Baekchen

A Day With You

Today was a free day for the group so everyone decided to go out. While the elders head out to the field, Jongdae, Baekhyun, Joonmyun, Jongin, Tao, and Sehun go to the mall. The first thing that happens when they arrive is Tao hooking his arm to Sehun and separating from the group. “We’ll split up. That way everyone can find what they are looking for before dinner.”

“If anything I thought Tao would take you, Joonmyun.” Jongin pointed out as the two maknaes drift away.

“So,” Jongdae clap his hands together, “What do you guys want to do?”

“Well, I need to look for new shoes. Mine are wearing out.” The man with darker skin shows them his black sneakers with the heel worn down and a near tear at the big toe.

The leader frowns at the sight and grab Jongin’s hand. “We’ll go get you new shoes. You two can go together then.” The happy beagles’ lips curl up in a way that was too familiar to him. “Remember not to do anything stupid. I won’t bail you guys out.”

Baekhyun pouts his lips, “Whatever.” He grabs Jongdae’s arm and waves goodbye.

After a couple of minutes wandering around Baekhyun rubs his stomach. “Let’s buy something to eat!”

“We should save our appetite. How about we distract ourselves until then. Look, that store is on sale. Lets check it out.” He drags the smaller one with him to a toy store that smelled like rubber.

Chen goes into the aisle with stuffed animals. He picks up a pink bunny, “Take a whiff of this.”

He presses his nose on the soft plush, “Cotton candy? Wow, scented plushies.” He picks up another plush and sniffs it. Grape.

    Pang!

    Baekhyun feels a small sting on his forehead before taking off the suction bullet. Jongdae just shot him with a toy gun. “Hey!” Baekhyun shouts and uses an orange scented teddy bear to dodge another bullet. “You’re asking for it!” He runs off to another aisle and finds a toy gun.

    “Ah ha!” Baekhyun shoots, but Jongdae dodges and dashes off. The smaller beagle follows in pursuit, but is then stopped to find Jongdae crouch on the floor, "What's wrong?" He then realizes

Jongdae was trying to comfort a bawling child who reeked of strawberries and soiled carpet.

"Uh, I accidently tripped over this kid and spilt her bubble tea."

"Who made my baby cry!?!" They hear a booming voice behind them and turn to see.

The person that need to deal with is a man who would look like a giant standing next to Chanyeol. The two beagles glance at each other. "You better apologize fast." Baekhyun said to Jongdae under clenched teeth, trying to hold an innocent smile.

He quickly bows and starts babbling, "Hi sir, I'm so sorry I spilt your daughter's drink and tripped over her. I think I even kneed her in the face, but sir, I'm so sor-"

The big man lunges for him and the two scramble away screaming, causing chaos in the store. "How does something like this always happen to us!?" Jongdae shouts as he tries to escape the big man trying to pick him up. Seeing his friend in distress Baekhyun decides to help by jumping on the man's back. The man yells, twirling in circles to get him off his back and Jongdae screams along.

"Kkaebsong!!!" Baekhyun cries out as he holds on for his life.