Twenty-Three

Embracing You

Jinyoung’s eyes were swollen from the crying. Never in million years that he thought that would he hear someone throwing those harsh words at him. Being the person was Mark’s own uncle just doubled the pain he felt in his chest.

            “Just forget that old fart said…he’s just some stuck up corporate bastard that thinks he’s above anyone.” Namjoon said to comfort Jinyoung. He wished that he could punch that older man for what he just said to Jinyoung.

            “I’m such a fool…” Jinyoung muttered.

            “Huh?”

            “For thinking that I could be with him…”

            “Jinyoung ah…”

            “Just send me home…I just wanna forget everything that happened tonight…”

            “But Jinyoung…”

            “Please Namjoon…just take me home…”

Namjoon sighed when Jinyoung looked at him with those wet brown eyes.

            “Okay fine…”

20 minutes later, they arrived in front of Jinyoung’s apartment building. Namjoon get out from the driver’s seat and rushed to open Jinyoung’s door.

            “Thanks…” Jinyoung said as he stepped out.

            “No problem…”

Jinyoung was walking up the stairs when he realised that Namjoon was following him.

            “What are you doing?” he asked.

            “Just making sure that you don’t do anything stupid like jumping off the building…”

            “I’m fine Namjoon…you can go now…”

            “Not gonna happen tonight…until I saw you inside your house, I won’t leave…”

            “Whatever…”

The elevator ride was quiet and Namjoon couldn’t tear his eyes off Jinyoung.

            “I’m home…you can go now…”

            “Fine…if you need anything I’ll just be one call away…”

Namjoon was a few steps away when he heard a thud. He turned around and saw Jinyoung slumped on the floor.

            “Jinyoung ah!” he ran towards the guy.

His heart race as he saw Jinyoung’s pale face.

            “Hey, are you okay?” he tapped Jinyoung’s cheeks gently.

            “I’m…fine…” Jinyoung weakly answered. He tried to get up but almost fall. Thank goodness Namjoon was quick to catch him. He scooped him up bridal style.

            “What are you doing?” Jinyoung asked.

            “I’m gonna get you inside…”

Jinyoung tried to resist but he had no energy left. all the crying drained all of his willpower.

            “Where’s your room?”

            “There…” Jinyoung pointed.

Namjoon kicked the door close behind with his foot and went towards Jinyoung’s room. He gently lay Jinyoung down on the bed. When Namjoon left the room, Jinyoung curled into a ball clutching to a pillow and cried again.

Namjoon came back with a glass of water and he was greeted with Jinyoung soft cry.

            “Jinyoung ah…” he sat at the edge of the bed next to Jinyoung.

            “Just let me be…please…”

            “Fine…but I’m not leaving you alone tonight…”

Namjoon just walked out and sat at the living room, wishing Jinyoung’s cry would fade soon. He can’t bear to see the man that he loved suffered.

A knock on the door startled Namjoon as he was dozing off. Walking to the door, he wasn’t surprised to see Mark at the door.

            “What are you doing here?” the two of them said at the same time.

            “Where’s Jinyoung?” Mark tried to get into the house but Namjoon stopped him.

            “He’s inside crying his eyes out…”

            “What did you do to him?” Mark glared.

            “Me? Why don’t you ask you uncle what he did to Jinyoung.”

            “My uncle?”

            “Yeah…your beloved uncle…the words he said to Jinyoung…I had to refrain myself from punching an old man…” Namjoon clenched his fist. He began to regret not doing anything.

            “Now…will you excuse me…”

Namjoon went inside and locked the door leaving Mark standing alone at the corridor.

There’s only a few people left at the mansion when Mark get back from Jinyoung’s place. His mind kept thinking about what Namjoon just said to him.

            “Where have you been Yi-En ah…Tao was looking for you…” Namyong said as Mark walked inside.

            “What does he want?”

            “He was asking for you…here…” Namyong gave a small name card to Mark. “Just give him a call sometimes…he’s a great guy I could tell…”

            “Samchun…can I talk to you for a sec?”

            “Sure…”

The two went to Namyong’s private library on the second floor.

            “What do you want to talk about?”

            “What did you say to Jinyoung tonight? He left the party without saying a word to me…”

            “Nothing…I was just stating the obvious…” Namyong trying to avoid Mark’s question.

            “What did you say to him samchun?” Mark raised his voice a little. He was getting frustrated.

            “Don’t use that tone with me young man!”

            “I’m not gonna repeat myself…”

            “I said that he was wrong thinking that he could be standing next to you with his kind of background…I don’t need such filthy man in the company and Tao was way more suitable for you…”

Loud sound of glass breaking as Mark’s fist hit the wall mirror behind Namyong…shattering it into million tiny pieces.

            “You don’t have any rights talking to him like that!” Mark growled. His anger might reach his maximum level tonight.

            “I was right! He was a ! A e! He’s not someone that you can take and become your partner!”

            “Do you even know why he did that job? He had to put himself through college and a younger brother to school! He doesn’t have money like other people! The hardship he went through…”

Blood trickling down his knuckles.

            “Yi-En…listen to me! You can’t be with someone like him! It will reflect our image and just think how it would affect this company if outsiders knew about it…”

            “I don’t care! I love him samchun…from the first time I met him in college…if you can’t accept that…then I won’t be a part of this anymore…”

            “You want to throw everything your father had worked so hard over a guy?” Namyong frowned.

            “Yes…he made me feel alive in a way that you couldn’t imagine! Dad told me to choose my own happiness before anything else and that guy made me happy. If being with him means that I have to let go everything that I have now so be it…”

            “Mark Tuan Yi-En!”

Mark turned and marched out from the room ignoring the call from his uncle. His hands started to sting and he cursed under his breath.

*I will fight for this Jinyoung ah…*

*********************************

Jinyoung woke up when he felt the sunshine shone towards his face. The ray was blinding and he had to squints his eyes to see clearly. He looked around and saw that he was in his room, still wearing the clothes he had on last night. His gaze turned to a figure sitting on the floor with his back on the bed.

*Namjoon…*

His mind reeled back what happened the night before…the party, the meeting with Mark’s uncle…

*I know everything about you…what you did before…being an …slept with men for money…acting like a with no dignity…how you thought that you could be with Yi-En?* every words felt like a blade went through his skin.

Namjoon stirred in his sleep when he heard soft sniffle. He opened his eyes and saw Jinyoung sitting on the bed hugging his knees to the chest.

            “Jinyoung ah…” he got up and sat next to him. “What’s wrong?”

            “Nothing…I just feel like crying…”

Namjoon hugged him.

            “It’s okay…I’m here…”

            “Why are you being so nice to me Namjoon? You’re supposed to be the bad guy here…”

            “Me? A bad guy? A little naughty but not that bad…”

Jinyoung broke the hug and got up.

            “Where are you going?” Namjoon asked.

            “Shower…you should be going too…”

            “Are you sure you could be alone? I could stay for a little longer…”

            “No…it’s okay…I’m fine now…”

Jinyoung pulled Namjoon to his feet and gently pushed him out of the bedroom to the front door.

            “Jinyoung ah…are you sure…”

            “Yes Namjoon…I will be just fine…my brother is coming back soon…”

            “But what if…”

            “Nothing will happen…”

            “Make sure you call me if anything came up ok? I’ll be here in a flash…”

Namjoon put on his shoes and stood at the door.

            “Just call me if you need anything…”

            “Just go Namjoon…”

            “Just forget what ever happened last night…that senile old man is just some ed up dude.”

            “Goodbye…”

Namjoon leaned and kissed Jinyoung’s cheek.        

            “Just remember that I’ll be here for you ok?”

            “Goodbye Namjoon…”

Namjoon can’t help but to smile when Jinyoung closed the door. He was relieved to see that Jinyoung slowly went back to his old sassy self again. He walked and came face to face with Mark.

 

Two men face off? Stay tuned for the next update...

As usual, don't forget to flood the comment box...

Happy reading...

ANNYEONG!!!