Chapter 3

Um.

Chapter 3

    I thought my eyesight failed me right there. How can a person's eyes be ruby red then back to normal the next second? I turned my head to the direction to see what they were looking at. I saw a little girl, probably 3 or 4 years old, with a gash on her left leg. The gash was fairly large, blood spewing out slowly. The little girl was crying loudly, her mom was calming her down. The mom looked pretty embarrassed.

   The guys looked tense. Shoulders up and jaws tightened. I heard Sungho, who was beside me, swallow. I craned my neck just a bit to see that his neck was also tight. All of the guys were still staring at the little girl, who was now calming down.

   "Let's go." Younghoon said through tight teeth. As if on cue, all of them turned at the same time.

    We were now walking towards somewhere. None of them said a word since we left the entrance. My mind racked for ideas as to why would they react like that. They suddenly saw little girl with a gash on her leg spewing blood slowly and then they become tense? Ehem. Supernatural issues. Ehem. Anyways, that idea is unapplicable. I didn't notice that we stopped in front of a dessert shop. My eyes scanned the menu, all of the food were sweets. Sweets for breakfast, ice cream for lunch, and brownies for dinner. They had different choices for each.

    "Why don't we eat here?" Inhaeng suggested. By the sounds of the guys grunts, they seemed to have agreed. Inhaeng looked at me with his doe eyes. "Iseul?" He asked for my confirmation. I nodded my head and walked in the restaurant. People were chatting happily with each other, I even noticed some girls staring at us. Well, I suppose that's what I get for hanging out with six dudes who look like famous male models.

      Sungho, who was a little small but still taller than me, looked adorable. Younghoon was basically the definition of perfection. Heecheon looked like a frail doll, like if you touched him he would break. Jaeyong is the perfect example of a Korean-something-nationality model. Inhaeng is kinda like your boy-next-door type of guy, and has a funny personality, well, who wouldn't love him? As for Yoondong, if you only knew how much self-control it takes not to squish his face between my palms. 

      Hanging out with these guys sure does have its cons. Like, zero self-esteem and a lot of people gawking. I never really was the type to take pride in my looks, sure everyone has their own beauty, but I just don't want to push it. The stares and glances girls were giving them, and some guys were giving me secret looks. I even heard one dude say 'hey, look at the cute girl, let's ask for her number,' but the dude noticed I was with these six extraterrestrial-beings and ducked his head. Well, me being labelled as 'cute girl' definitely flattered me.

      After that little scene, we ordered some pastries and chocolates and chomped down. I've noticed something about myself, I never seem to eat as much as I do at home. I crooked my neck a little bit, it was a little habit. My eyes settled on the sweets in front of me, honey bread, chocolate bread, bite-sized pieces of Cadbury, and three pieces of KitKat. I stared at them for a little longer, it's not like I wanted to eat, but I had nothing to do but wait. 

       I was so absorbed in my thoughts that I didn't notice that the guys were already standing up and walking out. I instantly stood up and followed them. I just hope no one noticed that.

       "Here," Jaeyong opened his palm, and there laid the three pieces of KitKats. "You can have it, we bought it for you." His arm streched out longer, and put the chocolates in my hand, his fingers gingerly brushed against the skin there, making me blush a bit.  

        "Thanks," I murmurmed in a quiet voice.

         All of a sudden, Inhaeng, who was right next to me, took my hand in his. His hand was cold, like it was right in front of an airconditioner for a long time. I shivered a bit, but adjusted to the temperature. His action made me blush furiosly and looked at my feet.

         "Yah, she's mine!" Inhaeng said while he made a silly and distorted face at Jaeyong. Wait, 'she's mine'? God, how many days has it been since I've first met them and now they're making these kinds of jokes? Not that I would complain though, it's nice to have something like this for once in your life. But then again, I was pretty sure that my blush darkened. This dude will be the death of me.

          "Look!" Heecheon looked at me with a smug smirk. "Iseul's blushing!" He went to my back and backhugged me, at the same time, Inhaeng let his hand go of mine. Then I looked at his face only to find that he was also smirking. Heecheon suddenly buried his face on my neck, my hands went up slowly to his arms that was wrapped around my shoulders and chest. I think my blush fiercely flamed, even if that was possible. Heecheon and I probably looked like a couple now. 

           "Y-yah..." I said in a squeeky voice, in which I had not expected. It almost came out like a whisper, but a little louder. But not too loud, it was kinda like a soft voice. And here right now I'm actually caring about how my voice sounded? Unbelievable. I guess I can let my guard down with them...

            Heecheon paused for almost a second, but buried his face deeper.

            "You are so cute!" He cooed. Him. Actually. Cooing. Over. Me. Unreal.

             "Yah!" I broke out of his grip and did a pout at him.

             "Nope!" Then I found Sungho's face right on my shoulder, his arms s around my waist. He had a mishevious smile on his face. "Mine!" He pulled me closer to his body. Dear Lord, please give me the strength to survive these boys. I saw Younghoon quietly chuckling to himself, and Yoondong sighing and hiding his face. He must be embarrassed by them. Me too, Yoondong, me too. 

              Before I knew it, we were all having fun together. We didn't even noticed that the sky was starting to darken, how time flies when you're having fun. We went outside of the mall and proceeded walking toward the bus stop. The bus arrived right on time, just as we stopped there. We hopped ourselves on the bus and sat down. When the boys stepped, it was like nothing. Air. I didn't hear anything at all. Or, not only that my eyesight has failed me, my hearing was also started getting worse. Absolutely incredible.

              The entire bus was silent, but it was comfortable. Some people sleeping, some listening to music, and some plainly staring out the window.

              "Iseul?" Yoondong whispered, he was seated next to me. Sungho was seated with Younghoon, Jaeyong with Inhaeng, and Heecheon as the lone wolf.

              "Hm?" I whispered back.

               "Do you need anyone to walk you home?" His tone was sincere and concerned.

               I pondered about it for a minute. Let's see, dark street? Check. The probability of me getting kidnapped? Check. Me being too scared? Check. "Yeah..." My answer was sorta shy, considering the offer he had given me

                He nodded and hesitantly held the right side of my right hand. I secretly took a peek at him and saw that he was staring out the window. Please, do not tell me he's a tsundere. I'm too weak for tsunderes. After for what seemed like 15 minutes, the bus stopped. The guys went down. Younghoon silently said a 'good night' to me with a wink. 

                 "Where is your stop?" Yoondong asked.

                  "Right after this one." I replied

                  "Huh, so we live close by...."

                   "Really?" I was curious, okay. "You all live close by?"

                    "Yeah."

                 His hand was still on mine, but now he took my entire hand. He must feel comfortable with me now. I slowly rested my head against his shoulder, I was getting quite sleepy.

                     "Hey," He murmured. "We're here."

                  Oh. Both of us stood up as the doors of the bus made the sound of them opening. Then, I heard a shriek, the voice seemed like it belonged to a girl. My heart beated faster, my palms were getting sweaty. Oh, thank God that Yoondong was with me. We started walking down the sidewalk to my house, the shrieking was still ringing in my head, so I clutched his hand tighter.

                   The whole walk toward my house was quiet, none of us said a word. I was too scared to say anything.

                   "Thanks for walking me." I gave him a little peck on his cheek. I smiled a sincere one. As just Yoondong was about to say something, the shriek was back. Only louder. My eyes darted everywhere, the bushes, the lamp posts, and the road. I was worried for him to get home now.

                    "Are you gonna be okay?" I asked him, even though his back was facing me already.

                    He flashed me a small smile, which made my heart flutter, and kissed my forehead. The fluttering was crazy now. I heard him say a silent 'goodbye.' I watched him as he went back toward the bus stop until he was out of my sight. I opened the door to my house and sighed. I don't even know why I sighed. But I was too tired to care about anything right now, I just want to lay in my bed already. I jogged quickly up the stairs and toward my room. I opened the door and dumped myself on the warm pillows and blankets of my bed. After a few seconds, I was in dreamland. 

                     Then I dreamt of the shrieks I heard, red eyes, and blood. My entire night went on like that in my mind.


   authors note

         Hello! I'm back once again after two weeks! Are you guys mad at me? I'm sorry if you think this chapter is kinda short. Please also do comment some ideas!! Thank you <3