Eighteen

Embracing You

Mark paced back and forth at the lobby waiting for Jinyoung. Every time the elevator bell rings he would stop and checked to see whether Jinyoung was there or not. Smiles formed on his lips when he saw Jinyoung stepped out after 15 minutes of waiting.

            “Mark…” Jinyoung was surprised to see Mark at his apartment.

            “I was waiting for you…c’mon…” Mark pulled Jinyoung and went to his car.

Like being entranced by some kind of spell, Jinyoung just followed Mark without a word.

            “Jinyoung ah…I’ve been thinking about what you said yesterday…and frankly speaking, I don’t even care about your past…it made what you are today and I believe things happened for a reason…” Mark said holding Jinyoung’s hand.

            “Don’t you find it disgusting the fact that I slept with men for money?”

            “No… …I may not understand why you chose that path but you do what you have to do and I understand that…please Jinyoung ah…just give a chance for us…”

Jinyoung fell into silence at the seat. Mark cupped his face and turned him to face him.

            “Let me ask you one thing…do you like me? I mean…just for a little bit…”

Jinyoung slowly nodded. He just couldn’t hide that fact.

            “Then that’s all I’m asking for…love me the way you are doing right now…it’s all that matters to me…let’s forget the past and focus on our present and future…ok baby?” Mark brought Jinyoung’s face closer and kissed the tip of Jinyoung’s nose.

Jinyoung nodded again. He decided to let everything go and just follow what his heart tells him…and right now it’s telling him to give this new found relationship with Mark a chance…it might just what he needed to fill the void in his heart.

             “On one condition…” Jinyoung said.

             “What is it?”

             “Can I…kiss you?”

             “You don’t have to ask…” Mark smiled and gladly leaned over for a kiss.

The ride to the office filled with silence…but a good kind of silence. Sometimes words are not needed between two people who loved each other. Mark’s hands never left Jinyoung’s…he even had Jinyoung’s hand on the shift stick.

            “Good morning Mr. Tuan…” the employees said as Mark and Jinyoung walked across the lobby heading to the elevator. Mark smiled and nodded his head to the greetings.

The elevator is packed with people. Mark and Jinyoung had to move to the far back when more employees get into it. Jinyoung felt Mark’s hands on his own, interlacing their fingers together. He looked at Mark but Mark just had his eyes elsewhere, ignoring Jinyoung’s stare. Jinyoung tried to loosen the grip but no avail.

When most of the employees had gotten off, Mark finally let go of Jinyoung’s hands.

            “Is that really necessary?” Jinyoung said glaring at Mark.

            “To me it is…” Mark chuckled.

            “I’m starting to regret this…”

            “You do?” Mark widened his eyes at Jinyoung’s words.

            “I was just kidding…” Jinyoung laughed.

            “That’s not funny!”

Mark was about to pinch Jinyoung’s side when the elevator stopped and someone walking in.

            “You owe me…” Mark muttered.

The day progressed rather quickly with Mark attending meetings most of the time and Jinyoung was there taking notes as usual.

            “So, when could I see the full report on this?” Mark asked as the planning executive explaining their new project.

            “In two weeks sir…or earlier…” the guy said.

            “Good…I guess that’s it for the day…” Mark got up and bowed. “Have a nice day ahead…”

Back in the office…

            “Finally…” Mark slumped on the leather chair, relaxing his tense back. “My back is killing me…”

Jinyoung closed the door and went to the desk.

            “So, what’s left on today’s schedule?” Mark asked.

            “Well…that meeting was your last appointment for the day…since Mr. Jin had cancelled the dinner meet…”

            “Okay…um…make yourself available tonight…”

            “Why?”

            “I’m going to take you out on our first date…”

            “I have to check my schedule then…if there’s nothing left, I’ll be on my way…” Jinyoung bowed and walked out from the office.

A few minutes after Jinyoung left, a text came to Mark’s phone.

From: Jinyoungie ><

Looks like I’m free tonight…pick me up at 8…

Mark lips turned to wide grin.

At the same time…

            “Damn it Dahee! Just leave me alone!” Namjoon hissed. He wished he could just strangle the woman that was in front of him.

            “How could you do this to me? I don’t care if you’re gay…you can change…I love you…” she tried to hold Namjoon’s hand but he quickly pulled it away.

            “I already had someone…just find another guy…” Namjoon thought about Jinyoung’s smiles…he really had fallen for him.

            “What does he have that I don’t huh?” Dahee screamed.

            “Do you really have to ask me that? It’s pretty damn obvious…” Namjoon smirked.

            “What about your father? Do you think he’s gonna stay quiet? I heard he went to your office and cause a scene.”

            “And whose fault was that? I’m done living under my father’s shadow…”

            “Namjoon ah…”

            “Look Dahee…I really like that guy…I’m sorry if I hurt you but I cannot lie to myself what I’m truly am…please, find someone else because I’m not for you…you know where the door is, let yourself out…”

Namjoon grabbed his coat and head out from his office.

Night…

            “You’re going out?” Jaebum said as he plopped on Jinyoung’s bed, watching Jinyoung getting dressed up.

            “Yup…” he smiled. “I got a date…”

            “With who?”

             “My boss…”

             “Seriously?” Jaebum eyes went wide.

           “Yup…”Jinyoung nodded. “I’ve decided to give us a chance…”

           “Good for you Jinyoung ah…no wonder you’re all smiles when just get back…Youngjae is getting creep out…”

Jinyoung’s phone rings.

            “Can you see who is it?” Jinyoung said as he put on his shirt.

            “Um…” Jaebum took the phone and looked at the screen. “Namjoon…” he looked at Jinyoung. “Isn’t he the jerk?”

            “Yup…just ignore it…” Jinyoung turned to face Jaebum. “How do I look?”

            “Great…I’m happy for you Jinyoung ah…now I don’t have to worry when I leave…”

            “You’re leaving?”

            “Yeah…the day after tomorrow…my business here is finally done and I think it’s time I stop being a burden to you and Youngjae…”

            “Hey, you’re my friend…not a burden…”

Jaebum smiled.

            “Anyway…maybe you could come down to Ilsan and visit me sometimes…”

            “Of course…” Jinyoung look at his watch. “Yaa, I gotta go…how bout we go out tomorrow night and celebrate your last night here?”

            “Sounds good…have fun with your date…”

            “Thanks Jaebum ah…” Jinyoung hugged him.

The elevator door opened and Jinyoung quickly made his way out. He glanced at the watch on his wrist and it’s already 10 minutes past 8. Mark just texted saying that he already arrived.

*I’m late…* Jinyoung quickened his paced. As he went out from the door, he saw Mark already waiting at his car.

            “Jinyoung ah…” Mark greeted him.

            “Sorry I’m late…”

            “You look hot…”

            “Same goes to you…”

They kissed.

            “I have special night waiting for us…” Mark said with his hand at the back of Jinyoung.

            “Really? I can’t wait…”

Suddenly a call came to Jinyoung’s phone.

            “Hold on…” Jinyoung took out his phone. When he looked at the screen, Namjoon’s name came up again. He quickly pushed the end button and turned off the phone.

            “Who is it?” Mark asked.

            “I dunno…wrong number perhaps…”

            “Let’s go…”

Namjoon tossed his phone to the seat next to him and it fell on the car floor. His eyes trailed the two people as they went inside a SUV and sped away. They kissed…that mean they’re together…and he does not like the idea of Jinyoung being with another man.

*I have to step up my game then…* Namjoon vowed to make Jinyoung his.

 

They're finally together but Namjoon...what will happen next? Stay tuned!

Don't forget to drop your comment below...(the first one will get 10 karma points from me...)

Happy reading!

ANNYEONG!!!!!