The Player, the Mistress and the Victim

Shut Up and Kiss Me
Please log in to read the full chapter


Monday morning came, the usual Tiffany would be out of her dorm, would go anywhere in specific, but would never stay in her bed for the whole day, her perspective about the idea wasn’t what she wanted to ever do, but It’s quite amusing how she’s doing it right now.


A bucket of ice cream, a blanket wrapping her body, with the TV and is playing the movie she hated but now being forced to be played because she had nothing else to watch.


This is what an average brokenhearted teenage girl would look like.


It wasn’t how it was supposed to be, Tiffany thought. How was everything? Everything was not fine at all. Her heart was not supposed to skip beats. Her heart must never skip beats at all. Recalling how she could let one person go in a snap and guilt was barely even within her, she wonders on what makes Jessica different when all this time she made herself think she sees Jessica as one of those everybody else that meant nothing to her.


When maybe it was the complete opposite.


Tiffany did nothing to break the kiss.
Tiffany did nothing to make her heart stop jumping.


She shook her head, wanting to erase everything that’s in it, “Jung, Jung, Jung. Why the hell are you doing this to me.” She muttered under her breath, cursing and cursing Jessica repeatedly.


She had her eyes pierced on the TV yet her focus was somewhere else.


Hatred for Taeyeon? More than you think it would be.


She could laze around and would have no plans of seeing Jessica from now on.

She herself couldn’t understand.

Her heart skips beats now but only whenever she had Jessica rambling her thoughts, she doesn’t want Jessica to avoid her, neglect her presence, or maybe be gone as if she never existed and only vivid memories would be left.


But at the same time, she didn’t want to see Jessica, she didn’t want her heart to be beating again because it only reminds her that Jessica was making her happy enough to be slowly falling for her deeper and deeper.


As they say, never base your happiness on someone, because if the person you’d give your world to would leave one day, your happiness would come along with it.

 

“Tiffany Hwang never falls for someone.” She concluded, when in reality she was wrong with no doubts.
 

 

Half past midnight and Jessica should be worrying about the mid-terms paper that’s due tomorrow yet she hasn’t done a single thing about it. She has all the time in the world, but she doesn’t feel as if she does. One phase she’ll be spacing out, the next thing she knew, an hour passed already. 


She wanted to crawl in Tiffany’s embrace, but her mind says no, and her heart says yes. She could list a hundred, maybe even thousands of reasons why she’s so intrigued by Tiffany but it was wrong, they weren’t just meant to be, the pieces didn’t fit, she shouldn’t force it either.


But the fact that Taeyeon could never be more upset with her and she recently knew Tiffany was competing with Taeyeon by playing a little game on who gets Jessica’s heart and had the intention to do nothing but break them apart, it was better to avoid Tiffany, but a phone call wouldn’t hurt, would it?
 

She had kisses with Tiffany, spent more time with her than Taeyeon ever did, jealousy issues what were they anyway? Flings.
What was she and Taeyeon? Flings. With Taeyeon wanting an attachment of some sort.


Reason why she purposely never attends Taeyeon’s prepared anniversary. A discussion was made between the two of them that if Jessica were to ever come, they’d be tied with red strings, but that day never came, nor was it coming soon.

Her phone was just right in front of her and she was contemplating on whether or not to call, or maybe text if her courage was drained all of a sudden.


Battling between this and that, she ended up calling her.

And a part of Jessica wanted Tiffany to not pick it up at all.

 

Like how she half-heartedly wanted it, Tiffany didn’t answer.
 

 

The fragrance of the flowers and familiar earthy scent was all Jessica noticed while she was laying on the park’s picnic friendly grass with Taeyeon. The birds tweeting, sun hitting her face, those were the few of she could see, and there’s Taeyeon, the one she truly loves.

These are the times that Jessica forgets that truly loving and forcing herself to love is never the same in any way.


“I’ve never seen Tiffany now a days. What did you exactly do?” Taeyeon couldn’t help but ask, out of guilt, maybe.


Jessica furrowed her eyebrows, confused on why Taeyeon would even ask, “I just told her to leave me, us, alone. I don’t know where she is, nor do I even care.”


“Are you sure you don’t?”


This caught Jessica’s attention, making her rise up, “Where is this coming from Taeyeon? You think I’ll like her more than a friend? We’re close friends that drifted apart, I have no reason to care.” Jessica said or lied, which one is more correct? No one knows, not even Jessica, the one who’s spatting out words relentlessly.


Taeyeon doesn’t know if she’ll even respond or not.

But the thought of Tiffany coming back and taking Jessica with her pushed her to say what she wants to say.


“You think I haven’t heard about the rumors that spread out as quickly as fire all throughout the campus?”


“Rumors are rumors. It’s not true unless proven, are you actually trying to doubt my love for you?”

 

“I’ve been doubting ever since, and I’m sure you were too. I hope you’d realize what you’ll lose as time goes by.” Taeyeon mustered up the courage on what she’d been grudging all along, but then again, let’s not forget that all she said was what she wasn’t supposed to say.

She’s an inch close to losing Jessica, but now she’s a centimeter closer.

“What

Please log in to read the full chapter