Twenty-Four

Embracing You

             “What are you doing here?” Mark asked.

            “I could ask the same about you…” Namjoon raised his eyebrows.

            “You better not lay one finger on him or I swear to God I will break them to pieces…” Mark clenched his fists.

            “You really think I’m gonna be afraid with that threat? You should be lucky I didn’t turn you into pulp last night. Do you think I didn’t see you having a good time with that guy while you uncle said horrible things to Jinyoung?”

Mark paused.

            “If it wasn’t for Jinyoung I would’ve create chaos at the party…do you know he cried himself to sleep? And this morning too…”

Mark wanted to say something but words stuck at his throat.

            “I will take Jinyoung away from you and he will be happy with me…happier than he ever been when he’s with you…mark my word Mr. CEO…”

Namjoon said and walked past Mark and intentionally hit his shoulder.

Jinyoung rushed to the door when the bell rings rapidly.

            “I’m coming, I’m coming…” he opened the door. “I don’t think you forget anything Namjoon…” he looked up and Mark standing in front of him.

            “Hey babe…”

Jinyoung stepped back.

            “May I come in?” Mark asked.

            “Sure…”

Mark walked in and went to the living room. He sat on the long couch while Jinyoung sat quite far away from him. Jinyoung eyes darted towards Mark’s bandaged hand.

*What happened to him?* he wondered.

            “About last night…” Mark began. “I’m really sorry about last night…if I knew things gonna happened that way, I wouldn’t let you be there…we better off alone somewhere else…”

Jinyoung stood in silence.

            “And the guy you saw me talking with…it was my uncle who set us up…I made it clear to him that I’m taken…”

Mark looked at Jinyoung and the guy just stood there…like a statue without saying a word.

            “Jinyoung ah…” Mark got up from his seat and kneeled in front of Jinyoung. He took Jinyoung’s hands and squeezed it. “Baby, please…talk to me…”

            “He knew…” Jinyoung murmured.

Their eyes met.

            “Your uncle...he knew everything about my past…”

            “Baby…”

            “Did you tell him?”

            “No…he hired someone to do some background check on you…” Mark blurted out the truth. He guessed that lying to Jinyoung right now won’t bring any good for the both of them.

            “To that extent huh?”

            “Baby, I don’t care what my uncle gonna say…I love you and that’s all the matters to me…he could do anything he wants but I won’t leave you…”

Mark’s words seem to be too good to be true to Jinyoung’s ears. He pushed away Mark’s hands and got up. Tears threatened to fall down his cheeks again but Jinyoung tried hard to not it be.

            “I guess not everyone can accept someone else’s dark past…at least as dark as mine…” a bitter smile decorated his face.

            “Baby…” Mark went towards him.

            “Reality pulled me back on ground when I felt like my feet already touching the clouds…”

When Mark got nearer, Jinyoung stepped back.

            “Jinyoung ah…” Mark pleaded. He just wanted to hug Jinyoung assured that everything will be fine for the both of them.

            “Please…leave me alone…just give me some space to think…”

            “Baby…”

            “Please Mark...I beg you…”

Mark sighed.

            “Fine…take all the time that you want…but let me tell you one thing…I won’t give up on us…I’ve lost you once and I’m not doing that again…”

When Mark left, Jinyoung broke down in tears again. Youngjae came back and found Jinyoung on the floor curled up in foetal position, with tears streaking his face,

            “Hyung…what’s wrong? What happened to you?” he kneeled down pulling Jinyoung into his arms.

            “Youngjae ah…”

******************************

Monday morning came and Jinyoung wasn’t prepared for it. He got up, shower and dressed up half-heartedly. Everything he dreamed of seems like it was slipping away from him.

            “Hyung, are you sure you wanna go to work today? You could take the day off…” Youngjae said as he stood at Jinyoung’s door.    

            “It’s okay Youngjae ah…it’s my job…” Jinyoung kept telling himself that all over again. If only he could do something about it.

            “Hyung…”

            “Hmm?” Jinyoung looked at Youngjae.

            “Let’s just move out of here…start our life fresh again…away from people…you can just do freelance online work or stuff…”

Jinyoung wanted to deny it but Youngjae’s suggestion sounded so tempting to him right now.

            “We can’t do that…with you in school…”

            “Hyung…my exam is two weeks away…after that it’s just waiting time for me…I can apply to any college…or I’ll just start some part time jobs in the meantime…”

            “I dunno Youngjae ah…we need to think more about this…”

            “You don’t want to leave that guy right?”

Jinyoung paused for a second.

            “I gotta go now…I’ll see you later ok?” Jinyoung ruffled Youngjae’s hair and went out the door.

Namjoon smiled as he saw Jinyoung walked down the stairs of the apartment’s lobby.

            “Good morning y…” he said, grinning from ear to ear.

            “Namjoon…what are you doing here?”

            “Picking you up for work…I thought you would stay at home for the day…but knowing your personality…you’re a professional…c’mon…”

Namjoon opened the door of the passengers’ seat and smiled even wider when Jinyoung got in.

            “Why are you being so nice to me Namjoon?” Jinyoung asked. The jerk Namjoon he used to know slowly disappearing and he was looking at a much nicer guy that made him puzzled at times.

            “I said it before…I like you Jinyoung ah…I thought I never had the ability to actually like someone but you changed me…”

            “Is that the truth or you’re just saying that to me?”

            “It’s the truth and nothing but the truth…” Namjoon stared at Jinyoung.

            “Eyes on the road mister…” Jinyoung pushed Namjoon’s face to the front, facing the road ahead. He chuckled.

            “It’s good to see you smiling again Jinyoung ah…”

Mark dreaded the elevator ride to his office floor. He went to Jinyoung’s house earlier but his brother said that he had left for work. Series of ‘what ifs’ kept lingering in his head. The door opened and Mark stepped out. He turned and saw Jinyoung at his desk, doing his work. A sigh escaped his chest.

            “Good morning Mr. Tuan…” Jinyoung got up and bowed when he saw Mark coming towards him.

His mind went blank when Mark pulled him into a tight hug.

            “Baby…” Mark murmured.

Jinyoung squirmed out of Mark’s embrace, he was afraid if anyone saw the two of them together like this.

            “Sorry…” Mark apologised. “I was just so happy to see you…”

Later that day…

Mark was having a private meeting with one of the board members when a man came. Jinyoung recognise the guy…it was the same guy he saw Mark talked to at the party.

            “Yes sir…may I help you?” he asked politely.

            “I’m here to see Yi-En…” he said while glaring at Jinyoung. “Huang Zitao…he’ll know me…”

            “I’m sorry sir…but Mr. Tuan is in a meeting right now…would you mind waiting for a little while? He should finish in ten minutes or so…”

            “Sure…”

Jinyoung was arranging his files when Tao came by to his desk.

            “So, I heard that you worked as an before…” he sat at the edge of Jinyoung’s desk.

            “Excuse me?” Jinyoung startled. How did this man know about it?

            “Well…I could see why…you’re quite good looking…I bet you’re a hot stuff back in your days huh?” Tao chuckled. “I would’ve got your service if I know you sooner…”

Jinyoung never felt so insulted in his life.

            “Excuse me Mr. Huang…I believe that your words just offended me…”

            “Come on…it’s not a big deal…tell me something…does Yi-En good in bed…I heard that he hired you before…”

Mark came out.

            “So Mr. Gan…I hope the matter will be resolve as soon as we can…” he said and shook hands with the old man.

            “Absolutely…” the man bowed and walked away.

Mark saw Tao.

            “Tao…”

            “Hey…”

            “What are you doing here?”

            “I came by to see you…great office you got here…”

Then…

            “Great…you’re here…” Namyong came.

            “Samchun…” Mark saw his uncle came towards them.

            “Tao was on time…I called him here…I have something to talk with him…about our business…” Namyong patted Tao’s shoulder. “Let’s get into your office shall we?”

When the three of them disappeared into Mark’s office, Jinyoung slumped on his seat. A few minutes later, Namyong came out.

            “I see that you’re still here…I guess you’re a little thick skinned that I thought you would be…”

            “Mr. Tuan…”

            “Don’t say my name…I feel disgusted…now, will you be a good assistant and get us some coffee? I hope they teach you how to make coffee at the academy…”

Namyong walked back in and Jinyoung felt he wanted to curled up at a corner and cry his eyes out. He took out a piece of paper and scribbled something on it before leaving it on the table. With last look, he head out to the elevator.

*I’m sorry Mark…*

Meanwhile…

            “So, I hope we can have a prosperous joint venture between our companies…” Namyong said as he looked at Mark and Tao.

            “Me too…um…samchun…” Tao said. “Can I take Mark out for dinner tonight?”

            “Sure…he’s a big boy now…” Namyong smiled. “You don’t need to ask me to take him out…”

            “I know this great new restaurant near Haeundae…” Tao turned his attention to Mark. “Maybe we could go there…”

Mark was flustered with the two men in front of him. It looks like they were on something that he never wants to take part of.

            “Where is that coffee I ask? You should change your assistant Yi-En…he’s been slacking off…”Namyong scowled.

            “Samchun…” Mark frowned. He knew that Jinyoung was one of his hardest working employees.

Mark got up from his seat and went out. He walked out the door of his office and Jinyoung was not at his desk.

*Where did he go?*

His eyes darted towards a piece of paper on the desk. He picked it up and his eyes widened.

Mark,

I’m sorry…I can’t do this anymore…I thought I could just go to work and act as if everything was ok when clearly it doesn’t…I need more time to think about this…don’t come looking for me…I will find you when the time is right…

Jinyoung.

Namyong came out.

            “Is the coffee ready yet? Tao is getting thirsty…” he looked at the empty desk. “Where is your assistant? I knew it…that little dip is slacking off…he must be somewhere to pass time…”

            “Samchun!” Mark glared at Namyong.

            “What?!”

            “Jinyoung is nothing like that!”

Mark rushed to the elevator ignoring Namyong calling his name, hoping to catch Jinyoung before the guy leave.

*Please Jinyoung…don’t do this to me…* Mark prayed.

 

It's been weeks since I last updated...I'm so so so so sorry for making ya'll wait this long for a new chapter...I've been having writers' block and it's killing me...I hope you guys will stay with me...the story is ending soon and I promise a new MarkJin fic will be up as soon as this one finished...

Anyway, happy reading and flood the comment box ok?

ANNYEONG!!!!