Kray

A Day With You

It was a free day for everyone to do what they want. The elders went out to the field and the rest of the members went to the mall. Yixing stayed back to help Kyungsoo and Chanyeol shop for groceries until his phone buzzed. It was a notification on weibo. He excused himself from the two, which wasn’t hard considering that he felt like a third wheel in the first place.

He gets out of the cab and looks around for a crowd and sure enough there was. Yixing maneuvers around the familiar place, waiting for the perfect time and yanked at a hand that was bigger than his behind the pillar. The crowd runs by.

“Ah, thank-” The tall man stares down at a face that was too familiar. “How did you know I was here?”

Yixing smiles, showing him his famous dimple and waves his phone, but immediately frowns. “Why didn’t you tell anyone you were here? And why would you tell everyone now?”

The man says nothing. He looks away and then Yixing grabs his cold hands in his.

He glances down at Yixing, “I figured I’d let you guys know I was here at least for a moment.”

They stood there in silence for awhile. The music in the background plays a tune that hit Yixing’s heart, Rainbow by Jay Chou. He stares at the man to see if he still remembers this tune. Nothing. Had he completely forgotten?

As if he read his mind the man starts singing softly,

“Without seeing your smile, how can I sleep?

Your voice is so close yet I cannot hug you

The sun will continue orbiting even without the earth existing...

I can walk away without a reason.”

The announcement stops the music and calls for his flight.

“I have to go now.” He pulls Yixing in for a long embrace as the song continues singing.

“You want to leave, I know it’s easy

You said dependence is the barrier between us

If you choose to let go but don't discard my love for you

I'll just pretend that I understand in the end…”

Yi Fan lets go, walking off without another word and the gentle man watches him fly away.

Yixing goes home and stops at the front of the dorm door. He knows he is late for dinner and everyone is probably complaining about how hungry they are. He slaps his cheeks to get rid of the feeling and inhales the fresh air before he turns the doorknob.

“Well it’s about time.” Baekhyun stands up from his seat. Everyone is gathered around with bowls of rice, untouched. “We were about to go on a hunt to find a lost unicorn.”

Yixing chuckles, giving them his dimpled smile. “Sorry, I forgot what time we should be home.”

“Lame.” Chen pats the seat next to him. “Hurry over and sit down. We’re all starving.”

Yixing makes his way over, “You know, you guys could have just started eating without me.”

“We could, but on rare days like this we should eat like a family.” Chanyeol hands him his bowl filled up with rice.

Yixing can’t help but smile wider. “So, what are we having today?”