Krystal: Part 2

Impossible Loves

Soojung took a bite out of her sweet mango Mrs. Stein gave her as a thank you.  Mrs. Stein offered the girl an apple, but Soojung declined saying she was allergic.

She sat outside against the school walls watching her classmates from afar.  There was a subtle breeze reminding her that despite the warm weather lately, winter is coming soon.  She groaned, winter means lack of mangos.

Her mind flashed to numerous thoughts. That was Soojung’s thing, she was always thinking.  It was part of her personality.  She couldn’t help it.  Most people hate over-thinking, but for Soojung it was something that kept her sane.

What was floating in her mind was Mrs. Stein telling Soojung to watch her words.  Soojung knew she had a lot of trouble with keeping shut. Her thoughts sometimes escape her brain and hurt those around her unintentionally.

She held her mango in front of her, “You’re the only one who understands me.”  She laughed at herself, looking to her left and right making sure no one heard her. 

“Why do I love these so much?  My hands always end up sticky, gross.”

Soojung smiled to herself.  Her smile faded in a blink of an eye. 

It’s a complex. A “Jung” thing.

She continued eating her mango and shamelessly staring at her classmates. A lot of the students were prettier than Soojung expected, some of them having had plastic surgery. Not that Soojung minded, she was used to it.  She grew up knowing people who had some themselves.

Soojung cringed at the thought of her getting plastic surgery.  The name itself scared Soojung.  She can’t even go to the clinic without protesting an hour before her appointment.

She remembers crying every single time she had to attend an appointment, whether it was a dentist or a doctor. 

A student walking with a group of friends noticed Soojung and waved frantically to get her attention. “Jung Soojung!”  The student called leaving her friends skipping towards the blonde.

Soojung whipped her head at the voice and smiled brightly.  She dropped her mango, wiping her hands on the grass. She stood up and met up half way with the student.  They enveloped each other in a tight hug, Soojung held her hands out not wanting to touch her friend with sticky fingers.

“Why are you sitting alone, Jung Soojung?”

“Why are you here, Kang Seulgi?”

Both girls spoke at the same time, laughing at their timing.

“I knew I was bound to see you sometime.  My roommate Sulli, said she was with you and Vic all morning.”

“Sulli’s your roommate? I wouldn’t have guessed, you two are complete opposites.” Seulgi playfully gasped.

“Don’t act so surprised.” Soojung smiled pushing her friend. The girl laughed and grabbed Soojung’s mango sticky hand.

She used to do this all the time when we were children. She’s probably used to it. 

“I missed you.”

“I missed you too, but I can see you’ve replaced me new friends.” Krystal replied sarcastically glancing behind Seulgi at the group of girls looking their way whispering to each other.

“Whatever, you totally replaced me with three other girls too.”

“You mean four?”

“WOW! Four? You’re the worst, Jung Soojung.”

Soojung shook her head chuckling, “What are you doing here? I thought you were staying in Korea.”

“I just wanted to see your face,” Seulgi sighed swinging their hands back and forth. “Your hand is really sticky, just like when we were kids.”

Soojung raised her eyebrow, she could tell her friend was lying, “No, really, Kang Seulgi. Why are you here?”

“You’re not gonna believe this... But my parents kind of forced me to attend. They said it could potentially solve some work relations and such.”

Soojung was shocked.  She has known the Kang family for as long as she could remember, and she knew Seulgi never took from her parents.  Seulgi has an outspoken, frank, personality that somehow never bothered her parents.

“What kind of work relations are you speaking of?”

“Ugh, Jung Soojung. Why do you ask so many questions? It’s annoying.”

“Sorry, force of habit. Are you going to answer my question, Kang Seulgi?”

“Fine.” Seulgi released Soojung’s hands and cupped them over her ear. “My on and off fiancé attends this school.” She whispered.

Soojung’s hand was over . Her friend, the girl she has known for most of her life… was getting married to a girl?  “No way!” She blurted out loud.

“Yes way! Totally right? Ugh, the struggle.” The girl pulled back and absent mindedly looked at her nails.

“W-with w-who?”

“I can see you’ve developed Sulli’s stutter.” Her friend laughed.  Soojung just stared at Seulgi not knowing what to reply.  Everything was just too much for her. When Soojung didn’t reply Seulgi looked up at the blondes face that radiated disbelief. “Hey, I was only joking. Why aren’t you laughing? Jung Soojung, are you okay?”

“Yeah… yeah,” Soojung mumbled. “Answer my question please.”

“Sorry, I forgot what you asked.”

“Who is your fiancé?” Soojung asked with more confidence.

Seulgi craned her neck looking at a figure behind Soojung. “A-Amber, hi.”

Soojung turned around and greeted Amber the awkward tension still was there from earlier.  Amber wasn’t alone, beside her was a bright and smiley Luna, who was self-introducing herself to Seulgi.

“You two know each other?” Luna asked pointing between the two sophomores.

“Mhm,” Seulgi confirmed grasping Soojung’s hand once again.  Soojung avoided Amber’s eyes that were obviously traced towards their clasped hands. “I’ve known Jung Soojung since she was born. I’m a few months older than her… She is like my baby sis. Her hand is just like I left it, sticky with mango juice.”

“Jung Soojung? Mango Juice?”

“Luna,” Soojung interrupted. “Sulli said she was with you all night. She snuck out and it really scared me, and maybe if she does it again, can you make sure to send her back? I don’t want her to get in trouble.”

“For sure.” Luna hesitantly nodded.

“I don’t mean to sound bossy or anything, I’m just looking after her well-being.” She tugged her hand from Seulgi’s unnoticeably tight grip and began slowly walking backwards. “I should probably get some sleep. I woke up really early. Seulgi, mind walking with me to the dorms.”

“No thanks. I’m staying with Vic in her dorm until there is an open spot in one of the sophomore dorms.” Seulgi declined with a small smile.

“Okay… Goodnight.”

"Don't let the bed bugs bite." Luna whispered under her breath.


A.N. I felt bad about how short the last chapter was so I made a part two and hopefully I helped you get to know Soojung and Seulgi's personalities more.  Thank you for the love and support. Readers JJang!!! <3 Our favorite leader Vic is next~~