The runaway

The love's chance

a/n: not beta read, sorry.

 

When she woke up after unconsciously sleeping between his arms, Souha felt a sudden strike of fear in her veins as she found herself alone. She soon noticed that there is water running and guessed that Daehyun was showering. He soon got in with just boxers on. He noticed her awake and leaned to kiss her. “Good morning, lovely.”

“Good morning gorgeous.” She said blushing and he chuckled. “Do you need some clothes? I have some spare clothes from the time my cousins used to come over.” She said leaving the bed. She stretched her body when arms surrounded her waist and a chin landed on her shoulder. “Dae…”

“I observed you as you fell back to sleep and I kept thinking of what would happen when we will have to part.” She paled. “I will go to jail, I am sure of it…”

“I won’t let them! I’ll tell the police that it was my plan, because you came to me all of you and you wanted my help.” She said facing him, worrisome written in her face. “If needed, I’ll buy the boat, and sell it back to Bang Yung Guk when he will leave jail.”

He looked at her in surprise, frowning. “Why would you buy the ship?”

“I won’t be able to negotiate if I have nothing to negotiate with.”  She said with a smile. “Also, with the money you can get your Hyung a better lawyer.” Daehyun was still frowning. “I won’t take the ship, technically, Dae. It’s a step to buy time, if those people put him in jail for the ship they will try to reach me for it, but I am a popular figure so they won’t hurt me until the deal is done.”

“I don’t think Hyung will like it.” She nodded and they parted away. She gave him so casual clothes, while she searched for something between the boxes.

“Found it!” She said rushing to the living room with a box.

“What is it?”

She looked at him, as they opened the box. “I had left my old phones in a box.” She showed him her collection of old smart phones. “They are usable.” She e on and went through the list of contacts.

“Won’t the card SIM be deactivated?” She shook her head.

“The contacts are saved in the telephone, so I don’t need a SIM card.” She said taking a number from the phone. “Can you hand me your phone?”

He nodded and gave her his device when she composed the number and waited for an answer. “Good morning.”

“If you aren’t alone, don’t let them know I am speaking to you.” She said in a firm tone.

“Yes, this is Cho Kyuhyun, how can I help you?” He said and soon she could hear him excusing himself out. “I’m in your back yards, you can speak freely.”

“Minho is involved in a very wicked case, oppa. He put in jail the owner of a very old ship, and I want to speak to that person.”

“And how can I help?”

“You are friend with judges, and advocates. Can’t you request me someone to speak to?”

“I am an advocate” he pointed out. “I’ll do it for you, just tell me.”

“His name is Bang Yung Guk.” The man hummed, obviously noting down. “He’s the descendant of Bang Seo Jin, the CEO…”

“I know who it is. I heard about the case from my senior advocate Mister song.”  Kyuhyun said. “I can manage to speak to Song…”

“Why don’t you take over?”

“Huh?”

Souha looked up to Daehyun’s eyes. “I want you to take over his case, without the family or Minho knowing. He’s innocent, Minho has or had the documents proving that but he stated destroying them.” Souha said determinate. “I’ll pay you back, okay?”

“With what money? Your account is dried.”

“I know.” She said smirking. “I did dry it out actually. I need money if I want to stay hidden, isn’t it?” Kyuhyun hummed in agreement. “So, will you take over the case or not?”

“Okay. I’m in, and Souha…” Kyuhyun said with a smirk. “That makes us even.”  She lifted her eyebrow in confusion. “I’ll call you later okay?”

“What did he say?” Daehyun asked her, anticipating bad news.

“My cousin who is an advocate will take over your hyung’s case and in the end he said that it makes us even… but I don’t understand it at all.”

“What’s now?” Daehyun asked her, his fingers playing with her hair.

“I’ll call a police officer, the friend of mine.” She said composing the number. The answer was so fast.

“Who is it?” the cold voice made her chuckle.

“Yah, Kim Jun Myun, don’t act cold with me.” She heard a gasp and some noises then a locked door.

“Souha? Where the are you? How can you call me? Where is your kidnapper?” She laughed louder.

“Junnie, there is no kidnapping. The police wasn’t supposed to be involved, you know.” She said holding Daehyun’s hand. “You know why I made all of this? Minho oppa locked an innocent person behind the bars, and I am going to help.”

“You mean bang Yung Guk? We got tapes of him speaking to a certain Daehyun Jung, trying to convince him to not kidnap you.” Jun Myun said. “You can’t fool me, you know.”

“I am not fooling you; that was the plan since the beginning. Minho is a prosecutor, he would obviously try to find the identity of my supposedly kidnapper from Bang Yung Guk, either by the video tapes of all his visits or the tapes of his calls.” Souha said, despite the panic in her eyes. “We had to fool him a little, so he will be convinced.”

“Convinced to do what?”

“Minho oppa got from Daehyun files proving Bang Yung Guk innocence. But, Minho didn’t use the evidences to free the man, and now he stated that he destroyed them. Obviously, I would help if the man came to me and told me everything about Minho’s dark side.” Souha said sobbing. “I feel so ashamed, Junnie! I need help! I need you!”

“I’ll help you Souha, no need for you to cry dear.”

“You will?”

“Yes, anything you want.”

“Can you break in Minho’s office and find those files?” Daehyun gave her a shocked glance before hugging her.

“I can’t but I know someone who can, give me around three days maximum.” Jun Myun said loudly.

“Three days? Why?”

“I need to seduce your thief first.” Jun Myun chuckled.

“I know who is she, you sneaky. Minho’s assistant, right?” she said smiling as she patted on Dae’s back.

“Yes.” The man said brightly. “I’ll call you in this number when I get them.”

“Okay, thanks man!” She said ending the call. “Now time for the media.”

Daehyun peaked from her neck where he rested his head as she spoke to a journalist and told him everything. As she ended the call, he pushed her up and led her to the bed where he kissed her senselessly. She was taken aback and soon melted as he ravished her exposed skin with kisses.

 “Souha…” he moaned in a whisper. “I think I am right now falling too deep for someone who met you three days ago.” She blushed madly. “You are awesome, intelligent, loving, kindhearted and most of all… a real badass!” She chuckled pulling him for a kiss.

“Why are you saying this?” His expression hardened.

 “Because this is my only chance to say it.” He left her side to sit and she got closer so she can back hug him. “I’m a homeless poor orphan, and you are the daughter of one of the top 20 rich people in Korea… even if I don’t go to jail, I won’t get the chance to be more for you than someone who kidnapped you…” he turned to look at her tearing eyes. Someone who fell in love with you…

“Dae…” she felt like sobbing because it was the truth. They leaned back to the bed and kept looking at each other for a long moment, their hearts beating painfully, while their fingers were locked in a dance of soft touches, small squeezes.  “We should leave the house by the next morning.”

“Why?” he asked her curiously.

“It’s a security procedure.” She smirked and he chuckled. “We used the electricity and the water…”

“I did, you didn’t.” She nodded before leaving the bed.

“I’ll take a shower” She said as he observed her. He stayed still for a while, thinking about the messed up life he will have until she showed up with a man’s buttoned shirt on. It reached the quart of her hips, while the sleeves were folded up. “Back!” She said holding the towel up her head.

He sat up to pull her closer. “Let me dry your hair.” He said taking the towel and softly dried her hair when the phone went off and it surprised them. He made the speakers on. “yes?”

“Daehyun, where are you? How are you man?” the deep voice made Daehyun rush over the phone.

“Hyung! I …” a hand on his mouth made him look at her.  She pointed on herself and shook her head but Daehyun didn’t understand.

“Why did you do that? I heard that the whole country is seeking for you.” Bang Yung Guk said as she could hear it and she took her own phone to write: They are spying over the calls.

“Hyung, they are intercepting our calls so listen to me because I’ll end this call now.” Daehyun said with a more confident tone. “Trust me, Hyung. I’m not alone, and I’ll help you out.”

“How? The lawyer dropped out…”

“Oh, Hyung. “Daehyun chuckled. “You can’t imagine who will be your new lawyer soon. Don’t worry you will find out. Just chill and do exactly what they tell you, okay?”

“I trust you, buddy. Just don’t get yourself killed.” Bang Yung Guk said sighing deeply, and it made Daehyun realize how tense the man was.

“I have someone holding my back.”

“Good to know. Love you, man.”

“Love you too Hyung, bye.”  As Daehyun ended the call and pulled her closer, huge banging in the door made them jump. By instinct, she took the bags, threw one to the man.

“Hurry.” She said preceding him to a window and she jumped out.

“Holly .” He hissed peaking out to see her landing on a pool and he did jump too as the door was open and he heard people speaking. He got in the water and soon followed her out of the pool.

“Let’s run. “ She said but then he stopped her as he noticed her wearing only underwear under the shirt. “What?” He took off his shirt and made her wear it then they ran out of the building in time to stop a taxi. They soon left the taxi by the beach, their apparently soaked wet bags in their back. “Thank me later” She said as she took off some money to buy shirts, pants, and hats. They went to the public bathroom, changed their clothes and managed to take a boat sailing to Geoje.

“Where are we heading now?” he asked her as she had a sudden deeply angry expression. She looked at him.

“ We are going back to Seoul.”