You Asked for It

What You Need

Hehe, I have subs! Here we get to see if Boyeon gets what she wished for or not! :)


Chapter Two: You Asked for It

 

“Hey.”

Boyeon barely stirred.

“Hey, wake up.”

Boyeon felt a prodding on her cheek, but she just rolled over. Only half awake, she thought to herself, “Can’t I sleep in on a Saturday after I just had my heart broken?” But then, a much important question came to mind.

Who was poking her?

Her father was out of the question. He was on a business trip in Busan and wouldn’t be back until the middle of the week.

Her mother was also out of the question. She always went for a morning jog on Saturdays before going out to meet with her book club.

Her brother was very unlikely. Unless Sanghyuk had suddenly developed an affinity for the morning after staying up all night playing video games like he did every Friday, it was impossible that he was the one poking her cheek.

Thus, Boyeon ended up doing all she could to keep in a blood-curdling scream.

“Who are you?” she asked, drawing the cover around her protectively. In her room, standing next to her bed, was a boy. He looked a little younger than she was, with bright eyes and strong cheekbones, and on top of that, he was very good-looking. He was dressed in a sweatshirt and jeans, and looked like anyone off the street. So, naturally, it really bothered Boyeon that he wasn’t in the streets and was instead in her room.

She held back another scream.

“Well, that’s why I was trying to wake you up. I didn’t want you to just find me here, so I thought it would be better if I introduced myself.” Boyeon was still hiding under her blanket. “Anyway, I’m Luhan. I’m here to help you.”

Despite the weirdness of the situation, Boyeon raised an eyebrow. “Help me?”

“Remember? You asked for help? Sent a prayer up to heaven? Something about a boy and being perfect – if you don’t mind, could you explain it to me? I didn’t really get a proper mission briefing before being sent down here.”

Boyeon just stared at him. “What do you mean you were sent?”

“Sent to answer your prayers, duh!” the so called “Luhan” said, placing his hands on his hips. “I thought it was obvious. Why couldn’t they have given me a smarter girl for my first mission? I’m so unprepared.”

Han Boyeon let Luhan’s ramblings fade into background noise. Was he really sent from heaven to answer her prayers? Did God really pay attention to her last night? But of course, that didn’t answer her number one question. “Are you, like, an angel or something?” she asked.

His face fell. “Um, well, actually…” He thought about it for a minute. She didn’t really need to know the secret of his origin, did she? Angel was a good enough excuse. He was ranked lower than the angels, but he had lunch with them from time to time, and they didn’t seem all that different from regular people. They flew and glowed and stuff, but that wasn’t a big deal, right? Even Luhan himself could fly up there, and he was sort of low on heaven’s pecking order. “Pretty much,” Luhan said, allowing a smirk to come onto his face.

But what she said next shocked him. “I never thought angels would be so rude.”

“I’m not rude!” he exclaimed indignantly. “If anything, you’re rude. I just showed up to make your wildest dreams come true and you treat me like this?”

“Okay, okay,” she hissed. “Not so loud. You’ll wake up my brother, and I don’t want to know what he’ll think about me having a boy in my room, alright? Let’s just go get coffee or something and talk about this.” She crawled out of bed and walked lazily to her closet. After grabbing some clothes, she then started making her way to the bedroom door.

“Where are you going?” Luhan asked.

“To the bathroom. I can’t change with you in here. I thought it was obvious.” Luhan winced as he heard his own remark fired back at him. Boyeon slammed the door shut, and Luhan started to feel a little sorry for making her so upset.

At the coffee shop, Luhan sipped on his latte Boyeon had bought for him. He had forgotten one crucial thing about coming to earth:

Earth people used money. Luhan had none of that.

Earth people also needed to eat, sleep, and go to the bathroom. Luhan wasn’t sure if he needed to do those things, though. The guys up in heaven hadn’t been entirely clear. How was he supposed to get through his first ever mission without knowing what he needed to be successful?

Well, the first thing he needed to know about his mission was exactly what his mission was.

“Hey, Boyeon?” he said. She looked up at him. “Um, could you explain to me what happened? I’m not sure what’s going on.”

She let out such a long sigh that her bangs flew out of her face and settled back on her forehead. “It’s a long story. Well, I guess it’s not, really. I’ve liked Byun Baekhyun since the third grade, but he’s never noticed me.”

“Third grade?” Luhan asked, letting out an impressed whistle. “Wow.”

“I thought he really didn’t pay that much attention to girls in general. I mean, he played with them, but I wanted to be liked by him, not played by him, so I never really tried to get close with him. Plus, I’m kind of shy.” Luhan had a hard time believing the girl who had remorselessly sassed him only earlier that morning was shy, but he had spent enough time around women before to know that that was not the thing to say. Instead, he just nodded for her to continue. “But yesterday, it got out that’s he’s been dating this girl for like six months now. Her name is Kim Taeyeon, and she’s perfect. You really have to see her to believe her, Luhan. She’s got this really pretty smile and nice hair that does whatever she wants it to and she doesn’t need to wear make-up to look pretty but she wears it anyway and she sings really well and–” It was somewhere around this point that Luhan realized that Boyeon’s rambling had melted into crying. His expression grew soft as the girl turned her gaze down toward the table, quietly letting tears fall on her coffee cup.

“You must really like him a lot,” was all Luhan could say.

Boyeon nodded. “I guess it’s really stupid of me, but I can’t imagine not liking him, you know? Like, I’ve liked him so long that I don’t really know what I’m like when I’m not liking him. I just used the word ‘like’ so many times,” she groaned, putting her head on the table. Luhan gave her an odd look, but there were other matters at hand.

“So, you want to be like this Taeyeon girl.”

“Sort of,” Boyeon confessed, blushing a bit. “I’d really prefer it if Baekhyun liked me for me, but maybe if I could sing better or if I were prettier, he’d notice me and want to date me like he’s dating Taeyeon.”

Luhan propped his chin up on his hand. “I know this is kinda counterproductive, but have you ever considered that this Baekhyun guy likes Taeyeon not because she’s pretty or because she can sing, but because he just likes her?”

Boyeon began to sob.

“I-I-I’m sor-r-r-r-ry,” Luhan spluttered, suddenly wishing he had a handkerchief or something to give her to wipe her tears away. “I shouldn’t have said that. I mean, I’ve only known you for a little while, but you seem cool, Boyeon. I’m sure that with my help, Baekhyun will think you’re cool, too and when he breaks up with Taeyeon, he can go out with you!”

“Thank you,” she said quietly as she wiped her face with the back of her sleeve. She really did mean it. Having a male who wasn’t Taemin or her father compliment her was astounding. She felt confidence begin to bubble up in her, and, for the first time since hearing Baekhyun’s dating news, she thought she actually had a chance.

She smiled, and Luhan did too.


The idea of Luhan being an angel-thingy makes me smile (which is how we ended up with this random fanfic I totally wrote on a whim).

In random news, Taemin is blonde. With a middle part. At first I was like "ehhh" but he actually looks good in it, haha! *why am I fangirling so hard over Tae Minho is my bias ughhhhh*

In other random news, EXO-M's Thunder is the stuuuuffff.