Chapter 1

tour de force

“This mission is really dangerous, Sooyun-ah,” her brother, Suho, warned her. His very own little sister going on this deadly mission has been under his skin these last few days.

“But you needed me, don’t you?”  she folded her arms, challenging him.

“Are you sure you’re okay with this? You wanted to do this?” he asked again. Being the leader of the kin, it’s his job to assign who to undergo what mission. It’s his job to ensure all mission went well, without any loss of the team’s lives.

“Ne, oppa. Please don’t worry that much. I’ve been trained well by you and your brothers. Besides, my ability would be a huge advantage on this mission, wouldn’t it?” she replied back, getting slightly irritated.

Groaning in frustration, Suho finally nodded and gave her the envelope containing the mission’s details. Sooyun thank him and start scanning through the papers.

Baekhyun, one of her brother’s lieutenant, as well as his trusted friend start his briefing to Sooyun.

Her teammates were: Kai, Sehun, Chanyeol, D.O. The attack will happen in 3 days, at exactly 19:30. They were to enter a small house between the woods, for it was where their intel had traced the last outgoing contact from the dark guild’s members. Upon entering, they have to seize every one that has extra powers like her, her brothers, and like the whole special forces squad.

“Behind the paper were list of their guild members with their special powers. You better take a good look of them and their powers, so you know how to deal with one later,” Baekhyun said.

“We predict that the leader would keep himself hidden, along with his little brother, until the very last minute of the fight,” Suho continued.

“And as always, least number of deaths possible from both sides,” Baekhyun said, ending his briefing.

“Okay. Thanks, Baekhyun, Suho oppa” she said as she read through them all and studied their faces, memorizing them.

 


 

Kris         a.k.a      Wu Yi Fan.                           Power: Flight.                   

  • leader of the team
  • arrogant and powerful
  • he tends to be careless
  • attack as soon as an opportunity comes

 

Xiumin a.k.a      Kim Min Seok.                   Power: Ice.                        

  • don’t be deceived by his looks, innocence is the most dangerous weapon
  • his ice is strong and so does his fist

 

Luhan                                                                    Power: Telekinesis.

  • the most experienced of them all,
  • had really good control of his power,
  • was known of his brains, probably their tactician

 

Lay         a.k.a      Zang Yi Xing                        Power: Healing.

  • their most treasured asset, for he would heal every living thing
  • rumored to have been able to heal even silver bullet wounds
  • most probably forced to join the team

 

Chen     a.k.a      Kim Jong Dae                     Power: Thunder               .

  • known for his trickery, be careful of his every action.
  • never let your guard down around him.
  • he may be sly, but his physical strength isn’t as great as the others.

 

Tao         a.k.a      Huang Zi Tao                      Power: Time control.

  • Kris’s little brother,
  • Still haven’t been able to control his full potential,
  • be careful of his powers for timing decides the battle outcome

 

 

She nodded and turns back at the team members list before chuckling to herself. “Woah, Junmyeon oppa is really putting me on a mission together with him!” she thought. “We could slip out to the woods soon after the mission and perhaps have some time of our own,” she planned a getaway with her boyfriend.

“Always be careful of the silver bullets, okay, Sooyun-ahh?” Suho reminded her as she exits his office.

“Ne, oppa!” she replied without looking back and shut the door before shaking her head. “Of course I would be careful. Why wouldnt i?

 

 

 

---

 

 

The mission went smoothly so far. The team managed to slip inside the wooden house without noticed thanks to Kai’s teleportation power. It exhaust him to transfer all of them inside, but thanks to the training he had went, he can still manage to do all that without tapping on his last energy reservoir, for using that last burst of energy means to turn himself to a ball of fire and burn himself to ashes.

So far, Sooyun’s team has managed to capture Lay and neutralizes Chen and Xiumin’s power with the help of her power over the earth.  She kept both Chen and Xiumin alive but confined in an earth coffin after their team had weakened and exhaust the enemy’s energy, as how they had always dealt with enemies, not killing them straight away.

Chanyeol’s elemental fire had fight brilliantly against Xiumin’s ice, but Chanyeol’s persistence win him over. D.O’s sheer strength had exhaust Chen so far that if she didn’t put up her earth walls around Chen at that very minute, Chen might have burn himself up for using his last energy reservoir. And as for Lay, they figured that he was not really a member of the team. Kris is just keeping him hostage and use him to heal his team members from any kind of injury. Seeing that Lay isn’t a big thread, Sooyun only wrap the earth around to his knees, just to make sure he didn’t go to the other team members and heal them, for he needs to be close to the living thing if he wants to heal them.

 

The team had been careful not to exhaust themselves, that’s why they had been excluding Kai from battles, and that’s why Sehun is now engaged in a vicious battle with Luhan. Sehun’s wind against Luhan’s telekinesis, the room was a total mess. Every furniture in the room wrecked and turned upside down. Tables flipped, chairs broke, picture frames fell and scattered, cabinets flew from one corner of the room to the other. Luhan would pull on anything he could, big and small, then throw it at Sehun, where Sehun would blow strong winds against it to block the hit and counter attack.

Having to seal Luhan up, Sooyun stayed near Sehun, helping him guard himself from any attack that his eyes or his wind missed. It was a dreadful fight. Sooyun and  Sehun had to work together to keep up with Luhan’s attacks, for his control over the objects were always fast and accurate. Aside from a few scars and cuts, both Sooyun and Sehun had each received several major blunt blows over their body. Sooyun had smashed her body against the wall several times under Luhan’s force before Sehun managed to divert his attention by blowing shattered photo-frame glasses straight to Luhan’s palms. And thanks to that, Sehun had been grasped by Luhan’s power and was forced to hit himself against the table.

However, numbers still win. They can see the strains in Luhan’s body as he starts to drain his own strength. His attacks become weaker, slower. He started throwing smaller things instead of the chairs and cupboards like before.

“A little bit more, Sehun!” Sooyun regained her stance after avoiding Luhan’s row of flying broken light bulbs.

“Yeah, we got him, Sooyun-ah,” Sehun wiped the side of his face.

"Well, this is fun," Sehun thought to himself. "How long has it been since the two of us had this much fun together?"

 

 

 

--------------------

 

 

 

"Oh Sehun," the little boy in front of his parents introduce himself without being able to lift his gaze from the red luxurious carpet below his feet.

"Oh, he's so cute! How old is he?" The woman known as Sooyun's mother asked the pair in front of them.

"He's 6 this year," Mrs. Oh replied while patting the little boy's wood brown hair. The boy however doesn't like it that his mom is being so affectionate upon him in front of strangers, so he snorted and avoided her hands, shaking his head off her fingers.

"Ah, our daughter is also 6 this year, while our boy here has just turned 9. Come now, introduce yourselves, little angels" the male known as Mr. Kim pulled her along, making her stand face to face with the cocky little boy.

"Hi, I'm Kim Junmyeon. Nice to meet you, new neighbor," Junmyeon smiled and offered the younger his hand.

"Hi," the smaller boy simply replied and briefly touches their hands to avoid being scolded by his mom for being 'disrespectful' to someone older.

"Kim Sooyun," the younger girl stood and introduces herself, bravely looking straight at the boy's eyes, making him raise an eyebrow.

Even when she was small, it was obvious that she would grow to a pretty woman, like a fully blossomed lotus, just like what her name means. Sehun however, was still unaware of this, for he saw her boldness as a challenge. He came to a conclusion that he would challenge her in everything to prove that he is better than her, to prove that her confidence is nothing but a mere bluff.

 

----------------