Krystal: Part 1

Impossible Loves

The blonde girl picked at the dead ends in her hair studying for an upcoming test. She smirked thinking about all the compliments she got for her unique look.  She soaked in all the affection she was getting from her classmates.

Within the few weeks of school, she convinced three students to do her math, history, and science homework. In exchange, Soojung would do something as little as bending over to pick a pencil up from the floor.

The girl’s here were no different from the boys she went to school with last year. The only difference was that the girl’s here had amazing bodies and amazing personalities to match.

Her friends come to mind when she thinks of amazing bodies and personalities.  They all had their own signature style.

Victoria, was artist, a real go getter, she walked her own path, a leader, never a follower. Amber, with her radiating confidence that trapped Soojung for a moment and boyish charm that knocked the socks off every person, male or female, who talk to her. Luna, was charismatic and knew how to talk well using words that Soojung never knew existed.  Her roommate Sulli with her timid, yet bright smile and personality, not to mention legs as long as the Nile.

Speaking of her roommate, she heard an ‘hmph’ come from the bed beside her. Trying to contain her laughter she asked her roommate where she was last night.

“Junior dorm.” The brunette mumbled against her pillows.

“Why?”

“Mural... and Luna. Needed. Me.”

“You and that silly space mural.”

“It’s not silly.”

“Okay… Next time warn me before you sneak off. I was looking for you all morning. I bumped into Amber, too, it was so awkward…”

“I was with Amber for a while but I was with Vic and Seulgi all morning. I forgot to eat… I’m so hungry.”

“Who?”

Sulli crawled up her bed and sliding underneath her covers, not even bothering to change out of her uniform. “New sophomore. She is such a cutie,” She yawned. “Not as cute as Luna…”

Soojung watched as her roommate’s eyes drift closed and light snores began to escape her body.  She chuckled shaking her head.

This kid.

“Sleep well.” Soojung whispered, gathering her supplies in her arms and got up from her bed and leaving her dorm. She walked around campus, dominating the sidewalk like a runway and somehow ended up in the library.

Today was the perfect day to visit the library since most of the students spent their weekends outside, meaning that the library was practically student free.  Soojung’s favorite place in this school had to be the library; the second one being the cafeteria.

She began to think about her charms on the way there.

She didn’t know her own charms, she got to know her friends charms so fast that it almost made her nervous.  Compared to the other girl’s, Soojung’s charms were always on the negative depending on how you look at it.  She spoke her mind, which could be a blessing and a curse.  She selfishly puts her needs above everyone else’s.  She put a wall up, daring anybody to try and destroy it.

As she entered the library a fresh smell of cinnamon hit her.  Suffocating the blonde for a moment until the smell became intoxicating.

“Soojung,” A fifty-something German librarian greeted.  “Nice to see you.”

“Hello, Mrs. Stein. How are you?”

“I’m busy as alvays.” Mrs. Stein spoke in a strong accent while stacking books on a portable rack. “Hov are you dearie?”

Soojung smiled, “I’m fine.  Do you need any help?”

Mrs. Stein protested, “Zats okay, dearie. I can do it.”

“I’ll be happy to lend you a hand.” Soojung volunteered again placing her items on a nearby table. She crossed her arms and tapped her foot waiting for the librarians answer.

Mrs. Stein took a deep breath giving in, “Shtart by puttink sie books away.”

“Yes, m’am.”  Soojung nodded.  She had visited the library enough to know where most of the sections, and how books were organized amongst the shelves.

Victoria would totally love this.

Soojung had become the closest with the senior since school began.  She found her easy going and fun to joke around with.  Soojung noticed how her friend was very studious about how she kept things.  She wondered how the girl could keep up with little things such as dusting her desk and wiping her glass windows with a clean cloth until they were completely spotless.  Victoria even ironed her uniform every night before school.

Soojung wasn’t very organized at all.  Her side of the room always had wrappers from snacks surrounding it. She kept her homework in one big disheveled folder, with Lisa Frank stickers she bought from the grocery store once.

She tried her best to show Mrs. Stein how she genuinely wanted to help her favorite librarian with her work.  It wasn’t easy since the library was huge, and they had an unbelievable amount of books to match.

Fortunately, Mrs. Stein followed Soojung and helped her put away books, telling her how to put them in their assigned column.  They chatted idly in between, mainly focusing on the task at hand.

“Mrs. Stein, I hope you don’t mind me asking, but why do you stay here when you can be with your husband?”

“Oh, Soojung, ven you grow up… You are faced viz all sorts of decisions.”

“I guess, but isn’t it hard.”

“Ve have a shtrong bond.” She explained simply.

“Don’t you ever wish you could have him by your side?”

“Yes, all ze time.”

They stayed quiet moving on to another section.  Soojung pushed the cart and the old woman walked side-by side with her.

“Dearie,” Mrs. Stein started. “Isn’t your last name Jung?”

“Yes M’am.”

“Zat makes a lot of sense.”

“Why?”

“Jung is interpreted as young in my country.”

“What are you trying to say Mrs. Stein?”

“You’re too young to be pesterink your librarian about her love life, when yours is practically nonexistent in zese school walls.”

Soojung’s scoff didn’t go unnoticed by Mrs. Stein, who eyed the student up and down.

“That’s what we want you to think.” Soojung whispered under her breath.  She threw a sweet, yet, dangerously mysterious smile at the librarian, “I don’t think my love life is nonexistent, in fact, I think it’s at its peak.”

“You’re not one of zose girls who sneak boys in zeir room late at night right, because if you do I have to report you to ze prince-“

“Of course not!” Soojung interrupted, Mrs. Stein jumped back a bit from Soojung’s loud outburst.

“Be quiet,” The librarian shushed. “Zis is a library.”

“Sorry Mrs. Stein.  I’m just a little offended that you thought of me that way…”

“Vatch your choice of vords, Soojung.”

“Uh, right... I’ll keep that in mind.”


A/N: I hope you could understand Mrs. Stein's strong accent, she was so much fun to write :). I had a little toruble writing this chapter, I had so many thoughts and ideas running through my head, I didn't know what to write xD! Please tell me your feedback and subscribe!! Thanks!!