Epilogue

tour de force

*******

 

 

"Yeobo..." a sweet voice called.

The woman's mind returned to her body and she took down the photograph. She turned her head to the source of her strength and smiled.

"Are you done? Do you need any help?"

"It's okay. Let's go!" she stood from her mirror desk and took her carrier.

The man took her in a hug, warm and safe. "Are you sure you're okay with this?" he whispered, looking at the photograph of 3 young trainees, eager after their first battle together.

"I'm sure," she smiled and hugs him back. "I'll be alright."

"Arraseo, if that's what my Yeobo wants, then, shall we?" the gentleman asked, offering her his hands and guide her down the stairs.

 

* * * * *

 

3 months, how long she spent her time grieving for her best friend, out of lost, out of guilt.

5 months, how long she had not had a night without a nightmare; Sehun dying in her arms, the explosion from Sehun’s room, the image of someone she held so dear, exploding to flames without anything she can do to stop him.

15 months, how long she need before she said her promise to stay by her husband’s side, for better, for worse.

30 months, how long it takes before she dared to enter the woods again.

The nightmares still came to her every now and then, but with her husband warm embrace every time she jolted up out of horror, she had learned to make peace with her dreams, make peace with the fact that she will never again see her first person she ever called friend.

 

 

The happy couple had planned a little trip, while their job had allowed them only little time to go on vacation, their leader had let them off this week and they planned to go on a little camping.

They stopped at a place she used to call home and knock on the door. Recognizing her face, the guards gladly welcome her.

"Welcome back, Mrs. Kim. Beautiful as always, I see" the guard bowed and smiled.

"Thank you, Mr. Jung. You're also as healthy as ever," she replied, Yes, she still remembers their every names, their every faces, the people that took care of this building that's too big to be called a house.

"You're here Sooyun-ah!" a familiar voice called from inside. "Come in!! You too, Jongin!"

"Ne, Junmyeon hyung, annyeonghaseo," the lad addressed as Jongin came behind his lady and bowed deep. He had to remind himself to call him Junmyeon instead of how he had usually address him; leader Suho.

"Oppaaa!!!" Sooyun ran and threw herself to her brother's open arms.

"Oh, Eonnie, annyeong!" She let go of her brother and said her greetings to the woman that claimed her brother's heart, who she think is the luckiest woman ever lived.

"Good to see you, Sooyun-ah," she smiled sweetly. Sooyun sometimes wondered why her husband didn’t waver seeing a lady as beautiful as her.

"Eonnie, how is honeymoon? Did my brother treat you right? Did you two have a lot of 'fun'?" she teased the newlyweds.

"Ya, Sooyun!" her brother slapped the back of her neck. "Enough of that or i won't baby sit!"

"Aww oppa, so mean!" she teases again.

"Annyeonghaseo, Kim noona," the sister's husband politely bowed again, this time, to the lady she respected most.

"Sooyun-ah, why are you making him do what you should be doing?" Junmyeon along with his wife approached Jongin and took what's in his arms.

A little baby girl, 3 months old to be exact. She had her father's eyes and her mother's smile. She was a fat healthy little girl, showered with love from all around her. She was sleeping soundlessly on her father's arms before Junmyeon's wife gently took her over.

"Ah, she's so cute, Sooyun-ah," she said, caressing the baby's pink cheeks.

"I know, right! Eonnie, you too should hurry and have a baby! You and Oppa, go make one quickly!"

"Ya!!" Junmyeon protested. "If you're done here then go! Shoo! Away to the forest!" her brother teasingly chase them away.

"Arraseo oppa, we're leaving then" she smirked, winning in teasing him.

"Please take care of her, Eonnie. Don't let Oppa touch her!!" she kissed her sleeping baby's forehead, so does Jongin.

"Thank you for letting us go camping today. I hope she doesn't bother you two too much," the politeness Jongin always show never cease to amuse everyone around him.

"Annyeong! See you tomorrow then oppa, eonnie," she wave to the couple and her baby.

"I'll be leaving," Jongin bowed.

"Take care if her, Jongin-ah! She'll be a lost puppy without you!" her brother shouted back.

"Have I ever not, hyung?" Jongin smiled, putting his hands on his wife's waist and pulled her close.

 

 

*

 

It was the last corner of the small village in front of the forest before they start trekking on foot to the forest. They had parked and entered a small convenience store to buy some last minute supplies; band aids, snacks, drinks, and some more little things.

Sooyun and Jongin was about to pay when someone catch Sooyun’s eyes. The person that has just left the store; something about him is so familiar, so close to her, something……

“S--Sehun?”

Jongin turned his head to look at what had caught Sooyun’s attention. Looking at the man again from over the store glass, Sooyun took a step.

That face, she would never forget. That face, she wanted to see for so long. The man’s hair is shorter than the last time she saw Sehun, but there’s no mistaking those eyes, that nose, those lips, those jawline, that face.

Sooyun thought her eyes were deceiving her. It might be someone that looked just like him.

But then, the wind blew against the man’s face and revealed; a small crescent scar over his temple, a scar about a centimetre in diameter, the size of a bullet.

 

There’s no mistaking it anymore.

 

Sooyun stormed out of the store, followed closely by Jongin.

“Sehun?!” she called out. “OH SEHUN!!”

The man in front of her turned around as he heard someone shouted a familiar name behind him.

That second, the wind blew against Sooyun’s face and for her, the world seemed to stop turning.

“OH MY GOD!! IT REALLY IS YOU, OH SEHUN!!” she ran and crushed her body to his, hugging him.

She might not know how he survived; she didn’t care. All it mattered for her right now is that Sehun is here, Sehun is alive, Sehun is not only in her dreams anymore. Oh Sehun, her best friend, is back.

Jongin was behind her, his mouth left open, he was without words. “I-Is that really you, Sehun?” he approached the man.

“Of course it’s him, Jongin!” Sooyun let go of her hug. “Where the hell have you been, Sehun?! Why didn’t you came back??” she demanded an answer.

However, that answer never came to her, for the next thing she heard from who she knew as her best friend had shattered her world once again.

 

*

 

“Who are you?”

 

 

* * * * * *

- E N D -

* * * * * *

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you everyone for reading!! Sehun has been ruining my bias list latelyy so this fic is dedicated to him :P

 

You might wonder; then, that explosion in Sehun’s room?

Well, you think Jongin would not try to save his best buddy? He hadn't even say goodbye, had he? And you of course remembered the enemy had a healer, don’t you?

What did the legends said about that healer?

 

:))

 

please do comment what you think! you don't know how encouraging one comment is for me... it helps so much :))

and if you think this story is much like X-men, i will admit to you here that i've never watch any xmen movie...... so.. yeah......

again, than you for reading this story! i enjoyed writing this so much, i hope you enjoyed reading it!

 

-f