The rush hour

The love's chance


 Souha was sitting by the table, listening to her dad yelling, arguing, about her confessions. She indeed told them that she fell in love with an orphan poor man. Her dad refused categorically to accept that. As he stopped speaking she looked up to him, with a hurt expression. 

“Did you finish?” She said making him give her an outraged glance. “I knew you won’t let me be happy… you never did, and never will.”

“Souha!” her mother yelped her name in horror.

“Watch what you are saying…” Her father menaced.

“What did I say? The truth. I said the truth. I never got what I really wanted, no family’s affection, no art studies, and now no love”

“We want the best for you!” he said exasperatedly.

“Marrying a person like Minho was the best? Someone who stabs on people for his own benefit won’t give your daughter a best life, Mr. Cho. You aren’t seeking for the best for me, but for you. You want a son in law who can make you proud to speak about whenever you meet your snaky friends.” Souha said, tears falling down in her cheeks. “You don’t care of my happiness, my wellbeing, like if I am not the one who will be locked in a cage for the rest of my life. You seek for your own happiness while making me pays the price…” the slap that she received made her look at her father in shock. “You slapped me… all I said is the truth and you slapped me. Tell me what you did give me except a filled bank account? Dolls, clothes, and sad life that are what you gave me. Do you know what I like to eat? Do you know what kind of book I read? Do you know…”

“Enough!” he hissed, his face as red as tomato. “I heard enough.”

As pain reached deeper inside her, her voice broke. “I wish you truly did…” she stormed out of the house and took her car. She drove around before heading to Jun Myun’s office. “Hi Jun Myun.”

“Hi Souha…” he said with a smile. “You came to put that man in jail.”“I came to free Daehyun Jung.” Jun Myun nodded, heading to another officer.

 

“He’s free actually; a said Himchan paid his caution.” Jun Myun said bringing papers while Souha took one and gasped in shock. She could recognize Minho’s handwriting anywhere.

“Damn it! It’s Minho!” She rushed out, then drove back home with a frenetic expression. She rushed over her dressing room where three unused phones were and she took one turning it on and dialing Minho’s number. “Come on, you !” she hissed before heading to the coast. If she needed to find Daehyun, then she needed his friends to help her.

Fortunately for her, Himchan was waiting in a boat by the cost. “Him oppa! Him oppa!” she called leaving the car.

“Souha? Where is Dae?” Himchan asked her when she sobbed. “What happened? TELL ME!”

“Minho took him away” Souha said through her sobs. It took Himchan a huge will to not breakdown.

“I’ll go fetch the others and join you.” Himchan said landing on the ground, ready to push the boat inside the water. Souha went to the car, trying to reach Minho; she kept calling until the men got in her car, pale and obviously pissed off.

“Give me Daehyun’s phone number.” As soon as she said so, a phone was handed to her. She picked it, and found DaeDae in the list. She chose that number to call and soon someone picked up.

 

“Finally…” the voice of a panicking man made her sigh holding tight on the wheel.

 

“Dae, it’s me, Souha…”

 

“Babe, I have no time left for details, I’ve been put in a wodden coffin and they are right now driving me …” Souha’s eyes almost bulged out. “Call the police, call for help, or anything okay?”

 

By the time he ended his sentence, she was sobbing. “I’ll do the best I can. Hold on for me babe, okay? I’ll save you.” She ended the call and called Jun Myun, making a frenetic Himchan hold the wheel. “Jun Myun, gather your friends, Minho is planning to bury him alive. And find that for me.”

 

“What? I didn’t get it, Souha. Calm down and speak slower.”

 

“JUNG DAEHYUN IS LOCKED IN A ING COFFIN, IN THE VERGE OF BEING BURRIED ALIVE AND YOU ASK ME TO CALM DOWN? MOVE YOUR OKAY? BLOCK THE CITY ENTRANCE IF NEEDED. I DON’T GIVE A AS LONG AS YOU GET ME MINHO OR I WILL DO IT MY WAY!” The yell of Souha turned the men deaf but mostly stunned

 

“I got it, I got it, okay? I will mobilize my team.” He ended the call while Souha stepped on the gaz. The men gasped as she drove faster every passing second. And parked as soon as she managed. “Each one of you get a car and drive as soon as you can to the city entrance…”

 

“But…” YongJae was about to speak when Zelo jumped out.

 

“YoungJae, you observe this road, if something happens call me.” Zelo said, as the two others ran to take a bus. As soon as YoungJae closed the car’s door, Souha stepped on the gaz before releasing the car which flew leaving a cloud of smoke. “She’s crazy…” Zelo mumbled.

 

“She’s in love.” Himchan whispered in his ear. Souha was followed three times by the police but managed to escive them before parking in front of her house’s door. She rushed toward her parents knowing very well where her father can be.

 

“DO YOU JUST REALISE THAT YOU WERE ABOUT TO MARRY ME TO A KILLER? CHOI MINHO HAD KIDNAPPED JUNG DAE HYUN AND NOW HE IS BURRING HIM SOMEWHERE!” Souha yelled after slamming the office of her

 

“Not true.” Minho’s voice startled her. She looked back to see Minho smiling to her, wearing classy, and patting on the space next to her. “Now, calm down and sit beside your future husband.”

 

She sat and laughed. “What is the deal?” he was about to speak up. “I marry you so you can get the BYG? Poor you… I bought the ship with my money, oh I mean our saved money, but the contract have Jung Daehyun’s name on it. So he owns it.” Minho’s expression changed considerably.

 

“What?”

 

“What what? I said what I had to say. I’ll call the police to lock you down for kidnapping Daehyun, and the attempt of murder.” She said standing taking her phone she acted like she was dialing a number while she made the voice recorder on “Unless you have a better deal.” She sat back next to him and looked at her father who had a shocked expression on. “I have nothing to lose, I am stuck in here with you all so either he lives or you kill him won’t change a thing, but you Minho, you have a lot to lose. Your job, your reputation, and many other benefits.”

 

“I will take the risk.” He said smirking.

 

“Will you? Why are you so confident?” She asked him, crossing her legs. “I can call the police and tell them everything.”

 

“With what proof?” her lips turned into thin lines. “You have nothing to even make a charge against me.”

 

“You didn’t deny anything yet.” She looked over her parents who had a very strange expression. “Did he?” Her father looked pissed off, but as he noticed her eyes on him, he looked away while her mother was shedding tears. “Why are avoiding my eyes father?” She hissed and as he looked up, she made a smirk that said long about her thought. “He’s the man you chose for me, remember? You should at least see his true self.” Minho chuckled amused. “Happy? I bet you are. Just explain me one little thing. Why do you want the BYG? Why is it that important for you?”

 

“Business, darling. It’s all about business.” Minho said crossing his legs. “I had a very promising deal to make if I help on locking Bang Yung Guk behind the bars and I did. All I had to do next was to get the BYG, now I have it. The owner is going to be dead soon, and of course the ship will go to the auction…” Souha laughed.

 

“Poor you, you have no idea.” Souha said. “If Daehyun dies, Bang Yung Guk, or the four others members of the team, will get the ship back. You can’t kill them all, it is so suspicious. Also, I won’t let you have it. You can’t have it.”

 

“And why are you so sure?” Minho had leaned and Souha put her phone inside the jacket she was wearing when she noticed that she had something so familiar inside  her huge pocket. She did feel she had it but never thought it was Daehyun’s gun. She fast pulled it out and scotched it with Minho’s forehead.

 

“I won’t hesitate on using it.” She said smirking. “Believe me, I’ll love to kill you and go to jail for that. It is almost like a honor for me.”

 

“SOUHA!” Her parent had yelped and she didn’t look at them.

 

“If you move, I’ll kill him.” She said pulling the hammer. Minho’s eyes were wide open looking at him. “Do you think I’m joking, dear future husband? Do you think I can’t do it? Please try me.” Minho’s face became tense. “Now tell me where you asked your man to kill Daehyun. I want a honest answer or I will kill you.”

 

“You can’t…” Suddenly a strident sound of a shot made Minho freeze. Souha had simply pulled the trigger just by Minho’s ear.

 

“I didn’t miss the target, you know.” She said putting back the hammer with a wide smile. “Now, should we discuss business? Your life for his. If he dies, you die, if he lives, you live. How is it?” Minho blinked. “Take your phone slowly and call your man now.”  She ordered with a dangerously glaring eyes and Minho did. He dialed the number under her eyes and called.

 

“Bring the coffin back to Seoul.” Minho said coldly. “What do you mean it’s too late?” Her eyes bulged out of their orbits. He ended the call. “He made an accident with the transporter, so he left the car with Daehyun on it.”

 

“Where?” Souha was by then crying. “WHERE IS HE YOU ER?”

 

“By the road to Donghae.” Minho said and Souha stood to call,  the gun and her eyes still on Minho.

 

“Jun Myun, Check the roads heading to Donghae.” She ended the call before calling Daehyun. He didn’t answer in the first call, neither in the three others.

 

“Sou…”

 

“Daehyun! How do you feel? What do you feel?”

 

“I did hit my head, but I am fine. “he said

 

 “Can you try to break the coffin? The driver left you behind after a said accident.”

 

“What accident? We are still driving.”

 

“Still… Driving.” Souha said before yelling at Minho. “YOU LIAR!” She shout his knee when her mother stood to hold her hand away. The shot barely missed Minho’s knee, as it went through a small part of his hip to go deep in the sofa. “Call your man and ask him to bring him now. DO IT YOU !”

 

Minho nodded and called the man again, shaking in pain. “Is it time for jokes? There is no coffin where you told me… Go and get your back here. I’ll double your money if you come back with it to my fiancée family house. You know where it is. Deal.” Minho said ending the call and he raised his arms as Souha ignored her mother’s hands and words.

 

“I bore too much crap from you, Minho… if he’s not here in less than an hour. I will kill you and enjoy watching you dying.” She shoved her mother’s hand. “Go and stop your favorite son in love’s wound from bleeding.”  Her mother was hurt but Souha’s pain was even clearer, her anger was even bigger, and it made them both unable to speak. The mother soon rushed to bring a first aid pack.

 

“Souha, please sit.” Her father asked her calmly.

 

“Don’t speak to me.” She hissed, pulling the hammer again. “This is what I worth for you? A killer? A liar? A manipulator? This is the best for me? IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT ME TO LIVE WITH?” She yelled in pain. “I don’t want this life! I don’t want you all! As soon as I get Daehyun alive, I’ll leave this place.”

 

“Souha.” Her dad used a pleading tone. “Please, calm down and we will discuss it.”

 

“Discuss what? How to destroy my life further than this?” She didn’t look at her father, as she sobbed. Minho was pained but kept his face composed, until his phone rang.

 

“Yes? Already here? Good, bring the kid inside.” Minho said and his mother went to open the door. Soon enough, a bruised Daehyun got in the room with a man.

 

“What…” The man spoke when Souha shot nearly missing Minho.

 

“I won’t miss the target the next time, I swear. No talking. Daehyun, stand behind me.” Daehyun soon recognized his gun.

 

“Souha… Babe… please… Don’t do anything you can regret.” Souha shot again.

 

“DAE!” she yelled and soon Daehyun stood behind her before hugging her. “Take Minho out of here. Out… I SAID OUT!” She yelled and the man pulled Minho out of the house as soon as she could. She followed them fast enough to snap a picture of the van and send it to Jun Myun. She walked back to the house, dizzy, while Daehyun was sitting awkwardly letting her mother healing his wounds.

 

“Souha!” he stood rushing to her before she faint. “It’s okay. It’s okay, I’m fine…” She sobbed loudly hugging him tight. “Don’t cry, my love. Please, don’t.”

 

“I thought I’ll lose it… When I recognized Minho’s handwriting, I felt like my world stopped existing.” Souha sobbed while Daehyun bit on his lip, closing his eyes. He sighed deeply before making her look at him.

 

“I am fine, and alive. Okay? Now, calm down. Get a shower and go to bed.” Souha shook her head. “I am not leaving okay? I’ll just rest here or in one of the boys house. Just believe me, I’m not giving up on you.” Souha looked like in the verge of crying again. “Please Souha, we didn’t have real rest for days now.”

 

Souha held his face slowly, nodding. “I’ll rest… but promise me you will call, or come to see me later.”

 

Daehyun pouted “You have my number, why should I call you?” She chuckled kissing his pouty lips.

 

“Being cute doesn’t suit you.” She said standing up with his help. “Owh… I’m dizzy.” Suddenly arms took her in bridal style. “What-? Dae~! Put me down.” Daehyun smiled yet ignored her, and took her to her room, put her down, and covered her. “Dae…”

 

“We will have time to speak. Just sleep.” He said caressing her head. “I’ll head out, and call the boys, they must be frenetic now.” She nodded making herself comfortable, closing her eyes as Daehyun closed the door. As soon as he did, he collapsed on his knees while a servant and Souha’s mother rushed by his side. He groaned in pain, while the mother called for an ambulance.

 

Souha woke up three hours after, and opened her eyes on her father who smiled to her. “Hi…” he softly said when she retracted her hand as he tried to pat on it. “Souha…”

 

“What is it, dad?” She asked him, sadly.

 

“I just came to apologize, my little princess.” He said leaning to caress her face. “I just want the best for you, Souha. I don’t want to hurt you.”

 

“You already did, and deeply.” She mumbled closing her eyes and sighing. The silence fell heavy for a moment.

 

“He cares about you a lot as I see.” She looked at him in confusion. “Despite his own sickness, Daehyun took care of you first… he thought of you first.”

 

“Sickness? What happened?”

 

“the doctors told us that he was suffering from an infection, and probably from the rusty tools that scratched his body.” She was about to leave the bed. “He want you to rest more before visiting him. Also, he must be sleeping now.”

 

“I have to go to him.” She said leaving the bed anyway when her father’s hand held her.

 

When they looked at each other, he smiled. “You love him too much for someone you just met.” She didn’t reply. “You got my blessing.” She widened her eyes in surprise while he left her hand and left the room. She didn’t think too much and wore casually before heading to the hospital.

 

As soon as she reached it, she wasn’t surprised to see the four boys sitting in the waiting room. “Him…”

 

“Souha.” Himchan said standing to welcome her. “What are you doing here? I heard you were weak and needed rest.”

 

“I can’t stay away. I need to be here.” She said as he helped her to sit. “How is he?”

 

“Asleep… and fine.” Himchan said patting on her head. “But not you, you look pale and sick.” She shook her head. “I wanted to thank you for the help you gave us.”

 

“You are welcome.” She said smiling. “I hope I managed to help.”

 

“The audio your father gave to the police, alongside with the proofs, opened the case and hyung may leave the jail in the next trial.” Himchan said before smiling wider, sighing in relief. “I am sure he will leave it.”

 

“He will.” She said before standing. “I’ll go and check on Daehyun.” She said walking away. She soon found the room, where a sleeping peaceful figure was. “Hi, y. I don’t know if you are hearing me but… I wanted to tell you that I love you. I love you so much Dae…” She whispered before sobbing while holding his hand.

 

“I love you too Souha, just please let me sleep.” His voice made her look up in shock and he chuckled. “Do you want to join me in bed?”

 

“No! You are sick.”

 

He chuckled with a husky voice. “yes, I am sick… I am sickly in love with you.” He said making a small space for her. “get your nice  next to me, girl, or I’ll come and get you.” She chuckled and got in the bed before sleeping, nuzzling his neck like she loved to.