Chapter 2

Um.

Chapter 2

  It's officially Monday. The day when I would go see Heecheon and the others. Yesterday, Sunday, the two of us somehow managed to find each other on Facebook. He said that he was the only one who had an account, then we got closer to the point of trading numbers. I know we're just talking to each other on the internet, but the fact I'm actually talking to him is enough to make me smile. I didn't even notice that my parents were in the room while I was still smiling like an idiot, then asked me if I was talking to a boy. I said yes and bombarded me with questions non-stop.

   Questions like: Do you like him? When did you meet? How did you meet? What's his name? Does he have an above average academic record? I was getting irritated by their questions and stopped answering them. Then they said it was disrespectful. Well, what the hell do you expect from me when I'm getting annoyed? Chances are that I stop answering and tell you to go out of the room, or, blow up at you. Since they're my parents, I decided to go with #1. Unless I want a week full of teasing and scolding from my brother and sister. But I'm frickin' 16-years-old in case they forgot.

   While I was chatting with Heecheon, I was reading some sites concerning the kinds of vampires and how they are like. The vampires which we know as the Nobles, or Counts, in a story or fanfiction is called a Homo Wampyrus Draco. They are everywhere, majority of it in North America, Britain, and Western Europe. They are extremely human in appearance, except for their retractable canine teeth. They have medium to poor tolerance to sunlight and might perish in a couple of hours of direct sunlight. They often gain their blood through willing donors who think they are mortal blood drinkers. I think I read it somewhere that this vampire is from Italy? Maybe, I don't really remember clearly.

    "HEY! Iseul!" Hoseok's voice rang over and over again in my ears. The moment he enters the class with that kind of noise, it will last the entire day. Anyways, I've survived it last year, being his classmate in our 2nd Year. If I did it once, then I can do it again. 

    "What?" My tone of voice wasn't really what I expected but I think it's enough to make him go away.

     He stared at me as if there was something wrong with me. I just hope that he didn't notice how tired I am. I mean, I prepared for a quiz (which took me 3 hours since my teacher in Math can't define what is a quiz and a test), then the entire family went out last night and got home at like 10:50 PM, then I had to practice the speech for a contest (I was the one who was going to host it). As hectic as life is right now, there's nothing music and anime can't do.

     "Are you okay? You look really pale and tired... You can sleep if you want." At times like this, I regret everything negative I said about him. I hate him for that. Dude can be annoying and loud, then morphs into a sweet guy. Where else can you find a guy like this? 

     "Nah, I'm fine." With that, he went out of the classroom and went to talk with his friends.

     Since nobody is in the room, I put my legs on top of the chair beside me and started to relax. I let my eyes close for a bit, then realized how tired I really was. My mind wandered on several different things. After a while, probably 5 mintues, I heard the door open. I quickly put my legs down from the chair and looked at the person who entered. But from the sounds of it, it didn't look like there was just one person.

     After stepping into the room, I automatically recognized the 2 girls. The first was Fira, don't ask me where she got her name from, she always had a messy seat. On the other hand, Lana, was someone who was the complete opposite of Fira. Fira had short frizzy, but manage-able hair. Lana had silky long jet-black hair. One thing they shared in common? The two absolutely loves gossiping. Sometimes, if I was bored enough, I would tune in to what they were saying. Not that they had anything good to say about anyone else, of course.

     The two exchanged more words and actions before setting down their things and heading out the room again. I was left to dwell in the silence once more. And I liked it. I let out a heavy sigh. I didn't know how I managed to get through every single day of the week listening to lessons and writing assignments, but I'm gonna do it again. If I remember correctly, I think I said to my friend, Jieun, that I was excited to get back to school. Well, that was probably the biggest lie I've ever told.

      My eyes focused on the board, table, the window pane, then the door. How much more time left til' I see Heecheon? Am I getting obssessed with him? Probably, probably not. Apparently one of the laws in my mind is if you don't have friends to chat with, always bring a book. Which I forgot at home. Out of all the days it could happen, it just had to be this one. My fingers were tapping lightly, careful not to make loud thumps, at a random beat. One second this song, then the other second that song. My eyes darted all over the room, focusing on one object, then unfocusing. Time had flown by quicker than I thought. 

      The door opened without a sound, so I was still there tapping and humming different songs.

      "Hey," The voice was near my ear, like it was just an inch from the person's lips to touching my ear. "Are you still on earth?" The voice was deep, but it isn't either. This had him going a few more times before I got back on earth. I quickly turned my head around and saw that it was Heecheon. A small smile danced on my lips.

      "Hey," I replied back, relieved. I didn't know why I was relieved though. I scanned his face two times, I made it sure just to let it be two. His skin was a dazzling porcelain white, the kind of shade you'd see on glass dolls. Under his eyes were big, but not that big eyebags. I could tell he was studying a lot, or, plainly watching TV and playing video games until late at night. I chose the positive one. Now that he was physically close to me, his height isn't ordinary for our age. He was a lot taller than the average tall students in the age group, if I stood next to him, I'd probably look like a dwarf. An ugly one, I added.

       A moment of silence filled the air. "Iseul, I want you to meet my friends," His expression was free, happy. Then he pointed behind me, I realized that there were other poeple in the room. "I'm pretty sure you know them already, but just for clarification." I turned front again. The guy with very white skin, but not pale, and with dimples came first into view. I think his name was Younghoon? Yeah. Younghoon.

       His full lips curved up into a warm smile. "Hi," He paused for a second. A mischievious glint in his eyes appeared, but went away as soon as I saw it. "Do you remember my name?"

       "Yes, of course. Kim Younghoon." I stated his full name just for reassurance in him. He was happy that I remembered him. How could I forget the names god-like beings in front of me? If I did, I must be as stupid as a rock. My eyes raked over the others, their eyes were on me too. The dude next to Younghoon was short, and had silver hair. I wonder how the school allowed that. Genes, I guessed.

        But before silver-hair dude could say anything, I said his name. "And you're Jo Sungho, am I correct?" I tilted my head just a bit for the effect. "Yeah," He nodded coolly. "But you could call me Dino." I also flashed him a smile and nodded.

        Then I started to state the names of each guy. "Lee Inhaeng," I pointed to the one with the bigger eyes than the rest. "Kim Jaeyong," Then the sun-kissed exotic beauty. "Kim Yoondong." The last one had even more of the sand color to his sand-brown hair.

         I looked at Heecheon for any signs that I was wrong, but lucky me there wasn't. He seemed impressed and sorta amused with me. "Well," He began. "You definitely got them all right, and you also stated them by their correct placement of age." Oh, so that's what he was amused about. To be honest, just by looking at them, you could easily tell who was older and who was younger, with the exeception of Inhaeng looking younger than Jaeyong. Which I'm never gonna tell him about, Heecheon chuckled a little like he just read my mind.

         "Well, now that everyone knows each other," Heecheon looked at us awkwardly. "What now?" The way he said it sounds more like a statement rather than a question. The 7 of us looked at each other, trying to find answers in their faces. I thought of the things I need to do after school, if there's no homework to be given today, and I pray not a single one would be given. Nothing really seemed to pop up.

         "Maybe we could go out later?" Sungho suggested. His skin definitely was one of his assets, it was white and it seemed to glitter when the sun's rays hit it. I laughed mentally at my own observation. The look on everyone's faces seemed to agree, maybe going out wouldn't be so bad. "Iseul?" He asked, his face showing signs of worry incase the idea didn't appeal to me. "Sure, I'll go." I smiled a small smile.

          The day went faster than I expected, which is good. I didn't expect our project in Math to be done so quickly, since it was quite easy, I must've done something wroong. Before I knew it, students were racing out the door to meet up with their other friends. I heard someone sit beside me, it was Yoondong. I acknowleged his presence incase he thought I was ingoring him. I was still fixing my things, ballpens and pencils in their right place, correction tape in the small compartment of my backpack. Yoondong's attention on me made me a bit concious of myself, I guess that's just the effect of someone inhumanely handsome staring at you. Once I fixed all my things, he spoke. 

           "Does this plan to go out with us irritate you?" He asked worriedly, and how in the world would this plan irritate me.

           I shook my head quickly at him. "No, it's just that since you're all new to me, and you guys are familliar with each other, it just makes me a bit..." My voice trailed off, I tried to think of the word that would suit the sentence. Uncomfortable? Weird? When I glanced at Yoondong, his expression seemed to have gotten my point. His face was the color of bread, not too brown-ish but not too white, and his eyes were adorably small. I think I glanced at him for too long, because he also glanced at me and both of our gazes fell to the ground.

          We stood up and walked through the white dull halls of the school. We kept walking until we heard a loud voice. "Iseulie~!" Ohmygod what did he just call me. "Over here!" The figure of the voice waved his hands to tell where they were. The guy who called me Iseulie was Inhaeng, he was with the others also. They must've been waiting for us. Yoondong and I stopped walking when we reached them, the guys looked excited to go already. People were looking with wide eyes and chatty mouths. I would expect Lana and Fira to talk to me about this tomorrow. But I have other important things to attend to.

           "Where are we going?" I asked, nobody told where were going.

           "Daera-gu." Younghoon replied to me in a sing-song voice while were walking to the venue. The others were already talking about something else but their voices were so low, I couldn't even hear them despite the close proximity. I inched closer to Younghoon. To be honest, I haven't been to Daera-gu yet. It was kinda like the area's mall, but other people kept on saying that a lot of people don't go there so it's nice. Daera-gu is close to our school, which makes it a win for the students.

           "How many times have you been there?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation.

           "Lots of times. We go there often, it's like our go-to place after school if there weren't any assignments given." 

           "Really?" I paused for effect. "It's going to be my first time going there." I smiled at the thought of the guys being with me at my first time going here. I know it's kinda a small thing, but ya' know. It makes me happy.

            His expression told me that he was honestly shocked at my answer. "How?" His eyes were wide and mouth slightly open. "It's so close to the school - yet this is your first time going there?"

            We kept the conversation going until we reached the entrance of Daera-gu. When I examined the place, it was something but I couldn't place my toungue on it. The mall was spacious. The guys took on me on a tour of the place, there was space for open air. The space that the open air area occupied is also quite large, but not as large as the mall itself. I looked at the guys, for a moment, I thought their eyes were ruby red, then the next second it was back to their normal eye colors. My heart stopped beating for a second.


author's note

 Hello!! I'm back on track with a long second chapter~! Did the story manage to keep up with your expectations? Please do comment also! Everything is appreciated! Thank you and see you guys again on the third chapter! Oh, and thank you so much to yanyansoshi for suscribing to the story!!