So Close

Sneaky Glances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho’s POV:

The atmosphere is awkward. She's smiles for some reason, so I shyly smile back at her, but I'm mentally slapping myself for offering to help when, I myself am clueless with machines. It's frustrating thinking that I'm going to look like a total fool in front of her.

Fake it ‘til you make it, right?

I continue to fiddle around with the machine, hoping that one button will eventually work, but I suddenly feel a presence hover over me. Eunji is leaning on me. She is inches away from me and I lose all sense of focus, just melting away at her sweet scent and the touch of her soft hair.

'Aishh. I don't think this machine can be repaired, Suho-shi,' she refutes cutely as the corners of turn downwards and her small, piercing eyes gaze at me.

'Neh, I think so too,' I reply solemnly. Now that nothing can be done about the machine, it means that I have to leave her, right? But for some reason, I don’t want to! I want to stay by her side.

'Lets go see if we can find a coffee machine or something else,' I abruptly blurt out. Crap,was I too direct. I inwardly scold myself, but to my relief, she nods. We walk side-by-side along the passageway and I can’t help but steal quick glances at her. Her long eyelashes, her cute nose, her lips... why does she seem so perfect to me?

Eunji’s POV:

My god, am i dreaming? His dashing smile, that fact that he offered to help me... just everything about him is so attractive.

We're walking side by side, his footsteps in sync with mine, but all of a sudden, his shoulders brush against mine. The contact was for a mere second but the electricity that I felt was astonishing.  

'I… I'm sorry,' he whispers as people pass us by in the narrow passageway and he comes even closer to me. He's such a gentleman, that he held out his hand for me to walk in front due to the lack of space.

'It’s okay, Suho-shi,' I respond, disappointed that our skinship was short-lived. The butterflies in my tummy continue to flip and my anxiety transforms into uncontrollable hiccups.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter