The Big Secret

What You Need

Chapter Three: The Big Secret

 

The rest of the weekend had passed by routinely: doing homework, going to church, lounging around and watching television, and the like. Luhan, however, had been experiencing the weirdest weekend he had ever had, holed up in Boyeon’s room.

“We can’t exactly let my parents see you, can we?” she had said. “They’ll freak out, and you’ll never get to finish your mission.”

She was right, Luhan supposed. Based on Boyeon’s own reaction to his sudden appearance in her room, he was beginning to think that popping out of nowhere was not nearly as appreciated on earth as it was up in heaven.

Luhan had thus busied himself playing games on Boyeon’s computer. It was password-protected, but it had only taken Luhan one try to guess the password – the name of a certain crush of Boyeon’s. What else would it have been? He had rolled his eyes, but he had also come to suspect no less of her. She was entirely dedicated to Byun Baekhyun, to the point that it was kind of scary.  That was why Luhan began to do more than play games on her computer. He began to do a little snooping, because he couldn’t wait to find out what this Byun Baekhyun was like.

Boyeon woke up alone on Monday for the first time in three days. Her window was open, however, and there was a sticky note on her forehead from Luhan saying that he’d been back later. Apparently, he was going out to do research – whatever that meant. Boyeon just shrugged her shoulders and was glad she could have a peaceful morning. Her life in general hadn’t been terribly peaceful after Luhan had shown up. She was making him a makeshift home next to her bed, but it was hard to hide from her family that she was keeping a person/angel/thing in her room. The worst part was that Sanghyuk had been getting suspicious. The boy wasn’t exactly dumb; in fact, he was at the top of his middle school class right now and was set to graduate that way. Boyeon wasn’t sure how much longer she’d be able to keep the secret, but she tried not to dwell on it. The faster Luhan made Baekhyun notice her, the faster he would be gone, right? Then she could go back to her normal life.

As she dressed herself for school, she smiled at the fact that she had an upper edge against Taeyeon now. Wasn’t getting an angel basically God’s way of saying he favored her for Baekhyun over Taeyeon? She hadn’t been so happy while going to school in a while, and once she got there, Taemin noticed it immediately.

“Something good happen?” he asked when he saw her in such a good mood. Honestly, he had been expecting Boyeon to skip school today to mope. She had always been a little overdramatic, and he figured that seeing Baekhyun only a few days after hear heartbreak would be too much for her.

But surprisingly, Boyeon sauntered into her class. Taemin gave her an odd look before heading off to his own.

“Good morning, everyone,” said Boyeon’s homeroom teacher, Mr. Park. He was a student favorite, teaching music and literature, and was affectionately called Leeteuk by his students. The students happily greeted back before everyone began talking about how their weekends had been. After Mr. Park had gotten the students to settle down, he announced that a new student would be coming to the class. “Everyone, I would like you to welcome our new student from China, Xi Luhan!”

Boyeon’s jaw dropped as she watched none other than Luhan strut through the door, wearing the school uniform. However, her jaw wasn’t the only one that dropped. As Luhan walked to the front of the class, Boyeon heard a few giggles coming from a group of girls who sat behind her, and there were whispers all over the room.

“Hello, everyone. My name is Luhan and I just moved here. I hope you’ll take care of me.” After the introduction, Boyeon realized that was still hanging open. She snapped it shut.

“Where would you like to sit, Luhan?” Mr. Park asked. “There are a few empty seats around the room. Take your pick.” Without fail, and much to Boyeon's chagrin, Luhan picked the seat of Boyeon’s right, at the very end of the second row. “Alright class!” Mr. Park said before diving into their literature lesson.

“What are you doing here?” Boyeon whispered as calmly as she could to avoid making a scene.

“Research,” Luhan answered, equally calm. “How am I supposed to make you better than Taeyeon if I don’t ever meet Taeyeon?”

Darn it. He had a point.

“Fine. How did you know where to find me?”

“Your computer.”

“What do you mean?”

“I read through all your stuff.”

“You what?!?!”

“Don’t make a scene,” he hissed. "You put your class name on your assingments. I just looked up the local high school and came to your class." Boyeon took deep breaths to calm herself. Sure, Luhan might have seen her computer, but it didn’t mean he read all the embarrassing stories she wrote about Baekhyun, did it?

“By the way,” he added. “I’m on chapter twelve of Love’s Way. I think your grammar needs a little bit of work.”

Boyeon put her head down on her desk and fought the urge to cry out of embarrassment. Not even Taemin knew about those stories! They were the most private aspect of her entire life!

“It’s a good story, though,” Luhan later said, like an afterthought. Boyeon didn’t know whether to punch him or to thank him, though the former would have probably been more satisfying.

By lunch, most of the girls in the class had noticed that Luhan had been only talking to Boyeon. At first they thought it was because Boyeon was his seatmate, but Boyeon hardly talked to anyone, let alone in a friendly manner. So when the class was filing out for lunch, the giggling gaggle of girls stopped the two from leaving.

“Lulu~” one girl cooed. Boyeon instantly made a face. Cha Hyojin was one of the most annoying girls in her class. She was all about pink, and make-up, and boys – but now that Boyeon thought about it, she realized she herself wasn’t that different, minus the make-up part.

Luhan turned around, an incredulous look on his face. “Lulu? Did you seriously just call me that?”

“Of course,” Cha Hyojin said as she can her clique walked closer to him. “It’s cute, right?”

“I’m a guy,” Luhan said. “And we’re not even on a first-name basis. I don’t even know who you are.”

“You can find out.” Hyojin winked, and Luhan looked absolutely horrified.

“No, thanks.” He grabbed Boyeon by the arm and quickly began walking to the door. “Come on. Let’s go get lunch.”

Boyeon looked down at her arm. Even after leaving the classroom, Luhan had not let go of it. He was just heatedly mumbling about those girls from earlier. “Are all earth girls so brash?” he asked aloud. “Seriously, they have no shame whatsoever. Distasteful.” Suddenly, he stopped in his tracks. “Oh! I had almost forgotten! Was Baekhyun in that class?”

Boyeon nodded. “Yeah, he was.”

Luhan frowned. He had noticed Boyeon staring at someone in the front row, but he had dismissed it as her paying attention and looking at the front of the class. “You stared at him the entire time, didn’t you?” Boyeon didn’t respond. She only blushed. Luhan rolled his eyes. “Anyway, it’s lunch time, and I have no idea where we’re going. Take me to the cafeteria, will you?”

“Oh!” Boyeon exclaimed. “We have to meet up with Taemin! He’s probably looking for me.”

“Who’s Taemin?” Luhan asked, his nose scrunching up.

“My best friend,” Boyeon answered nonchalantly. “He’s awesome. You’ll like him for sure.”

Luhan snorted. “If he’s so great, just date him instead of pining after Baekhyun.”

“He has a girlfriend, so shut it.” The boy frowned, but let Boyeon drag him off to meet Taemin anyway.

They found Taemin class 2-A, sitting on a desk, talking to another boy. “Taemin-ah!” Boyeon called out.

“Boyeon-ah!” Taemin sang back, looking up at her. His brows furrowed when he saw the boy holding onto Boyeon. Who was he? The two walked over to Taemin and his friend.

“Ah, hello, Jonginnie,” Boyeon greeted politely.

“Hello, Boyeon-ah,” Kim Jongin greeted back, a pleasant smile on his face. If Boyeon was Taemin’s best female friend, Jongin was his best male friend. The two had met in high school and had been nearly inseparable ever since. However, Boyeon hadn’t gotten to know Jongin well yet since she was in a different class than the one Jongin and Taemin were in. Even so, Boyeon and Jongin had always liked each other and had gotten along well. “Who’s your friend?”

“This is Xi Luhan,” Boyeon said, using the fake surname Luhan had given himself earlier. “He’s a transfer from China, and I’m showing him around.” Jongin instantly fell for the act. He cheerfully introduced himself to Luhan, and the two began chatting. Taemin, however, was not so easily convinced. If he had just come to the school today, why was he touching Boyeon? Boyeon didn’t let just anyone touch her – Taemin himself had been friends with her for a while before she became comfortable with him touching her.

“You know you’re going to have to explain this to me later, right?” he said in a low voice.

Boyeon winced. She knew Taemin would have to find out at some point, but explaining would be so…

How should she put it?

Awkward.

But there was nothing she could do about it. Better she tell him than he find out on his own. “Yeah. Walk home from school with us. I’ll tell you everything then.”

“Fine with me,” Taemin said cheerily, his mood having changed immediately. “Nice to meet you, Luhan. I’m sure Boyeon told you all about how much she loves me. I’m Lee Taemin.”

Boyeon suppressed the urge to groan. Why, oh, why did Taemin pick this very second to be a ? She kicked him in the shin and smiled when he winced. “Let’s get to lunch! We’re gonna have no time to eat left if we don’t hurry up!”

“She’s right,” Jongin said, standing up. “Come on, Luhan-ssi. I’ll show you where the cafeteria is.” Jongin and Luhan walked out of the classroom, and a few girls squealed at seeing the two good-looking males together. Taemin and Boyeon rolled their eyes and followed them out.

“Are you trying to use him to make Baekhyun jealous or something?” Taemin whispered to Boyeon. “I don’t think that’ll work.”

“I’m not. I’ll tell you later, alright?” Boyeon said in exasperation before going to catch up with Luhan and Jongin. Taemin frowned. He wasn’t sure why, but he was getting the feeling that everything was about to get really weird.

He was right, of course.


So, Luhan is sort of the sass master of this story sassy Lulu is the best Lulu hehehehe

Anyway, KYAAAAAAA~~!!!!!! Have you seen it? Have you seen it? IT'S SO COOOOOOOOOOL like I knew it'd be cool but it's so much cooler than I thought it would be and the song sounds good and the dance is gonna rock and it has a J-rock feel to it but without the actual rock part and this is just toooooooo muchhhhh hurry up August 18th!!!!!
HERE IT IS: TAEMIN'S SOLO DEBUT MV TEASER!!!!!!! Watch it if you haven't already, and if you have, watch it again! I am just so pumped! Like Jonghyun totally summed up my feels with his tweet. He is president of the Taemin fanclub, lol Taemin_1407720471_20140810_taemin_7.jpg

But for reals how can you not be pumped I mean look at him he looks like Jongin!!! *weeps happy tears* I swear they're long-lost cousins or something...

Okay, I'm good.