Chapter 3 (Part II)

Um.

Chapter 3 (Part II)

    The space around me was bleak and dull. Where was I? All I remember is taking a bus home and Yoondong walking me home. I analyzed my surroundings slowly, the sky was grey with little clouds of black hovering, the buildings were tall and abandoned, even some had peeling paint, and the roads were deserted and eerie. A sudden gush of wind came from the north, it was cold and it almost seemed to pierce my skin. 

     The entire place looked like a ghost town, and I am probably the only person here. For the second time, how the hell did I even get here? I strained my ears some more just to hear anything, any sound that would signify its presence. I scanned the area once again, it seemed like there was no way to tell the time. I hesitantly took steps, feeling paranoid with every little thing.

      I think I walked for a full five minutes, but still no sign of people. I saw a bench in a creepy looking park, but hey, that didn't stop me. I examined that there was a bench and noticed there was dust everywhere and I decided to brush it all off the bench. I saw down and stared at nothing in particular. Thoughts quickly invaded my head. Thinking was always a hobby for me to past the time. After what I thought was minutes but was actually a hour I heard a blood curdling scream. 

       Everything in my body froze. Is this a dream? No, this couldn't be a dream... it's too real. I was rooted in my spot. I was too scared to look at the back of me if there was anything. Please... I want to wake up now. My senses were on full alert as I was still rooted on the bench. My eyes must be as big as baseballs now, I only blinked three times when I heard the scream.

        All of a sudden, I smelled something metallic near me. I felt wetness on my cheek, I raised my hand up slowly to touch it. I slid my fingers over the patch of wetness on my cheek, only to find that it had the same smell as somthing metallic and it was dark red in color. I stared at my hand in disbelief. I was shaking terribly. The wind was also starting to get colder. Tears threatened to fall, but I wouln't let them.

        Tornadoes and tsunamis of thoughts devoured my mind once more. I didn't even bother to wipe off the blood on my cheek, I was too terrified.

        "Hey," A low voice whispered in my ear. I was not even able to register what the person said, or it said - I screamed. A hand came to my shoulder, cold and hard. 

        "It's okay..." My breathing became uneven. "Look at me." No. Tears framed my eye, but I couldn't stop them from falling. "You look like a porcelain doll when you cry." The hand on my shoulder slowly advanced toward my jaw, I insticntively flinched away from it.

         "It's okay," The voice reassured me once again. "I'm not going to hurt you." Judging from it, the voice belonged to a boy. It wasn't deep, it wasn't high either.

          When I heard his words, it was sincere. I relaxed a bit, but still stiff. His hand was at my jaw now. The coldness of it made me move away a bit, but moved back again when I adjusted to it.

          "Now can you look at me?" I mentally prepared myself for what I was about to see next. The face of someone familiar? Or a stranger's?

            I craned my neck slowly, bracing myself. What was I going to see? A face of a monster?

           "Finally."

            My heart almost stopped beating. The face that was in front of me now is Younghoon. Jung Younghoon. His skin was like marble, beautiful, pale, and cold. In addition to his marble skin, he had dimples. Except that his eyes were not the muddy brown, they were ruby red. His eyes were enchanting, it was something you could stare at for hours and still be amazed. My heart was like a roller coster ride. 

            One second he was at the back of me, the next one he was just in front of me.

            "Are you okay?"

            I just sat there, gawking at his perfection. But in my mind, the vampire theory had all its puzzle pieces put together. It made perfect sense now. Jung Younghoon was a vampire. So is probably Sungho, Inhaeng, Jaeyong, Heecheon, and Yoondong. Or, Younghoon could just be the only one of them. But he was so comfortable around them... so they must be vampires too!

             Before I could even open my mouth to say my reply, I jolted up from my bed, feeling a cold sensation all around me. I took an entire minute to process what just happened. I just sat there in my bed, staring at the wall in front of me. What the hell just happened? The cold sensation intensed on my feet, I saw that they were not under the blanket so I put them under. 

             The puzzle pieces seemed to fit perfectly now. Without even realizing, I reached out for my phone on the small table beside my bed and checked the time. 5: 45 AM. What. How. So, let me put this together. The guys and me took the bus home, Yoondong walking me, then me crashing on my bed and falling asleep, then have that dream. Well, okay then. But it's too early to do anything outside yet, and thank God its a Saturday, so I pulled out my Lenovo laptop from my bedside table.

             The things on the bedside table were not a lot. Just some books that I plan to read, notebooks, and my ever-holy pencil case. My pencil case isn't exactly a pencil case though, it's a cosmetic case. But hey, you don't get to see a lot of pencil cases that are that big. Too bad the zipper broke when I was in my 1st year of high school. But I don't have any plans to buy a new one.

              I did my usual routine as I the laptop. The entire thing took two minutes including the waiting time for the internet to connect. When I was finally connected, I opened the Mozilla Firefox broswer and quickly typed in Twitter in one tab, and Facebook in another. I typed my email and password and both of the tabs showed me the home page.

              Before I could tweet anything on Twitter, my phone rang. The ringtone is Infinite's Can You Smile.

             I picked it up. "Hello?"

             "Hi, Iseul." A smooth and velvet voice replied.

             "Uh, who is this?"

             "Heecheon. Don't you read the screen of your phone when someone calls you?"

              So it's Heecheon. I swiftly checked the screen of the phone. "Oh, okay. I have a habit of not checking it." My lips were getting a bit dry, so I them. "Why do you call at like 5: 50 in the morning?"

              "I don't know. If you didn't pick it up, I would've called you several times so you can wake up."

              "Well, I can tell in the future that you doing that is gonna be great." I chuckled softly for two seconds.

              "Why are you even awake?"

              "I don't know. I have a habit of waking up at five or six in the morning."

              "You sure do have a lot of habits."

                I hissed jokingly. "I hate you."

               Then I heard kissy sounds on the other side of the line. "But you love me for it!" His tone of voice reminded me of a child begging for his mother's attention. It was so damn adorable.

            "Maybe," I mused. "Maybe not."

                "You're so mean!"

                "Oh, so now you're gonna act like a girl."

                 Suddenly, he hung up. Did I upset him? Maybe he doesn't like it when someone tells him he looks like a girl. He really looks like one though. While my mind was racing as to why he hung up, I checked the time. It was 6:11 AM already. My worry of upsetting Heecheon intensed. Maybe I shouldn't joke anymore, well, I've given up on being funny. The only trait I have is being funny - the sarcastic kind - and besides, being pretty is not an option.

                 I looked outside my fogged-up window. The sidewalk is a shade darker than before so it must have rained and some lamp posts were still on. The sky was grey, maybe later it'll rain again. I think my parents are still asleep, it's about time I got out for a morning walk. I inspected my clothes, looks like I didn't change into my pajamas last night. I sighed and got a white short from my closet along with a plain black hoodie. I guess slipper are okay.

                 I walked down the stairs quietly. Once I got out of the house, I took a great whiff of the cold, fresh air that was everywhere. I thought about my parents if they found me gone. I sighed once more, maybe I should've left a note or something. A cold breeze took me by surprise. I was frozen in my position for a bit. Wearing shorts during weather like this is probably just as bad as letting down your hair while you're sweating like a cow. 

                 I continued to walk until I saw a bench and sat down on it. Huh, this scene reminds me of the dream I had. The surface was damp and cold under my thighs. I leaned back on the bench as I tried to remember the entire dream. I closed my eyes. After like 10 or 15 minutes, I managed to remember everything. Vampires, huh. I'll believe that for now. Until I hear it straight from one of the guy's mouths. Everything fit perfectly with them. After a little more deep thinking, I opened my eyes.

                 I thought I was going to have a heart attack and a at the same time when I saw the familiar slightly tan skin, light brown hair, and big doe eyes. I was able to breathe again after 5 seconds. Inhaeng was staring straight at me and he was smiling. Everytime I think or see one of the guys, there's only one word that instantly comes to mind is vampire.

                 "Yo!" Inhaeng greeted me happily.

                 "Hey," I greeted back, while I'm still trying to get my breath back. "I almost had a heart attack and a because of you."

                 "Heh, sorry," He gave me a peck on the cheek which made me flush intensely.

                  I smiled a small smile for him and stared at the space in front of me. I didn't notice that he took a seat on the bench. Ever since I met the boys, I couldn't seem to get them off my mind. Vampires too. Maybe I could ask them about it? If I do that it will probably be engraved in my head for eternity. It's a risk that I can probably take. Maybe.

                  "You like being in your own world, don't you?" He seemed pretty interested on this topic, considering the way he looks at me.

                  "You say that like you don't have your own." The tone of my voice was smug and confident. Judging the way Inhaeng suddenly froze, I knew I hit the bullseye.

                   He laughed dryly before saying, "You catch on pretty quick. I like that about you." 

                   Then, he gave me a long, sweet kiss on the lips. Time stopped for a moment.


   author's note

         HELLO!!! I'm back with part II of chapter 3. AND ITS LONG. I'm so sorry I've been gone for 5 weeks which is like an entire month >-< Everything has just been so messy lately. By the way, just a week ago, I WENT TO A UKISS FANSIGN BEFORE THE SHOWCASE. You can ask/mention me on Twitter about the entire thing. Here's my account! I'm a bit inactive during the weekdays but I'm free on weekends so you guys can talk to me all you want!! :D Also, thank you for supporting this story!! Especially to those who suscribed and upvoted!! Thank you so much!!

          The ending for this chapter is especially to the Inhaeng-biased out there. I think it's pretty clear already that Heecheon is my bias. Can you guys guess who's my other one?? (Hint: It's not Inhaeng.) See you guys next chapter!!