One, Jump. Two, Skip. - A Battle Between the Heart and Mind

Shut Up and Kiss Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Adrenaline was rushing through her veins like never before. Jessica’s façade was gleaming. The piece she thought was missing came back the moment she saw Tiffany in front of her.


Downsides? She couldn’t see one at all.
Jessica never had the plan to let go of Tiffany.


Attached it is then.


They both onto headed to kitchen to grab something to snack on before making their way towards the couch full of memories, and have the infamous sleepless nights that Tiffany would always initiate, while Jessica truly missed?



Tiffany would only let out the signature cheeky smile of hers, Jessica at first would be melted by it, yet now it wouldn’t affect her, not by a bit.


“That won’t work.”


The redhead wouldn’t ever simply say that she was playing push and pull, or else things might go haywire and she would immediately loose Jessica within minutes. 

She was taken aback, she doesn't have a lie planned. This was the exact moments where she could earn the title of the worst liar out of all the obvious liars. She couldn't make out the words to be used on her lie of a sentence in a snap or so. Jessica was waiting for an answer while sliding her fingers through the glass.

 

Someone was in trouble.

"I, uh, my cat died, I think? I mean, yeah, my cat died."

 

Stupid? Yes. Yes she was, because who would've believed such an excuse?

 

"You sure? Okay then."

 

That being said, she was off the hook when Jessica took her hand and led her to the door, resulting to Tiffany being confused, "Talkie Night?"

 

Jessica let out a chuckle, "Let's ditch that, how about go to the park?"

 

Tiffany's eyes took a quick glance at the clock right above the refrigerator, profoundly amused, "Its twelve o'clock Jessie."

 

"Jessie?" Jessica repeated, running a hand between her hair while having a difficult time sliding on her heels.

 

"It's short for Jessica, stupid." Tiffany snorted as she held Jessica's thin waist to refrain her from tripping because of her heels.

 

She was suddenly alarmed with Tiffany's hand and rose up.

 

Tiffany noticed, "I- uh, sorry?" She said, rubbing her nape, staring at the floor.

 

"For?" Jessica playfully smirked as she held out her hand for Tiffany to interwine with.

 

It took a while before Tiffany knew what the smirk meant. "Nothing."

 

And instead of holding the hand that was waiting for her, Tiffany placed her hand on Jessica's waist.

Jessica didn't mind it anyway.

 

 

Taeyeon's reflection was vivid throughout the ripples of the water of the lake the city treasured.

 

The night was young, crisp leaves were falling from the trees, the air would leave streaks on your cheeks, noting on how you shouldn't be at the park on this time of day.

 

It wouldn't be unusual if you were suddenly found on the city's park because your heart's being torn, over and over again, not getting tired of letting you feel the pain you're not foreign to anymore.

 

"I love her. I love her, I love her. I'm a fool am I? Jessica Jung answer me!" Taeyeon screamed as if Jessica was even there.

 

She bit her lip. She wanted to take Jessica's heart, match it with hers, they were soul mates, yes they were. They loved each other, yes they both did. Did they? Yes they did, Taeyeon believed.

 

Beliefs become genuine depends on those who believed it, and in this case, it's only Taeyeon.

 

"Someone such as Kim Taeyeon shouldn't be shouting in the middle of nowhere."

 

Before Taeyeon's eyes would tear up and emotions would course through her, there was her mischievous yet playful seatmate, the varsity of the basketball team, Park Leeteuk.

 

Not only him, but a hand was intertwined with his.

 

Taeyeon seeing Sunny, was more painful than seeing either Tiffany or Jessica, but worse when together.

 

She didn’t respond to the couple at all, instead, she stood up, lifeless, walked away back to her dorm, hurt. 

Happiness must've hated her so much.
 

 

Tiffany couldn't remember the last time she sat on the park bench. It's been too long to be honest. Her hand clad with another, not just anyone, but Jessica. She couldn’t neglect the fact that at that exact moment it feels as if Victory was in the palms of her hand.

 

"Tiffany."

 

The said girl shook her head to Jessica who unconsciously was laying her head on her. "Yes my princess?"

 

Jessica loved the nickname.
She didn't know why, she just did.


"Tiffany."

 

Jessica's starting to forget that she's with a player that would break her heart anytime she wants.

 

"Yeah?" Tiffany repeated and slightly shook her shoulder to wake Jessica from her gaze.

 

"I love saying your name over and over again."

 

Tiffany blushed.

She's used to it, everyone loves saying her name, Jessica feeling the same doesn't make her any different from the others.

 

"I don't get that a lot, you're the first one who ever said it." Tiffany lied and Jessica couldn't smile any wider.

 

Number one, play push and pull, number two, flutter her in every way possible and make her feel special, number three break her heart. If she comes back, play with her heart yet again, then shatter it to pieces like the last time.

 

Tiffany's motto; it already broke, why not break it again?

 

This was what her mind says, what she wants to do, what she's going to do.

But why does she feel as if her heart tells the opposite.

 

"Tiffany, you'll take care of me, tell me I'm right?"

 

Easy as pie, yes was the answer. "Do I ever not? Never."

 

Tiffany's heart says it's sincere, everyone would assume it wasn't, Jessica doubted, and if Taeyeon would was there, she'd take no second thoughts, and she’ll immediately contradict.

 

 

It was 3 in the morning, the polaroids on her wall, it was a clear memory of how she shouldn't question Jessica's love for her. Taeyeon chuckled at that one picture that had her eyes twinkling as always.

 

It was the day where she had mustered up the courage to ask out the team captain ball out on a little date, and she had the sweet yes that she wanted.

 

Before, Jessica was hers, they had the relationship everyone wanted but who knew it could've changed overnight?

 

Perfection became the opposite when the Hwang entered the door, the Kim went straight out the window.

 

Honestly, Jessica was her last source of happiness.
Jessica knows this herself, but failed to see how important she was to Taeyeon either.
 

Taeyeon laid on the mattress beyond her, staring at the ceiling both her and Jessica used to glance upon when having their usual late night talks.

 

She wasn't stupid. She wasn't deaf. She actually heard it all.

"Tiffany was out on a mall date with Jessica

Please log in to read the full chapter