Sulli

Impossible Loves

“This is all my fault!”

“No it’s not.”

“Cut the bull Ssul, we all know it’s my fault.” Amber yelled, pacing back and forth.  She’s been doing this for an hour now and it was staring to get on Sulli’s nerves.

Sulli rolled her eyes and continued petting Luna’s hair.  The girl had fallen asleep again after throwing up, eating, then throwing up again.  Sulli wondered how Luna could sleep when Amber was practically yelling.

The sun was beginning to rise and students were waking up to the ruckus in room thirty one. Sulli silently thanked god that it was only Saturday. She would hate to attend class because the lack of sleep.

“Hyung, you can’t blame yourself. Stop over analyzing it.”

She remembered staring at the moral that seemed to really inspire Sulli in a weird way.  She liked to pretend that she knew what space looked like, even if it was a rough depiction of it.  She heard rushed footsteps coming down the stairs and she knew that she was going to be in trouble for staying up past curfew.

Instead a panicked Richie approached her, “Sulli! Oh my god! We need you.”

“Excuse me?”

“I’ll explain later, just follow me.”

Now, Richie sat upon her bed staring down the bottle that seemed to have caused this whole situation to happen.  Amber cursed at herself and Sulli bit the inside of her cheek.

“I will never look at alcohol the same.” Richie murmured. “Imagine what could have happened if she didn’t wake up.”

“Let’s not think about it. She’s fine now.”

“It’s all because of me. I shouldn’t have ignored her, I should have stayed by her side and made sure she was okay. I should have-“

Sulli cut Amber off with a frustrated groan, “Somehow I feel like you’re making this situation about you. The past is in the past, Amber. Move on.”

Amber glared at Sulli.  Sulli didn’t back down, returning the hateful gaze back.

Richie sniffed, “What does it feel like?”

“What?” Both of the girls answered finally breaking eye contact some minutes later.

“To be her savior.”

Sulli was caught off guard.  Luna had tried to tell the girls about her dream.  Sulli wondered why Luna talked about her sister as if she was a figment of her imagination. It may have been the fact that Luna was still loopy from over-sleeping, alcohol, and lack of food.

She overly exaggerated described the details (like a true performer) about how her sister and her looked on the thrown. She got half-way through before confessing that she had to throw up again.

“I don’t know…” Sulli answered, brushing Luna’s hair out of her face. The girl was no longer pale, her skin turned to its natural shade of gold. “I’m tired.”

Sulli watched as Amber took a seat beside Richie wrapping her arm across her shoulder. “Everything is going to be okay.”

“What happens after this? Do we talk to her about it? Do we not even bring it up and pretend nothing ever happened?” Richie asked looking back and forth between Sulli and Amber.

“I’ll talk to her.” Sulli said. With a smile she added, “I am her savior after all.”

“It’s been a long night. I’m going to bed.” Richie announced releasing Amber’s grip on her shoulder. “Wake me up if anything happens.”

Sulli slowly peeled herself from Luna’s grip. Amber watched curiously as Sulli began to walk out of the room.

“Are you going to come with me or not?” Sulli asked.

“Where?”

“The garden.”

“Why?”

“Just come on.”

The girls walked side by side to the garden.  Students were scattered all over the outside of campus, watched and gossiped about the two, saying that they’ve been caught going into the garden together several times. 

Sulli skipped towards the garden, feeling the tension release from her body almost immediately.  Amber chuckled at Sulli’s sudden mood change. Sulli stopped and turned to Amber with her arms crossed.

“I thought you and Luna were cool.”

“We are… Kind of.”

“No you’re not. Amber…I don’t like the way you treat Luna.  She’s really a great, fantastic, amazing, and overall spectacular.  You should stop all of this and tell her that you don’t like her.  It’ll save her some trouble.”

“W-what if I make her worse?” Amber timidly asks.

“She’ll be okay. I have a feeling she’s a lot stronger than we think.”

“How do you know? She didn’t seem okay in that room last night.”

“You’re right, but she’s not alone.  She has you, me, Richie, Soojungie, and Vic to help her get through this.  Last night was rock bottom for Luna. Life can only go uphill from here.”

“When did you get so damn articulate? I miss stuttering Ssul.”

Sulli shrugged, “Luna needs us. The only way you can get her to trust if you be one hundred percent honest with her.”

“Kitties!” Someone called behind them. Both girls turned and saw Victoria walking towards them with a random student. “Got someone to introduce to you guys!”

“We’ll continue this later?” Sulli murmured. Amber nodded putting her hands in her pockets.

“Yo, what’s up with the gloomy faces?” Victoria asked as she approached the girls.

“U-uh, H-Hyung and I w-were just-” Sulli stammered.

“Oh you know, listening to Sulli stutter, the usual. Who’s your friend?”

Sulli sighed at Amber’s save, although her nose scrunched up as she realized her articulation was reduced to a stupid stutter.

“Okay…” Victoria side-eyed the girl’s giving them the, we’ll-talk-about-this-later, look. “Sulli, Amber, this is Seulgi!”

The small girl beside Victoria blushed and said her hello’s to the girls.  Sulli smiled at the girl, who had a slightly off yellow shade ombré in her hair.  Her looks weren’t so bad either. She had nice small, sharp, brown eyes and a perfectly shaped nose.

Seulgi seemed like the shy type, not being able to hold eye contact with Amber nor Sulli. She seemed really nervous, but she gave off a cool vibe that reminded Sulli of Victoria in a way.

“Nice to meet you.” Amber said breaking the silence when she reached out her hand for a short handshake.

She accepted it, “Nice… to meet you… too.”

“Aww, you’re so cute.” Sulli gushed. Seulgi’s cheeks turned pink.

Amber poked Sulli’s arm and caught her attention, “I’m going back to my room.”

“Okay, Hyung. I’m serious about what I said.”

“I know, I know. See you later. Bye guys.” Amber yawned walking back to her dorm.

“Were you in the Junior dorm again?” Victoria asked in disbelief.

Sulli laughed. “I was.”

“Why?”

Sulli wrapped her arm around Seulgi’s shifted the attention onto her, “How old are you?”

“Sixteen.”

“You’re a sophomore too?”

The girl nodded and they walked arm and arm pasted Victoria.

“Are you seriously ditching me right now? You’re such bad friends!” Victoria yelled as the girl’s chit chatted away.


A/N: Sorry it's been so long! I wanted to end this chapter on a high note since I heard the bad news about Ladies' Codes's EunB's and RiSe's death. Condolences to their friends and family. Praying for a fast recovery for Sojung, Ashley, and Zuny.