Chapter 1

Um.

Chapter 1

 Huh, the area of Mesopotamia was an area rampant with the superstition of blood-drinking demons, commonly known today as vampires. The Persians were one of the first civilazations thought to have tales of blood-drinking demons: creatures attempting to drink blood from men who were decapitated on excavated pottery shards. And of course, credits to Wikipedia. It hasn't been long since I've started this little obssession over vampires. At first I wasn't really interested in them at all to be honest, then it changed when I read the first book of Twilight. It was 2005 when that book got published and I can't believe I hadn't read it yet. It's 2014 now and just finished the first book. Very much wow.

 Anyways, I'm Kim Iseul. I'm 16-years-old and in my 3rd year of high school at one of Seoul's prestigous schools. I was offered a scholarship and currently in the list of honor students. Pretty cool, right? I got my earphones from my bedside table, plugged them in the laptop, and listened to Nightcore. I think Nightcore is a form of music that generally speeds up the music and highers the pitch. My favorites are: Poison, Angel with a Shotgun, Impossible, Calling All The Monsters, and Save Me. I think it was 2 years ago that I got addicted to it.

  Then I heard tapping on my window and heard rain outside. I sighed, whenever it rained the internet connection always got worse, and if the downpour is strong, it disconnects. I didn't realize that I've been staring blankly at the pastel lavender wall. I quickly got back to Earth and started researching for some more vampire types. Since there were a lot out there, I decided to search for vampires in a certain country. My nails were clicking against the keyboard when I typed in 'Kinds of vampires in Japan.' Luckily, there was a site which I thought I could trust.

   The selection wasn't very vast though. The list goes on like this: Gaki, Hannya, Kappa, Kasha, Krappa, Kyketsuki (Possibly seen as Kyuketsuki), Tengu, and the Yasha. The description wasn't long, really. So, the Gaki are wailing corpses who thirst for blood. They have traditional pale skin, hollow features and lack of body temperature. They have spectacular shape shifting abilities and can change into not only animals, but look like other humans. They can even impersonate a living being. Might also be known as Jiki-Ketsu-Gaki.

   The Hannyas are usually female. A Hannya was once a beautiful woman that became insane and then possessed by a demon. She was transformed into a hideous creature that drank blood that drank blood and ate children. Some of Japan's most disturbing and frightening examples of monster art present the Hannya in many of its different forms.

   Kappas were said to be ugly, green child-like creatures that drag horses and cows into their watery homes where they the blood from their anuses. They will leave the water to steal fruit, women, and steal people's livers but can enter into binding agreements promising not to attack people. Another Japanese legend involves a vampire cat taking the form of a prince's concubine after killing him.

  The Kashas are evil ghouls that are feared for their voracious appetites for corpses and blood. Because of the Japanese cremation custom, the creature must steal a corpse before it can be burned; larceny that often requires the theft of the coffin as well. To prevent this, a guard is placed over the dead and noises are made during the night to discourage the ghoul from racing away with a loved one, otherwise still under research.

  The description of the Krappa wasn't as informative as the other though. It said that the Krappas are similar to the Pelagganan of Malaysia, and the Phil Krasue of Thailand. The Kyetsukis are vampires of Japanese folklore that can be induced to live on honey rather than blood. Hmm... A vampire that can possibly live on honey alone? Just the thought makes me impatient to research on it, but I'll get into that some other time. Tengus are a bird-like vampire vampire demon. At least that's what the site said... 

   Yashas are a female vampire-bat of Japanese lore. A woman could become one of these creatures if she is allowed anger to lower her status in rebirth. This topic is still under reasearch, but possibly connected to the Yaksha of India.

   I think this is enough of vampire talk today. Not realizing I've been slouching over the past 5 minutes reading that, when I sat up straight it was kinda painful. I slowly relaxed into leaning back into the pillows behind me. I let my mind wander on the things that happened yesterday at school, there were 6 transfer students - which were guys - named Jo Sungho, Lee Inhaeng, Jung Younghoon, Kim Jaeyong, Kim Heecheon, and Kim Yoondong. When they entered the class all the girls were gaping at them, I silently prayed that a fly or any other thing would fly into their mouths. The guys were intensely staring at them, as if they were looking for someone to join the school's athletic teams.

   If I could describe one by one, the one named Jo Sungho had silver hair, very slightly tanned skin, and narrow black-as-the-night eyes. He kinda had of a baby face, he was the shortest out of all of them. Lee Inhaeng was the opposite of Sungho. He was the tallest, had large eyes which wasn't very common for Koreans (I think all the girls have set their eyes on him), tanned skin, and thick lips. The next one, Jung Younghoon, was a cutie. He also had big eyes, but not as large as Inhaeng's. Younghoon had very white skin, it was as if it was glittering in the sunlight. I think he also mentioned he went to the gym often and had abs (Which of course showed because of the cheers of the girls, it was also joined by the teacher seconds later). The eyes of the boys in the class glinted with admiration and respect.

   Kim Jaeyong was an exoctic beauty. His dark brown hair looked like it was coated with maple when it went under the Sun's rays. He was also very tall, for me at least. Kim Heecheon was kinda frail. Like he could break if you just held him by his wrist. His black hair was styled into a mushroom style which was bouncing when he entered the classroom. Heecheon also resembled a bit of a senior I knew... 

   Anywasys onto the last guy, Kim Yoondong. If you looked closely enough, there was still acne scars on his face. But it was unnoticable to the ones far away. He had a poker face when he entered the room, which kinda made me interested in him. No one could enter this class without breaking a sweat or staring everywhere else except the front.

   After they all introduced themselves, the teacher called me suddenly. This caused all the eyes to turn to me, including the transfer students. I couldn't afford to stare at everyone else, so I only held the teachers' gaze. Ms. Yook, our teacher, made me introduce all the class officers (Can you believe we still have that in high school). The officers consisted of 6 positions. The President, Vice-President, Secretary, Auditor, and the 2 P.R.Os, one for the girls and one for the boys. 

    The President is me, Kim Iseul. The Vice-President is Jang Minji, she mostly specializes in Science and Math. The Secretary is Lee Kyungbin, who had the best handwriting in class, but in print. The Auditor is Cha Ara, who was the funnest person in class but unfortunately noisy also, at least she had above average grades. The P.R.O for the boys is Jeon Jungkook, who had irrestibly good looks, and the P.R.O for the girls is Jung Eunji, who was always active on the job.

    The memory of it made me cringe for no reason at all. The memory was still fresh. Then I remembered one small detail when the group of 6 transferees entered; they all stared at me. 

    "Alright, class! Please settle down! I have some very important news to tell!" Ms. Yook said over the loud noise of the class, they settled down, but the loud mumurs and whipers were still there. I hate that whenever it happened. "We have new students!" As if on cue, 6 handsome boys strolled in the classroom. Since I was writing down some notes I was the last one to look up at them. Then I noticed they were staring at me when they entered. My eyes were round, but I didn't tear away from their gaze, neither did they. The one with the doe eyes and white skin smirked at me. What.

    The class was filled with the silent squeals of the girls from the back and the front. I closed my eyes for 3 seconds, embarrassed that the girls did this. When I opened my eyes, they were still staring at me. Luckily, I was in the place where most eyes can't travel to. God bless Ms. Yook for that she has placed me here. One had a mischievous glint in the eye, while another one had a bored stare.

    "Okay," Ms. Yook murmured in a quiet voice but loud enough for those who were listening. "Can you boys intoduce youselves? Starting with the one here." She pointed to the boy who had silver hair next to her.

    "Hello," The one Ms. Yook pointed spoke, his voice was deeper than I expected. "I'm Jo Sungho. Nice to meet you." Then he bowed. I noticed that his teeth were brilliantly white. Like a pearls. I mustered up a small smile for him since he was still looking at me.

    "I'm Lee Inhaeng." The boy with the tan skin and big eyes said. With that one sentence, it made all the girls squeal again. If this keeps up until the last one, these guys may get my interest, but not as lethal as the other girls. Since he said only one sentence I didn't get a glimpse if he had the same brilliant ivory teeth as Sungho.

     "Hi, I'm Jung Younghoon." Guy flashed a big smile at the class. If he's smart and active on recitations, then all my problems would be solved because our class is the most inactive one. Which, makes the teachers pick random students to answer their questions. Not caring if they listened to the discussion or not.

     "Hello," Exotic beauty smiled warmly. "I'm Kim Jaeyong." His eyes scanned over the class. Since I was in somewhere in the middle, his gaze mostly stayed there. Someone please tell me if my appeal suddenly increased by a million because I cannot believe that these gods in front of the class is actually staring at me. 

     "I'm Kim Heecheon." His words left his mouth a bit icily than he expected. But it seemed to match his apperance. Thin arms and legs, small face, a bit tall, and his eyes had a bit of light brown and black. Weird, but it's still pretty.

      "Hello, I'm Kim Yoondong." He said withou any emotion at all. Ah, two ice princes I see? His maple colored hair and baby face made him so cute and I just wanna hug him. I almost thought that his eyes bored at mine for a moment, but I immediatly washed the thought awawy.

       "Alright, you boys can sit wherever there is open seat." With that, the boys went to a open seat and adjusted. I didn't even notice there was one of them beside me and I focused my attention in front. I just took a little peak and saw that it was Ice Prince #1, Kim Heecheon. He seemed to have been staring at my notes which I took earlier. But there was one thing that made me a bit uncomfortable with the boys. It was that they all had the same brilliant white, ivory teeth. The book Twilight which was also on my desk popped up on my mind. Hah, vampires.

       "Iseul?" I snapped up my hand when I heard the sound of my name from Ms. Yook's lips. "Introduce the class officers to them, and officers, stand up for easier identification." I cannot believe she just said that. 'Stand up for easier indentification'? That doesn't sound like her words. The officers stood up slowly, as if they were still digesting what she just said. I, too, stood up, confirming their unnecessary doubt of standing up.

       I saw that Heecheon craned his neck upward to look at me, his eyes faintly emitting a glint. I cleared my voice and spoke. "Okay, so, I'm Kim Iseul. President." I scanned the room searching for the places that the transferees sat. Once I was done with introducing myself, I sat down.

       "Hello, transferees." The soft voice of girl echoed in the room, no wonder all the guys had a crush on her. "I'm Jang Minji. Vice-President." And there she goes, showing her trademark smile that paralyzed everyone. She sat down on her chair gracefully. Perfect little Jang Minji. Wait until you go down the ranks, a voice the back of my head said. I didn't know I still had that in me. Well, anyways, back to the original topic.

        "Hello." A male voice piped up from the back of the class. "I'm Lee Kyungbin.My position is the Secretary." I noticed that his eyes were flickering all around - probably nervous from the sudden attention - the class, then awkwardly sat down. My description of Kyungbin is above average height, black hair, a bit slow in the physical acitvities, and definitely smart. Since we had to pick clubs, he picked the Board Games Club. I don't even get what's fun in playing board games for an hour. What does the moderator even do there? I could imagine that the moderator's main purpose is figuring out the kids who cheated in playing. I, on the other hand, picked the Journalism Club. I like writing and reading.

        "Hi! I'm Cha Ara! Auditor of the class!" Ara said in a overly excited voice. Her seat was kinda far away but her voice is crystal clear. I craned my neck a bit to see Heecheon's face, he was still glorious as ever. But the way his forehead creased a bit, I could tell he was annoyed by Ara's loud voice, in other words, I can tell you that he didn't like noise in general. I think I looked at him for too long that he looked back at me, his lips twitching upwards into a small smile, I immediately got embarrassed and lowered my head.

        "Hi, I'm Jeon Jungkook. The male officer for the P.R.O." His melodious voice reached every corner of the room. After flashing some smiles at the transferees, he sat down quietly, reading his book. "Hello. I'm Jung Eunji, female officer for the the P.R.O." Her beauty was definitely bewitching. Short honey brown hair with a light tint of burgundy, curled slightly at the ends. Another thing about her: She's in the Chorus group in Music, so whoever is in that group has instant fame because of the auditions - which are very hard to be able to pass - are rumored to have you stand in the gym and sing.

        I buried my face into my pillow. My mind is swirling, questions over here, questions over there. I faced the right wall. I looked at the time on my laptop. 8: 48 PM. I shut down my laptop and headed over to the bathroom to fix myself up for bed. To be honest, I'm kinda excited to see them again at school on Monday. Today is a Saturday. During the free time, I talked to Heecheon for a bit and we became friends. Only Heecheon though, but I really wanted to meet the rest of them. Fortunately, he said he would invite me to their table in lunch.

       The way he said the words sent butterflies on a rampage in my stomach. I just met him today and I'm already having butterflies? Haha, no. I've never been in a relationship in my entire life. Even though I'm sixteen and read a lot of books, I didn't really know the sentence 'Butterflies in my stomach' until I knew what it felt. And now I know. Just thinking about the words that left his lips when he told me he would invite me was very alluring... It made me think I was getting into a trap.

        'I'll invite you in lunch.' When he said that, he leaned close to my ear, for only both of us should hear. His voice turned into a low and husky one. Did he like me? No, I shouldn't be making assumptions that quick. Hmm... Did he somehow take interest in me? I mean, when the group of 6 entered the class they were all looking at me. I put my face again on the pillow and screamed silently. 6 guys looking at me, with their inhumanly beauty. Tell me when I gained a lot of appeal.

        I can't wait for Monday to come, I would see Heecheon again and meet the others. Sungho, Inhaeng, Younghoon, Jaeyong, and Yoondong. I flipped myself to face the ceiling. I let myself close my eyes for a moment, it was only then I realized I was so tired. I've been studying non-stop and for what? There were no tests, no quizzes. After a while I felt that I was losing myself to sleep, and I thought I heard Heecheon's voice.

"Make sure to catch me when I fall for you."

        Then I went into a deep slumber.


author's note

  Alright, so I managed to finish this within a day. Yas. Forgive me if there were any typos or grammar mistakes, alert me if you see one. Thank you also for HunnyBunny12 and Kpopfan20 for suscribing! I really appreciate it!