Dinner at Amber's

Can we keep a secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal POV

 

"Remember, im not just your manager, but Im also your friend."

Ambers right. Although our time together so far has been short. Knowing that she has and will continue to be by my side made me feel better. Which is why I consider her to be a great friend. After we left the SM building, the five of us had decided that Amber and I would look for a location for our camping trip. Victoria,  Luna, and Sulli would get the supplies needed while they were also finishing their own activities until next weekend.

That still meant that I had nothing to do. Now Amber and I were in her car driving silently. "hey Krys are you feeling any better?"

"Yeah a little bit." I thought back to when we were at the CEO's office and saw how Amber tensed up almost looking like she wanted to punch him. "Dont worry about your schedule. I'll give our CEO a call to see if he can delay your drama for another month."

"Amber you dont have to do that. He already said that he wont change his mind."

"But we havent even tried. im pretty sure he cant make you do it without having you look at the contract." Shes probably right since I didnt read the contract. I trust that she will be able to figure something out.

" With that aside. We should start searching for a camp site." Amber said.

"Yeah! that way we can pack during the week." I looked at her. Then she chuckled. "Do you honestly think its going to take a week to pack?"

" well for me yes." I frowed my brows. "You..." I looked at her head to toe. "Not so much."

"We're just camping. It shouldnt be that hard to pack. Plus its only for one night." She does have a point, but you still have to look good. "Should we just go to your house to search up a camp site?"

I dont feel like going to my house. Ive been couped up in there all week, and I want to be somewhere else. Wait! I just got an idea."Amber can we go to your place instead?" I pleaded. "Why do you want to go to my small apartment?"

"Please." I put my hands together begging to go. "My house is so boring,  I've been inside that place for such a long time. I cant stand it."

She laughed. "It's only been a week, wouldnt you rather be home than working?"

"Grrrrr. Youre making this too difficult, I just want to get out of my house. There's nothing to do. NOTHING TO EAT!" Thats when she bursted out laughing. "HAHA! I see how it is. You just want to go so you can get a free meal." I pursed my lips. "caught you red handed." she grinned at me.

"hey to be fair. You've already been to my house a few times, and i've only been to yours once and it wasnt even that long.." I pouted. "Hmmm I dont know."

"its not like you have anything to hide Amber." The car went silent. She's not going to give in huh? sigh. "So does that mean we arent going to your house?" Please Amber can we go? "I didnt say that Kry." she looked at me with a grin. my face lit up. "Yay! No more boring old Jung house."

"But..." But?

"We need to stop at the supermarket to grab some stuff for dinner. What do you want to eat?" I thought for a moment. "How about pasta?"

"Sure. What kind?"

"ummm...surprise me." I grinned at her. "Alrighty then."

We stopped at the supermarket. To prevent me from being noticed, Amber once again gave me her sunglasses and cap. When we walked in, everything felt just like last time. Me being around normal people who are going on with their daily lives. I liked it very much. I pushed the shopping cart around while Amber was getting the food. Honestly i felt that she was randomly putting stuff into the cart because it looked like she was going to buy the whole store. But she said that all this food was for the next two weeks. She likes to plan ahead I guess. We finished shopping and not a single person noticed me. Then again there werent a lot of people there. Just a bunch on ajummas looking for the best deals. Some of them were arguing with Amber for some vegetables. Which made me laugh, but Amber being the kind person she is, would let them win. Deep down I bet she is devasted that she lost. haha.

Then this on old lady was having a hard time reaching for some soy sauce that was on the top shelf. So Amber once again being the gentleman that she is, helped her. Then the old lady thanked Amber and Amber continued to search for some more stuff. leaving me behind, then the old lady saw me. Her face grew a big smile, and she walked towards me. Oh no, what if this old lady recognized me. Keep calm Krystal. You're just being paranoid, she's probably not even looking at you. I started looking in different directions, not giving her eye contact. But i knew she was still walking towards me. Oh shoot.

"Excuse me?" I looked at her. "Yes?"

"Is that boy over there your boyfriend?" Huh? Is she talking about Amber? Keke. That girl has done it again. Tricking another lady again with her appearence. I giggled. "So is that a yes?" the old lady asked.

"Sorry. But that person is only a close friend of mine." I answered back.

Then she laughed a little bit."I'm sorry. I just assumed since you were with him." 'Him' right. " Well can you give him this?" She handed me a small bottle with a root inside. " Make sure he drinks this. Its suppose to help make your bones strong. It also helps with growth. That way he can always be tall and help any old lady or girl" she winked "who needs a tall man to help her."

Gosh this ajumma. I wont mention that Amber is a girl,things will get really awkward if i do say something. "Thank you. I'll be sure to tell 'him'."

"No thank you." She started to walk away. But she turned around to say something. "If I was 30 years younger,  I would be happy to go out with that boy that handsome. I hope someday you two will realize how lucky you both are to have eachother."

What just happened? I cant believe that ajumma just said that. My mind is drawing a blank right now still trying to process what she said. "Hey krystal. I got everything we need. We can go now." I looked at Amber and we continued walking. My cheeks were getting red from what that ajumma said. "Krys you ok? You dont look so good." She put her hand on my forehead.  Thats when I came back to reality. 

"Im fine Amber. Its just hot in here."

"But were in the freezer isle...." she looked at me concerned.

"Its nothing I promise." I regained my composure. "By the way. That ajumma you helped with the soy sauce earlier asjed me to give you this." I handed her the bottle.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Its suppose to help keep your bones strong and make sure you stay tall." Amber gave me a look. "Hey she said it not me. She also gave it as a thanks for helping her."

She looked at the bottle again. "Okay thanks!" She put the bottle away and we went to pay for the food.

We drove to Amber's apartment and walked up the stairs. ugh. Why did her apartment have to be on the rooftop? So many stairs. Maybe Amber and Unnie are right. I do need to work out more or I could use that bottle. That is if Amber doesnt want it. *wink. We entered the apartment, and Amber took all the groceries to the kitchen. While I took a seat on her couch. Last time I was here there were still boxes around. But everything looke like theyre in their place now. And its nice. She said it was a two bedroom with a kitchen and living room. So it was a decent size for one person.

"So should we start looking?" Amber returned. I nodded. She took a seat next to me and grabbed her laptop. After spending 2 hours of searching. We finally found a place that we liked that was 45 minutes out if Seoul.

"Amber what do we do now?" I layed on my couch looking at the ceiling.  she sat on the floor watching tv. " I dont know. What w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter