chapter one

Wanted

 

"I need you to relax," she felt chills run down her arms after Jongup whispered in her ear, "A little more," she was lying on her stomach, her whole back exposed to the young men in the room. Her ruined shirt and bra were next to her, she couldn't help but be a little upset, her favorite bra was ruined.

 

"Yixing, it's getting worse, hurry already!" Myungsoo yelled, startling her, he usually had a quiet demeanor. She felt Yixing's cold hands touch her back, specifically the large gash from her right shoulder to her waist. He rubbed the wound, softly, if he did it too quickly, it would leave a scar. "What exactly happened?" Myungsoo questioned, noticing how deep the wound was.

 

"I was running from chasers and when I was climbing a gate, they got me," she explained, grabbing her shirt and covered herself up. "I don't think we're safe here anymore," she added before getting up and heading to her room, "We should start packing now."

 

"Moving again? It's such a hassle," Jongdae sighed before going to his room to pack as well, "If only we had someone who could make us invisible individually," he said to himself.

 

They had been living in the apartment they were in now for almost a year, which was the longest they had stayed anywhere else. Myungsoo had easily hid them on the first floor of a run down apartment building outside of Seoul.

 

"How about this area?" Jongup pointed at an area outside of Gangnam, "They recently built some high-rises here, they also have an indoor store, so we don't need to risk ourselves outside too much. They had the whole apartment packed, which was just their clothes, they usually left behind what they couldn't bring in the first and only trip. "Jongdae, Myungsoo, you two go first, do what you have to do, okay? Once you're done, contact us and we'll have Kyungmi send us there."

 

"Which reminds me, why did you just bring yourself here when the chasers were after you?" Yixing asked, noticing the mistake she'd made.

 

"I don't want to waste my energy on something easy like that," she admitted, "If I used it earlier, I wouldn't have enough energy for now," she lifted her hand, swiftly swiping it, if it were anywhere else she'd get weird looks but as soon as she finished the movement, it was like a window looking into where the lobby was in what would be their new home.

 

"You're amazing," Jongup nodded, she shook her head, he'd say that every time she'd open a portal, it wasn't a new to him either, or any of them. Especially since they've all known one another since they were held in the government home, roughly fourteen years ago did they all come together.

 

She watched as the pair went into the portal, now it was just time to wait.

 

##

 

"What do you mean you hurt the girl?" Joonmyun was pissed, his agents did the exact opposite of what he told them to do. He had told them to simply locate the girl, not chase her and injure her. But he knew she was alright, knowing she was with the healer.

 

"We approached her, asked her a few questions, and she dashed. We did what we thought was best," the agents bowed, but they weren't easily forgiven.

 

"Put them on leave, unpaid," he told the secretary that was in the room with them, "Next time follow your orders!" He slammed his hands on his desk, "Get out of my office, I don't want to see your faces." He paced back and forth in his office, it took him a year to locate her, and thinking about not seeing her for another year was making him antsy. He remembered the last time her saw her, it was five years ago.

 

"Joonmyun, this is Lee Kyungmi, one of the government workers," he made an emphasis on the last part, Joonmyun knew who she was, she was the girl in the picture. Her picture had been updated yearly, or well every time the government caught up with her and the others who were with her.

 

"It's nice to meet you, Lee Kyungmi," He bowed, she stood their practically lifeless. Her lip had multiple cuts on it, her cheek was bruised, and he noticed she walked with a little limp, he noticed she had big bulky black bracelets on, bracelets that keep them from using their skills. 'They must've been her pretty rough when they tried catching her,' he thought. She looked calmed compared to the chaos ensuing around her, how the screams of others in the rooms surrounding her didn't bother her. His dad quickly ushered her past him, going to one of the back rooms where they had done testing on those types of people.

 

He was eighteen at the time. That was the last time he saw her.

 

##

 

"Hello, we saw that this is a new high-rise, are there any openings?" Jongdae asked the receptionist, he was distracted a little, making Jongdae annoyed, "Hey, look at me." His was angry, the receptionist looked up, "You're going to give us the first floor, okay? Now give me all the keys," He held out his hand, the receptionist complied. The receptionist was what seemed to be in a trance, and that's what Jongdae did, he had the power to manipulate, whether it be people, their memories, even their feelings.

 

"Here sir, hope you enjoy your floor, if you need anything don't be afraid to alert any workers," the receptionist smiled.

 

Jongdae looked him in his eyes, "You'll forget about this incident once we go on the elevator. We are just normal tenants." He turned to leave, Myungsoo following after him. Once they were in the elevator, Myungsoo touched the first floor button, they saw the number on the button fade away, the second floor button soon becoming the first and so on. Leaving their button unmarked, once they arrived to their floor, Myungsoo walked around the floor his eyes closed. Jongdae knew not to interrupt him, he needed to concentrate on concealing the floor, making it seem like it doesn't even exist. They all had flaws with their skills, Myungsoo's was that he could hide places skillfully but with people, he had to be there, not just send them off invisible. It wouldn't work otherwise. 

 

The process took a little over a minute, since the space was bigger than the usual places he hides for them.

 

"It's ready now, tell them they could come," Myungsoo yelled out, loud enough for Jongdae to hear.

 

##

 

"Couldn't sleep?" She was sitting in the living room, not used to her surroundings, Myungsoo came from behind her.

 

"No, I'm just thinking of the last time we were captured," she pulled her legs to her body, she remembered it too clearly,but what she remembered was a who. The director's son.

 

"It has you thinking doesn't it? How we are so close to being captured everyday," he sat next to her.

 

"We've lost everything already, the only thing we haven't lost yet are our selves."

 

"And each other, we're lucky we've managed to stay together this long, others aren't too fortunate," he thought about how they all had the same hardships. But theirs weren't as bad as others, who didn't have the chance to escape like they had.