It's a new beginning

Can we keep a secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Amber POV

 

This morning I got a call from my new boss, CEO of SMEnt., saying that he wanted me to come to his office right away for something. It must be pretty important if im having to come to work a day before I officially start. But its only a day earlier so whats the difference.  Maybe i can talk to the CEO about being an artist. I mean that is the reason why i applied for SMEnt. anyways. Ever since my dad gave me my first guitar,  ive wanted to be in the music industry. I wonder what company Krystal works for. Speaking of which. I wonder what Krystals been up to. I heard that shes on a break because shes sick. Poor girl, she must be really stressed right now. I wish I could contact her to see how shes doing. But I think all her fans are thinking the same thing.

The SM building is a good ways away from my house, and I dont want to give a bad first impression of being late. So I think ill ride my motorcycle. When I got to the building I was surprised to see that it wasnt anything like I thought it would be. Sure it was nice and fairly big, but it was your average commercial building with this huge SM Town signthat seemed out of place. I should judge a book by its cover because once I walked in. It was amazing. It almost seemed like an airport, but it was very modern. The interior of the building gave an open vibe with the glass walls that seperated the different comfort rooms for people to relax and enjoy. Flat screen tvs were everywhere broadcasting channel even from the states. They even had this high class cafe that had coffee that smelled so rich and pastries that were fresh out of the oven. Everything was so nice, i cant believe i get to work here.  Who ever cleans this place must get paid huge bucks for maintaining it so well. Before I get side tracked I remebered that I needed to meet the CEO. I walked up to the front desk. "Um..excuse me?" The lady looked at me. "Im here to meet the CEO. He said it was urgent."

"Ahh. You must be Amber Liu. Youre a little early. He's in a meeting right now but you can go up to his office. Its the top floor." She pointed to the elevator. "Thanks."

When I reached the floor, I opened the door to his office and it was impressive as well. The huge desk was in the center of the room. All along the walls were shelves and shelves of trophies. Some couches were also in place infront of the desk. Im actually getting a little nervous. What do I do? I dont want to look awkward when he walks in. I'll just walk over to the trophies and look like I know what im doing. As I looked at the trophies I saw that a lot of them came from music groups like Super Junior, Shinee, Girls Generation and so on. I heard the door click and and the door swung open leaving me stuck between the wall and the door. Good thing it didnt hit me. I pushed the door so that it would close. I felt myself go into panic mode because i dont know what to expect. Then I realized the the person was not the CEO but a girl. Her clothes almost look like mine. Wait... those are mine.....is it Krystal?

I calmed down and put my hands in my pockets. It has to be her. I mean it even looks like her from the back.  Well theres only one way to find out. "Those clothes look good on you. I like your style" she turned around and sure enough it was her. Hehe. What a small world we live in.

"Good youre both here and on time. " im assuming that the CEO. 

"Whats going on? " krystal asked. Yeah what is going on?

"Its simple Krystal. Meet your new manager. Amber J. Liu.Shes a girl so dont be fooled." Ha shouldve told her that when we first met. Wait manager? I wanted to do music. "Amber, this is Krystal."

"Its nice to meet you Krystal." I smiled to her because i was glad to see her. But dissapointed at the same time. I hope we can get along well." I shook her hand. And she smiles

"Its nice to meet you too Amber. I hope so too."

"Well now that we've introduced ourselves, Amber I would like too talk to you. Krystal cam you step out for a bit?" Krystal nodded, bowed, and left.

"What did you want to talk about?" He walked to his desk and sat down. Then he signaled me to sit in one of the chairs.

"I wanted to inform you regarding Krystal's "break"." He emphasiesed.

"Nae, I heard that she's sick, but from the looks of things. She appears to be fine to me."

"Correct. She isnt really sick, thats just the story we used to cover up her suspension." Suspension? Why is she suspended? "You see last week she cause a little trouble for suddenly disappearing and now she is on a small hiatus for the time being."

i felt guilty because i was with her when she went missing. This is all my fault. I shouldve taken her back. "How long will this hiatus be?"

"We cancelled all her activities for the next two weeks. So all you need to do is watch her."

"But sir is there a reason why you chose me to be her manager?"

He stood up crossing his arms. "Krystal hasnt had the best of luck with her last manager. So maybe a girl would be a better fit. Based on your resume, you are more than qualified to work  along side our Soojung."Soojung? That must be her korean name. He read my resume. He probably saw that I do music."I will do my best, but sir theres something I wanted to ask about. " his eye brows raised. "Yes?"

My plams were starting to sweat. Here goes nothing. " since you read my resume. Im assuming that you saw Im interested in music." I waited for him to say something but instead it wad silent. So I continued. "I wanted to ask if i can also be an artist in this company....." there was a silent pause. "Hahahahahahahaha!" Why is he laughing? " Amber, do you know how long it takes to be were all of our artist are at? It takes years of training. Besides we alredy have a hand full of other artist who are training right now. If you were to join. You would be behind everyone."

"But sir, ill work really hard."

"Amber you're better off as a manager for this company. For Krystal. Am I clear?" I cant believe this! Hes not giving me a chance. This isn't the end. I will work my way up. Even if it means that i start as Krystals manager. I nodded. "Good. Make sure Krystal lays low for now." I left his office feeling really annoyed. meeting krystal out in the hall. She came over to give me a hug. "Amber! I cant believe were going to be working together! This is so awesome!"

"Yeah this is great!" I forced a smile. I need some air. "Since im your new manager, and you're on break what should we do?"

"I want something cold." She scratched her head. "Patbingsu?"

"Hold on now. Mr. CEO wants you to lay low. We should do something else." I walked to the elevator.

"But youre my manager and youre suppose to do stuff for me." She complained.

"Yes i am your manager. But im doing what the CEO says. And he says to stay out of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter