Luna

Impossible Loves

It was Luna’s second year and she dreaded it more than ever. She hated school believe it or not.  She hated the stupid uniforms, the stupid rules, and the stupid students. 

Her parents forced her into this school saying that since her twin couldn’t then she should.  Luna took the bait feeling like if she didn’t then she would be disappointing her other half.  She regretted it the first day she got here.  She didn’t make any friends as she came off too strong for most of the wealthy students to understand.

She took that as a sign to bully the stupid. Or the smart. She pushed anyone who was in her way without a care. She didn’t care one bit.

But there was always one girl who truly struck out to her. A girl who would come to school every year with a different hair color (hence why Luna cut her hair and dyed it blue, purely out of inspiration). That girl’s personality is the complete opposite of Luna’s, yet Luna felt an admiration towards the girl.

She straightened her posture and told herself she could do it. Nothing was in her way, but she still felt a twinge of nervousness approaching the girl.

“Let bygones be bygones?” She asked with no hesitation.

“Why?” The girl answered looking her up and down acting as though Luna was holding a knife behind her back.

“In all honesty,” Luna sighed. “Nobody wants to be my roommate.”

“And what makes you think I want to be your roommate?”

“Nobody has approached you to be their roommate either.” Just as she said that, a girl nicknamed, Richie, tapped Amber on the shoulder.

“Amber,” The superficial, yet incredibly adorable and smart, girl smiled. “Wanna be my roommate?”

Amber looked between Richie and Luna.  Luna knew that Amber would choose Richie over her any day. “Yeah.” Amber said grinning at Richie, Luna frowned. “Do you mind if Luna rooms with us?”

Luna mouth hung open, not quite sure if she heard Amber correctly. “Sure, I signed up for a three roommate room anyways, I was planning on keeping the third closet for myself.” Richie laughed.

“Thanks!” Luna smiled containing herself from hopping up and down in excitement.

She knew something changed between her and Amber because of that conversation on the bleachers.  It was Luna’s first time actually feeling excited for this school year, like, it would be as bad as last year. Like she wasn’t just doing this for sister but for herself.

Even more surprising to her was the older girl, Victoria, a beautiful senior, finally talked to her.  She’s seen Victoria around, she noticed that Victoria has kept to herself much like Luna. Luna thought that Victoria was way too cool to talk to a shut-in like herself.

Even though Victoria barely talked to her she felt like they could be friends.

Luna was also happy seeing two other Korean girl’s in her school. When it was her first year it was only her and another girl, but the other girl didn’t understand a of Korean, causing Luna to easily give up on that friendship. They seemed like the quiet but playful types, which would make it easier for Luna to get along with.

“Do you want to go find our room? I have a key, you two can pick up your own later.” Richie asked holding up a shiny silver key. Luna and Amber nodded, and followed the girl into the dorm C building.

The dorms were spilt into five buildings: A, B for Sophomores; C, D for Juniors; E, F for Seniors; and G for Teachers and staff. Each building having three floors, twenty five rooms on each floor, containing seventy-seven rooms all together. With an exception of the staff and senior dorm containing twenty-three rooms and an extra floor.

“Woah.” Luna awed touching the walls. You would never guess that inside a dusty red brick dorm would have such an interesting theme inside. Last year’s Juniors got it approved from the faculty to paint a universe inspired moral on the walls of the dorm saying that they wanted this year’s juniors to feel like they can achieve anything beyond space and time, (that and the Junior’s class president smoked weed and listened to David Bowies “Space Oddity” on repeat).  

Luna followed behind the two girls, who were talking about how freezing it was outside, up the stairs to the second floor.  They walked into room number thirty one.  It was small but livable, beds were aligned right wall in three rows.  There was two closets and a large dresser between them on the left side. A small screen door located across from them lead to an even smaller balcony connected to their room.

“I’ll take the dresser.” Amber said plopping down on the bed closest to the door.

“I’ll have that closet,” Luna said pointing to the one closest to the screen door.

Richie shrugged with an okay, “I’m going to go freshen up downstairs. I promised my friends I’d meet up with them.”

Unfortunately the bathrooms were located on the first floor, and was shared with the students in your dorm.  You’re only provided with occasional feminine products the rest, (shampoo, body wash, and toothpaste for example) had to be provided by you.

“I’ll be back before curfew.” One of the stupid rules that the school had. Luna didn’t understand why, there was nothing besides a grocery store within a hundred mile radius.  “Oh and I call the middle bed!”

Richie left leaving the door wide open- it was one of the stupid rules.  It has to be open from all times between 6am and 9pm.

A woman, similar to a five star hotel bell-hop, dropped off the girl’s suitcases and wished them a happy school year, much to Luna’s displeasure.

“Do you like Weezer?” Amber asked opening her suitcase and pulling out a small blue stereo, notebook, and pencil. Luna frowned, she was more of a Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey fan.

“No.” Luna replied honestly.

“Well then you’ll learn to like them.”

“You’re a real pain in the , you know that Liu?”

“You sound like my parents.” Amber chuckled plugging the stereo into a socket and hit the play button. The first song of “The Blue Album” blasted and Amber just nodded triumphantly and returned to her bed with her notebook and pencil in hand.

Luna rolled her eyes and began hanging up her uniforms on the provided wired hangers.

She retained a smile after reminding herself that she could possibly be friends with her roommate.  She was tired of keeping to herself and she was ready to open up to her and four who surrounded her on the bleachers that crisp fall day.


A.N. I thought that since Luna's BDay is today/tomorrow (depending where you are), I would post her chapter! Luna came a lot more natural to me, I really enjoyed writing her AU character. As always, leave a review, your ship, and any suggestions~ You guys are amazing! Oh and happy 21st BDay Luna!! <3