Because Friendship Is The Most Precious Thing In Life

It Has to be You [Hiatus]

He patted the place next to him and I took a seat there on the ground. I noticed a smile playing on his lips. Looking into his eyes, I blushed and looked down, remembering yesterday.

 

"Thank you." I murmured softly. He shrugged his shoulders.

 

"It's nothing." I continued looking down, still not finding anything interesting in my hands that were clamped together. "But...why are you still crying over Yesung?" I froze.

 

"What?" I looked up, surprised at his question. It was almost as if he was telling me I was exaggerating.

 

"When you hugged me, you cried his name." I swallowed, feeling my throat dry.

 

"Why wouldn't I?" I said slowly, "I miss Yesung. A lot." I found sadness in how truthful my words were, but it was still strange to me that I was telling this to a stranger. But then again...

 

"Did you know Yesung?" I asked, suddenly. He sighed slightly, stretching his arms above him.

 

"I guess you could say that. But we weren't close." He placed his hands on his knees and continued, "Honestly, I haven't talked to him for a long time. We were always pretty different anyways." I nodded. But even people with differences can become friends. There were a few seconds of silence. And I decided to make this boy into something other than a stranger, even if I wasn't sure what he'd become. And so I asked.

 

"What is your name?" A chuckled escaped his lips.

 

-=-=-=-

 

"It's Jaejoong. Kim Jaejoong." I said, finding it weird how she didn't even recognize the name either. She wasn't phased by it one bit. Was she that wrapped in Yesung, so in love with him that she would forget about everything else? And it must've been true love, considering she hadn't jumped on me, trying to get friendlier. She wasn't acting like the other s I dealt with.

 

"I'm Choi Minhee." she said simply, staring in front of her. I took the time to examine her features; pink lips looking soft to the touch, fair skin free of any blemish, and most importantly the look in her eyes. The look was innocent. The look was sadness as well. She held what was so hard to find these days. You could tell she had a pure heart. And that made Yesung so lucky...but then again, Yesung hadn't been so lucky these past few months.

 

I allowed myself a few moments of silence before allowing my curiousity to get the best of me. I wanted to know what attracted her to Yesung. I wanted to know what you needed to pull in a girl like this one. I needed to know what had captured her heart.

 

"What is your story with Yesung?" I asked. She swallowed before her lips formed a bitter smile. Bitter yet beautiful.

 

-=-=-=-

 

"You want me to tell you about Yesung?" I asked, my eyes staring at him, curious. Why would he want to know? But yes, I was aching to tell.

 

"I do want you to tell me. Because I can tell he makes up a big part of you. So why not tell me about it? And it seems like you would want to talk about it, considering..." He didn't need to finish. He had read my mind, almost magically. And yes, the proof of everything was in the embrace we shared yesterday. I missed Yesung, and wasn't prepared to let him go. So I would bask in the memories of while he was still here with me.

 

Maybe I just needed to tell someone about everything I was feeling. But then again, I'd never talked about it to Kyuhyun. So why was I telling it to a stranger? Well, I guess after this he wouldn't be a stranger any longer.

 

"You're right. I haven't even talked to my best friend about everything. I didn't know why, but he just became so unapproachable for certain things after Yesung and I-"

 

"He was in love with you." I blinked a few times. Jaejoong was...perceptive? I didn't know why, but it almost felt invasive, the way he would be able to tell something about my life that I myself didn't know, all by simply hearing me speak a little. It was amazing.

 

"How-" I started, but he cut me off once again.

 

"I know guys. They can't just stay friends with girls. It's against the rules of nature. Obviously man and woman were meant to be attracted to each other. But you don't have girlfriends?" I shook my head. Girls had never been fond of me. And I still didn't understand why.

 

"I see." Jaejoong shook his head in what I thought was disbelief. And afterwards he urged me on to talk about Yesung. And the first thing that came to my mind was our meeting. Which, even with our age at the time, I still remembered very well. I considered our first day of friendship our first actual meeting. Because friendship is the most precious thing in life to me.

 

-=-=-=-

 

Flashback

 

"No! I don't want Yesung to play with us!" Kyuhyun shouted, pushing the dark haired boy back a few steps. I frowned and took Yesung's hand, stepping over to his side. His hand felt so small, just like my own. But Kyu's hand was bigger than ours.

 

"Kyu, don't be mean to him. We can all play together." I said, taking his hand with my free one. He pouted and looked down at the ground.

 

"But Minhee, I don't want to share. You're my best friend." I smiled, looking him in the eyes.

 

"Kyu, we can all be friends." I took their hands and put them together so they were holding each other's hand then. "See?" Yesung stared down at their hands without saying anything. He seemed a quiet, but Songsaengnim said that we should be nice to him. Besides, I was quiet on my first day too.

 

"I want to be your friend, Kyuhyun." he said quietly, still looking down. His hair covered his small eyes. I smiled. He really was a cute boy.

 

"Kyu?" I questioned, lifting an eyebrow at him with my arms crossed. His pout slowly disappeared and he sighed, finally looking at Yesung instead of at the ground.

 

"Okay. We can be kind-of-friends." I smiled and placed my hand on top of theirs.

 

"Good. I'm happy now." I said, leaning in and giving them each a kiss on the cheek. "Now let's play." But for a second they just stood there and stared at me. Did I have to cross my arms again?

 

"Come on! You guys can decide who's it, but I'm going to start running." And so I took off, wondering who would make the first move.

 

"Kyuhyun's it!" I heard Yesung yell before noticing the sound of his footsteps heading in my direction. Maybe he wasn't that quiet afterall.

 

End of Flashback

 

-=-=-=-

 

Ah, now I remember. She was that little girl. We went to grade school together, even if just for a little bit of time. My parents put me into a private elementary just after my first two weeks. But she was that girl; the one with the cute white dress and long black hair with big innocent eyes. I guess I know why girls didn't like her.

 

They were jealous. And I suppose they were still just as jealous.

 

But she only had boys as friends; Yesung and...the other boy she mentioned was Kyuhyun. They were a trio. But I guess it was impossible to avoid problems with a girl like Minhee as the only girl in the group with two other boys.

 

But I was jealous of that friendship, at the very least. I've never been particularly close to anyone, Jongwoon, Yesung's twin, and I went to private school together though. I always wondered why Yesung and Jongwoon didn't go to school together at all. But I guess it was apparent now.

 

Jongwoon was a successful businessman, even at his young age. He was the older twin, the heir to the family business. And Yesung got to live the "normal life". Until now, that is. His family was a bit more exaggerated than my own. I mean, Jongwoon couldn't ever be mixed with others like the kids at my school. His parents would do anything to make their business last, to expand it, to become richer. Yeah, they were like my own greedy parents. But worse. Especially by what they did with Yesung after they couldn't use Jongwoon anymore.

 

And then it struck me. Did Minhee know the truth about Yesung? Or did she also believe the lie that his parents created for the public to swallow? Maybe it was cruel of me...but I decided to let the issue rest for a while. I wanted to see how deeply Minhee felt for Yesung. And now that he was gone, could she care for another?

 

Yesung and I were very different from each other, yes. I pretty much half-assed everything I did, gaining myself nothing but anger from my parents. They couldn't use me. I didn't want my family's business and showed it by brushing off all the pressure they put on me to do as they said. Besides, they found a replacement for me now. A second cousin or something. Jung Yunho, I believe it was. He was supposedly my second cousin.

 

But yeah, my normal life, compared to Yesung's, was anything but normal. I really wasn't close to anyone. Not even my girlfriend, Tiffany. I went behind her back and had a different girl every week. I guess I was half-assing my relationships as well.

 

But Yesung...he had this girl who cared for him. And I mean genuinely cared for him. It was too clear. But maybe that's what I needed. Maybe that's what I longed for. Because Tiffany was always gone anyways. And when she was here, we would rarely make our time together about talking or catching up. I would buy her anything she wanted, and in return, a night of supposed pleasure. Every girl I met wanted to same. And I was tired of that routine.

 

Maybe it was time for a change. Maybe I needed a girl like Minhee. And then again, Yesung was gone. And I doubt his family would even allow him the thought of coming back. So Minhee was free. She just didn't know it yet. And maybe that's why I was here.

 

-=-=-=-

 

Jaejoong seemed to be spacing out or something of that sort after I finished my childhood story. I looked up at him, watching his eyebrows pulled together like Kyuhyun's do.

 

"Are you okay?" I asked. And suddenly he smiled. He turned to me, looking me straight in the eyes.

 

"It's nothing. I just find your story...cute." he said. I blushed slightly, noticing how close we were, and decided to face forward again. "You can continue." he said, but I sighed softly. I felt that it was getting close to the time where I'd have to return to class.

 

"How about tomorrow, Jaejoong?" I said. He nodded, suddenly standing up before offering me a hand.

 

-=-=-=-

 

And she looked up at me with those mesmerizing eyes of hers before finally taking my hand. I pulled her to her feet and she stood just a foot away. There was a slight shade of pink color on her cheeks. I smiled, before murmuring a goodbye.

 

"Goodbye, Minhee." She nodded, lifting a hand to wave gently. And then she quickly walked away, never looking back at me as I stared at her the entire time. Until tomorrow, Minhee...

 

-=-=-=-=-=-

 

To Be Continued...

 

-=-=-=-=-=-

 

PREVIEW OF NEXT CHAPTER:

 

But sooner or later, Kyuhyun would have to be next to me again. He would have to be my best friend again. Because he was Kyuhyun.

-

-

"So what shall we name him?" he asked, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "Ah, how about Yesung Junior?" I rolled my eyes.

"No, I only need one Yesung. He should have a nice American name or be name after someone cool."

"I'm not cool? No Yesung Junior?" I shook my head, hitting his chest playfully.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

Yes, an update is served. ^^ I'm happy to say that I had a hard time writing this. It was hard getting my ideas down without spoiling the next chapter completely. Or the chapter after that. But, hey, it's done now. So enjoy. And once again, that shout out to my homies, *jk*, those who commented. KeJuYuMi_22, YESUNGanimyeonandwae, YesungJjang, ssweetdreamer101, and xernielaii, thanks for voicing your thoughts for me. You guys make my day and give me a push to update again. ^^ Saranghae~!

Come one silent readers, a comment doesn't take that long unless you don't have hands.