?"

"You think it's time for people to know?" Mark said. "It's not like I'm ashamed of you and I do not understand why I should hide the fact that I have a little sister, even though she's my stepsister."

I really want to participate and if Mark is ready to announce my identity so why not. I make a statement from the head to their great pleasure and I am a little nervous when my brother told me that it would be better to see JYP PD-nim in person. I'm really nervous and they try to reassure me that everything will be okay. The manager Mark and I renewed the company after to have ensured that JYP was available. We arrive at our destination in no time and you walk to the studio where found JYP. Normally we would go to the CEO Jung Wook, but he was in a meeting and JYP is still the founder and has a very large share of the company. One knocks before entering and I look around me since this is the first time for me to see a real studio. It bends and I realize that there are other people present and I think they should be composers.

"Hyung, can we talk to you?" Mark asked.

"Yes, is there a problem?" He said, looking at me. "Hello, Alysa!"

"Hello, JYP PD-nim," I said. "You have a beautiful studio"

"Thank you," he said, laughing with the composers. "What can I do for you?"

"We decided it was time that I announce to the public the existence of my sister," said Mark to his surprise.

"Are you sure?" He asks me especially.

"I just want to announce to the public that I have a half-sister without going into details," he said.

"You have a stake in the show Happy Camp in China in a few days," he said. "Why not disclose at this time."

¤¤¤

It's been a few weeks since Mark announced my existence on the show Happy Camp and many people wonder who I am. Now I have to be careful when I go out because there is even more fans outside the building. I think it would be simple to come down and introduce myself to the fans, but I think it would cause me more twists you especially since I sent my application and that I was accepted to participate in KPOP Star season 4. Everyone except GOT7 ignores my participation, even JYP and it will be a surprise. I have a few weeks to prepare for my first audition in front of three judges and I do not know what to do. I decided to sing an English song and mixes Korean songs for my dance. I go to work and I decided to focus on my song because I can just do as freestyle dance. I smiled seeing a song on my song list on my phone and I tell myself it's the one that I have to sing.

¤¤¤

I tell myself that I must be nervous because it's only 6 am and I am already a habit. Today is my first audition before judges and I'm ready. What makes me nervous is because of my family problems, I have a hard to take criticism and I'm used to replicate so I'll have to be careful. While it is still early and GOT7 kill me, I decided to practice my dance one last time to get warm. I put music that is not too strong and I started dancing. When I started dancing, I cannot stop me, so I always return to music. Only by seeing my oppas to eat while watching me as I pause, surprised at their presence.

"Why are you already up?" I asked them. "It is only 7am ..."

"It is rather 9am Alysa" said Mark, pointing at the clock.

"What! I dance for three hours? "Surprise I said.

"Are you ready?" JB asked.

I made ​​a nod before starting to eat my cereal bowl with them and continue to speak just in time that it is time for me to go. They tell me they will make a surprise appearance and this put more pressure on me. I decided to go in transportation because I do not want to be seen with GOT7. I arrived early and I will give my personal name that gives me a name. It is entering the waiting room I realized that I'm not so in advance that since the room is already full. Knowing that watching other concurrent could distract me, I decided to put my headphones and go in my own bubble. It's finally the beginning and gradually the room empties. Seeing my number, I'm not ready to go on stage so I try to enjoy myself as much as I can. Finally, my name is called and I go out with other people. Our tour is expected but at least you can hear the other participants and the judges' comments. It is the turn of the person in front of me and I'm quite curious. I can immediately see all that I would not like; it's not because of his lack of talent, but the way he acts. It’s totally fake. Unfortunately, I'm the only one who seems to have noticed since the judges all agreed. It's finally my turn and I take a big breath even if the camera is pointed at me. I grab the mic I'm given and I went on stage. I walk to the middle and I bow to the judges.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Alysa Kim, imnida. "I said, bowing.

I can see the surprise of JYP PD-nim what makes others judges curious and I can see my brother and the rest of GOT7 sitting with the spectators. I smile to see their encouragement and I put my attention on the judges.

"It says here that you can speak several languages," said YG.

"I'm a Korean-Chinese and American from LA" I tell them. "I speak fluently English, Korean and Mandarin. I can speak a bit of French and Thai. "

"It is also written that you are the sister of Mark from the group GOT7," I tell them.

They are quite surprised and I told them I was reluctant to sign up to the show because of my indirect connections with JYP Entertainment. I close by saying that since my brother decided to announce my existence, I should not miss this chance to show the world who I am. I smiled at my brother who smiles at me in turn and the judges asked me what I have prepared.

"I prepared a song and dance," I told them.

A member of the person boards a chair and I thanked them before to sit down. I decided to sing the song "You have not seen the last of me" Cher since talking about my feelings. I know it's a song that might not know, but I really want to sing it.

I sing with all my emotions to the point of feeling tears in her eyes that makes everyone speechless. I finished and everyone applauds. I bow and I wipe my tears in their eyes amazed. I place my microphone to show that I am ready to show my true talent, dance. The music starts to play and I'm just doing some movements to feel the music. I smirked before starting to dance what surprises the judges. Louise, my acrobatics impress everyone even the staff of the show now. I ended up doing a series of acrobatics.

"Wow!" YG said simply after the applause of everyone. "How old are you?"

"I was born in 1998, so I'm 16," I tell them by taking the microphone.

"Why is it that your face looks familiar?" BoA asks, intrigued.

I wonder what she means since there any chance that I had already met her in person and I look read my application. Silence reigns as the two other judges watch her especially YG because he thinks the same thing.

"Wait ... skateboard, snowboard and surf ..." said BoA reading my application again. "Have you been shown on television?"

I look at her a little confused as the others and this is where the competition comes to mind. It's probably the way she speaks and I nodded. I tell them that I just participate in a competition skateboard without thinking that it would cause so much attention and soon after, they found other videos on my other competitions including sports, surfing and windsurfing snow. She smiled at me and said I'm pretty athletic.

"From what I see here, you are rather talented," said YG. "You're surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding, you do martial arts and gymnastics, and you play the piano."

"I think JYP is more in shock," said BoA.

"I knew she was the sister of one of my artists, but I did not know she could sing and dance like that." He said in shock.

"Since you are the sister of an artist from JYP, why not have auditioned for his company?" BoA asked.

"He offered me as GOT7 but refused," I said. "I do not want to be chosen just because I'm half-sister of Mark and I just want to show who I am."

"I do not like to spend my time locked up at home, so I did my best to stay out as long as possible."

"I see," he said. "BoA, you want to start?"

"You are really talented," she said. "The dance was exceptional and I was rather curious about your song choice. I was amazed by all. You pass! "

"You really exceptional" YG said. "You're good at what you do and your talent is rarely seen, even among some artists. You can play with different styles easily. You are one of the best I've seen in time. You pass! "

It is the turn of JYP and he looks at me carefully because I am the sister of one of his artists. He looks at my information on my application and play with the microphone before speaking.

"Why did you refuse to audition for JYP Entertainment when you auditioned here?" He asks.

"As I said earlier, I do not want to be known as the sister of Mark and that people think I was accepted because of my connections," I said. "I want to know where I can go and show that I'm stronger than I look."

"You have shown us that," he said. "You have an exceptional talent too so I do not let you past. You pass!"

I thank them and I get off the stage by giving my microphone. I receive three tights and I put them on the sleeve of my jacket.

¤¤¤

"Wow!" JYP said, turning to my brother. "She has quite a talent!"

"She will go far," said BoA turn. "But why it seems to be a lack of emotion when she talks?"

"Yes, it's true," says YG. "She talked to us without emotion, but to change when she started to sing. It's as if she understood the song..."

"Since she's just my half-sister, it was hard for her." He said, without going into details. "I made her come here for a change of environment for her. She has always been like that, reserved, cold and emotionless. "

"She may be cold and reserved, but I do not think she is emotionless" says YG. "Because I've nevertheless seen her smile as she danced, as if it was his love of life."

"A girl who lives for music ..." JYP said.

The program continues and Mark smiled proud of my performance and stands up quietly to go congratulate me while the others remain curious about other contributing.