Part 7

Campus Crush (On-Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa approached Joohyun before the last beat of the song, gave her his guitar pick and instructed her to strum it on his guitar strings.

While she was at it, she held Yonghwa’s piercing gaze with newfound excitement as she felt the strings trembled from the pick’s touch. She has mastered the piano and learned violin from her mom but for some reason the guitar has always been interesting. She enclosed the pick tightly with her hands place it near her beating heart as the music come to an end.

Yonghwa grinned at her, he placed his guitar on its stand and made his way in front of her. “You play these things?” he asked running his fingers on the keyboard.

Joohyun nodded in response. She felt the pick’s dull edges poked her soft palm, she opened her clasped hand and tried to return his pick but he refused saying it’s a gift. She smiled, mumbled a thank you and secured it inside her bag.

“I hope you can allow us to hear your favorite piece” Yonghwa smiled at her, the keyboard and motioned her to play.

Joohyun looked around the room, she didn’t know when it happened but all are somewhat in pairs now. Hyoyeon and Jungshin are seated side by side, and obviously flirting with each other. Tiffany and Minhyuk are standing near the drums and she can sense a shy aura around them while conversing. Jonghyun was towering over Jessica who was seated and giving Jonghyun a distasteful look after hearing what he said, she saw him smirked and they started to argue but it seems like they are enjoying themselves than arguing.

And lastly them, Seo Joohyun and Jung Yonghwa, between them is the keyboard ready to be caressed by her fingers and produced beautiful music. She sighed, no one seems to notice the two of them, her eyes flew back to Yonghwa whose eyes bored on her and she felt her heart thumped harder on her chest, a surge of warm feeling on her cheeks and she knew she was blushing. She averted her gaze to the waiting keyboard, and started to play, it is better to play than to get drowned in his piercing but soulful and beautiful eyes.

The moment Joohyun played, the whole room listened and was captivated but not as captivated or captured as Yonghwa.

Yonghwa stared in awe, as her slender fingers in fluid motion caressed the keyboard and made soothing sounds. The late afternoon light that peeked in from the window at her back shone and gave off just the right amount of light to captivate a beautiful picture. He felt his chest, afraid his heart might burst or literally ran to the prettiest girl he has ever laid eyes on. He was so into it that he didn’t know the music has ended.

Seohyun looked up at the awe stricken Yonghwa after the piece. She was waiting for his comments but it hasn’t come which made her uneasy “Was it weird? But I think I played okay” she thought to herself, a little disappointed and insecure

Jungshin stood and walked towards his hyung, he pushed his jaw up to a close and whispered to his ear “Hyung stop embarrassing yourself. It pains me” he snickers and walked away just before a smack could land at the occipital portion of his head.

Yonghwa clapped his face bright red “Wow! You’re a genius!” he covered up for his trance “Right guys?!” he looked back and glared at s, who took pity on him and helped

“Yes, you really played well Joohyun-ssi” Minhyuk clicked his sticks together for what seems like applause, drummer style.

“Yes, good enough t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter