Chapter 4

Um.

hey guys, before anything else, when it gets to 'Vampire' already, it means that it's the boys' POV. And when you see 'Human,' it means it's back to Iseul. See ya at the end of the chapter!


Chapter 4

 

Then, he gave me a long, sweet kiss on the lips.

Time stopped for a moment.

    Inhaeng kissed me. He actually kissed me. For God's sake, he actually kissed me! When his lips parted from mine, he gave me a cheeky grin. I assumed my face was as red as a very expensive red lipstick. Well, RIP to me. I knew from the day I became friends with them I was gonna die from sudden heart attacks and . I have idea what I'm feeling now. Am I mad? Completly stupid? I guess we'll never know.

       "Enjoyed it?"

       And the very stupid and slow-to-react me, just decided to say, "Uh," That 'uh' will haunt me forever.

       He chuckled before saying, "By the way, your parents might be looking for you , so better hurry home."

     "Aha, right."

     And before I knew it, he was already gone. Then I immediately sprinted home since I would raise suspicion from my parents. When I got inside, I silently thanked the heavens because they were still sleeping. I soundlessly tiptoed to my room and carefully closed the door. The memory of what happened earlier overpowered all the other things going through in my mind.

     When Inhaeng kissed me, I knew he truly loved me. The sincerity, sweetness and the gentle feeling that was in it confirmed it. That I knew because I experienced it before with another person. Suddenly, I felt the strong urge to sit down. I dropped down to the wooden floor with a thud. The feeling of loneliness and insecurity enveloped me whole. And this only means one thing, I'm starting to remember all the things that I shared with my first love.

      I don't want to remember. I swallowed the big lump in my throat as I reminisced those times. If what happened to he and I will happen again, I'll never love anyone again. I've never brought this topic up to anyone, even my parents. Feeling tired of sitting down on the floor, I silently stalked towards my bed and looked outside the window. Foggy and cold. Just like the end of our relationship that time. 

      Before I knew it, tears were already making their way downwards. Why did Inhaeng have to kiss me? Why, why, why, why, WHY? It's not his fault for liking me, he should've thinked twice before he did anything! After thinking about it a bit more I gave up whether or not he had commited a fault. Either way, it's not gonna get me anywhere. The locket in my heart is still unopened and I'm not going to give the key any time soon. 

      Haven't I moved on? Hadn't I accepted the reality he had given me? I was so desperate, so desperate that I could give my own life. Dammit...I just want to stop already. Stop, Stop, Stop, Stop, Stop! I groaned in frustatration at myself. I grabbed the small pillow and threw it on the floor mercilessly. After I vented out some of my anger, I threw my back against the soft cushions of my bed and stared blankly at the ceiling. 

      I aimlessly let my hand get my phone on the bedside table letting some little things come tumbling down to the floor. I the phone and looked at the time. 7:01 was there in its thin white font. The radiation coming off was currently hurting my eyes a bit. I let out a heavy sigh in hopes of casting off all the negativity in me. I put my phone back in its place and rolled and twisted on the bed.

      After a moments of heavy worrying, I just sang my favorite song when I was a bit younger. Execpt faster since I prefer to listen to songs in nightcore.

      "I was thinkin' 'bout you,

Thinkin' 'bout me,

Thinkin' 'bout us,

What we gonna be?

Open my eyes,

It was only just a dream

       I remember the desperation as I pleaded for him to stay with me, I didn't care of what we did as long as we were together, it's fine with me. He said it was all an act: the sweet and dirty words that were exchanged, happiness that was forevermore, comfort in each other's presence, and small kisses that peppered our skins. It was all a damn lie. The words couldn't come out from my mouth, instead a barely audible whisper that was "please... stay."

Travel back down that road,

Will you come back?

No one knows

I realize, it was only just a dream."

         The melody combined with my soft vocals made it even more emotional. My voice was so beautiful like windchimes singing their mesmerizing tune riding on the wind, or so the people who heard it said. Before I knew it, cold tears cascaded down from my eyes. The love story we wrote ended up in flames. I didn't care if he was with another girl, a guy even, as long as we're together.... it's good enough, really.

         But, now, I met wondeful beings that came into my life yet here I am, wallowing over history. They would make me happy, but is it really happiness for me? The tears slowly dropping onto the sheets and leaving a tiny cold patch. No words came out. Just the breathing and the sounds of birds singing their song outside were heard.

         I'm afraid of hurting the people who made me feel special. I'm afraid of that one wrong move and everything will go down in ruins. I'm afraid of severing the bonds I made with them. But most of all... I'm afraid of hurting myself in the end. True love doesn't exist. It's just a damn fairy tale but everyone believes in it. What's there to believe when it wasn't even really there? True love is just one hell of a believable lie. What are they even doing? They're just stupidly grasping at straws.

         I don't think I can be able to voice these thoughts out to anyone. A bittersweet, raspy chuckle came out of my mouth. Damn fairy tales like Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, and all those other trash can get a one-way ticket down to hell. I used to like Cinderella when I was a child, but as I grew older, I realized a prince, rats that will help you get the prince to love you, fairy godmother and a princess were just an illusion.

         Illusions that will get avid fans of this trash get even more drunk with every story they'll see. One day... they'll see. They'll all see. True love simply doesn't exist. It just doesn't. Call me a jerk or an , but nobody is going to help you. You have to help yourself; nobody is going to take their time of day to get what you want. The scars, pain, tolerance and patience will prove how much you've been through to get there.

         The saying: "you have to write your own story'' is true, but you and you only have the privilege to write it. The world's not gonna provide a prince to fight for. It's your choice if you want to fall in love or not. I treated someone I loved with everything I've got, but he treated me lowly and let me tumble downwards a spiral torwards sadness. And now that I'm smarter, I'm not going to make the same mistake twice.

I'm never loving someone again.


Vampires

           "Dude, no way in hell that you did that to Iseul." 

          Everyone in the room froze. Heecheon and Younghoon wondered if he would punch Inhaeng. The glee and hapiness Inhaeng had felt had slowly turned into fear. The fear of what's gonna happen to him just because he kissed Iseul. Well, he did taint the pure white of hers that was once shared before.

           "You . You ing ." Most of the surprise when the words were said was that because it was from Yoondong. "You know what? I'm done, I'm so ing done." With that, he left the room to go to his sanctuary also known as his bedroom.

           Loud, slow claps were heard after. Turns out, they were from Sungho and Heecheon. Never knew they were sarcastic bastards? Well now you know. Sungho's face was somewhat praisingly mocking Inhaeng together with the appropriate facial expressions. While Heecheon was just staring blankly at Inhaeng with his mouth open in a sarcastic manner. Sungho plus Heecheon equals the Negative Nobodies.

            "Now you've done it." Jaeyong said while being cautious of Younghoon loudly cracking his knuckles. Younghoon was approching Inhaeng in a threatening manner whilst the Negative Nobodies' claps become more audible and their howls were heard. The formula for Jaeyong and Younghoon is: Jaeyong plus Younghoon equals your Typical Violent Police Officer and Typical 'omg-stop-pls' Police Officer. 

            Inhaeng was now slowly backing up because of the threatening Younghoon. The Negative Nobodies were doing the Hunger Games' gesture for someone who is loved is going to be gone. Yoondong was still wallowing over the fact that Inhaeng has kissed his precious girl, while Jaeyong was having a panic attack.

             "You little , come here!" With those words Inhaeng quickly sprinted outside, making Younghoon hunt him down.

            This day was not an ordinary day for them, all because of one girl. And also because Yoondong was not the type to lock himself in his room. God bless you Yoondong.


Human

             Before I knew it, the day passed by quickly. The homework in which I almost forgot to do is done, all my things are in my bag, phone is fully charged and reviewed some parts of the lessons just to be ready for tomorrow. I released a deep breath. I don't wanna run and never stop, I just want to stop, drop and roll. The thinking I did earlier made me even more stressed out.

              I crashed down on my bed and thought about life. How many times have I done this before? One time it was about marriage, another time it was about the beauty of a person and today I'm thinking about school. Why do I even do this to myself? Don't I love myself? If I did then I wouldn't be doing this again.

              Why do we need school? Well, the purpose of it is to educate kids to have a better society, make them be the best they can be and have a stable job in the future. Why do they need to fabricate the world when we're staring right at it? Oh, yeah, because it's their duty to. 'Make them the best they can be,' sigh... they mean: to make kids smart and they'll have to pressure themselves to get the lecture faster than others and, the most important rule of being a smart student, never let someone's expectation of you go crumbling down. Hah, pressure.

               'Have a stable job in the future.' Well, here's school again with another lie! Having higher-than-average grades doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a stable job in the future. Not everyone wants to become someone that has a blue collar job, or even better than that. Some people just want to do what they want to do, ya' know. If you want to dance, then dance! If you want to paint, then paint! Noone's gonna stop you. Except your parents. But it's your life so make the most of it and don't let others affect you. And if they do, well, they're s.

               Even though right now I'm still studying, I'll just make the most of it. So that my parents can be proud of me, even though they're not. Series of soft maniacal giggles escaped my lips. Ah, what a joy is it to be alive. 

               Right now, I have nothing but my knowledge, parents and the guys. Younghoon, Sungho, Inhaeng, Jaeyong, Heecheon and Yoondong. Sooner or later, the time will come when we're nothing but memories to keep. History, to be frank. But they made me happy by being themselves and pretty much their existence in my life. I wonder if I make them happy... I wonder if my very existence brings them happiness... hah, I doubt that. I'm probably just their love interest. Nothing more than that.

              "Iseul! It's dinner already so come down!" My mom's voice rang out through the entire house. Oh, and just another fact about me: I'm not my mother's biological daughter. In other words, I'm adopted. Remember when I said 'so that my parents can be proud of me, even though they're not?' Yeah, most of that is based on me being adopted. Mom had a baby before, but unfortunately he died a month after his birth because something was not right.

               I silently walked to my slippers and wore them, then shuffled quietly to the dining table, which is in the kitchen.

               "Took you enough time." Mom spat at me. Don't worry, I've been living with this broken mother for years.

               "Where's Dad?" I asked in such a manner that would hopefully not displease her. She's so picky about everything.

               "I thought told you enough times already that you will not call Myungchul, 'dad'"

                Oh, another thing: She doesn't allow me to her 'mom' or Myungchul 'dad.' She said that I am forbidden to call them that because it was only for her deceased son. Myungchul doesn't even love Hwekyung. That's right, my 'mom''s name is Hwekyung. Myungchul always comes home late in his drunken stupor, Hwekyung gets mad at him and helps him become sober, then in the morning, Myungchul apologizes and says sweet nothings to Hwekyung and she just magically falls in love with him all over again. The cycle just continues. But today, he comes home right on time for dinner. 

               "Oh. I was just a slip of the tongue."

               "Do not ever do it again or I'll cut out your tongue."

               Before I could reply, I heard footsteps coming into the room. They were burly, loud and big. Obviously Myungchul's. The finally sober man got a hold of his mind.

               "Myungchul! I told you to come down minutes ago." There she goes again. Nothing we can do about that. She verbally abuses me while her tone changes when she talks to Myungchul. I don't know if he knows that she's like that or he just has a lot of sympathy for her and he won't ever leave her. Myungchul's probably all Hwekyung has. 

               "Didn't hear you," Oh really? "I came down to drink water but apparently we're already having dinner." See what I mean about Myungchul? But that doesn't change anything when it comes down to me. He's no different than her when it all comes down to Iseul, the girl who has everything but nothing in her life.

                They spoke with each other for some more and eventually ate. I just ate my food without complaint. After all, this is just instant ramyun. Instant ramyun for me, while homemade food for them. I didn't know how to cook, so even if I complained, it would be useless. Honestly, I've never once eaten homemade food. As in actual homemade food when you've been officially adopted. The only time I ate food like that was from the Center for Adoption. It was given to me by my nanny Soonmi. I never knew food like that would be very, very precious.

                Once I've finished eating, I took my bowl and washed it and returned it inside the drawer. 

               "Hwekyung, Myungchul, I'll be going up now." I did a 45-degree angle bow and turned my back. Instead of taking steps to the stairs, I fell forward. Hard. Before I fell down, there was a solid, painful force that had four points on it which had been used to commit this incident. It was the chair I sat on. I thought Myungchul would've did this to me, but it was done by Hwekyung. I slowly stood up, not triggering the instant pain.

               "You piece of trash."

                "Get out of this house."

               

                I turned my entire body to face them. What I got was a slap from the one and only, Hwekyung. Followed by a joyous kick from your highness, Myungchul. That sent me toppling again to the ground. This time, I sat there. Hwekyung took plates and glasses then threw them at me. One plate had a direct hit to my chest and two glasses broke which caused me to have cuts on my face and legs.

                Myungchul took furious steps toward me and - since he was pratically a ing giant - pulled my hair, lifting me centimeters off the ground. A strangled cry came out from me. I clawed at his hands using my uneven, long nails. Then he threw me in mid-air and sent a wonderful and splendid kick to my stomach. I breathed heavily beside a drawer. For once, I took a look at my surroundings.

               Small puddles of blood, shining crystal pieces of the broken glass, plates everywhere and a chair on the floor. I stood up. Tears were still behind my eyes. Who knew, a dinner with the family - no, a dinner with strangers can turn into something so brutal.

               "Well? What are you waiting for?" Myungchul's voice boomed. It rang endlessly in my ears.

               "Pack your things and leave forever," Hwekyung continued for him. "We've had enough of you in our lives."

               "You little . Do you even know hard it was on us to raise you?! While you were laughing without a care in the world, we were working our asses off! For who? YOU! And what's the ing benefit?! NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! My son died a month after his birth and you didn't show a single thing! Not even empathy! YOU'RE A HOMELESS, PARENTLESS AND A ING SPOILED BRAT! When my son left me, everything didn't matter anymore. But we chose you, a bright star in the dreamless sky, to adopt! And what are you even doing?! YOURSELF AROUND SIX GUYS! SIX! Do you have any shame?!" Myungchul yelled at me.

                 But... how... THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW A SINGLE THING ABOUT ME! And then they say I'm around six guys?! So Myungchul is the good guy when I've seen him around a countless number of girls?! Even though he's in his 40s, I've seen him and a little girl getting it on?! And he says I'm the . Where's the ing justice?!

             "You shameless, spoiled ." Hwekyung scathed at me. "GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE!"


                   Tears fell endlessly as I'm sitting behind a dumpster. Careful not to make any noise. I'm nothing now. I'm nothing more than a living corpse. My clothes are in a bag which was slung on my shoulder. The important things are in a handbag. After a solid 20 minutes, my phone rang. The ringtone was different. I had a different ringtone for the guys, and a different one for the poeple who aren't just such as important.

                    I opened my phone and checked the message. It must be a miracle. It's from Younghoon! I read it slowly, savoring it as even more crytals fell on my cheek.

                    It said: 

Hey, it's gonna be fine :)) Look forward. Literally.

                    I was confused first, but eventually I followed his request and looked forward. What I saw was Younghoon's hand stretched out for me.

                   "Y-Younghoon... I..." My words were slurred and incoherent. My hand was terribly shaking as I yearned for his cold touch. When he got a hold of me, adruptly he pulled me up and encased me in a warm embrace. 

"Shh... it's okay. I'm here." He soothingly traced my head using his fingers, slowly descending to my cheek, rasing my head.

His lips came dangerously close to mine

But, a last minute decision,

He peppered his lips onto my forehead.

 

Thank you...


Author's Note

                    HELLO HELLO I'M BACK AFTER A MONTH OF SUSPENSE FOR YOU GUYS. Guess what? ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER. (readers: author-nim stop pls) Don't worry, since it is already Christmas break, there's a good chance that I'll update this at least in these 2 weeks. (readers: author-nim i hate u) Presenting this story... ENJOY THESE 3.3K SHIET I LOVE U GUYS

*12/24/'14 I just noticed