Epilogue

Hold On

[A/N: Please note that the whole chapter will be in Luhan's POV]

I can feel myself staring into an emptiness in front of me. All the officers from my department had left the funeral since an hour ago. Yet, I'm still standing straight on my spot since I came here.
As I look around to make sure I'm all alone now, I begin to let my guard down. I let a tear roll down through my cheek while my gaze is still fixated at two graves before me. Graves which belong to my only little brother Sehun and his beloved girlfriend, Y/N.
I walk to get myself nearer to Sehun's side of grave.
"Hey, Hun. How are you doing?"
I lifted my head up as the sky greets me with it's blue shade and white puffs of clouds.
"I hope you're okay up there."
I shift back my gaze towards my little brother's grave.
"Don't worry, Sehun-ah, my police department had caught your murderer."
I sigh.
"It was tough, you know, trying to hold back my anger so I wouldn't kill both of them, because they murdered my brother and a woman which I've already thought as my own sister."
I reach for his gravestone and it lightly.
"I miss you already. Remember when you said that you don't know what you wanna be?"
I took a few seconds of silence.
"Appa said you should be a comedian, since you're as noisy as a beagle."
I found myself chuckling at the memory.
"But then, you chose to be a businessman. You worked your way up to the top, even now owning the biggest stock in the company."
My expression turn down a little bit.
"They're arguing on who's going to take that part of the stock. You're lucky that our cousin, Kim Jongin also works there, so he's making some agreement right now."
I forced a smile to my lips, not wanting to disappoint him.
"Gwaenchana. He'll take care of it. You've worked hard for it. Our family is making sure the stock won't fall to the wrong person."
I took a glance of Y/N's grave.
"Ah, I also remember what you said that night. You said you were going to purpose to Y/N, right? I was so happy that time knowing that your wonderful girlfriend was going to be my sister-in-law. She's amazing, just like how you would describe it."

~Flashback~
I was eating my late dinner at 10 p.m. when I heard a sound of the door near the pantry in my house being opened.
"Lu Han hyung?"
Sehun came out of his room. I stopped eating to answer him.
"Oh, you're not asleep yet?"
"A-ani. Actually, I was waiting for you. I want to talk to you about something." Sehun said as he made his way to sit across from me.
"Jinjja? Gwaenchana? Is every this okay?" I said as I had a worry expression.
"Ne, gwaenchana. I was just, you know, I was going to say that-"
He sighed as he took a deep breath.
"You were going to say that....?" I repeated his words as I asked him to continue.
"-that I'm going to propose to Y/N soon." Sehun said as he scratched his nape.
"Omo, jinjja? You've got the ring already?" I asked surprised.
"N-ne." He said as he smiled nervously.
"Yes, YES! Y/N is going to be my sister-in-law soon! Aaah.....!!!" I said it full of joy while trying not to shout at my neighbours. I hugged him tightly.
"Yah, hyung I can't breath." He said while I'm still squishing him.
"Oops. Anyway, when are you going to propose to her?" I asked while I let go of him.
"Ah, about that. I... I'm still thinking about it."
"Aish, this kid. Don't waste your time! I want Y/N as my little sister by the end of this month, and that's final!" I said in triumphant.
"Ah, jinjja, this hyung..."
~End of Flashback~

"I'm gonna miss taking you to bubble tea shop. I'm gonna miss picking you when your car is in service. Most of all, I miss talking to you while you kept talking about Y/N"
Another tear slip. I reach out to my cheek to wipe my tear.
"Goodbye, Sehunnie. You're my one and only brother that I love."

I shifted my gaze to Y/N's grave as I walk to her side of grave.
"Hey, Y/N. How's my was-soon-to-be sister-in-law? Aish, I miss your cooking for our family already."
I laugh to the time that is recalled into my head.
"You know I still remember that time when he first brought you to our family."

~Flashback~
"Annyeonghaseyo."
"Y/N!" I said as I ran to hug her.
"Eomma!" Sehun said as our mother came out of the house.
"Sehun, you finally came! I've missed you so much." Eomma said as she gave him a hug.
"Eomma, this is Y/N." Sehun said after he let go eomma's hug.
"Annyeonghasibnikka" Y/N said as she bowed to eomma.
"Aigoo, so this is the girl Sehun always talk about. You're pretty! Just like how Sehun described you. And you have perfect manner!" Eomma said as she hugged Y/N.
"Sehun, she's a perfect candidate as my daughter-in-law, don't you think?" Eomma said with a wide smile.
I tried to hold my laughter back seeing both Sehun and Y/N's expression. I mean, how can you not? Sehun's face was red of embarrassment while Y/N face was red of her cute shyness. Hahah! Perfect couple... :D
"Eomma~" whined Sehun.
"Eomma, I think we should get inside now, appa is waiting for us" I said as I see the need to control the situation.
Seriously though, I could laugh while rolling my back on the ground looking at their deep boiled faces.
"Ah, geurae... Kaja, let's get inside!"
~End of Flashback~

"You were very talkative there with our parents."
I let out a sigh for the umpteenth time, fighting back the tears that are threatening to fall back to my cheeks.
"I'm gonna miss you."

"Baobei, mianhae, but it's getting dark, it'll rain soon."
"Few more seconds, sweetie." I replied to my girlfriend with a simple smile.
I looked up to see the gray clouds settling above me and my girlfriend.

The clouds that will pour down their tears for my loss...

I looked back to Sehun and Y/N's grave one more time.
"Goodbye, may you guys rest in peace, rejoined where you belong now."

... and hopefully, the rain will also wash away the pain that's resting inside of me.

"Okay, let's go home baobei." I said to my beautiful Chinese girlfriend I first met when I went to college in China.

[A/N: Wow, never thought I'd finish this bonus chap, I mean it's been decades since the last update... :v anyway, thank you for your support. I know not many people read this fic, but oh well, at least I did my part as an author. Thank you~ 감사합니다~]